PDA

View Full Version : Account transfer question

HayeZeus
03-28-2015, 06:57 PM
I have an account on my iphone that is connected to Game Center. I have a 2nd account on an android tablet that is NOT linked to a google play account yet.

On Grees account transfer walk through page, it states: WARNING: Once an account has been synced accross platforms and linked to a Google Play or Game Center account, it cannot be removed from either account!

That being said, I am trying to get the account from my droid tablet moved to my iphone. Is this warning above saying that if I link my droid account to google play, I won't be able to move it to my iphone?

I may be over complicating this, but noticing that I don't have the "manage accounts" link in my droid menu in-game I thought it was because the account wasn't linked to google play. Before I get this linked, I want to make sure that I'm not screwing myself.

At the end of the day, I just want to get the account off my tablet and on my phone. If I simply link that account to google play, will I be able to follow the directions on the gree account transfer page to migrate that over to my iphone?

Thanks in advance

Agent Orange
03-28-2015, 07:30 PM
There was something weird about that, I had multiple accounts linked to my primary google play account and they could not be linked to my Game Centre account. However I had a couple of test accounts either not linked or setup singly to a different test google account and it could be linked to GC. With luck someone who has more experience will answer you.

dr_evazan22
03-28-2015, 09:01 PM
i don't know anything about the Google play, but recently helped my bro link an iPad acct to his android phone. I used the manage acct button on the iPad and the equivalent button on his phone. It just asked what OS they were running on then gave a PIN for confirmation. Keyed it in and done... He can use either acct from either device.

HayeZeus
03-28-2015, 09:46 PM
Thanks evazan. I went ahead and linked the android account. The transfer from my droid to my iphone worked perfectly. Now I can switch back and forth from my primary acct to my mini on my iphone.

I can't believe Gree can make something this easy while screwing up everything else they do.

dr_evazan22
03-29-2015, 09:18 AM
I can't believe Gree can make something this easy while screwing up everything else they do.

You speak the truth!

Glad it worked.