PDA

View Full Version : Insight and tips from senior members

!Radar
03-31-2015, 10:37 AM
I recently sent an email to gree asking about the speed goal item from the last ltq. I finished the ltq, received the items but the modifiers don't stack. I also mentioned in my email that the accomplice thing hasn't been straightened up yet and mentioned that the epic boss was a little to much. They suggested asking you guys for "insight and tips". Do you guys have any insight or tips on how to make the stacking items that don't stack...stack? Are you guys withholding info on accomplices? As I'm typing this I realize what the sender of the email has done! They are going to make you guys tell me that they don't give a crap about me or my money instead of doing it them selves. So, I guess it's time to ride the refund train and then be a "server space taker upper" Thanks for reading, if anyone made it this far.

Sandukan
03-31-2015, 10:42 AM
Items didn't stack.
They can make them stack retroactively.
They did it with the daily goal items from last war.
They won't make them stack anyway.
Something about trying to curb stat inflation.

Accomplices are still in your inventory.
They didn't take them away.
Consider them like weapons you got last week that are obsolete.

The short version is get a new account until it is obsolete.
Rinse.
Repeat.

Dipstik
03-31-2015, 10:50 AM
How many henchmen do you have?

!Radar
03-31-2015, 10:55 AM
How many henchmen do you have?

534. I was hoping they would help more after I broke the 500 mark.

Dipstik
03-31-2015, 10:59 AM
Those are probably just ordinary mafia members. Henchmen are special.

!Radar
03-31-2015, 11:07 AM
Ha. There was actually a henchman reference when I first started typing. I took it out prior to posting. I wasn't around for the henchman era and it seems to lose its comedic effect when the newbies do it.

TheJess
03-31-2015, 11:08 AM
Don't feed the troll.... Regarding your question, you got stuck in the undisclosed non-stacking trap. You spent real $$ to get the prize but we're not awarded what you were entitled to.

Edit:
Apparenltly someone gets in and edits out possible avenues of recourse, such as previously were in my post. So, sorry I'm unable to assist you in this forum, but you might seek advice in chat apps.

Sandukan
03-31-2015, 11:13 AM
The "henchman era" contributed to the decline of this forum.
Before that individuals actually helped each other improve their game.

There are some on this forum that decided they either didn't want to be helpful or that it didn't matter.

Vile Lynn
03-31-2015, 11:25 AM
They suggested asking you guys for "insight and tips".

They tell me that, too. :rolleyes:

It's GREE's way of nicely saying that they can't or won't help you.
Sierra Oscar Lima

Welcome to the forum!
And, welcome to the Server Spece Taker-Upper Club! :D

Evan1000
03-31-2015, 03:21 PM
Stat inflation is bs. You should check out my thread:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?103327-quot-Stat-Inflation-quot

Relic
03-31-2015, 03:23 PM
They tell me that, too. :rolleyes:

It's GREE's way of nicely saying that they can't or won't help you.
Sierra Oscar Lima

Welcome to the forum!
And, welcome to the Server Spece Taker-Upper Club! :D

I have to please ask that offensive anagrams not be used on the forum. Yes, I know that Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is shortened to WTF and it's fine to use the anagram in place of using the full LTQ's name while it runs.

Sierra Oscar Lima shouldn't be used in this way.

Thank you.

MK Loves You
03-31-2015, 05:18 PM
I have to please ask that offensive anagrams not be used on the forum. Yes, I know that Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is shortened to WTF and it's fine to use the anagram in place of using the full LTQ's name while it runs.

Thank you.

How do you know that's how she intended to use it? It could mean a million different things. It's not her fault how you or anyone else interprets it. Thus, no rules were broken.
EDIT: Not trying to be rude, just stating my two cents (which is worth ten cents)

#Lawyered

Relic
03-31-2015, 05:20 PM
How do you know that's how she intended to use it? It could mean a million different things. It's not her fault how you or anyone else interprets it. Thus, no rules were broken.

#Lawyered

It's also in the Code of Conduct not to tell staff how to moderate.

Back on topic please.

John_Locke
03-31-2015, 05:23 PM

Thank you.

