PDA

View Full Version : Massive epic devaluation with 'Dragonforged' armor and chests

roookey1
03-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Dear Gree Customers Satisfaction Department,

as starting with this weekend all Epic armors will feel like plastic kiddie armors given the extreme hike of 36% in stats (new 6* mono: 5914, latest chest mono: 4349 (-1565 pts)) your colleagues from Customers Squeezing Department brought upon us with 'Dragonforged' armor (that should more appropriately be called 'Alliance armor' or 'Strippers garbs' :rolleyes:), I'd propose a significant price cut on chest prices, like 20 gems for a chest if they continue to only bring epics at the current drop rates.

Otherwise, I expect the now massively devalued epics to drop like snowflakes in winter from chests, and to give your buyers any chance to catch up / hold up against guilds housing jumpers from all those stripper guilds (most of the T500 guilds we are facing in wars do!), there should be a really good drop rate of 6* epics in those chests also at the beginning (if chest prices are not reduced), otherwise it would just make no sense whatsoever to buy from them anymore for the next months to come. Can u feel me?

regards,
roookey1, a good customer from a non-stripping guild (proud to not strip & cheat)

Lord P
03-26-2015, 12:15 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I'm rather disgusted with how my twin sets of Ancestor's Regalia and Techomancer Armor just because average in the face of these new dragonforged armors. It's gonna be a few weeks before I really feel the effects of these new armors but I'm not at all happy about this. Strongly leaning towards f2p...... Guess it depends on how I feel after I get owned by one of these new armors. I suppose I can still do raids and not feel like a gimp. :mad:

MisterT
03-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Alliances keep the game alive, if non of the alliances spends the amount of gems they do now, the game will surely be dropped by Gree.

Lord P
03-26-2015, 12:48 PM
There is going to be a mass exodus...... the only question is will enough people remain to keep this game going??? New players won't care about the new level of armor but older players will undoubtedly consider leaving for something else since they'll have to start over anyway.

Regretz
03-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Hahaha I see wat Gree did. They made those older war epics fusable so the f2p players and casual gemmers feel like they have something good goin on. Then they come out with this 6* for t10 and give t25 an extremely outdated epic, surprise surprise. This game is truly pay-to-play now. You cannot honestly keep up or compete with the t10 guilds now unless you are willing to throw hundreds of $$$ PER WEEK at this game. As the eb+ are inferior to epics, epics r now inferior to dragonforged (which r only obtainable by those t10 pixel huggers now).

In a way im happy Gree made this move, they made my decision so much easier for me. I was a casual gemmer, but do not intend to ever buy gems again. This game is going downhill fast. Just means I'll be spending more time and money on Clash of Clans now lol. F2p now.

sarileena
03-26-2015, 02:24 PM
I argee with you.

The last actions from GREE have made me to think is there any good reason to continue playing this game anymore.
Free gems are gone, heroic is too hard to complete and this new war prize system is good only for T10 guilds, which are full of gemmers.

I don't like these new 'features' at all ������ ������

Caladin
03-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Oh my !!!!!. Was the gap too small gree? I'll spend my 200 bucks a month on something else.

roookey1
03-26-2015, 02:50 PM
It's not Alliances that keep a game going, MrT, but players.

As said b4, there are enough games solely being based on income from optional video ads, with everything else being truly free. Of course it's a whole other level of income Gree generates with K&D, but obviously it is possible to finance the development of a good and entertaining game (especially one with a player base as large as K&D's) without 'stripping alliances'. Certainly a few thousand $ are needed per week, but all the other hundreds of thousands are luxury and easy money. I'm happy to contribute to a good revenue stream as long as I feel I get something in return, ideally a good time.

Now is the money the strippers bring in justifying blatantly pissing off 10,000's of the other players (of which many are also spending a lot, like for chests and the other not-really-free parts of the game, and large parts of the rest consisting of potential future spenders)?

