PDA

View Full Version : Modern war shuting up shop

Pink Viper
04-09-2015, 05:06 PM
So I guess Gree are closing MW. Its a nasty tactic creating error after error forcing players to quit the game so that Gree arent liable for the thosands of £s in refunds because players will have quit on their own free will.

This is the only logical reason or why else would you continue to employ a team that are so often and consistently cocking everything up?

Taking folders out of player and faction vaults.

Grossly miscalculating damage required for reward 256b on BEGINNER lvl my FA Is only 37b. (Changed to 500k from one extreme to the other)

Drastically changing event prizes half way through event.(1.3b att reduced to 133m att).

Running too many events at once

Constant lack of communication.

And that is this weekend alone.

I will give MW 1 month at best if I dont see improvements im gone to another game and it wont be a Gree one.

We dont want free refills or free gold.
WE WANT A GAME A GAME THAT PLAYS WELL AND RUNS SMOOTH & HASSLE FREE

Please sort the game out or just pull the plug and give everyone a break

Pink Viper

Relic
04-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Modern War is not shutting down, just so everyone is clear.

Pink Viper
04-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Whats happening then nothing is rite these days?

Twist of Cain
04-09-2015, 05:21 PM

Would you please reconsider and actually shut it down. This game is just terrible. Thanks in advance.

Pink Viper
04-09-2015, 05:22 PM
You are quick to reply that your not closing the doors but not so quick to answer a simple question, why is that?

Robespierre
04-09-2015, 05:22 PM

Maybe not today, but it will eventually. Funny thing is that the folks at your office have full control of accelerating the timeline.

All my best,

Robes

East Coast Bias
04-09-2015, 05:40 PM

I think what Relic meant was that it wasn't shutting down but going to be kicked from the app store.

Pink Viper
04-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Maybe ill keep posting that the game is shutting down until i get booted or get an answer to my question of what is happening to the game

johnnybravoo77
04-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Then why are people leaving the game in groves? I know you cant fix the game, but if i were you id polish up that resume, cause this game is going downhill in a rocket ship.

Mikelord
04-20-2015, 06:04 PM
I left the game, I still play new platform base games with my old clan mates, and I keep in touch with the ones still playing MW but I do agree, get. A refund for this game if you can, or gree straighten out these problems with every event

chad1122
04-20-2015, 06:36 PM
I agree, gree is doing a wonderful job at shutting down game! Not very many are having fun playing the game as it is. If it's not fun, then why bother!

major willy
04-20-2015, 08:35 PM

Then how do you explain the message I got from gree.

"We are no longer restoring accounts. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. Check back for future updates."

I got this when I tried to have my account restored to a new phone. Seems to me that somebody at gree let the cat out of the bag. I'm done. Boom Beach here I come.

Benasi
04-20-2015, 08:36 PM
Yes it does look that way, I'm in a top 25 and we have had three veteran players leave in the last two days, and I know of a lot more in the top factions have left as well and/or seriously thinking it too.

MW is getting very boring the last 4mths I'd say for myself, the puch for Apollo and they bring out the bigger units obliterating that idea, closing shop with this new ridiculous Raid Boss, Long WD events boring as hell (4day max imo) and the list goes on..... No wonder people are giving it the finger and closing shop.

even buying gold isn't worth the top prizes anymore, its a joke and GREE really need to pull their fingers out and start listening to the MW community and what they want, of course keep their foundation, but you have to listen to what the players want and keep them happy to keep going strong.

IMO.

Preacher Wolf
04-20-2015, 08:45 PM

"We are no longer restoring accounts. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. Check back for future updates."

I got this when I tried to have my account restored to a new phone. Seems to me that somebody at gree let the cat out of the bag. I'm done. Boom Beach here I come.

if this statement is true then at least one of the mods should at least explain to us why gree is no longer restoring accounts anymore. if its not true then a mod should at least say its bull crap and don't believe anything this guy is saying.

major willy
04-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Nope. This is what I received. If I knew how to upload the email I would. Explain how and I will. Mods need to explain this asap. This is complete bs. i laugh every time a mod says it's not true. How long will they keep going or do they even know. Thank you to the gree employee who sent this. Confirms my suspicion. And no GREE I will not post who sent. An honest employee will not be fired because of my post. Get it straight and learn how to run an HONEST business.