Does this mean we can't refer to the items "*****in' ride" or the "gold digging hoe'? Or as is the case with Whisky Tango Foxtrot, is it only ok when Gree does it?

Foxtrot Mayday Lemur.

Edit: ok, so apparently we have to refer to a certain item as the "B!tchin ride".

Sandukan
03-31-2015, 05:28 PM
Please stop distracting Relic so he can continue providing us with information about the game that may or may not be accurate.

Vile Lynn
03-31-2015, 05:43 PM

Thank you.

Ok, Relic. Thanks for the clarity. :)

(no sarcasm)

AZZ.
03-31-2015, 07:09 PM
Lmb

Extras

BrisingrBoss
03-31-2015, 07:22 PM
I guess I missed out on the meaning of that anagram, and how is that offensive in any way. So you are out of luck... How is that offensive?

Red BD
03-31-2015, 07:33 PM

Thank you.
With all due respect, when you ASSUME... Well, y'all know.

TheJess
03-31-2015, 07:36 PM
How could a game company NOT expect off-color anagrams, when it itself uses off-colored anagrams in naming,events?
Surely the use of the W T F anagram in game was intended to inspire such discussion.

Red BD
03-31-2015, 07:38 PM
It's also in the Code of Conduct not to tell staff how to moderate.

Back on topic please.

Hey guys, I'm starting to thinkDad is really mad at us!!!!

cool1
04-01-2015, 03:26 AM
Omg let's be real here.... This is a game based on what? Hells bells I'm so sick of how gree MoDerates this forum. You choose a anagram that spells w t f and shame someone for saying sol

Max Power
04-01-2015, 06:54 AM
Seriously, you name an event WTF and don't expect to see this? Good lord.

And it is initialism, not anagrams.

Winnson
04-01-2015, 07:08 AM
So much irony.

Dipstik
04-01-2015, 07:32 AM
It's not really irony... hypocrisy maybe...

!Radar
04-01-2015, 08:22 AM
I got an infraction point last week for not spelling words, I used the first letters of the words and filled the rest with asterisks. How many of those points can you rack up before you need to start a new account?

Winnson
04-01-2015, 08:37 AM
It's not really irony... hypocrisy maybe...

How about the part where they ask him to take to the forums and when people try to help him out, their posts are edited?

That's pretty darn ironic.

TheWarthog
04-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Fascinating. Lemme see if I understand. Designers and techies are telling you to come to the forums for an explanation on things that they have been unable to adequately explain or justify…and they designed the things we are to explain?

Ozymandias
04-01-2015, 09:47 AM

See Gruck for more information

Winnson
04-01-2015, 10:51 AM
3 dots, 3 dashes, 3 dots

Stop

Dipstik
04-01-2015, 11:31 AM
It just occurred to me... do people often get referred to the forum to ask "senior members" for advice? Is this why I keep getting PMs asking me dumb questions?

!Radar
04-01-2015, 11:36 AM
It just occurred to me... do people often get referred to the forum to ask "senior members" for advice? Is this why I keep getting PMs asking me dumb questions?

Probably, Vile said they tell her the same thing.

Dipstik
04-01-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm going to start paying a lot more attention to those questions now that I understand the context. Good to know! :)

Relic
04-01-2015, 11:47 AM

I stand corrected on calling them anagrams. The term I was looking for was "acronym."

I explained why WTF is acceptable during the LTQ event and why other acronyms are not.

Can we get back on topic, or should I close the thread? You guys have control over whether or not it's closed by your next few posts....

Vile Lynn
04-01-2015, 12:01 PM

Yeah, the auto-reply tells players to check out the in-game FAQs & the forums.

"Many senior members of our forums have been playing our games for quite some time. Their insights, tips, and "how-to's" can be extremely helpful." -GREE CS

Funny. I actually come here to get info, not give it.
Not sure why I am still doing the same thing expecting different results... hmm... oh well, happy gaming! :D

Winnson
04-01-2015, 12:18 PM

I asked you if you were really this arrogant once through PM, but only because I'm a huge fan.

Thank you for replying.

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-27466-0-06261700-1402543341.png

Relic
04-01-2015, 01:10 PM
I see you wanted the thread locked then. Locked it is.

Also - all off-topic posts after my request to return to the thread topic have been deleted.