The T25 of war and raid win buyers are the only customer group Gree has catered to for the last few months (even from #51, guilds will still only receive legendaries, as if the previous T500 rewards hadn't been a joke already, lolz!!!). Heroic mode (which I kudo'ed Gree for at first) lately turned into a slap in the faces of all the ones who were staying or returning because they thought it may become more interesting to compete again, then started to buy other armors again etc.

But it would all make sense if the business model of games like K&D in fact isn't to create a long-term and stable growing stream of income, but to generate exponential growth and calculate in 'planned destruction' of the cash machine at the point when the basis breaks away. It is against any logic (as it would pay off so big to simply keep the game going and make as many people happy with it as possible, as long as possible), but we just have to look around in today's economy to see that scorched-earth business models are still rather the norm than the exception. I'm feeling 'scorched' right now, having my latest investments devalued by 30-40% within just a few days.

legalious
03-26-2015, 03:33 PM
I don't foresee anyone in my guild getting this armor, and the gap will only increase. Hopefully there will be a 'Chance' for all ftp members to attempt to get this armor. There are quite a lot of items I would like to wear but would have to be in the top guilds with top scores.

I fall into the 11,000-25,000 ranking category for strength :(.

Reversal
03-26-2015, 03:55 PM
I am legit considering quitting Knights and Dragons all together.

Here are my reasons why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAzWeBG9gaU

And as a follow-up:

http://i.imgur.com/1Qm36c7.png

I would also like to get relieved from my postition as a Moderator on the forum.

Thank you in advance.

Regretz
03-26-2015, 04:30 PM
So u wanna quit because Dragonforged will eventually be available to everyone, not just the t10? Here I assumed you always wanted what was best for the community as a whole. Guess ur really only lookin out for the t10 guilds, since u wanted to voice "everyones" concern as to whether Dragonforged would be in chests or not. So the t10 is "everyone" now? Cuz im pretty sure theyre the only ones that dont want to see Dragonforged in chests Sorry the game wont be as 1-sided as u hoped it would. Good riddance.

The Calling
03-26-2015, 04:44 PM

Here are my reasons why:

And as a follow-up:

I would also like to get relieved from my postition as a Moderator on the forum.

Thank you in advance.

This is kinda funny, so the fact that others besides strippers have the chance at getting a 6* you want to quit. You had to know that was coming.

6* are the new epics
5* are the new leg
4* are the new ultra rare
etc etc etc

You get the point.

At least all p2w players will get a chance for a 6*, of course, the chest 6* won't be as good as war epics, but when have they really

PSB Betty MTF
03-26-2015, 05:04 PM
I've played this game well over a year now. Spent a year of it in T10/25 runs. But now, I'm completely done. No P2P nor FTP. This new armor tier has made it too much

roookey1
03-26-2015, 07:07 PM
As I said yesterday, Gree has somehow managed it to piss off pretty much all types of players during the last months.

There must be some deeper logic behind what they're doing - as it would be unbelievable a company would throw away so many opportunities to make even more money than they already do, and all that on a long-term basis -, alone I don't get it. If what I fear is true - they didn't forsee the shytestorm they raised - essential parts of their management would have to take some boxes and start to collect their things if I'd be a shareholder (yeah I know, pretty much everyone reading this will be happy I am not ...lol) because they are actively destroying their customer base.

That even guys like Reversal - certainly one of the most advantaged players there is in the game, being part of a T10 alliance and getting all kinds of special chances and opportunities no other player will ever have due to his exposure - think about quitting should really ring the alarm bells. Not because I think you're right, Reversal (actually I think the only chance to rescue the game is by throwing 4-6 dragonforged into the chests as soon as possible, and that at a very good drop rate and price ... so that 'ready-to-pay' players can catch up without feeling they'd have to spend a fortune again, and for casually or none-gemming T11-T500 guilds to face ANY chance against those hundreds of T500 guilds housing 1, 2 or more guild jumpers who will be equipped with this super-strong armor soon) but because they have obviously completely lost touch with their customer base, and now also even some if the biggest spenders of us all.

