PDA

View Full Version : WD start date

Big John
04-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Does WD start tomorrow Apr 2nd or Friday Apr 3rd?

Gileas
04-01-2015, 04:39 PM
I would refer you to the torture gree puts the English language through, and their amazing facility ignoring numbers having agreed meaning in a mathematical setting except when they reserve the right to have them not do that instead, (in which case it could be anything between zero and infinity) before answering this question with the natural response:
"There is awareness of the question and addressing it is being planned. Thank you!"
Gil - who got an infraction today, apparently for using the word screw, as in, "to fornicate," when referring to MW, not the nail with the spiral groves.

Relic
04-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Does WD start tomorrow Apr 2nd or Friday Apr 3rd?

Hi,

It starts on the 3rd. :)

I would refer you to the torture gree puts the English language through, and their amazing facility ignoring numbers having agreed meaning in a mathematical setting except when they reserve the right to have them not do that instead, (in which case it could be anything between zero and infinity) before answering this question with the natural response:
"There is awareness of the question and addressing it is being planned. Thank you!"
Gil - who got an infraction today, apparently for using the word screw, as in, "to fornicate," when referring to MW, not the nail with the spiral groves.

That's not why you received that infraction. If you have an issue with how one of your posts is moderated, it is to be addressed in a PM and not publicly. Thanks

YankeePhil
04-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Does WD start tomorrow Apr 2nd or Friday Apr 3rd?. I don't understand how so many people can ask this question, WD is the only event in Modern War that you actually know when it starts. If you click on the globe, at the top of the list there is a sign that says Campaign Begins with a countdown timer. Look at that and then you know when war starts.

Yahoo
04-01-2015, 06:49 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS �� Community manager says April 3rd ! The globe says it starts in 16h13min !! �� that is April 2nd on my calendar ! So what is it ❓❓❓ We need to know ASAP.

ezmunie
04-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Hi,

That's not what the world of events says. Says it starts on the 2nd. Gree just changed it with a new data push.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-01-2015, 07:52 PM
According to the globe on several devices that have all received the DATA PUSH, the globe still reveals the start date as 03 APRIL, or 15 hours and 07 minutes!!!

ezmunie
04-01-2015, 08:29 PM
LOL

World Domination! Campaign Begins: 14h:32:39s

New Zealand Nightmare Event Runs Apr 02 - Apr 06

Says nothing about Apr 03 being the start date.

Preacher Wolf
04-01-2015, 09:02 PM
LOL

World Domination! Campaign Begins: 14h:32:39s

New Zealand Nightmare Event Runs Apr 02 - Apr 06

Says nothing about Apr 03 being the start date.

Why does any of this surprise you? Relic said it starts on the 3rd so i am taking his word on it. I am sure if relic told us wrong he would tell us as soon as he knows.

East Coast Bias
04-01-2015, 09:45 PM
You guys crack me up. You should actually be asking Speed Ump when WD is starting.

Cuombajj
04-01-2015, 10:59 PM
The start date depends on your time zone geez.... Check the freaking clock in the globe and do your calculations if it's not too brain taxing...

t12pm
04-02-2015, 12:21 AM
The start date depends on your time zone geez.... Check the freaking clock in the globe and do your calculations if it's not too brain taxing...

Which puts it at ready for this???? Thursday April 2nd at 2pm est. where as relic posted above Friday the third so the calculations are wrong because the time is wrong or relic is wrong so we really don't know

Big John
04-02-2015, 01:03 AM
I do know how to read the globe, says Apr 2 on mine last time I checked hence the question.

mbrix
04-02-2015, 02:36 AM
Hi,

If it starts on the 3rd, could you please update the Globe accordingly?

Vegaman
04-02-2015, 04:40 AM
Who cares when it starts, i'm having a great Easter with my family and friends.. No cash from me GREE this weekend. Bad move to do it Easter...
I am not tappin with sticky chocolate egg fingers lol.

WBS
04-02-2015, 07:33 AM
My globe says WD starts in 4 hours and 45 minutes or so

Big John
04-02-2015, 07:41 AM
Suppose we will find out when clock runs down, some way to run a business.

WBS
04-02-2015, 07:46 AM
I guess, it's definitely a grees business practice.

Paisthecoolest
04-02-2015, 08:13 AM
If the war starts early, does that mean Gree gets a long weekend?

HGF69
04-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Another example of incompetence

Vile Lynn
04-02-2015, 11:02 AM
War has begun!

Allday
04-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Hi,

Great job!!! So glad I didn't believe you.

Big John
04-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Double facepalm.

Tony81
04-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Hi,

That's not why you received that infraction. If you have an issue with how one of your posts is moderated, it is to be addressed in a PM and not publicly. Thanks

^ clueless

gwill
04-02-2015, 11:05 AM
I
Hi,

Guess you lied.

Talahaski
04-02-2015, 11:06 AM
War is showing up, thought we was told it was mistake and starts on 3rd.

Modern War Forum GF
04-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Wonder how Many players got locked now helping friends out last minute during RB..

Guess Relic Will fix them up (not with a spot back home) but with a big genuine SORRY

Allday
04-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Wonder how Many players got locked now helping friends out last minute during RB..