Preacher Wolf
04-21-2015, 06:44 AM
i believe you got the email and your email needs to be addressed by a mod

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-21-2015, 07:43 AM
Tea leaves, chicken bones, handwriting on the wall, footprints in the snow, all are signs, or so say some.

Them chicken bones never DEW lie.

Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/i/ismailhani444596.html?src=t_truth)

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/marcusaure143088.html?src=t_truth)

Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Tell the truth, or someone will tell it for you.

It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.

Ajk
04-21-2015, 09:32 AM
I'm sure they are just trying to avoid the mass influx of refunds by saying the game is not going to get shuttered. Get em while you can is what I would tell you all.

Relic
04-21-2015, 09:52 AM

This has been addressed in another thread by Clementine - please send your ticket number to one of us in a PM so we can gather more information.

To reiterate, though, Modern War isn't shutting down.

Flash0810
04-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Relic

Since you say that MW isn't shutting down, can you explain how GREE will be addressing the endless issues with the game design and system faults that are currently there?

GREE has to understand a few things here. I have seen many players just quit over the last couple days. I've seen many factions combine into a single faction due to dropped numbers. I've seen MANY players send in refund requests for their money due to gaming issues that plague MW and are getting it refunded. In 1 cycle, you have undermined MOST players who have spent the better part of 3 years to build while spending their cash. While the developers there don't play the game, many of us here do. And from what I've seen over the last 2+ years is that the Developers, QA & Execs have not taken on board the recommendations of what we have said and this is now the result of a cultural divide!

At the rate I see players dropping out of MW, soon there will not be enough money coming into the game to make it viable any longer......

Flash0810
04-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Here is something that annoys the HECK out of the community here! We have you as the Community Managers (as well as others before yourself). In many ways you are the face between the community and the business. I always see posts where GREE wants feedback from the community but we never see anything in return our way. Give you an example: The Mission Master event. Out of the Blue there was this event but nothing from GREE about what this event was. It took a player from the community to address this and answer it for all. This is common place where things are thrown out there but silence from GREE themselves.

Personally, the rate things are going, I see the game ending in the very near future.

Preacher Wolf
04-21-2015, 11:44 AM
This has been addressed in another thread by Clementine - please send your ticket number to one of us in a PM so we can gather more information.

what thread was it addressed in and you could at least answer the question on if you guys are restoring accounts or not. its not a hard question to answer and if you guys don't answer it then you will just make the situation worse

Vile Lynn
04-21-2015, 11:50 AM
IMHO, MW customers have nothing to worry about until Kingdom Age leaves the app store. GREE will can KA before MW.

Bolt
04-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Nope. This is what I received. If I knew how to upload the email I would. Explain how and I will. Mods need to explain this asap. This is complete bs. i laugh every time a mod says it's not true. How long will they keep going or do they even know. Thank you to the gree employee who sent this. Confirms my suspicion. And no GREE I will not post who sent. An honest employee will not be fired because of my post. Get it straight and learn how to run an HONEST business.

The customer support team absolutely still does transfers. Send me a Private Message with your ticket number and I can take a look at why you got that response.

Preacher Wolf
04-21-2015, 12:37 PM
The customer support team absolutely still does transfers. Send me a Private Message with your ticket number and I can take a look at why you got that response.

Bolt, thank you very much for answering the question. There would be less confusion on certain things if mods would just answere a few of the questions people have. Thank you

major willy
04-21-2015, 02:39 PM

Thank you. I will send it soon.

groovy shags
04-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Has anyone started a "GREE fall out shelter" room in groupme yet? If so, please post the room link. We can all meet there in June and have some good laughs guys! Cause this forum will be gone also! And I will only miss the forums, not the game itself!

tigerlion
04-21-2015, 09:08 PM

You can try to diffuse the rumours Relic, but it's obvious by what all it's been written in only the last couple of weeks that this game is going down the drain fast, and people quitting at an alarming rate. Don't see this game go through summer, if not before then.

gwill
04-21-2015, 10:32 PM

because your information is deemed accurate? oh ya that's right for someone who's supposed to have proper information on things you don't.

