PDA

View Full Version : How about some communication?

Talahaski
03-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Would be nice.

Agent Orange
03-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Hello, how are you, I am fine and you?

Preacher Wolf
03-25-2015, 02:18 PM
i wrote on a post a few weeks ago about grees communication and one of the mods responded and said that they took a poll a while back and asked if people on the forums wanted them to respond on here or just report the issues to the developers. the mod said that more people voted on reporting to developers than discussing it on the forums. i asked them to take another poll but of that did not happen. so mods say they are doing their jobs by regulating the forums and not responding unless they have too

Talahaski
03-25-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm doing ok. Allow about u?

Agent Orange
03-25-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm doing ok. Allow about u?

Just ducky thank you!

See the thing is the moderators aren't really up to speed on a lot of what seems to be going on here and this is compounded by two different types of moderator. The best one's we can deal with are the actual Gree employee's such as Relic and Clementine who try their best to get our problems sorted out internally but they are likely overwhelmed since it's just a couple of them vs all of us spread across their group of games.

The player mods are not really in the loop with the exception of Hellraizer, the others try to put out the fires but in many cases they just make things worse because they actually are not given or are dispensing confusing information because they are not familiar with this game….

Oh oh Gree
03-25-2015, 02:30 PM
I wish they would get rid of the free Mods and go back to interacting with players. The free mods have not worked out and the paid ones are never around.

Ozymandias
03-25-2015, 03:47 PM
i wrote on a post a few weeks ago about grees communication and one of the mods responded and said that they took a poll a while back and asked if people on the forums wanted them to respond on here or just report the issues to the developers. the mod said that more people voted on reporting to developers than discussing it on the forums. i asked them to take another poll but of that did not happen. so mods say they are doing their jobs by regulating the forums and not responding unless they have too

I think I asked for info on the poll, as id never seen it. But no response

legalious
03-25-2015, 03:53 PM
the paid ones are never around.

They are around and post every day. So...yea.

MAD NUGGETT
03-25-2015, 04:01 PM
I love how that is the only feedback you get. Lol. Didn't even ask specifically what information or communication the OP would like. Seems being overwhelmed is the problem and mods denying this simply compounds the problem. I just read and laugh at all the madness.

sstuutss
03-25-2015, 04:16 PM
and post every day. So...yea.
You're joking right? every day...... you might want to check on that.

Sadly another example of what others are saying.

Sunny19843
03-25-2015, 04:23 PM
They are around and post every day. So...yea.

So I take this counts towards your daily post. Why can't you post on the actual threads that matter??

Rolinz
03-25-2015, 04:46 PM
How about a mod or CM post on each thread so we know we are not being ignored. If things have been forwarded to developers or a fix is in the works or it is almost resolved.

If we don'y see anyone from Gree post on a thread, we just take your word you read it but how do we know if you guys are acting upon it and just plan to ignore it?

1Shot
03-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Please do not bash the mods on the forums. We all try our best to find out what we can for you and keep this forum a positive place to be. The least we can get back is a little respect.
Thank you.

Relic
03-25-2015, 05:05 PM
How about a mod or CM post on each thread so we know we are not being ignored. If things have been forwarded to developers or a fix is in the works or it is almost resolved.

If we don'y see anyone from Gree post on a thread, we just take your word you read it but how do we know if you guys are acting upon it and just plan to ignore it?

This is something we'd love to do, but it's a matter of manpower. With all the games there are in the forums, and all the threads in each of them, it's very difficult for us to answer every thread quickly - or at all because we're stretched pretty thin.

Clem and I are the only staff available, and that's why we need the assistance of volunteer moderators from our community. Having said that, the volunteer mods are players of the game and are here to help out as best they can. Please do not be disrespectful to them, they're taking the time out of their day to help out. Any insults and/or disrespect toward them will not be tolerated. Any complaints you have of them should be sent to Clem or me in a PM.

Thanks.

Rolinz
03-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Please do not bash the mods on the forums. We all try our best to find out what we can for you and keep this forum a positive place to be. The least we can get back is a little respect.
Thank you.

