PDA

View Full Version : GREE hires a VP of Revenue

candii
03-30-2015, 12:08 AM
Just this month, GREE put out a press release announcing that they hired a "VP of revenue" with a background in "product optimization" and "behavioral analysis." Do you think this was to improve the game experience or increase player spending?

http://gree-corp.com/press/view/102/keith-kawahata-joins-gree-as-vice-president-of-role-playing-games

the_bob
03-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Neither. To put games on the chopping block to reduce costs.

Valid or
03-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Given their company dose a lot more than just games,read the credits on some of the top rated anime eg. Naruto for one.(Gree is there)
Maybe this was a position that was needed to keep track of the revenue being brought in from all sources.

genghois
03-31-2015, 10:32 AM
Need a VP of Shaping Events That Make Sense!

This past week's awards have thrown the game into mayhem! Someone concerned with revenue would encourage such foolishness, as it would encourage ridiculous spending.

It does not encourage sensible game play!

truthteller
03-31-2015, 11:21 AM
Just this month, GREE put out a press release announcing that they hired a "VP of revenue" with a background in "product optimization" and "behavioral analysis." Do you think this was to improve the game experience or increase player spending?

http://gree-corp.com/press/view/102/keith-kawahata-joins-gree-as-vice-president-of-role-playing-games

It is sad but if you notice the article, KA is not mentioned at all............they talk about their best games MW, CC and WON...........lol KA is in limbo and soon on the chopping block

Vile Lynn
03-31-2015, 12:26 PM
It is sad but if you notice the article, KA is not mentioned at all............they talk about their best games MW, CC and WON...........lol KA is in limbo and soon on the chopping block

GREE used to brag about KA. :( No more.

Sandman 1
03-31-2015, 10:17 PM
As much as long time players hate the stat inflation it was by far one of the smartest business decisions for Gree. Not long ago new and non gold players couldn't compete in top factions and now any that want to spend gold can so now those players can move up to a gold faction and compete. So gree has made it possible to get more players would use gold to have the opportunity to do it. Now I don't like it at all and think it sucks but from a business side it was a smart move play for Gree

Sandhawk
03-31-2015, 11:05 PM
As much as long time players hate the stat inflation it was by far one of the smartest business decisions for Gree. Not long ago new and non gold players couldn't compete in top factions and now any that want to spend gold can so now those players can move up to a gold faction and compete. So gree has made it possible to get more players would use gold to have the opportunity to do it. Now I don't like it at all and think it sucks but from a business side it was a smart move play for Gree

You haven't the first clue of what you're talking about.

shill/imposter

the_bob
04-01-2015, 05:16 AM
shill/imposter

Truth. And it's the saddest thing I've ever seen that Gree feels the need to shill on this forum on a semi-regular basis.

BeastMode...on
04-01-2015, 05:28 AM

I'm quite sure that's because all 3 of those games are available on both IOS and Android. That is the biggest reason KA might get chopped, unlike their other games, only 1 platform has the game.

Sandman 1
04-01-2015, 06:09 AM
You haven't the first clue of what you're talking about.

shill/imposter

You obviously have no business sense. Like i said I personally don't like it at all as I've been a gold player myself in a top 10 faction but business wise it makes sense. They got is already hooked now some new player could come in bump his/her stats up for a few weeks and move to a top 50 faction and use gold. Stat inflation bad for long term players yes good for trying to make more money yes. People need to get their head out of the sand and realize it is a business not a game someone just made for everyone's enjoyment. Gree wants as much profit as they can. Hopefully where you work wants more profit too otherwise you will be out of a job soon.

Vile Lynn
04-01-2015, 06:52 AM
Sandman, you must mean Gems... Gold is in MW & CC; Gems are used in KA.
I think what you're calling 'gold' is called cash, coins, or money in KA.

Regarding your post about new players gaining the stats to join high-ranking guilds... One of them might use enough gems to join those guilds; I doubt many will.