Sandhawk
04-21-2015, 11:55 PM
It was fun (relative) while it lasted...

killbillbst
04-22-2015, 03:15 AM

Prepared to state how long the game will go on for?? Doubt it.

Helios Von Elisar
04-22-2015, 04:45 AM
The game isn't shutting down soon, it still has a wide player base. There does seem to be a handful of bloggers who come here to constantly slam it. They are the equivilent of the boy who cried wolf, if your on the forum much you ignore them. Take off the tin foil hats, Gree has too much invested in MW to fold up shop.

Gree is developing a serious PR problem. If you go to the App Store and look at the reviews of the game - it's bad. Very bad. I doubt too many new players are coming aboard. Most new games are minis of current players, trying to fill the void. A lot of people are leaving the game, I'd say they lost 10-20% since the start of the year. But there are still a lot of players.

But Gree has to keep them interested. RB is doing just the opposite. People have to think they can win before they will participate. If you want people to buy gold you have to give them something in return. The last few events was more like Gree demanding you empty your pockets. When our gold players start complaining, it's an issue. And they've been complaining a lot lately.

J-manKometh96
04-22-2015, 07:07 AM
I think you far overestimate how many players are actually left.

sstuutss
04-22-2015, 07:43 AM
Gree has too much invested in MW to fold up shop.
But its not grees call, its apples. If gree cant get a 64bit version past apple then no more app store.(though who knows if apple will really go through with it?)
Now as.easy as the 64bit fix is meant to be, has gree demonstrated any programing know how recently that would let you sleep easy knowing the update was in safe hands?

p.s. if you'd like to see more of their pr problems have a read of their fb page

Tinker
04-22-2015, 08:17 AM

It is obvious you have already dismissed any capable programmers you may have had so no fix is possible. All new rollouts are riddled with defects. Old problems remain unresolved as new glitches are introduced. The game has changed in such a way that new players have no chance of meaningful participation so therefore no new players will be introduced to the game. All downloads now are current players desperately trying to get the game to work.
I don't understand. Why isn't Modern War shutting down?

Of course I remember the Iraq war when Bagdad Bob would have regular news conferences to tell the world how they were beating the Americans even as American tanks were entering the city.
Relic did you work in Iraq once upon a time?

goblue21
04-22-2015, 09:00 AM
I'm sad the game is shutting down, I thought it was fun last year when there were people in charge that knew what they were doing. Now it seems like nobody cares about it. I guess they want the game to go down in flames with SUP still spending money on a broken game. Fix the game or tell us that this is the end. Dont lie to us and say everything is fine, when you know damn well its not.

crazeejay
04-22-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm sad the game is shutting down, I thought it was fun last year when there were people in charge that knew what they were doing. Now it seems like nobody cares about it. I guess they want the game to go down in flames with SUP still spending money on a broken game. Fix the game or tell us that this is the end. Dont lie to us and say everything is fine, when you know damn well its not.

Just have your marshmallows ready :)

J-manKometh96
04-22-2015, 09:35 AM
At no point last year did anyone at GREE have any idea of what the hell they were doing.

bam bam.
04-22-2015, 06:13 PM

I think you guys would be the last to know

J-manKometh96
04-22-2015, 07:02 PM
One thing that always seems to be overlooked is that GREE as we know it is not all there is to the company. These games and these copy-cat titles are only one part of the machine, and may not be one that is all that important or lucrative overall. It would be very interesting to see just how the part we know compares with the rest.

ATG
04-22-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm about 6 weeks free of modern war, looks like I made the decision. As for the mod saying the game isn't shutting down... The people who pay for this BS game decides when it shuts down. No revenue, no game. And with the current trend, perhaps the mods should start interviewing elsewhere...������������

Helios Von Elisar
04-23-2015, 04:16 AM
During the last fl I missed day one. After I started hitting I checked my rank, I was about 12,500 after the first battle. So we have at least that manyplayers left. I know how many have left my faction and the ones I visit. I think I have a pretty good idea how many have left the middle ranks. Maybe they are leaving the top 50 faster, don't really know and don't really care as I don't fight in that crowd anymore., it's too demanding.

