PDA

View Full Version : Defence profile display bug explained (I think)

pelle plutt
03-25-2015, 04:04 AM
Guys, there is a lot of talk about defense being wrong/missing etc, this is whats up as far as i can tell.

There are 3 gree bugs at play
1. Alliance defense is not working for anyone in actual attacks

2. Alliance defense is included in your defense stat under your profile view on IOS
--> assume you have 100% alliance defense boost, as that isnt working your profile stat is 100% higher then your actual stat that is used in combat (on IOS profile defense says 2bn, but only 1bn works)

3. Android profile view dont include alliance def AND Gauss cannon def boosts (gauss cannon boost actually works)
--> So an account which shows 1bn def when attacked shows much less under android profile (it will show 1bn/((1+ gauss cannon 1 boost)( 1+gauss cannon 2 boost) e.g. if you have both cannons at l10 it will show about 50% of your actual def when attacked

(this is also why android people cant see their stats increasing as they upgrade their gauss cannons (it actually does increase))

Example: My account has 6tr defense, 120% alliance def, and 2x l20 Gauss cannons
IOS profile shows: 6tr
When attacked shows: 2.7tr
Android profile shows 1.05tr

so gree please fix: Alliance defense boost actually works in combat + Android profile view includes gauss cannons and alliance defense boost

/pelle p

furey
03-25-2015, 10:09 AM
But that low number we see on android is what people see when they attack you and it is not just a display glitch. If that was the case, our defense should be winning some attacks against us. We are not. My actual defense is 800billion. People see 300 billion when they attack me. I lose everytime to people with 400 billion attack. If it is a display glitch and my correct defense of 800 billion is actually being used even though we see 300 billion then I should successfully be defending these attacks.

goblue21
03-25-2015, 10:56 AM
My Atk and Def changes a lot while hitting Bosses. It will go up a billion, then next boss i will be down 4 billion and so on. I dont know why, i just keep hitting!

Mcdoc
03-25-2015, 01:28 PM
My Atk and Def changes a lot while hitting Bosses. It will go up a billion, then next boss i will be down 4 billion and so on. I dont know why, i just keep hitting!

Probable cause:

Some ideas on the "fluctuation"

1) the random dice roll factor explained in my post last week about skill points. Check it out and you will see how your points can fluctuate UP or DOWN from your raw Alliance Attack based on Skill Points x Fixed Numeral x Randmon Dice Roll which could result in a negative number.

2). There are bonuses which allow you to bring in more allies and bonuses which deduct the number of allies on your opponent. That's why if you check the battle result screen - you might see 525 allies for you and 465 for your opponent - but the next rival will have a different number of allies - which translates to number of units brought into battle - based on the bonuses they have accumulated hat affect Allie count.

Lots and lots of variables in play :-)

For a more complete explanation of skill points:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?113653-Skill-Points-Straight-from-the-Programmers-Complicated-Explanation-EASY-Answer&p=1487988&viewfull=1#post1487988

pelle plutt
03-25-2015, 02:04 PM
But that low number we see on android is what people see when they attack you and it is not just a display glitch. If that was the case, our defense should be winning some attacks against us. We are not. My actual defense is 800billion. People see 300 billion when they attack me. I lose everytime to people with 400 billion attack. If it is a display glitch and my correct defense of 800 billion is actually being used even though we see 300 billion then I should successfully be defending these attacks.

Whats your alliance def boost, and what are your gauss cannon levels?

Agent Orange
03-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Do you think they could be turning skill points on and off doing some sort of 'testing'?

pelle plutt
03-25-2015, 02:16 PM
not on the live platform, thats what the beta is for

concerning the fluctuation, the dice factor is still ridiculously low, in my experience it fluctuates less then 1% up and down per hit

Agent Orange
03-25-2015, 02:17 PM
not on the live platform, thats what the beta is for

We ARE the beta….

Rolinz
03-25-2015, 02:46 PM
It is called the GREE MATH EFFECT and/or GREE DISPLAY GLITCH!!!

They will neither deny or confirm such problems if they do exist.

They will post "working as intended" instead.

pelle plutt
03-26-2015, 02:23 AM
rolinz, i like your new signature =)

bobthebuilder654
04-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Bump for the devs to fix this problem.

Sheldor Sir
04-04-2015, 11:20 AM
still can't get how faction who's strongest player def was over 150 Bil lower than my defence can beat me 39 times!

Ozymandias
04-04-2015, 11:22 AM
still can't get how faction who's strongest player def was over 150 Bil lower than my defence can beat me 39 times!

Cos his attack was higher than your defence?

Sheldor Sir
04-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Ive been looking at rivals list not seen anyone with Atk 'that' much higher than Def!! new buildings have help my def more than atk

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-04-2015, 03:51 PM
There are many, many assorted boosts of all manner that ONLY the other player can see.
You can't see them.
You have no way to know what those special, super secret, super powerful boosts are.
Some are attached to units, some are part of buildings, some are temporary to the player and/or the faction.

You just have no way of knowing.

You'll never figure it out, except to say that no one can be 100% sure.

In the end, you get fake attacked by some fake avatar against your fake avatar, so what.

Your avatar isn't destroyed, or even disabled.
If the little yellow light is off, swipe your strong, powerful tapping finger across the affected area, all better.

Its just a game, don't get it all twisted, because even those who created this thing have no clue about all they've done.

Sheldor Sir
04-04-2015, 11:58 PM
LMAO don't give a fig really i only do WD for fun with my accounts if I can be arsed an then only to get med packs

Ozymandias
04-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Ive been looking at rivals list not seen anyone with Atk 'that' much higher than Def!! new buildings have help my def more than atk

My ATTACK is 50% more than my defence. Plus which defence are you referring to? The one you see or the real one that others see..

Sheldor Sir
04-05-2015, 06:43 AM
I just go by what I see �� my atk used to be way higher but the 3 buildings I've got have made def higher than atk now but who knows all I see is their def (181bil) when I and I know my def shows as 330+ met them twice now lost both but not bothered about win/lose really just would be nice if GreeD had actually used real math