As already mentioned, I will not buy any more gems or open chests until they at least contain 3-4 6-stars and are filled with good epics, otherwise the chance of getting something of actual value for my hard-earned money would be just too slim as all current epics will have been turned to actual fusion fodder/kiddie plastic gear by the end of the upcoming war. The same applies to casual or active gemming in wars by the way. Pointless to even try to get a slim advantage by throwing in a few gems into a battle, if a single player of the other guild can kill you dozens of times at his will and win a battle for his mostly comatose guild only by himself, without you even having a chance to interrupt him by switching gear anymore.

I feel some kind of vacuum coming where I'll just keep standing where I am, not moving, and I'll see what I'll do when the dust has settled in a 2-3 months from now.

Kent Chai
03-26-2015, 08:43 PM
I agreed with you Roookey1. Lets analyses what their profit margin will be this weekend compared to previous weekend.

Numbers is generated from the War Points during the Tecnomancer war and average 700 points per fight. Not to mentioned wasted fights.
Tecnomancer This Week
T1 $23,482.72 $23,482.72
T2 $21,820.77 $21,820.77
T3 $21,027.41 $21,027.41
T4-T10 $79,551.02 $79,551.02
T11-T25 $61,280.03 $26,439.74 (No one in the right mind will spend the $$ they spent during the Technomancer War.) Huge drop here
(Total) $207,161.94 $172,321.65

Derrick Kelsay
03-26-2015, 11:19 PM

Here are my reasons why:

And as a follow-up:

Thank you in advance.

Don't leave reversal! I enjoy watching your videos and I have for over a year now! I'm sure it will all balance out like when they first introduced epics into the game people probably felt the same way with legendaries... And it is true anyone in a top guild will surly smash the competition in every aspect of the game reports coming in that mins in a top guild are reaching 5,000 Gems plus! I'm sorry but I'm gonna set this one out I was gonna go on a top 25 run but not now sadly the epic reward is a fusible item that I have 2 of already

Regretz
03-26-2015, 11:35 PM
If u read Reversals post, he wants to quit because Dragonforged will be in chests, so in a sense available to all. He wants them to strictly be a t10 reward, so while the stats dominate epics he wants only the t10 to have them, thus making the gap impossible to close. Is that the selfish kind of person u want to have make videos/represent the KnD community? Nope, if he wants to throw his lil temper tantrum cuz every1 can get the shiny new toy like him then let him quit. Bye Reversal. Good riddance.

Phill - Immortal GM
03-27-2015, 01:21 AM
The funniest thing about the whole hype is that NO ONE wants T10 for this mono lol.
Once duals come, it's over.

Then all of the above is true. The stat increase is way too much. NEW Epic+ war rewards go to junk because you casually buff stats by 30%.. YAY.

Anyhow, this war shouldn't be too expensive. Perhaps, at least for the Mono rotation, these should be cheaper than the last wars which gave out epics.
Kind of funny how the new prizing system is adapted in a sense where ... Well, it was about T3 and T25 before.. And now we go back to 1-10 being important. Rest is crap.

Even once we reach duals, don't expect the new epic+ as T25, no no. Chaos Vanguard will be followed by it's brother Stalwart+ and instead of a Tact+ we will get Cryptid+ :DDD

Haha, good job GREE ^^

EDIT: Reversal, upon Epic release, did Legendaries stop getting put into game? No.
GREE will likely adapt current systems and perhaps the Epic Boss will soon actually hand out epics, which are in comparison like EB+ are up until 4 and a half days of time.
You can't possibly think that they would have an entire Armor Tier go extinct, right?

Marco_
03-27-2015, 01:24 AM
I think his concern was that epics would be end-of-life/obsoleted; kind of the odd situation that within a year the newest 4* epic boss armor might be stronger than any and all then still existing epics (so fusing 4* + 4* to 5* would then always be a disappointment) . Kind of like the odd situation where a coin's metal is worth more than its face value.
But adding some shiny new thing without caring much how it affects another part of the game happens here (adventure mode locations about 8-15 was mostly EoL/obsolete for a long time) and in other games, not only by Gree, plenty of times...