J-manKometh96
04-23-2015, 04:31 AM
It's funny just a few months ago we were estimating between 120k and 150k players. Now we are looking at only having maybe 35% of those numbers? Pretty pathetic. I think I'll test it out next FL by sitting out with the exception of one hit to just get ranked.

tigerlion
04-23-2015, 07:30 AM
It's funny just a few months ago we were estimating between 120k and 150k players. Now we are looking at only having maybe 35% of those numbers? Pretty pathetic. I think I'll test it out next FL by sitting out with the exception of one hit to just get ranked.

Did you notice last 2 FLs, they were only handing out Indy rewards for the first 10k, not 40k? Don't think there is 40k players left, closer to 20-25K, maybe.

J-manKometh96
04-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Did you notice last 2 FLs, they were only handing out Indy rewards for the first 10k, not 40k? Don't think there is 40k players left, closer to 20-25K, maybe.

That's closer to the number I believe it actually is. However given that it seems the average faction number is about 40, that would mean 40k in the top 1000. Overall I believe it to be between 25k on the low end and 50k on the high end. Either way, it's drastically lower than it was a few months ago and merely a drop in the bucket from a year ago.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-23-2015, 11:55 AM
If there are 100,000 games, or even 1,000,000 games being used, don't extrapolate that as meaning that one game equals one owner/tapper/player.
These days, many tappers own five, ten, or even twenty accounts.
Let's say that the average game owner uses five accounts.
If there are 100,000 games, that's about 20,000 to 25,000 tapper-owners.
The number of accounts in use doesn't translate to a one on one ratio these days!!!

J-manKometh96
04-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Oh no, not in the least. Sorry if I was making it seem like that was the number of unique players.

tigerlion
04-23-2015, 02:52 PM
If there are 100,000 games, or even 1,000,000 games being used, don't extrapolate that as meaning that one game equals one owner/tapper/player.
The number of accounts in use doesn't translate to a one on one ratio these days!!!

Right Dewin. That mean, it's even worst than we think. And lots of factions are under 20 players, some with 1 player with 4-5 accounts. Lots of mergers been happening lately, with so many players quitting. Not a rosy picture, and only Gree is to blame for this gigantic fiasco ( with the help of some top factions, who keep spending huge amounts, on a so poorly managed game).

Agent Orange
04-23-2015, 02:55 PM

Absolutely true! I know my LLPs would really skew the numbers. I doubt since linking there is anyone playing who does not have at least 1 alternate and during MM I bet rhe clever ones created many to take advantage of grees generosity. I know I sure did!

Speed ump
04-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Yes yes, all the worlds problems are bexcuse of people who spend money. Lol. Last I heard that's what made the economy go round. And what does someone else spending money have anything g to do with it? Does it change how you play? Do you really think that gree would make changes if the spenders stopped spending? I rather think they would just close up shop. Grow up people this is the real world, where people spend what they want, on what they want. They arnt the cause of problems, and are most likely what keeps things going, whether it's in this game ( and find another similar game that isn't exactly the same situation) or in real life. As long as most here have been playing, you guys know the real deal by now. If you're expecting anything new and different from gree other than what they've shown is in the past, then you're a slow learner. Of the problems bother you so much,mad they have some, then it's probably time to move on. I play several games and can tell you the story never changes in any of them, though I would say this one has by far the most glitches of any I've played to date. Maybe there's some out there that are just as bad in that respect, I just havnt found them yet.

Agent Orange
04-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Right Dewin. That mean, it's even worst than we think. And lots of factions are under 20 players, some with 1 player with 4-5 accounts. Lots of mergers been happening lately, with so many players quitting. Not a rosy picture, and only Gree is to blame for this gigantic fiasco ( with the help of some top factions, who keep spending huge amounts, on a so poorly managed game).

I stopped doing FL because it didn't fire me up. I do still like WD but I notice participation is really down. I run 2 16 player factions and the matches are quit interesting. I've match 1 player factions and beat them by just hitting the CC since the DL was too strong or as many as 35 players. The interesting thing was those factions could have beat me if even half the members of the faction did something which makes me curious. Seems like players are just dropping their low stat minis into a faction with a monster DL and getting someone to declare ever hour. I guess that actually works well since it seems not many factions actually have members sticking around playing. Granted this is in the top 500 and down where I see this.

I also when I built a 5 player test faction noticed a crazy number of single player factions so yes the number of factions isn't nessessarily a good indication of how many are actually participating.

