PDA

View Full Version : Gauss Cannon Boost works?

bobthebuilder654
03-30-2015, 03:44 PM
I noticed today that my attack shown in my profile on droid is higher than what it is actually in pvp. An ios teammate showed me my stats that they saw and it had the same attack that was registered in pvp. This got me thinking that maybe the defense shown on android is also wrong and the actual defense in pvp includes the gauss cannon boost. Is the gauss cannon boost working now?

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-30-2015, 04:22 PM
Hard to say, and answers are rare. You do ask a great question. Let's hope an answer is forthcoming about all those GOLD BOOST BUILDINGS and what they really do.

sbs2716g
03-30-2015, 06:30 PM
The cannon did work. I hit a guy n note his def , then hit 3 times the cannon to take out the boost n then hit him again. His def go down

Rolinz
03-30-2015, 07:09 PM
The cannon did work. I hit a guy n note his def , then hit 3 times the cannon to take out the boost n then hit him again. His def go down

It did go down but what it started off with is very different from what he sees as his defense stats.

GREE has always avoided this problem and never acknowledge it anywhere in the forums.

No one has any explanations and we are left to guess and speculate.

Add this to the many list of things wrong or not "working as intended", unless they intended to defraud us by selling boosts buildings that do not work. It is called a BAIT & SWITCH!!!

good gawd noooo
03-30-2015, 07:57 PM
I am also noticings some major errors as far as players defense posted(I am droid) and then when I atk even today I attacks someone that showed he had 297b defense my atk is over 400b so figured safe win.. W R O N G I pvp attacked him and his defense for attacks showed 430b.. this is serious problem if his defense is that high yet shows its less then half that. I attacked him 3 times as I simply couldn't believe it.. then hit his composite factory then finished by hitting him in pvp won the rest.. but displays are WAY WAY WAY off.. but chances are that yes the guas cannons now work.. but they don't display for android.. not a fact just the way it looks would love a mod to confirm this and to tell us they are working on display correction

sbs2716g
03-30-2015, 10:07 PM
I am also noticings some major errors as far as players defense posted(I am droid) and then when I atk even today I attacks someone that showed he had 297b defense my atk is over 400b so figured safe win.. W R O N G I pvp attacked him and his defense for attacks showed 430b.. this is serious problem if his defense is that high yet shows its less then half that. I attacked him 3 times as I simply couldn't believe it.. then hit his composite factory then finished by hitting him in pvp won the rest.. but displays are WAY WAY WAY off.. but chances are that yes the guas cannons now work.. but they don't display for android.. not a fact just the way it looks would love a mod to confirm this and to tell us they are working on display correction

android profile is wrong.
i attacked a buddy.. profile is 813 billion defense.. defense during raid is 1.7T, defense during attack is 2.3T.... so there is something wrong somewhere

J1mcrane
03-31-2015, 04:40 AM
They are working on a display correction, thanks for you money and patience.

kmg108
03-31-2015, 06:12 AM
Is the gauss cannon boost working now?

They have a typo in the name of the item. They meant to call it the "guess cannon" instead of "gauss cannon". That keeps us guessing what was paid for...and if it is actually doing what was advertised.

Veccster
03-31-2015, 06:29 AM
The canons seem to work. I'm on Droid and my profile view is 400B defense. IOS mate in my faction shows me as 800B.

I often attack people and ask them to return attack then post my stats. They are all around 800B.

There is some discrepancy in what is posted because everyone has different opponent boosts (alliance reduction, etc).

So....I think the only thing that is broken is Droid display of def stats when looking at profile screen. During an actual attack, it seems correct.

samtex666
04-01-2015, 01:03 AM
so many threads about this stats problem and 0 answers from Gree...