Konny
03-27-2015, 01:51 AM
How far do you have to level Dragonforged, also 99/99? If yes will epic be lowered to 85/85 or something? That would be nice.

Marco_
03-27-2015, 03:24 AM
How far do you have to level Dragonforged, also 99/99? If yes will epic be lowered to 85/85 or something? That would be nice.
Can't lower epic or they would also have to change the per level stats.
So either Dragonforged is more than 99 or has much higher per-level stats.

Sidenote: Dragonforged seems to be 1 diamond(?) star with wings instead of 6-star... (I wonder if epic boss armors will get migrated to something like 1 bronze/silver star with wings at some point, abandoning star numbers over 1...)

Smiley80
03-27-2015, 12:18 PM
due to prices and %chance on reward gems per chest should be revised. for me 10 gems = 1$, dark prince chest = 2$ junk.

also the dragonforged armors will make the top guilds even more powerful for raids and for cheaper. 2 X 6*+ spirit armor vs an earth boss will be a faceroll.

roookey1
03-27-2015, 01:44 PM
The more I read about it, the messier it feels. Total chaos. I wonder how Gree is gonna fix this ... if they do it (and can do it!) at all.

My bet is they will simply release another (but certainly inferior) mono-Dragonforged to the chests right away to relieve some of 'our' angry steam and make players feel they can also have something that is called 'Dragonforged'. Most morons will indeed jump at it right away because they will want to GET IT, while the virtual top 10 guilds like DK & Co will start to spread those WMD armors thoughout most of the T500 guilds, making 'wars' even more ridiculous than they already are.

Gree will just hope that as many customers as possible swallow the bitter pill and buy themseves into the next level of burning $$$, that's it. I think in fact everything already got way out of their control, as too many parts of the game have been messed up big time with this latest move. And to even top that, social media multipliers and big spenders have been pissed off because Gree failed at the most basic marketing principles there are at our times (just look how the major players on the market ensnare guys like PewDiePie & Co.), to integrate these people and seriously take their advice to their heart, convince them so that they help to motivate the user base. Take forum users like Phill and others for example, the time they took to compile lengthy feedback to Gree -- and what did they do with it except sending yet another canned response, and then releasing something completely different that loudly tells they have not been thinking it through at all! :confused:
Imo, the only way to close the gap as efficiently as possible, and to keep as many users as possible from running away would be to massively drop chest prices or raise good epic, especially epic+ drops and of course allow reasonable 6-star drops as well. Heroics+ had to be quite easy to get now, possibly even with an inferior 6-star if you can manage to get all shards within 14 days. I want to get motivated by Gree again!!!

Because as it is, not even heroic mode doesn't 'work' for the average player anymore, and the once nice milestone rewards of raids (if they stay similar to the ones we now see in the upcoming -once again: 3 day! :mad:- war) have just been turned into pretty worthless garbage as well.

So as crazy as it may sound with a game as cleverly designed as K&D initially was, the 16 (actually really free!) levels now are indeed the probably best and most 'rewarding' part of the whole game.

Ju Nation
03-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Hahaha, this new tier is cool. The extra stats, not cool.

I hope its only because its a mono.

Reversal quitting? Ok, bye bye... Is he even a regular t10 player? I dont think he is. So why is he so bothered?

Alot of valid points in here, i hope Gree is listening. I really do...

Oh yah gree, t2-3 getting the plus version is stupid... Really stupid... I mean u guys will make more $$$, but its stupid...

Sent
03-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Oh yah gree, t2-3 getting the plus version is stupid... Really stupid... I mean u guys will make more $$$, but its stupid...

Agreed. They should revert #1-10 rewards to how they were before (at least armor wise). Rank 1 gets the +, rank 2-3 get regular with some extras, and ranks 4-10 get the regular.