J-manKometh96
04-23-2015, 03:24 PM
So as bad as I estimated, it really is worse.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-23-2015, 03:35 PM
So as bad as I estimated, it really is worse.

Yes, it would certainly seem so, Jman.

Big John
04-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Seems 40,000+ play War of Nations as Gree emailed me to try it.

JB5
04-23-2015, 04:35 PM
I played that for about 5 mins. Cheaper version of MW.imo

Preacher Wolf
04-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Is war of nations any good? i am playing boom beach but as of right now i am not sure if i want to continual to play it.

Big John
04-23-2015, 04:40 PM
I stopped playing ages ago, try DomiNations or Call of Duty Heroes.

J-manKometh96
04-23-2015, 06:47 PM
I got in on WoN in the very beginning. It didn't take long to totally lose interest. I started back up some time ago, but yet again it didn't last. It's a bit different than MW, but I could never make any sense of the game mechanics. You would start a battle with 1200 units, but by changing one single unit the whole outcome would be drastically different. It just turned me off in time.

major willy
04-23-2015, 08:59 PM
Gree games equal money. Wow gree are you so ignorant that you will go under. We can only hope.

major willy
04-23-2015, 09:01 PM
Also forgot to say. I sent a pm like was asked and no response as to my account. What gives?

Vegaman
04-24-2015, 03:44 AM
Yes yes, all the worlds problems are bexcuse of people who spend money. Lol. Last I heard that's what made the economy go round. And what does someone else spending money have anything g to do with it? Does it change how you play? Do you really think that gree would make changes if the spenders stopped spending? I rather think they would just close up shop. Grow up people this is the real world, where people spend what they want, on what they want. They arnt the cause of problems, and are most likely what keeps things going, whether it's in this game ( and find another similar game that isn't exactly the same situation) or in real life. As long as most here have been playing, you guys know the real deal by now. If you're expecting anything new and different from gree other than what they've shown is in the past, then you're a slow learner. Of the problems bother you so much,mad they have some, then it's probably time to move on. I play several games and can tell you the story never changes in any of them, though I would say this one has by far the most glitches of any I've played to date. Maybe there's some out there that are just as bad in that respect, I just havnt found them yet.

Wise words from someone who has been there and got the Tshirt... (Albeight an expensive TShirt)... Totally agree with what you are sayin.

DelAWOL
04-24-2015, 02:32 PM

Actually people spending vast amounts on poor quality goods does cause economic problems in Gree land and the real world, it's called hyperinflation and when that occurs the poor get squeezed first, then the middle class start to suffer and finally the elite because there GREEd and the GREEd of the companies that make sub standard products squeezes down profit margins, isolates all but a few and then collapses

J-manKometh96
04-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Shhh.... Don't bring logic into the discussion.

WBS
04-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Actually people spending vast amounts on poor quality goods does cause economic problems in Gree land and the real world, it's called hyperinflation and when that occurs the poor get squeezed first, then the middle class start to suffer and finally the elite because there GREEd and the GREEd of the companies that make sub standard products squeezes down profit margins, isolates all but a few and then collapses

We said Delawol

Speed ump
04-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Jman, let me know when you're going to post some logic, Id be interested to see the first time

Speed ump
04-24-2015, 04:36 PM
For those of you who havnt done the math, it's the thousands that spend small that make the bulk of money spent in the game, not the few whales. If you expect gree to change for the whales, you havnt been paying attention. You'll have to convince the guys spending just a little to change their habits, and unit together.

redvenge99
04-24-2015, 04:39 PM
For those of you who havnt done the math, it's the thousands that spend small that make the bulk of money spent in the game, not the few whales. If you expect gree to change for the whales, you havnt been paying attention. You'll have to convince the guys spending just a little to change their habits, and unit together.

Unfortunatly this is the truth..

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
04-24-2015, 06:27 PM
spend it if ya' got it, spending isn't the problem, spending has never been the problem.....

redvenge99
04-24-2015, 09:00 PM
spend it if ya' got it, spending isn't the problem, spending has never been the problem.....

Wierd, this is the truth to..

NexusImperium
04-26-2015, 04:29 PM

You hit it head on but I think for a different reason than what you were hitting on.