Guess Relic Will fix them up (not with a spot back home) but with a big genuine SORRY
All he will do is not show up in the forum for a few days. That's about it

His mistake I'm sure caused people to be locked out of their factions.

Vile Lynn
It's not that Relic lied or didn't know, but the team has communication issues.

Relic can only tell us what they say and sometimes the developers don't know what the coders are doing and the coders don't know what the developers want, and Relic doesn't play MW, so it's everybody's and nobody's fault at GREE that the players can't get correct info... something like that.

I won't kill the messenger.

Loli-PoP
Rejoice, but I'm pretty sure gold should go on sale tomorrow on regular start time? I'm not buying anoither volt until they give good sale again, i'm out of packets raising stats with rb...

Talahaski
One screwup after another. Not blaming any individual, blaming the company and managers for allowing the constant issues and not correcting the business structure, organization, and internal communication across teams

Vegaman
04-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Hi,

Hmmm bad case of mis communication, can we take anything as gospel anymore ??

pick_sax
04-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Relic,

really. clueless much?

never mind, i guess it's the 3rd somewhere.

Hi,

Vile Lynn
04-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Now, do I declare war and hope my health is full for battle or wait for it to regen after I killed my last RB a few mins ago? :confused:

Is war health the same as RB health?
Free players should know these things.

yupyup
04-02-2015, 11:14 AM
It's the same.
I'm empty at start war.........

Allday
04-02-2015, 11:15 AM
It's not that Relic lied or didn't know, but the team has communication issues.

Relic can only tell us what they say and sometimes the developers don't know what the coders are doing and the coders don't know what the developers want, and Relic doesn't play MW, so it's everybody's and nobody's fault at GREE that the players can't get correct info... something like that.

I won't kill the messenger.
But before he speaks out about something he doesn't know about maybe he should go ask

If he doesn't know or have the power to find out what's going on in MW, then why is he here?

Vile Lynn
04-02-2015, 11:18 AM
It's the same.
I'm empty at start war.........

Thanks for the confirmation! I had a feeling it would be the same.

Bummer for all of those players locked into factions other than their home faction.
lol, sure wish I was helping SUP farm RBs and got locked in there! JK ;)

aBigDek
04-02-2015, 11:18 AM
He probably did ask...which only makes it worse. Now relic knows how we feel to get crap intel from Gree constantly

Relic
04-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Hey gang, sorry for the misinformation.

I addressed the confusion here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?114187-Great-info-relic!&p=1492915&posted=1#post1492915

Modern War Forum GF
04-02-2015, 11:30 AM

I addressed the confusion here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?114187-Great-info-relic!&p=1492915&posted=1#post1492915

GREE changes dates 2 days before WD should start, So players ask a mod to clear confusion, they get misinformed.. And thats IT?

Sigg
04-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Hi,

Hi, so, no.

Allday
04-02-2015, 11:33 AM
GREE changes dates 2 days before WD should start, So players ask a mod to clear confusion, they get misinformed.. And thats IT?
Actually he was told the dates changed in the game and rather then find out if something changed, he referred to his calender that he received awhile back.

The misinformation is on him, all he had to do was go ask someone instead of referring to the calender.

Vile Lynn
04-02-2015, 11:35 AM
But before he speaks out about something he doesn't know about maybe he should go ask

If he doesn't know or have the power to find out what's going on in MW, then why is he here?

Relic did ask, and I believe somebody on the "MW team" told him that war would begin on the 3rd.

My point was: Relic can only tell us what they tell him.
Relic, as our liaison, will take all of the abuse for posting bad info, but he shouldn't have to since he's only the messenger.

It would be great if we had a dedicated MW developer posting on the MW forum like K&D has! Pisses me off a bit that we don't and we're mushrooms... in the dark, fed crap, etc... At least we have a player moderator that actually plays MW, unlike KA & CC. But, I haven't seen him around lately; I haven't looked for him, either.

But really, we should all know not to trust anything GREE ever does, from timed events to working servers.
Have to go with the GREE-flow.

Talahaski
04-02-2015, 11:37 AM
The topic is not address.

What do we do about our faction mates who are locked out because they were helping other teams with rb and assumed we were not warring until tomorrow based on your information.

What do we do about the loss of health and full war behind because we need to wait to regen because our whole team was farming bosses which uses the same health. A health pack for each our members is in order.

What do we do about our faction mates who are not logging in to war right now because they were told war did not start until tomorrow and now we are going to get a lot less points and can only hope all our teammates login as soon as possible to realize the mistake and hopefully they did not make other plans.

I'm being civil, but this is going to really hurt my factions rating and my members who are locked out.

Edbl79
04-02-2015, 11:38 AM
What a joke. Misinformation and screwups at every turn. Can anything be done right?

Vile Lynn
04-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Relic, ask if there is any way to open factions until tomorrow when war was scheduled in the game.

Getting players back into their proper factions might help make this fail more tolerable. :)

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-02-2015, 11:48 AM
What a joke. Misinformation and screwups at every turn. Can anything be done right?