Phill - Immortal GM
03-28-2015, 12:57 AM

I actually believe (at least on Droid) that if only #1 had the Plus they would make more money lol.
Right now, the logical thing happening is DK taking 2/3 raids and 3D taking 2/3 Epic War placements. Means 3 guilds will push to roughly 60m and stay at it, whereas if only #1 had these really stat-buffed DF+, there would at least be a high push for 1 and 2 (Don't we all love expensive 2s, 11s, 26s [now 4, 11, 26, (51)]) lol.

Not overly excited over the mono.
If there is to be a stat drop for dual, kudos on the ones actually getting a mono DF. I couldn't get myself to do it and from what I see in chats it's a hassle even filling one run.

Broly
03-28-2015, 03:49 PM
As I said yesterday, Gree has somehow managed it to piss off pretty much all types of players during the last months.

There must be some deeper logic behind what they're doing - as it would be unbelievable a company would throw away so many opportunities to make even more money than they already do, and all that on a long-term basis -, alone I don't get it. If what I fear is true - they didn't forsee the shytestorm they raised - essential parts of their management would have to take some boxes and start to collect their things if I'd be a shareholder (yeah I know, pretty much everyone reading this will be happy I am not ...lol) because they are actively destroying their customer base.
to interrupt him by switching gear anymore.

I feel some kind of vacuum.
Hey who know they might be pulling the last hurrah strategy like they did in crim legacy. Release the new tier gear and load the game with sales to collect the last big pay day because the profits have been declining. Then we will see gree pack up there bags and shut down the game. Everyone here maybe saying can't happen here, but it can, gree isn't the most profitable ftp game anymore. Its not 2012 anymore 2D games are outdated and gree stuck in the past, look at the top rpg/multiplayer games on the app store, all 3d based

Kangaroeland
03-29-2015, 06:04 AM
Rookeye1 i cant take any of your posts serious because every single one of them is filled with at least some moaning about stripping or alliances. I really dont know how you got this salty but its getting to a point where its just straight up sad.

roookey1
03-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Maybe you could try to put yourself in my shoes for a second then: what does a guild usually ending up between #200 and #500 (or less) get for 3 days of constant attention?

What are wars good for for guilds like these? And what can players >L100 who have purchased or fused a few epics still do in the game?
2 months ago, I was giving Gree big credits for adding Heroic mode. 3 such events later, it has been converted into another event tailored for jobless people and win-buyers. All others are cut out by design.
1 month ago, I was giving Gree big credits for supporting epic fusions (epic+epic=epic). 4 weeks later, this change has been made pretty irrelevant because one will end up with 2nd or 3rd class armor one way or another at least 1000 stat points away from the future range.

Guys like you should stop seeing everything through your tainted glasses - not everyone is a GM, not everyone wants or can spend hundreds of $ for a game every month (after having been promised a 'free' game according to the category it is listed in), and not everyone gets a kick out of buying wins.

Having said that, I wouldn't have any problem with guys actually doing that 365 days a year (and in my own guild, a few are occasionally gemming a bit too) - but why not ask to keep the game interesting for the typical players who have passed all 16 levels as well? With Heroic gone, wars rigged and now most probably an entrance price of several hundred $$$ to join the next level of armor inflation, it's hard NOT to start having doubts where all of this goes. In most of my 'whining' posts, I also mention Raids as the part of the game that is still exciting for most average players. But my knees shiver at the thought that this may also be ruined soon, or that the game may go down as a whole because so many people seem to have given up on it.

Don't forget that all of you guys of the so-called 'top guilds' can't exist without your cannon fodder down below - that there are other kinds of players of which some are multipliers that occasionally bring up the big spenders who again at some point will join your virtual guilds for your 'top runs'. As you often mention the 'Gree needs money' mantra, Gree would probably not keep up the game if only the members of the T25 guilds remain.

cheers ,r.

Regretz
03-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Very nicely put Roookey, I couldnt have said it better myself. This new tier of armors is gonna be the death of KnD I fear, im glad I stopped spending money on this game. I honestly cannot see the game going farther if this is how its gonna be run. Newcomers downloadng this game will turn away after seeing how they have to pay hundreds of $$$ to compete in wat was labeled a "free to play" in the Appstore. Just gonna ride the remainder of this game out f2p, wonder how long it will be.