In the real world economic activity is the flow of money. But this game is different than the real world because generally in the real world people do not trade down. That is to say, people usually trade their money for something of roughly similar value.

In the case of this game, it's the complete opposite. People are trading their money for something of little to no value (other than entertainment). It's nearly completely financial destruction going on with these so-called freemium games.

In the most egregious cases where people are spending $1000's and getting no return on their money it's the most financially devastating. In the real world people willing to spend that kind of money typically do it on a business venture or on some other kind of financial vehicle that offers a return on their risk.

Pidgeot
04-26-2015, 05:07 PM

You speak the truth here but the problem is even when spending a little, the prize is still far out of reach. The way the events have been going is spending less than 150 per event and Im talking more on the LTQ side of things, you have a small chance to finish.

The one thing Im surprised no one is talking about is the faction side of the event. The problem is factions just dont do events because of the cost of it to finish. IF as a faction, a faction can be completed for say, 120 bucks between 60 players, then events finish. We're talking 2 bucks a player. The nature is most players play for free. I consider myself a free-lite gold player. I will buy a vault or 2 if the prize is good and save the gold over many events but if a player needed to compensate for another, they would. Keep in mind the cheapest gold option is 5 bucks.

A good LTQ cycle can generate over 1200 bucks a faction and because its so cheap, more faction will spend. There are currently over 4000 faction so thats about 1.2 million from just LTQs. The secret here is to keep cost low.

The other problem was that last frontline. Points asked were WAY too high. Frontline naturally is a money maker and might be the biggest one next to frontline so dont kill the players. To complete indie, it cost about 10 bucks. I float around 50 to 75 gold to finish at 250 deploys, of course this depends on the number of ships I have. Keep indie and faction points low. faction prestige should be between 250 and 300m points at 15/15. Low points and cost keeps players happy but factions dont stop spending there. They will spend the entire event, some players more than other. It should be a treat, not a chore.

J-manKometh96
04-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Nothing in this game is worth $20 a cycle, nevermind just an LTQ. Regardless of what kind of "reward" is given. Your thinking is beyond flawed as a top 4000 would never have spent anywhere near that at this games best, again regardless of whatever "reward" was given.

WBS
04-26-2015, 05:56 PM
You speak the truth here but the problem is even when spending a little, the prize is still far out of reach. The way the events have been going is spending less than 150 per event and Im talking more on the LTQ side of things, you have a small chance to finish.

The one thing Im surprised no one is talking about is the faction side of the event. The problem is factions just dont do events because of the cost of it to finish. IF as a faction, a faction can be completed for say, 120 bucks between 60 players, then events finish. We're talking 2 bucks a player. The nature is most players play for free. I consider myself a free-lite gold player. I will buy a vault or 2 if the prize is good and save the gold over many events but if a player needed to compensate for another, they would. Keep in mind the cheapest gold option is 5 bucks.

A good LTQ cycle can generate over 1200 bucks a faction and because its so cheap, more faction will spend. There are currently over 4000 faction so thats about 1.2 million from just LTQs. The secret here is to keep cost low.

The other problem was that last frontline. Points asked were WAY too high. Frontline naturally is a money maker and might be the biggest one next to frontline so dont kill the players. To complete indie, it cost about 10 bucks. I float around 50 to 75 gold to finish at 250 deploys, of course this depends on the number of ships I have. Keep indie and faction points low. faction prestige should be between 250 and 300m points at 15/15. Low points and cost keeps players happy but factions dont stop spending there. They will spend the entire event, some players more than other. It should be a treat, not a chore.

Well stated Pidgeot. You are definitely right on the nail when you say this game has become a chore. It no longer feels like a game and many of us are hanging on just to continue trudging along with our faction friends.

Speed ump
04-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Jman, each person has to decide what the worth is to them. Just as one mans junk is another mans treasure. Feel free to speak for yourself.

J-manKometh96
04-26-2015, 07:36 PM
I think the masses are speaking quite loudly enough. However, if you'd care to reread my post, you'll see I was speaking for no one, and merely repeating what those before us have already said.

Pidgeot
04-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Nothing in this game is worth $20 a cycle, nevermind just an LTQ. Regardless of what kind of "reward" is given. Your thinking is beyond flawed as a top 4000 would never have spent anywhere near that at this games best, again regardless of whatever "reward" was given.