Not sure if this was meant for me, but I try to be constructive in suggesting better or more detailed sharing of information. As a whole, Gree promised more or better communication but that has not come to be as of yet.

This is something we'd love to do, but it's a matter of manpower. With all the games there are in the forums, and all the threads in each of them, it's very difficult for us to answer every thread quickly - or at all because we're stretched pretty thin.

Clem and I are the only staff available, and that's why we need the assistance of volunteer moderators from our community. Having said that, the volunteer mods are players of the game and are here to help out as best they can. Please do not be disrespectful to them, they're taking the time out of their day to help out. Any insults and/or disrespect toward them will not be tolerated. Any complaints you have of them should be sent to Clem or me in a PM.

Thanks.

Thank you for addressing this and we understand there is only 2 of you to manage numerous games that run 24-hours worldwide. Will Gree ever realize that maybe more people are needed seeing that you guys are spread too thin in maintaining a good line of communications to all of your players in the forums.

Mods are here to help and maintain some order in the forums, but they have limited or no access to any information we might require in a time sensitive event.

Are there plans to hire more people to help in the forums?

This is like having only 2 people in a Fire Department in a town with over 500,000 people in it.

Because you two are in a way, the only ones putting out fires caused by Gree's mistakes or oversights.

Preacher Wolf
03-25-2015, 07:24 PM
The real issue is not Relic or Clem or the other mods. We see the same type of service in every aspect of modern war. Our threads don't get answered not because Relic or Clem does not care to answer, its because they don't have the time to answer everyone. When we send in tickets and it does not get answered or it takes a really long time to answer its not because they are not doing there job, its because the people that answering the tickets don't have enough time to answer everyones questions. Which is also why we get emails back from gree that have nothing to do with our tickets. I am sure they are told to quickly over look the ticket and then send them a pre written response and hopefully it takes care of what they are having issues with. We have so many people complaining about different bugs in the game that makes hard for them to play the game its not even funny. The problem is not that gree employees are not working on it, its that they don't have enough time to fix all of it because the higher ups in gree are making them work on new things that will bring in more money.

The real issue is not the workers at Gree. The problem is that the people that run gree will not hire the correct amount of people to run there games for them. They treat people like Relic and Clem like slaves and tell them to do the impossible. And because Relic and Clem know that they can't do the impossible i am sure they have to decided to the next best thing in the forums, and that is to just manage and do there best to not allow it to get out of control. I am sure by their statements that they make they would love to be able to answer all of our questions on here. But since they can't they have decided to manage the forums which is why they are quick to shut down thread or erase comments that against there rules here.

The problem is the people that own and run gree only care about money and they have not problem treating there employees like slaves to make sure they make more money. Gree is under staffed in all aspects of the company, and that won't change any time soon

Preacher Wolf
03-25-2015, 07:35 PM
This is also why Gree does not have a option for you to call customer support. If 1 of the 2 or 3 people that was answering tickets had to help a customer out on the phone then it would really make the ticket process slower. The higher ups at gree could careless about any of our issues, they only care about putting tabs in places to make us accidentally hit it so that we use more gold which will make us have to buy more gold sooner than we wanted too.

Rolinz
03-25-2015, 08:27 PM
The real issue is not Relic or Clem or the other mods. We see the same type of service in every aspect of modern war. Our threads don't get answered not because Relic or Clem does not care to answer, its because they don't have the time to answer everyone. When we send in tickets and it does not get answered or it takes a really long time to answer its not because they are not doing there job, its because the people that answering the tickets don't have enough time to answer everyones questions. Which is also why we get emails back from gree that have nothing to do with our tickets. I am sure they are told to quickly over look the ticket and then send them a pre written response and hopefully it takes care of what they are having issues with. We have so many people complaining about different bugs in the game that makes hard for them to play the game its not even funny. The problem is not that gree employees are not working on it, its that they don't have enough time to fix all of it because the higher ups in gree are making them work on new things that will bring in more money.