As for Kanga, who r u to call anyone salty? If I remember correctly there were quite a few posta with u crying because the older war epics r fusable. BooHoo! Ur sentimental attachment to pixels is kinda cute (and also pretty sad). Get off ur high horse for once u pixel hugger would ya? Ur a "big dog" in KnD, but just how far does that actually get u in life? You are in no way better than anyone else, so stop acting like it just because ur virtual armors r "stronger."

P4R4NO1D
03-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Dude you spend money on this game so I don't you should be making fun of people for not wanting certain armors fusible. I mean like how old are you? All you do is complain and attack people for no reason. Grow up man.

Regretz
03-29-2015, 02:25 PM
Ok let me make this a bit more clear for u. Yes I used to spend, but I spent minimal on this game, and only on occassion. I have never been a heavy gemmer, dont see the point in buying wins against stripped GMs (I wouldnt feel like I actually earned anything by whacking a stripped GM for 72 hrs). If u read my last post, I have stopped spending money on this game and do not ever intend to again (unless this game gets a massive overhaul, which I dont see Gree doing.)

Next, I never brag about the armors I have, as pixels r hardly anything to brag about. Im sorry that I dont care about wat armors r fusable, the more the better. I dont care if people have a sentimental attachment to the war epic they "earned" months ago (again, whacking a stripped GM for 3 days isnt really earning it per se). Make every epic/dragonforged fusable as soon as the wars over, is that better?

Lastly, if u read Kangas post u would see y my post was justified. Roookey was simple stating an opinion that many have and Kanga personally attacked him. Also, when have u seen me complain? Stating my opinion/facts is not complaining. Sorry I have a more holistic view of things than most, and thus see things for how they really are. Try thinking sometime, it helps. Believe wat u want, I dont care wat u think of me.

Cheers,
Regretz

ColombianThreatMachine
03-29-2015, 10:33 PM

Here are my reasons why:

And as a follow-up:

Thank you in advance.

Reversal,

This is like the 3rd time I have heard you say you are going to quit.....

nicktran111467
03-30-2015, 10:14 AM
DragonForged would probably be more than 99, that way we are forced to spend more to level up, win-win for Gree.

nicktran111467
03-30-2015, 10:21 AM
I actually believe (at least on Droid) that if only #1 had the Plus they would make more money lol.
Right now, the logical thing happening is DK taking 2/3 raids and 3D taking 2/3 Epic War placements. Means 3 guilds will push to roughly 60m and stay at it, whereas if only #1 had these really stat-buffed DF+, there would at least be a high push for 1 and 2 (Don't we all love expensive 2s, 11s, 26s [now 4, 11, 26, (51)]) lol.

Not overly excited over the mono.
If there is to be a stat drop for dual, kudos on the ones actually getting a mono DF. I couldn't get myself to do it and from what I see in chats it's a hassle even filling one run.

i think there should be a stat drop for dual, 150 to 200 less.

UP Tide
03-30-2015, 04:27 PM
For those of you hating on Reversal, if you really claim to know him or watch his videos on the regular then you SHOULD understand his decision. He really is quitting because he is trying to be a VOICE and Gree is not listening. He has given K&D so much exposure that he want's to be able to give back to us the K&D COMUNNITY. Gree doesn't really provide us with much information on new content, and Reversal tries to give us what we need to do to be ready for the new content. In other games the company provides Patch Notes/Updates, and we don't really get that from K&D.

Thank You Reversal for what you have done and tried to do for us, the K&D Community.
-Tide

Ant venom
03-31-2015, 11:37 AM
For those of you hating on Reversal, if you really claim to know him or watch his videos on the regular then you SHOULD understand his decision. He really is quitting because he is trying to be a VOICE and Gree is not listening. He has given K&D so much exposure that he want's to be able to give back to us the K&D COMUNNITY. Gree doesn't really provide us with much information on new content, and Reversal tries to give us what we need to do to be ready for the new content. In other games the company provides Patch Notes/Updates, and we don't really get that from K&D.