Gileas
04-01-2015, 01:44 AM
Don't get distracted by the android element to this, it is cross platform. Since GREE won't speak about this, I will explain what I believe, what I've seen, and heard from people who have an amazing ability to "predict," GREE releases beforehand. Like a beta tester might.
The gauss cannon was originally claimed to have been a release error - players were only supposed to be able to buy one. GREE thought about removing them but instead left them in the game, because the code for them was buggy. The original gauss cannon glitch would show the account owner the stat increase from the canon upgrades, both displayed as a % boost as well as a Defense stat boost. However, this wasn't an actual boost. It just looked like it. Get someone to hit you. Have them first look at your stats. They might see "Defense 100,000,000" but if they hit a building or you, and view raid results, depending on how many times you've upgraded the gauss cannon (or both) the true Defense stat they will see in the view results page is anywhere from around 75,000,000 to slightly under 1/2 of that initial 100,000,000 Defense. So you need to have your stats checked going into the WD event. And GREE hasnt - to my understanding - (ive asked directly here and in tickets) even admitted that this is what is happening. But it is externally verifiable. And if they fixed the gauss bug they would surely announce it, it's so rare they do that sort of thing. So I 1) am not upgrading my gauss, 2) am asking once every few days for a statement which has been ignored so far. 3) upgrading the other boost buildings, 4) farming the boss. Oh and I reported my GREE charges to my credit card, since apple now told me they won't refund anymore GREE purchases on my account. And so I moved to apple is not acting in good faith. So far, so good. I hope some of this helps. Finally - stop buying gold for Christs sake.
Gil

Gileas
04-01-2015, 01:48 AM
The canons seem to work. I'm on Droid and my profile view is 400B defense. IOS mate in my faction shows me as 800B.

I often attack people and ask them to return attack then post my stats. They are all around 800B.

There is some discrepancy in what is posted because everyone has different opponent boosts (alliance reduction, etc).

So....I think the only thing that is broken is Droid display of def stats when looking at profile screen. During an actual attack, it seems correct.

I keep getting quite the opposite. Stats half of what they appear. Cannon taken out doesn't seem to actually lower what they see when reporting. I'm on iOS however, perhaps it is different for android. I've been asking others and they report it on android too. When did you notice this "cannon fix" - or did you never see the problem? If it's in last few hrs maybe they patched it and I didn't notice? That would be amazing.

bobthebuilder654
04-01-2015, 07:22 AM
I asked someone to attack me and my defense is higher than what I see on droid but lower than what I see on ios. The player explained to me that the cannon actually does work and does raise your stats but this isnt shown in droid.Also defense in ios is higher than ur actual defense because alliance defense bonus is factored in those stats with the cannon. The cannon works but alliance defense doesnt which is why ios shows higher defense than your actual defense

I keep getting quite the opposite. Stats half of what they appear. Cannon taken out doesn't seem to actually lower what they see when reporting. I'm on iOS however, perhaps it is different for android. I've been asking others and they report it on android too. When did you notice this "cannon fix" - or did you never see the problem? If it's in last few hrs maybe they patched it and I didn't notice? That would be amazing.

Relic
04-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Hey there everyone,

Thanks to Gileas for bringing this to my attention!

I looked into this for you and the boost issue with the Guass Cannon has been addressed and it will be fixed in an upcoming game update.

I appreciate very much that this thread stayed constructive. Thank you.

Ante Up
04-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Thank you Relic for the reply.

Any idea when we can expect the update to resolve this?

Relic
04-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Thank you Relic for the reply.

Any idea when we can expect the update to resolve this?

I don't have an ETA yet, but if I get one I'll let you guys know. :)

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-06-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't have an ETA yet, but if I get one I'll let you guys know. :)

All of the new gold boost buildings aren't performing the way the should be.
It isn't just the "gauss cannon" that is under-performing, or nonperforming.
All of those new, gold boost buildings have issues (infantry, air, ground, sea, unit, & gauss).
It might be a good idea if you had someone from the development staff investigate them, test them, and fix them.
Thank you.

PollekeW
04-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Nah, they are too busy dewin nuttin

Gileas
05-11-2015, 11:08 PM
It got fixed. Thanks Relic for pushing it up the chain. The weird part is the part where it got fixed, but that just confuses me, but in a good way this time.