The real issue is not the workers at Gree. The problem is that the people that run gree will not hire the correct amount of people to run there games for them. They treat people like Relic and Clem like slaves and tell them to do the impossible. And because Relic and Clem know that they can't do the impossible i am sure they have to decided to the next best thing in the forums, and that is to just manage and do there best to not allow it to get out of control. I am sure by their statements that they make they would love to be able to answer all of our questions on here. But since they can't they have decided to manage the forums which is why they are quick to shut down thread or erase comments that against there rules here.

The problem is the people that own and run gree only care about money and they have not problem treating there employees like slaves to make sure they make more money. Gree is under staffed in all aspects of the company, and that won't change any time soon

Very well said. I completely agree with you. Not their own doing but the fact that they are short-handed and probably can only do so much in a day.

Here is a link to their job openings. http://product.gree.net/us/en/careers

I do not see any openings for Community Managers or Forum Manager or anything they could use here?

Ozymandias
03-25-2015, 11:32 PM
It's nothing to do with being short handed. It's been much better in the past, and that was before the player mods were brought in to help with the mundane stuff. Have a look at their post counts. Have a look at what they chose to get involved in and what is not responded to or followed up.

MAD NUGGETT
03-25-2015, 11:52 PM
In reading through many threads it seems the mods only choose to respond to things that should just be ignored. Also, they seem antagonistc responses as well. Most times they respond to some side comment on a legitimate thread which gets no response. Solution is simple, hire somebody who knows what's going on to assist. That is all.

HellRaizer
03-26-2015, 12:41 AM
The player mods aren't here to answer questions on behalf of gree. We are just players who have a good understanding of our primary games. The work that we do, allows the community managers more time to focus on the important issues rather than having to worry about trolls and spam.

Being an MW addict I do raise all the concerns that we voice on here and I try to draw attention to important threads, but I personally wont respond that something is being fixed or looked at unless I'm completely sure.

Ozymandias
03-26-2015, 01:38 AM
The player mods aren't here to answer questions on behalf of gree. We are just players who have a good understanding of our primary games. The work that we do, allows the community managers more time to focus on the important issues rather than having to worry about trolls and spam.

Being an MW addict I do raise all the concerns that we voice on here and I try to draw attention to important threads, but I personally wont respond that something is being fixed or looked at unless I'm completely sure.

Yes, we appreciate that, but as I say despite player mods coming on board to do that sort of stuff, the "real" communication has gone down not up.

bam bam.
03-26-2015, 05:25 AM
What qualifies as important these days?, not much works, nothing goes according to plan, rewards are screwed up and bots are running rampant. All of this is consistent as is the lack of accurate info from the guys who get paid to communicate with us. The game is dead outside of the ego auction house.

Agent Orange
03-26-2015, 06:03 AM

Thanks HR, appreciate all that you try and do for us. I wish though that a particular player mod would stop trying to answer our posts because they cause a lot more harm than good and it reflects poorly on all player mods. Yes they have improved a lot since this issue was brought to light but sometimes I really wish they would stay out of this forum.

Agent Orange
03-26-2015, 06:10 AM

Exactly, and they can't tell us this because these same upper level managers would just replace them with others. To the person talking about the old Funzio days, we started out with CC then came MW followed by KA and I think a fourth before being sold to gree. Now look at the number of forums and players two people need to manage oh and also Facebook so the workload is expanding exponentially.

Yes it is a good thing I don't run gree because if I did I would be ashamed by the way the customer base suffers because of incompetent upper management or perhaps the real problem is at the top of the food chain.

Relic
03-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Thanks HR, appreciate all that you try and do for us. I wish though that a particular player mod would stop trying to answer our posts because they cause a lot more harm than good and it reflects poorly on all player mods. Yes they have improved a lot since this issue was brought to light but sometimes I really wish they would stay out of this forum.

You should PM Clem or me about this, AO. It's part of our jobs to do look into matters of this nature.

Merc_mw
03-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Relic,
Could you share a little behind the curtain so we could better understand the process and (perhaps) be more understanding of the perceived non responsiveness/delays?

For example: something isn't working

Forums are abuzz
You see it
You ask for tickets
Then
... To developers?
Developers...?
When/do you see reports?
How often are internal updates provided?
What should the end users expect publicly?
What should ticket submitters expect?