Thank You Reversal for what you have done and tried to do for us, the K&D Community.
-Tide

What I still don't understand is how having DragonForged 6* can make someone quit and what I don't also understand is why u would get frustrated upon the introduction of the 6* if all year round all of u folks have only been asking about when the 6* will arrive so next time for u post or speak up to GREE, plz consider first, or all of u would be blaming GREE upon something that u WANTED AND ASKED FOR, like right now.

Cheers;
Ant venom

zelfgal
03-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Tonight Gree will release first epic from epic boss, with ****ty stats the truth is, but ok its a small step to balance the game...

Im wondering if Gree will continue with mono drangonforged armor in the next raid too or they ll continue release epics with greater stats...if someone know something please let us kno :)

legalious
03-31-2015, 01:52 PM
Tonight Gree will release first epic from epic boss, with ****ty stats the truth is, but ok its a small step to balance the game...

I will be posting the Epic Boss update on the forum, and the latest I heard was that it will be Legendary 4* like the other Epic Bosses.

**UPDATE**Just been told that Epic Bosses will now start to drop Epic Armor.

Konny
03-31-2015, 05:46 PM
As a free player I have a hard time to level armours to 70/70, can't do it every week and have to decide which are worth it.

Bosses giving epics every week looks nice at first, but how am I supposed to max them to 99/99? Without a steady (ie farmable) source for fusion stones I might just quit the game.

Temba Resident
03-31-2015, 06:18 PM
As a free player I have a hard time to level armours to 70/70, can't do it every week and have to decide which are worth it.

Bosses giving epics every week looks nice at first, but how am I supposed to max them to 99/99? Without a steady (ie farmable) source for fusion stones I might just quit the game.
it's how gree gets you to spend lots of money, profit tactic.

roookey1
03-31-2015, 06:22 PM
@Konny how about the raids, can't you get enough fusion material to upgrade from there?

Marco_
04-01-2015, 01:45 AM
@Konny how about the raids, can't you get enough fusion material to upgrade from there?
Nope. IIRC maxing an epic costs about 40% more than getting a 4* non-plus to level 35 and then maxing the 4*+ . Now also leveling the 5* non-plus (to 35?) gets added to that.

Stat wise, the new EB 5*+ is 3541 combined, compared to 3396 combined for the EB 4*+ that just ended. Lots of extra effort for 145 extra stats.
It's barely above my Forgestone+, which is 3477 combined, so new EB+ is kind of 2nd gen epic+ with more leveling work...

I guess they hope people buy the flourishing chests for their big volume of bonus fodder to level their EB+ armors... :(

PS: are the dragonforged higher than level 99?

Konny
04-01-2015, 01:50 AM
A raid is usually good for 1 quickly maxed 70/70 armour. I usually get to the 2.4 million mark.

Maxing an EB+ legendary (including 35/70 on the normal) costs 6737 points in fusion fodder.
Maxing an EB+ epic will cost 10687 points.

OK let's say this is an attempt to make me buy gems, I don't see that helping the casual player: buying the 52 chest pack gives 20 boosts and 52 2* or better = that's just 6200+ fodder points. Even if I'd get 52 3* it would be only 8280 fodder points. For a pretty steep price I might add, don't see me ever buying a 52 pack.

So what's a casual player to do? Apply to a guild that runs like place 100 to get fodder via milestones... that might be much cheaper than a 52 chest pack but also requires a lot of time to actually fight the war. Or I could gem my way to more milestones in a raid but again, that requires a lot of time to actually fight the raid. More time commitment than I want to invest in the game.

Bottom line: maxing legendaries is hard enough, maxing epics on a regular basis seems not possible often enough with the time I commit to Knights and Dragons even if I would be turned into a paying player.

Phill - Immortal GM
04-01-2015, 05:47 AM
PS: are the dragonforged higher than level 99?

