PDA

View Full Version : Why is it always doom and gloom?

Tuttski
04-10-2015, 02:10 AM
Hi guys. I haven't posted much but I've been reading these forums for quite a while. Why is it nearly all posts are about the bad things in crime city? If this game was that bad how come there are so many of you still playing? You must still enjoy playing otherwise you wouldn't be here. Maybe less doom and gloom would make this a better place!
Before I get slated for this it's just my own opinion.

Captain Torgue
04-10-2015, 04:51 AM
Hi guys. I haven't posted much but I've been reading these forums for quite a while. Why is it nearly all posts are about the bad things in crime city? If this game was that bad how come there are so many of you still playing? You must still enjoy playing otherwise you wouldn't be here. Maybe less doom and gloom would make this a better place!

It's called an addiction. Just like heroin and meth, it's bad, you know it's bad and society knows it's bad but if you're an addict you just don't care and only focus on getting your next fix.

TheWarthog
04-10-2015, 05:25 AM
Hope that Gree will eventually see that customers matter. They once had pretty good customer service. If you had an issue, they would take care of it. About a year and a half ago that all changed. I'm hoping that it changes back.

Dipstik
04-10-2015, 05:54 AM
*actual answer to OP question redacted to comply with forum rules*

Vile Lynn
04-10-2015, 07:46 AM
What's wrong with doom and gloom?

I happen to enjoy doom and gloom. ;)

fan139
04-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Its the same theory as if you have a good expirence you will tell one person but you have a bad one you will tell 10.
Imagine you stay in a hotel thats amazing, and have good service and experience, you probably wont write on trip advisor regarding it.
On the other hand its awful, you want somewhere to vent this anger, you take to the best weapon you know, your keyboard and the internet to write and moan.

Take a look at a hotel review list, a hotel could have 400 rooms operating around 85% capacity every night, but you will only see probably 2000 reviews half may be negative due to this simple fact.

People cant be bothered to write all the good things that happen, it does sometimes but hardly, the negative things are always highlighted.

John_Locke
04-10-2015, 11:11 AM

It's the people, for most of us. We don't want to let our syndicates down. For others, they don't want to see their investment go to waste; most have been playing for over a year. They've (well, we've) spent an enormous amount of time on this game. We can't just let all that go.

I was in a top 75 team, minimum gold ( $10-$20 a month) when accomplices came out. All of a sudden, stats were literally half worthless. However, I was at almost $75M IPH; I worked hard for that! So I joined a syndicate with all the building output bonuses and no minimums; but eventually, the game sucked me back in. Now I'm semi retired in a top 500 syndicate with some friends from back in the good old days. We play for fun, and my exorbitant IPH more than makes up for when I just put this game down for a week and don't do anything except for collect and upgrade my buildings.

For me, it's a little bit of both those reasons.

aarondavidsdad
04-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Apparently you haven't been playing very long. Most events rarely go off without a major hitch or they are completely FUBAR. That's reason enough to have a healthy distrust that things will work properly. Hence the down tone of things.

cooch
04-10-2015, 03:00 PM

Whiners gotta whine. Probably like this in RL. Just skip over their posts or don't reply to them. They feed off of it as well.

ThWatcher
04-10-2015, 06:11 PM
It's called an addiction. Just like heroin and meth, it's bad, you know it's bad and society knows it's bad but if you're an addict you just don't care and only focus on getting your next fix.

I couldn't have said that better myself ;)

Tuttski
04-12-2015, 02:07 AM
Started playing this game in dec 2012 so have been around a while. Guess I have the addiction as well!

DoomsdayMY
04-13-2015, 03:41 PM
What's wrong with doom and gloom?

I happen to enjoy doom and gloom. ;)

There's nothing wrong with me and it's not true. You've never enjoyed me. I can't answer for Gloom though.:p