I see one thing they all DEW well. DEW you see it, too? LOL

Paisthecoolest
04-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Relic, ask if there is any way to open factions until tomorrow when war was scheduled in the game.

Getting players back into their proper factions might help make this fail more tolerable. :)

That seems like a reasonable solution to a colossal mistake.

Brown Out
04-02-2015, 12:00 PM
No problems here. Everyone in my faction was back in before WD started. We went by the game clock just incase the info posted on here was wrong.
If you got locked out tough luck, your fault. Maybe you'll be more careful next time.

smbass77
04-02-2015, 12:02 PM
No problems here. Everyone in my faction was back in before WD started. We went by the game clock just incase the info posted on here was wrong.
If you got locked out tough luck, your fault. Maybe you'll be more careful next time.

Exactly!!!

Opening up factions during WDE opens up the ability for players to help other factions and compromise the integrity of the event (if integrity can still be used for this game)

On a side note, +1 Energy is now a Top 10 division prize instead of Top 25. Gree wants us to spend more money on a game that never seems to function properly ha.

Vile Lynn
04-02-2015, 12:07 PM
All of my faction mates are home, too. I was thinking of others.
(Actually, I'd prefer it if factions were locked for RB.)

Has anybody tried moving? Maybe GREE forgot to lock 'em.

Vile Lynn
04-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Opening up factions during WDE opens up the ability for players to help other factions and compromise the integrity of the event (if integrity can still be used for this game)

If GREE wanted to, they can code it for a 1x move. No "integrity" would be "compromised."

Agent Orange
04-02-2015, 12:22 PM

Perhaps address it here with some compensation for factions that believed the misinformation and had members locked out.

Also the other problem I forsee, will the timer actually count down to a 4 day WD or will it shut things down at the end of day 3 as normal? The reason I suspect that this will get messed up is because this very thing has happened in the past.

goblue21
04-02-2015, 12:26 PM
What a Joke Gree is! Even the employees don't know when the events start. Way to factions by misleading them.

Merc_mw
04-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Looks like the globe countdown was right...
And I should have refreshed safari and seen the page and a half of discussion.

��

Wildblue
04-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Hi,

Well, so much for that official info. Today's the 2nd and WD just started.

Talahaski
04-02-2015, 01:28 PM
No answer about people locked out?

Ozymandias
04-02-2015, 01:41 PM
Are you sure people are really locked out..? You could actually move last war.

WBS
04-02-2015, 01:41 PM
Proof positive to never trust gree again. There incompetence is astounding!

Somebody
04-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Hi,

False information again? Does that ever stop?

Jg48
04-02-2015, 02:17 PM
The only time a mod posts anything on this forum is when someone uses bad language. I'm glad I pulled the plug on the spending. Have had it with the constant mistakes by gree and the constant answer by gree and it's mods sorry it's working as intended. So go ahead and ban me from forum.

2000y2k
04-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Y
The only time a mod posts anything on this forum is when someone uses bad language. I'm glad I pulled the plug on the spending. Have had it with the constant mistakes by gree and the constant answer by gree and it's mods sorry it's working as intended. So go ahead and ban me from forum.

Thanks for
The update.

Wildblue
04-02-2015, 02:24 PM
This is a "New Zealand Nightmare" indeed. How appropriate to describe this whole WD cycle

Agent Orange
04-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Are you sure people are really locked out..? You could actually move last war.

You could leave or be removed from a faction but once out you could not rejoin.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Perhaps address it here with some compensation for factions that believed the misinformation and had members locked out.

Also the other problem I forsee, will the timer actually count down to a 4 day WD or will it shut things down at the end of day 3 as normal? The reason I suspect that this will get messed up is because this very thing has happened in the past.

Hmm, and day 3 would just happen to be SUNDAY, Easter Sunday. my, my, my, que sera sera; or close the faction baby. LOL

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-02-2015, 02:57 PM

You make several valid points and did it with precision and brevity.

corey0025
04-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Had all my guys back home before war started, we've all played this game before..when can we ever trust what is said, posted her or pops up in game. It's not like anything is set in stone, so why wouldn't ppl have been back home, just in case this happened.

Ozymandias
04-02-2015, 11:06 PM
You could leave or be removed from a faction but once out you could not rejoin.

Thats how its meant to be, but as I say last war we had someone leave our faction half way through and join another one

Brown Out
04-03-2015, 05:13 PM
(Actually, I'd prefer it if factions were locked for RB.)

My sentiments exactly.

Rolinz
04-03-2015, 06:41 PM

The problem here is the person who gave the info to Relic should get some kind of infraction or should be noted not to trust info from that person again. The calendar provided to Relic was incorrect. No wonder why they make so many mistakes. The people who should know this stuff is also clueless or incompetent or just lazy to verify the information.

Gree Mistake # 345848.

Robespierre
04-03-2015, 10:01 PM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/54XK5/you-poor-bastard/image.jpg?w=552&c=1

I have always known that the incompetent typically have their enablers, and relic is here to fall on the sword for the nameless and faceless ineptitude he is forced to defend and explain on a daily, if not hourly basis.

Poor bastard, and you have my deepest sympathies. Hope you get paid well.