Hey Marco!
Dragonforged are Up to Level 99 only.
However they take a lot more resources to max.
1-99 was 137 matching Fusion Boosters.

Halo Brutes
04-01-2015, 01:45 PM
this is the same when the epics came out. the epics where 600cs bigger than the legs, now is it 1000. people with the 6* armor yes they are stronger.

i was in the begining when the 5* came out in a T10 guild. i was stronger then the rest. i stoped playing for a year and when i come back, every n00b had a epic. i was thinking WTF.

now with the 6* out now, we are at a new begining. so dont be a cry baby and kick ass.

greenwing
04-02-2015, 03:03 AM
It is the only way they can introduce this. Otherwise the epics would surpass the dragonforge within a few weeks/months. I do not like it either but it is the only way they can introduce a new level of armours.

Marco_
04-02-2015, 04:23 AM
Hey Marco!
Dragonforged are Up to Level 99 only.
However they take a lot more resources to max.
1-99 was 137 matching Fusion Boosters.

Ouch. Off the top of my head epics were 50 or 51 and a bit.
I guess Gree might be shooting themselves in the foot if people get more selective with their top 10 runs because they can't farm enough fodder to keep maxing the Dragonforge...

It is the only way they can introduce this. Otherwise the epics would surpass the dragonforge within a few weeks/months. I do not like it either but it is the only way they can introduce a new level of armours.
As I said, they could have left ATK and DEF at about the same level and added health...
And nope, epics wouldn't surpass dragonforge anytime soon, since the impression I'm getting is that most likely "epic boss" and heroic will be the only new epics being added from now on. (so I'm wondering how many months from now Dragonforge will need to be added to the fusion table to prevent fusion having only worse results than EB+ and heroic+ ... I think we had that situation once before just before Blazborne, Tectonic and Moontide got added to the fusion table; EB+ being better than the chests/fusion 4* non-plus then.)

Phill - Immortal GM
04-03-2015, 02:18 AM
Ouch. Off the top of my head epics were 50 or 51 and a bit.
I guess Gree might be shooting themselves in the foot if people get more selective with their top 10 runs because they can't farm enough fodder to keep maxing the Dragonforge...

I think 50 is close.. 56 or so.
Anyway: Seems they're throwing FBAs at you now, over 40 for 12m Raid pts., which is surely tailored at maxing DF.
Perhaps soon you get an FBA for 500k Guild donation, not 2M or so. Let's see.
Also funny to see that there is now an EW vs Raid imbalance, as the Raid+ is 165 stats or so lower than the EW+ (4 weeks ago this was the opposite)

They are surely not predictable, lol..

Marco_
04-03-2015, 03:04 AM
I think 50 is close.. 56 or so.

I looked it up in the spreadsheet: 9030 / 180 = 50.167 for epics.
So Dragonforge is somewhere in the 24481-24660 range based on your "137 matching FBA" number.

And maxing an epic boss+ armor went from
1664 + 5080 = 6744
to
1664 + 9030 = 10694
which is a 58.57% EP cost increase...

greenwing
04-07-2015, 12:03 AM
As I said, they could have left ATK and DEF at about the same level and added health...

And what does that change ? That way the armor should still be a big step forward because otherwise there is no reason to add a new level of armor. There simply must be a big step forward to prevent epics from catching up to the new armors within a few months.

And nope, epics wouldn't surpass dragonforge anytime soon, since the impression I'm getting is that most likely "epic boss" and heroic will be the only new epics being added from now on.

Even then you have at least one new armor each week and therefore you still need a big gap to the next level armor. Look at the 4 star armors right now which passed a lot of epics already. You need to put that point for dragonforge in the far future. There is just no way a new level of armor could be only just a bit better than the current epics.

Marco_
04-07-2015, 04:26 AM
There is just no way a new level of armor could be only just a bit better than the current epics.
And that's why I've been saying even months ago that a new armor tier would be dumb as hell unless they added something special to them instead of just stats hike. They should have stuck with the slowly stat inflating epics instead if they couldn't think of something more creative than "add more ATK and DEF"...