That kind of thing. I think if you (Clem, you, and whomever else has a position at GREE) could iron that out and post it as a sticky/closed thread under "Players Should Expect". It could end much of the misunderstanding turned attack or whines that the rest of us have to navigate thru; as well as make Hell Raizers unpaid job much easier.

Or you could just let us know GREE would rather not. (This is the third or fourth time I've put this forth to assorted paid mods).

Relic
03-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Hi,

I'll give the quick(ish) version:

OK, the forums are abuzz because there's an issue - our first course of action is to find out if it's known because often the first time we hear of an issue it's here on the forums. If it's known we let you know. If it isn't we let the team know so they can address it. That's when we tell you -- much to the dislike of many -- that the team is investigating and/or working on it. We say this because that's all we know.

Investigating an issue can take some time because an issue has to be reproduced before it can be fixed. When it's fixed we will tell you, but sometimes you all are (thankfully) very quick to post if something is working before we do since there's only two of us. It's always best to submit tickets to CS with all the information you can provide on a problem, including screen shots. This helps the team identify the problem they're investigating. Plus, the more tickets we receive on an issue, the faster it will be prioritized. If we receive five tickets on one issue, and 20 on another, it makes sense to work on the issue with more tickets -- another reason why contacting Customer Support is so very important. When there is an issue that has several tickets, it can take a while for a reply because the CS department is inundated with them -- plus they are answered in the order they are received. We also ask that only one ticket is submitted by each of you on an issue. If you submit several for the same issue, the tickets will be merged into the first one and that's when you'll see that your tickets have been closed without a response. The original ticket is still open, though, and they will address it.

Reporting feedback happens quite frequently. Clem and I like the feedback threads we've stickied because it's easier and quicker to gather data from one thread instead of many. That's not to say that we don't report feedback on other threads -- we do -- it would just be SUPER nice if everyone put feedback in the designated threads because it makes our jobs a heck of a lot easier. This is why we'll often merge a new thread with feedback into the stickied ones we've provided. We report feedback no less than weekly, but since I've started working here I can't think of one week where we didn't submit feedback more often than that. Once we submit reports to the developers, it's pretty much out of our hands. Even if the feedback is the same week to week, it's good that it is submitted so the devs can see that it's an ongoing request/suggestion/issue. Clem and I are happy to send up feedback, it's part of our jobs and we enjoy advocating for you guys.

When it comes to feedback (and the forums) we always ask that it is constructive and concise. It doesn't help us when someone posts that we're idiots or the thread goes off-topic. It just makes it more difficult for us to get the information we need to send to the dev teams because we have to A) sort through it, and B) enforce forum rules that are violated. Every time someone submits a post that is against the rules, (off-topic, trolling, spamming, etc) they are delaying us from helping you and getting our reports done. The people who do this should frustrate you as much as they do us, and you should try very hard not to be "that guy." :p

tl;dr - Clem and I make every effort to communicate updates when we get them. Things can happen pretty quickly, and if more than one game is having an issue, we can lag behind because we're putting out more than one fire at a time. When people break forum rules, it just makes it worse for everyone. PLEASE STAHP!

And now I'm off to fight the aforementioned fires. I hope that helps you all understand things a bit better from our side of things.

Be well.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-26-2015, 12:25 PM

You are doing precisely as you say.
You clearly understand your purpose and your mission.
You perform it exceedingly well.
If only .... (I must censor myself here, or else)
You're setting a great example, but .... (I must censor myself here, or else)
Thank you for performing your "mod" duties in an exceptional manner.

Relic
03-26-2015, 02:17 PM
You are doing precisely as you say.
You clearly understand your purpose and your mission.
You perform it exceedingly well.
If only .... (I must censor myself here, or else)
You're setting a great example, but .... (I must censor myself here, or else)
Thank you for performing your "mod" duties in an exceptional manner.