IMHO, this was GREE's way of getting old accts with tons of regen bonuses to retire and to end sales/transfers of those retiring beast accounts. Nobody will pay real money for a high-level acct when they can make their own low-level beast for free.

Sandman 1
04-01-2015, 07:21 AM
No I mean MW. Guys that say were 1-2 bil in stats before eb or RB couldn't go to a upper faction as they wouldn't have any targets in WD. Now if they constantly tapped they are as strong as some of the guys that spent money on there account. So they in turn have a choice move up and spend gold to sustain it or don't.

Sandhawk
04-04-2015, 11:00 PM
No I mean MW. Guys that say were 1-2 bil in stats before eb or RB couldn't go to a upper faction as they wouldn't have any targets in WD. Now if they constantly tapped they are as strong as some of the guys that spent money on there account. So they in turn have a choice move up and spend gold to sustain it or don't.

If gree thinks that players will spend real money (or more money) to maintain the stats they gained from this little "taste", they are sorely mistaken. Some may go for it, most will not.

If they have adopted the dealer mentality of, "Here buddy, the first one's free" it just shows how sick they are in the head.

Jomama1
04-05-2015, 11:07 AM
It appears most like they are in a short term mode trying to milk all the money they can.

DragCro
04-07-2015, 03:48 AM
Truth. And it's the saddest thing I've ever seen that Gree feels the need to shill on this forum on a semi-regular basis.

You are the same,don't think that you are diferent.You have your "great" opinions on each thread,we can't live without your posting,glad that you didn't retier..
That is great news for the rest of us.
Just i hope that you won't pop up from a can of sardines soon :D

As for the game i hope they will improve all the things that are wrong with it and that game will continue because the community of the players are great and this game is what bringed them together

the_bob
04-08-2015, 09:33 PM
You are the same,don't think that you are diferent.

You do not know the meaning of the word shill, which is ironic since you are one. In your case it might be significantly sadder since Gree does not pay you. At least, you aren't overtly a Gree employee. I could be wrong and you may be taking a cut under the table. Frankly, it would not surprise me.

DragCro
04-09-2015, 01:00 AM
You do not know the meaning of the word shill, which is ironic since you are one. In your case it might be significantly sadder since Gree does not pay you. At least, you aren't overtly a Gree employee. I could be wrong and you may be taking a cut under the table. Frankly, it would not surprise me.
Lol to you :D,good that we have you here to tell us jokes,i can't take you seriously at least..Go post some more posts ,you didn't post in each thread yet,please post more because without your opinions we(forum members)don't have a daily jokes to laugh on :D

P.s. I finished talking to you,please don't adress me in the future and stay away from my threads and posts.
I really don't care what you want to say now or in the future.
If you continue to post to me i will put you on block list and that way i don't need to watch your great opinions.
Thank you for understanding

Acadian
04-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Not sure what he means by shilling. But generally the word shill is referred to falsely raising stats to make one appear better, such as shill buying on ebay. You get your buds to all buy low dollar items from you to inflate your feedback to make it look better than it really is. It can also refer to putting in bids you do not plan to pay for if won causing another party to bid more than they would have normally to win an item-artificially raising the cost. Both are frowned upon by most people including eBay :)

the_bob
04-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Not sure what he means by shilling. But generally the word shill is referred to falsely raising stats to make one appear better, such as shill buying on ebay. You get your buds to all buy low dollar items from you to inflate your feedback to make it look better than it really is. It can also refer to putting in bids you do not plan to pay for if won causing another party to bid more than they would have normally to win an item-artificially raising the cost. Both are frowned upon by most people including eBay :)

This is not the definition of the word. You people do realize the internet is full of dictionaries, right?

I finished talking to you,please don't adress me in the future and stay away from my threads and posts.

I will make it a point to reply to Every. Single. Post or reply you ever write from now on.

Saint-BEL
04-11-2015, 09:45 AM
"Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. "Plant" and "stooge" more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization.

Just so we can all understand one another, this is what the_bob was referring to..