PDA

View Full Version : Not 2 late 2 make 'em happy again.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-10-2015, 04:48 AM
Wanna hear them giggle, scream, and howl with pure excitement?
Want them to love you again?
Okay, all you need to DEW is roll out the boss who lives to be killed with one tap.
That would be the boss that bleeds big, greasy trinkets.
Yeah, bring that boss back, let them have their freaky way with THAT boss for SEVEN whole days and nights.
Oh, the freaky fingered things they'll DEW to that boss will make them happy.
Let them make sweet, naughty, index finger love to THAT boss.
You DEW that for them, they'll fall in love with you all over again!!!!
Trust me, I know what they like.
They like a boss with a big, fat, you know what. LOL

Sheldor Sir
04-10-2015, 04:55 AM
even that might not be enough!!! I think the dromedary is in A&E on life support

Agent Orange
04-10-2015, 05:26 AM
Should be interesting to see what happens next.

I'm of two minds on this fiasco, the obvious one that the project manager has lost touch with reality and should be terminated.

Or the more sinister thought, that this is internal sabotage by a rogue team member. I'm leaning towards this one based on the consistent 'screw' ups which might actually be the intentional work of someone that reached their limit internally. God knows many customers already have. So perhaps that march madness was someone's way of giving some GREEnius the bird. Then when they got raked over the coals for it they gave us this, the perfect way to tank revenues and drive off even more customers.

No matter how you slice it this latest fiasco is a GREEvous catastrophe.

Carl47a
04-10-2015, 05:29 AM
If they can't resolve the mission plan issue to our satisfaction - everything still CLASSIFIED!!!! What chance them resolving the raid boss issue?

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-10-2015, 05:38 AM

I'm of two minds on this fiasco, the obvious one that the project manager has lost touch with reality and should be terminated.

Or the more sinister thought, that this is internal sabotage by a rogue team member. I'm leaning towards this one based on the consistent 'screw' ups which might actually be the intentional work of someone that reached their limit internally. God knows many customers already have. So perhaps that march madness was someone's way of giving some GREEnius the bird. Then when they got raked over the coals for it they gave us this, the perfect way to tank revenues and drive off even more customers.

Very interesting thoughts, an angry, crafty, wily, sly, old fox (or vixen) running amok among all those big, fat, juicy Rhode Island Red Roasting Chickens; my, my, my.

It might be time to drag out my dusty, old manuscript about an online game, and the gamers who loved her. LOL

Its either an inspired act of GREENIUS, or a terrorist act causing AGGREEGIOUS harm.

CC1
04-10-2015, 05:40 AM

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories. But, I have to agree with this one. It's hard to believe anyone that is simply this incompetent can stay employed. It has to be intentional.

Sheldor Sir
04-10-2015, 05:52 AM
buy gold, buy gold, buy gold it is only consistent greeD policy

Agent Orange
04-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Now this is interesting,

http://gree-corp.com/press/view/102/keith-kawahata-joins-gree-as-vice-president-of-role-playing-games

Given what's been going on I'm not sure if that this is good news or bad news. I have to admit being of Japanese decent that I can't for the life of me see how these guys can let this turn into such a disgraceful mess.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Now this is interesting,

http://gree-corp.com/press/view/102/keith-kawahata-joins-gree-as-vice-president-of-role-playing-games

Given what's been going on I'm not sure if that this is good news or bad news. I have to admit being of Japanese decent that I can't for the life of me see how these guys can let this turn into such a disgraceful mess.

A Gree executive wrote an article about monetization and whales and his adventure in online gaming.
That's the moment Gree lost its way.
You don't call one person's experiences and anecdotes a scientific research study, and then base your important decisions off of those experiences.

J-manKometh96
04-10-2015, 02:06 PM
The new guy comes from Kabam, which is where the current top dog of GREE USA came from almost a year ago. You know, right when everything really started to tank? I see two scenarios here. First, Sheppard is serious about turning things around and is finally bringing in his people to right things. Or second, he got one of his boys a nice cushy job as things get liquidated.

I can't help but lean towards two.

Vile Lynn
04-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Now this is interesting,

I think it's cute how they brag about how many times their apps are downloaded in their promotional news releases.

I've deleted and downloaded MW thousands of times just trying to get the app to work. And, I am not exaggerating.

Mahan
04-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Now this is interesting,

Is there another Gree out there ? i keep reading about High quality & hugely succesfull mobile games in this story ?

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-14-2015, 01:05 PM
Is there another Gree out there ? i keep reading about High quality & hugely succesfull mobile games in this story ?

Yes, there is Japanese company named Gree that manufactures appliances.

NexusImperium
04-14-2015, 02:03 PM

Or the more sinister thought, that this is internal sabotage by a rogue team member. [..]

I vote a modified #1.

I've spoken on this before. The problems this game is experiencing is due in part to failure of Project Management.

Also, I'm pretty sure, given the evidence, this game doesn't have software developers working on it anymore. I think it's probably just a project manager by themselves anymore, who utilizes graphic artists on a monthly basis for the game's ongoing graphics needs. I'm willing to put money on this.

JB5
04-14-2015, 03:51 PM
The new guy comes from Kabam, which is where the current top dog of GREE USA came from almost a year ago. You know, right when everything really started to tank? I see two scenarios here. First, Sheppard is serious about turning things around and is finally bringing in his people to right things. Or second, he got one of his boys a nice cushy job as things get liquidated.

I can't help but lean towards two.

Kabaka....nuff said. I quit playing Kabam games long ago for the fact you couldn't get anywhere without spending cash. Makes this RB even more understandable.

Pidgeot
04-14-2015, 04:17 PM
I vote a modified #1.

I've spoken on this before. The problems this game is experiencing is due in part to failure of Project Management.

Also, I'm pretty sure, given the evidence, this game doesn't have software developers working on it anymore. I think it's probably just a project manager by themselves anymore, who utilizes graphic artists on a monthly basis for the game's ongoing graphics needs. I'm willing to put money on this.

Sounds about right.

Pidgeot
04-14-2015, 04:20 PM

GREE Japan is the parent company who does everything with the games. If any changes are to happen, it comes directly from them. GREE International, who runs these forums dont really have much say in terms of development. Would explain all the time spend waiting for change.