If you think your sarcasm has flown under my radar, you're wrong. Stop with the insults. Please.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-26-2015, 02:30 PM
If you think your sarcasm has flown under my radar, you're wrong. Stop with the insults. Please.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was sincere in complimenting HellRaizer. He does exactly as he says. I find that very refreshing, and he does possess hands on knowledge of the game. He does understand his role, and as far as I'm concerned, I have nothing negative to say about him. I censored myself so I wouldn't insult anyone.

What did I post that in anyway insulted anyone?

Relic
03-26-2015, 02:41 PM
Fair enough. I'll take you on your word.

Talahaski
03-26-2015, 03:00 PM
Some good discussion here.

I agree bashing and insulting and posting off-topic spam is annoying. I hate having to read thru multiple pages of spam just to get the information I'm really looking for.

Player mods are great for handling general gaming questions and helping out newbies and I think they are doing just fine. I don't expect them to put out fires or fix issues with the game.

I also agree that 2 Community Managers is not enough. This is a 24 hour game and there is no way 2 people working (I assume 40 hour work week) could possibly handle monitoring for fires 24/7. From what I notice, issues that occur during the weekend seem to be an area when communication is at its worst.

I'm not blaming the mods or community managers. I think you guys take a lot of heat and sometimes the perceived lack of communication might be caused by Developers not being available (weekend) or developers not providing updates back to you so you can relay them to us.

In some cases when there is an issue that is being worked on and your team has responded to a thread, it can be very hard for people to "find" that response and therefore they might assume there is no response. If a thread turns into 20 pages of complaints and maybe 2 valid responses on page 8 of 20, its very easy for those response to get missed by somebody scanning the forum. My suggestion on this is not to sticky the original 20 page thread, but instead create a new locked sticky thread stating a summary of the problem and a summary of the response. No other comments, so everything is easy to find and clear to the reader. That single post can be edited with feedback from developers as it comes in.

I think there was a lot of confusion during this past EB and I think it would of been good to have seen some more communication. By Friday night it because clear people could farm past 150 and sky rocket their stats. It was not clear if this was intended (March Madness) or if this was a bug. There were multiple post on the forum, most of which by people trying to justify it was valid. It was not until the end of day 5 that I saw any communication about this event. The honest people who thought it might be a glitch sustained from farming past 150 for the weekend and Monday. By Tuesday most of us assumed it was valid because you had a full work day (Monday) to claim otherwise and we did not see any post. The people who "thought" it was valid up front, went all out farming all weekend long. In this case, it would have been nice to have seen some communication.

FYI - this thread is about communication, not about the EB event specifically, so no need to spam off-topic comments or accuse me of whining because that's not what this is about...It's sad I have to say this.

Relic
03-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Some good discussion here.

I agree bashing and insulting and posting off-topic spam is annoying. I hate having to read thru multiple pages of spam just to get the information I'm really looking for.

Player mods are great for handling general gaming questions and helping out newbies and I think they are doing just fine. I don't expect them to put out fires or fix issues with the game.

I also agree that 2 Community Managers is not enough. This is a 24 hour game and there is no way 2 people working (I assume 40 hour work week) could possibly handle monitoring for fires 24/7. From what I notice, issues that occur during the weekend seem to be an area when communication is at its worst.

I'm not blaming the mods or community managers. I think you guys take a lot of heat and sometimes the perceived lack of communication might be caused by Developers not being available (weekend) or developers not providing updates back to you so you can relay them to us.

In some cases when there is an issue that is being worked on and your team has responded to a thread, it can be very hard for people to "find" that response and therefore they might assume there is no response. If a thread turns into 20 pages of complaints and maybe 2 valid responses on page 8 of 20, its very easy for those response to get missed by somebody scanning the forum. My suggestion on this is not to sticky the original 20 page thread, but instead create a new locked sticky thread stating a summary of the problem and a summary of the response. No other comments, so everything is easy to find and clear to the reader. That single post can be edited with feedback from developers as it comes in.