Not sure how its flawed. Each faction has members willing to spend large amounts of Gold, maybe not top 5 large but still large. if faction events were at most 120 buck (prestige) during a rush through and each member contributed 2 bucks each, you can finish faction. That with time to regen energy means a cheaper or free event if done right. We dont know the numbers on who spends what but factions dont spend because everything is so out of reach. Make everything reasonable, people spend.

Danger Mouse
04-26-2015, 08:43 PM
Walmart is one of the biggest companies on the planet built on the model of getting millions of customers to spend $20 on lower quality goods at a very reasonable price.
-
Apple is one of the biggest companies on the planet built on the model of getting thousands or people to spend $500 on high quality, thoroughly tested goods at a moderately reasonable price that people expect to pay for that level of goods.
-
Gree is a company built on getting hundreds of people to spend thousands of dollars for crud.

NexusImperium
04-26-2015, 09:03 PM
The secret with Wal-Mart isn't directly with the prices per-se. Their secret sauce is that they've figured out how to build efficiency into their supply chain which reduces their cost - they pass these cost savings onto the customer. This allows them to have un-competitive prices. They build their profit on volume, similar to Amazon, Visa/Mastercard/etc making millions upon millions from a few cents on each sale.

Apple on the other hand has very strong brand loyalty. They've managed to get millions of people to spend their money on each iteration of their devices, which carry a hefty profit margin for Apple. In essence Apple is chasing the whales but at least the whales in this case get something valuable in exchange for their money. Non-whales still get to play because there's a strong aftermarket for used apple devices.

With freemium games, it's all a play on emotion. The only thing the players get in exchange is a really nasty case of financial hemorrhoids.

J-manKometh96
04-27-2015, 01:49 AM
Not sure how its flawed. Each faction has members willing to spend large amounts of Gold, maybe not top 5 large but still large. if faction events were at most 120 buck (prestige) during a rush through and each member contributed 2 bucks each, you can finish faction. That with time to regen energy means a cheaper or free event if done right. We dont know the numbers on who spends what but factions dont spend because everything is so out of reach. Make everything reasonable, people spend.

Your flaw is right there in your second sentence. You've been spending so much for so long, that without even realizing it, you've actually come to believe that. No wonder you want to work for GREE.

Pidgeot
04-27-2015, 04:07 AM
Your flaw is right there in your second sentence. You've been spending so much for so long, that without even realizing it, you've actually come to believe that. No wonder you want to work for GREE.

A business needs to make money and if GREE wants to make money, they should do it in a way to where everyone can benefit equally. I dont mind spending IF I can gain from it. I also want to work for GREE's art department. Just because the game is ass in playability does not mean the art quality is also ass.

Big John
04-27-2015, 04:13 AM
Maybe if Gree shut down the game they can then rethink their business practice.

Speed ump
04-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Pidgeot, anyone that spend x dollars has access to the same things. I'm not following what you're trying to say with that one. Some one who spends a little obviously isn't going to get the same things as someone who spends a lot. And there's no real way to overcome the bonuses that have built up by playing at the top for years, but those guys have spent years spending at that level to achieve them.

truthteller
04-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Pidgeot, anyone that spend x dollars has access to the same things. I'm not following what you're trying to say with that one. Some one who spends a little obviously isn't going to get the same things as someone who spends a lot. And there's no real way to overcome the bonuses that have built up by playing at the top for years, but those guys have spent years spending at that level to achieve them.

I have to agree with Speed, here, PUN has been spending lots since the game started and have build a huge stock of bonuses
for example in this current war, they have only score 45m points (which is more than enough to ensure top 1)
but this 45m points have cost them way less than what they had spent in the first WD wars, because now they are receiving the benefit of all those bonuses they have accumulated, thus they spend less to achieve the same or more amount of points.

which unfortunatly is has been causing GREEdy to loose revenues because 1- PUN spends less per event now and 2- nobody cares to try to push for top1
the real fight are for top 10 and maybe top 3
Only if top3 tries for top 2, then they will push the score thus making PUN score more too, but that has not been happening for a while
every WD we see top 1 scoring less and less because they do not need to score more

in the end revenues will keep on dropping and eventually game will be taken offline just like LAW, MQ, CL and many other gree games

for the time being, lets just keep enjoying what we can, which is not much thanks to gree
I think only events they have not really GREE-UP are WD and FL to some extend and are still fun to participate

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-27-2015, 09:33 AM
If the team on top stopped at 100,000,000, or even 10,000,000; the others would line up accordingly.
Teams know their place.
Guess what such cooperative efforts would mean to individual players?

