PDA

View Full Version : Question for the mods...really for the designers

TheWarthog
03-31-2015, 01:49 PM
With defense lagging so far behind attack, are there any plans to try to bridge the gap between the two, or honestly is this the plan to "level the playing field" between long time users and noobs, amking it easier for new players to catch up with veterans?

Why I'm asking-I've been working the elite levels of the eb with my biggest mini partially because he can kill the 100s without gold, but also because I noticed one level offered what appeared to be a pretty strong defense mod. Thinking "that'll help catch me up" I noted what the stats increase was before I took that goal down and what it was after, and the attack stats increase was still significantly higher than the defense even with the mods. In battle I shot for a placing that would give me a defense increase as well. Is this just life in CC now, all attack and no defense or will there be a correction at some point? Maybe offer some defense buildings that offer real stats increase (even the watch tower doesn't do much.

fyi, I'm asking politely. Not intending to sound like I'm complaining. I just want to adjust my strategy accordingly.

Dipstik
03-31-2015, 01:54 PM
They've got to be very careful about defense mods or else the game turns into a bunch of fortresses unable to attack each other. Attack stats will always be easier to get.

Relic
03-31-2015, 02:00 PM
With defense lagging so far behind attack, are there any plans to try to bridge the gap between the two, or honestly is this the plan to "level the playing field" between long time users and noobs, amking it easier for new players to catch up with veterans?

Why I'm asking-I've been working the elite levels of the eb with my biggest mini partially because he can kill the 100s without gold, but also because I noticed one level offered what appeared to be a pretty strong defense mod. Thinking "that'll help catch me up" I noted what the stats increase was before I took that goal down and what it was after, and the attack stats increase was still significantly higher than the defense even with the mods. In battle I shot for a placing that would give me a defense increase as well. Is this just life in CC now, all attack and no defense or will there be a correction at some point? Maybe offer some defense buildings that offer real stats increase (even the watch tower doesn't do much.

fyi, I'm asking politely. Not intending to sound like I'm complaining. I just want to adjust my strategy accordingly.

I just asked about this. When I get an answer I'll forward it on to you. :)

You definitely asked politely, and it's very much appreciated!

Vile Lynn
03-31-2015, 02:33 PM
They've got to be very careful about defense mods or else the game turns into a bunch of fortresses unable to attack each other. Attack stats will always be easier to get.

I can live with this answer; it's an incontinent truth.
Def is useless as there is always somebody stronger in order to keep the game running.

TheWarthog
03-31-2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks Relic. I just don't want to chase defense mods if they're not going to amount to much.

1Shot
03-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Only way I see is going for indy def mods in war/sa.

TheWarthog
03-31-2015, 02:45 PM
I get what you're saying Dippy. And that may be the answer. I would like to bring my attack and defense that's closer together, but if I'm working on defense while everybody else is working on attac, it won't work out well in the long run.

TheWarthog
03-31-2015, 02:48 PM
That's what I did last war 1 shot, but I think the attack mods have so sufficiently outpaced defense that even getting defense mods, the weapons gained adds more overall stats to attack. It'd take some long term commitment to picking up defense mods to even them out. In the mean time I'd be neglecting attack and shooting myself in the foot.

Relic
03-31-2015, 02:58 PM
The team said that that your feedback is noted and they will consider more defense mods to help with balancing. Also, when players have a higher number for attack, when they get an attack bonus reward the percent increase will effect the higher number more substantially if the percent for both attack and defense mods are the same.

Hope that helps!

Evan1000
03-31-2015, 03:09 PM
I like attack mods, let's get some more attack mods

Demolisher VFF Rebels
03-31-2015, 03:32 PM
Hi Relic can you confirm there is or isn't a Street Assault event this weekend in the middle of Raid Boss as there's one showing on the globe . Even though we had one last weekend that was never on the globe as an event and ended up as a surprise event wasn't sure was the globe right or wrong ?

TheWarthog
03-31-2015, 03:34 PM
Thanks Relic. I appreciate your passing it on.

Evan1000
03-31-2015, 03:34 PM
Hi Relic can you confirm there is or isn't a Street Assault event this weekend in the middle of Raid Boss as there's one showing on the globe . Even though we had one last weekend that was never on the globe as an event and ended up as a surprise event wasn't sure was the globe right or wrong ?