I think there was a lot of confusion during this past EB and I think it would of been good to have seen some more communication. By Friday night it because clear people could farm past 150 and sky rocket their stats. It was not clear if this was intended (March Madness) or if this was a bug. There were multiple post on the forum, most of which by people trying to justify it was valid. It was not until the end of day 5 that I saw any communication about this event. The honest people who thought it might be a glitch sustained from farming past 150 for the weekend and Monday. By Tuesday most of us assumed it was valid because you had a full work day (Monday) to claim otherwise and we did not see any post. The people who "thought" it was valid up front, went all out farming all weekend long. In this case, it would have been nice to have seen some communication.

FYI - this thread is about communication, not about the EB event specifically, so no need to spam off-topic comments or accuse me of whining because that's not what this is about...It's sad I have to say this.

Thank you for all your comments here, Talahaski, they're appreciated.

For what it's worth, we have stickied a new thread with an issue when existing threads were in place. Normally I'd lock the existing threads and direct everyone to comment on the official stickied one; however, that was questioned as well. I plan on continuing to do it, though, if I have the time to actually post a stickied thread. I think it's better to have comments in the official post.

It's not always an easy spot to be in as a CM. We are often criticized on every new approach we take. Criticism is good when it's constructive but very often it's not. The community is frustrated and through the frustration, our best intentions as CM's aren't even visible. Hopefully that will change in time - Clem and I are certainly working hard to try and make it that way! :D

sstuutss
03-26-2015, 04:48 PM
I was sincere in complimenting HellRaizer.
+1 for what its worth. I may not always agree with him, but he is doing his job well.

For what it's worth, we have stickied a new thread with an issue when existing threads were in place. Normally I'd lock the existing threads and direct everyone to comment on the official stickied one; however, that was questioned as well. I plan on continuing to do it, though, if I have the time to actually post a stickied thread. I think it's better to have comments in the official post.

Ummm that would be me :) .
Sure the sticky thread is a good idea(though they are halfway down the page atm)
Sure an official responce is a great idea.(lack of official responce is a big issue around here)
I just take issue with you closing the thread that bought said issue to your attention. Why not sticky the first thread on the issue(lets face it its not going to be a mod that finds the issue. I wouldnt expect them to, ther'e meant to be wotking not playing 24/7 ;) ). you can make your reply the second post if you feel the need and edit the title if you feel we won't be able to work it out. To do otherwise I feel is misleaing in itself.

bam bam.
03-26-2015, 05:13 PM

Haha, he tricked you.

It is nice to see you here and talking as a respectful human being rather than a mini dictator who has the "power" as mods have in the past. I know this part of the cycle where you talk and we be nice then next is you going back to ignoring as due to lack of man power and the fact that we are Internet crazies so who cares???.

The game has gone too far, there really is no way to save it or even reign back inflation. Soon it will have to default like Greece and start again. I just wish we were listened to starting from about 2 years ago. This gaming model as it was at the start was brilliant. Now, 10 million events (with the rare one that isn't full of glitches and mistakes) run at any given time has brought about the death of the two paced game which was a lot of fun (spend hours tapping and be within 10-15% of the spenders who pay and do it all right now). That was the model that could last. Luckily ego auction house makes up for poor programming around these parts. The company is lucky their incompetence is rewarded by guys who would rather outspend each other than have a game run from a stable platform and producing quality on a consistent basis.

DieselPowered
03-26-2015, 05:32 PM
First off, thank you mods! Paid and unpaid alike. What can we, as players, do to get the gree management to hire more help? From the best that i can tell, the problem lies not in the mods responding but lack of word from the developers, and lack of programming skills (or at least not enough help in the programming demands). With multiple games for developers to work on, and mods to communicate, it appears to be very difficult for the limited staff to handle the workload. Im sure the profits from this game are more than capable of hiring a few more people. Not to mention that if there were less bugs in the programming and events starting/ending on time, there would be less confusion and less of a workload for mods. So what can we do, whos email do we need to bombard, snailmail sent, etc to the gree executives to get some more help to get this game back to the levels of expectation that we once enjoyed?

Talahaski
03-26-2015, 07:24 PM
And the reward goes to "Bam Bam" for being this first to post non-productive comments and off-topic opinion about the games inflation.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-26-2015, 08:00 PM

That's a fair place to start, and I'll take you at yours.