Speed ump
04-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Lol, sure they would. I think I just spotted a flying pig too. So you're saying that all those teams are actually attempting to keep up with sup currently? I think even Emporers will tell you that they are not.mtheyre just looking to stay ahead of third and get their wins and streaks in. That's a pipe dream you've had for years now that will never happen. You will never get all th teams to cooperate with that, and then if someone ( and yes many will ) takes advantage, and jumps ahead, then it's chaos. It would never work, even when we tried doing that with OSW, they still pushed the score because of their dislike for sup2. People will always act on their own agenda. It will remain as is until the day where the game no longer remains. IT might be muddled at the very end if gree tries to prolong it past the point of the spenders still spending in coherent teams.

truthteller
04-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Lol, sure they would. I think I just spotted a flying pig too. So you're saying that all those teams are actually attempting to keep up with sup currently? I think even Emporers will tell you that they are not.mtheyre just looking to stay ahead of third and get their wins and streaks in. That's a pipe dream you've had for years now that will never happen. You will never get all th teams to cooperate with that, and then if someone ( and yes many will ) takes advantage, and jumps ahead, then it's chaos. It would never work, even when we tried doing that with OSW, they still pushed the score because of their dislike for sup2. People will always act on their own agenda. It will remain as is until the day where the game no longer remains. IT might be muddled at the very end if gree tries to prolong it past the point of the spenders still spending in coherent teams.

Speed
the game has been on life support for a while now thanks to all the GREE-UPs by gree
so many has left the game
see the leaderboard
after 3 days, 4009 "factions" are listed
3,500 of them have under 500k points
409 factions are under 2.7m points
the rest are pretty much the same factions that are always in top 100
participation in this WD has been declining for a while and with even more crappy prizes, it will continue to do so

again, we should just enjoy what we can, when we want

I Will Merc You
04-27-2015, 11:14 AM
War rewards should not pale in comparison to other event rewards.

This is Modern War.

MW could possibly find itself without a customer base soon enough...who knows....but at the end of the day, when the milk dries up, it will be because GREE walked away from a perfectly good cow, and did so for what purpose....to entice more spending in FL?

HellRaizer
04-27-2015, 12:02 PM
What will the whales do when there are no fish to feed on?

NexusImperium
04-27-2015, 12:07 PM

This is an important point.

MW is having trouble because the freemium business model is much like a ponzi scheme, just not illegal.

It is highly dependent upon new blood, and MW made a big mistake a long time ago by making it pretty much impossible for new players to enter the game and be competitive.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-27-2015, 12:29 PM

I think you mean, SHARKS, as in GREAT WHITE SHARKS.

Speed ump
04-27-2015, 12:35 PM
All things come to and end at some point. Of that there has never been any doubt, the matter of when has had a lot of debate, and still remains to be seen. I can say for sure that time is closer today than it was yesterday,lol

Killer_Elite
04-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Unless they introduce Beat the Boss or make Raid Boss possible to play, then participation in the 'war' part of the game will decline as players do not have packs to use in a war, unless they pay money for them, which a lot will not do. A lot of players now only getting 7 or 8 shots in a war, therefore points required are declining.

Frontline is more useful than war because everyone can play with the 250 deploys, but it would be nice to have a weekend free of any event.

pgexp
04-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Why does gree ask for receipts for gold purchases from people that have multiple accounts when Google does show what account its for. I use the same e-mail address for all accounts. Then you have to fight with tech support to get you an answer.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Why does gree ask for receipts for gold purchases from people that have multiple accounts when Google does show what account its for. I use the same e-mail address for all accounts. Then you have to fight with tech support to get you an answer.

Delaying tactics can be useful to those wishing to cause a delay.

Big John
04-27-2015, 03:46 PM
All these "mistakes " must be intentional to drive people away.

They must be thinking why are some still sticking around.