It was on the globe, but we didn't know it was an SA

There was no surprise event, both were scheduled

Sandukan
03-31-2015, 03:37 PM
It's not so much the attack mods as the mafia attack and mafia defense mods. We all get mafia attack for a bunch of events but mafia defense are few and far between.
They could change every mod in the next war to defense mods and your defense would still not catch up to attack until our mafia defense catches up.

cooch
03-31-2015, 04:22 PM
Def mods are really needed in Wars. I would assume that those "temp bonuses" in our profile have a purpose. So have whatever event ends before war, or an event during war, produce a temp mafia def mod as part of rewards, good for the duration of the war.

Games don't do as well when players chase after strong defenses because they don't like being attacked or robbed. The majority of players like to attack. I wonder if Gree even sees a dip in gold sales when top prizes are def mods in non war events.

John_Locke
03-31-2015, 05:16 PM
Def is useless as there is always somebody stronger in order to keep the game running.

Quoted for the "incontinent truth".

Vile Lynn
03-31-2015, 05:50 PM
lol! Thanks for catching that!

hexie
04-01-2015, 01:09 AM

Oh my :eek:

That kind of truth is going to get very messy. More so than the inconvenient kind! :D

I just asked about this. When I get an answer I'll forward it on to you. :)

I can actually answer that one with some help:

No, we have answered this a few times. It has always been this way (uneven), and always will be this way. Attack is more common because if we bump defense up too much, it decreases the playerbase's ability to find targets. If people can't find enough people that they can potentially win against, they quit playing out of frustration since this is a pvp game. It's that simple. So defense remains rare (and valuable).

Now who would like to theorize on how "valuable" Defense is when the "rare" i.e sporadic occurrences of x% explosive, melee, gun etc defense mods are immediately counteracted against (and then some) by the plethora of mafia attack wrapper prizes or freebies issued to everyone at Christmas / Player Appreciation month / whatever?

In my opinion, "rare" has become pointless.

Nighteg
04-01-2015, 03:37 AM
This thread makes me so sad. People have been asking for some diversity in mods for years. Anything, other than atk or def mods. And here i see people thanking gree for defense mods. Seriously, wth is wrong with you? There's nothing more useless than a defense mod. Except maybe a defense building.

TheWarthog
04-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Who thanked gree for any mod? I thanked Relic for passing on information (that will likely be taken as seriously as the feedback from the "feedback threads), but that was it. As far as the "diversity in mods" goes, that "diversity" has pretty consistently been attack and defense, heavy on the attack, light on the defense. To the point that defense stats themselves are pretty much useless since most people who have accounts older than this most recent EB event have double the attack stats as their defense, meaning that they can successfully attack a person at a much higher level/attack level as themselves and likewise be beaten by someone with much lower level/attack level of themselves. So if all we are going to get are attack/defense mods, why not hope for something different that would narrow the rivals field a bit rather than more attack mods which will further separate the two sets of stats and exacerbate the problem?

Vile Lynn
04-01-2015, 10:13 AM
This thread makes me so sad. People have been asking for some diversity in mods for years. Anything, other than atk or def mods. And here i see people thanking gree for defense mods. Seriously, wth is wrong with you? There's nothing more useless than a defense mod. Except maybe a defense building.

Don't worry, you'll get some mod-versity.
CC will get temporary mods like MW & KA.
They already have our profiles set up for temporary bonuses.

Hopefully, they'll make temp mods available to all active players, like MW, instead of just gold (gem) spenders, like KA.

Winnson
04-01-2015, 11:23 AM
No targets no game.

See?

Vile Lynn
04-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Don't worry, you'll get some mod-versity.
CC will get temporary mods like MW & KA.
They already have our profiles set up for temporary bonuses.

Hopefully, they'll make temp mods available to all active players, like MW, instead of just gold (gem) spenders, like KA.

I take back what I said about temp mods coming to CC. I have doubts now...

For some reason, the temp mods have been removed from tHe current MW cycle without an announcement or any info from GREE.

It's a bummer since I enjoyed free-tapping to get the cycle-specific temp mods in MW. Now there is no point to do the events, especially after the MW EB stat explosion. Same issue in CC: after that last EB, reward units are useless.