PDA

View Full Version : Add commas between every 3 0's please

Calzs
03-23-2015, 01:03 PM
This makes it so much easier when working out the cost. Please add this.

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-23-2015, 01:59 PM
This makes it so much easier when working out the cost. Please add this.

I say they should fix the 11 figure syndicate donation bug first. Sooo annoying. Have to split donations up in to 10 figure donations. Sigh. #FirstWorldProblems

Max Power
03-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Hell yes. Especially on the phone, it's damn hard to see if someone has 300 million defense or 3 billion.

Weasel
03-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Hell yes. Especially on the phone, it's damn hard to see if someone has 300 million defense or 3 billion.

It's very unlikely you will ever have to make that distinction. If you normally see people on your rivals list around either end of that spectrum, you're not likely going to see the other end.

OP was talking about cash anyways, and IMO it makes no difference either way. Your finger is right there, use it to cover a few numerical digits and it becomes pretty obvious how many figures you're looking at. It wouldn't hurt anything to have the commas, unless adding them falls under the category of "we can't do it because it causes other things to break".

I'd rather they spend their valuable time fixing things that are actually broken, like the fact that sometimes rival hoods fail to load properly (giant white squares replacing buildings, or only building level icons load, etc.), but I would have no complaints if they threw in the commas. Assuming it didn't break more stuff, obviously.

wawoftam
03-23-2015, 04:42 PM
not fussed with the $'s but the stats really need something as on the phone it's impossible for us with older eyes. I log onto wife ipad now and then just to see what my stats are lol

Dipstik
03-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Why make it easier on people? If it's too small, you're too old.

Vile Lynn
03-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Meh, when my fingertip covers up the last 3 digits, I can see if it is millions or billions.
At least we don't have that "display error" where 100M looks like 10M.

KISS. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-23-2015, 10:36 PM
Why make it easier on people? If it's too small, you're too old.

That's what she said.

Jeronimo
03-24-2015, 12:01 AM
That's what she said.

To you, right?

Winnson
03-24-2015, 12:56 AM
We need braille!

Max Power
03-24-2015, 06:08 AM
It's very unlikely you will ever have to make that distinction. If you normally see people on your rivals list around either end of that spectrum, you're not likely going to see the other end.

OP was talking about cash anyways, and IMO it makes no difference either way. Your finger is right there, use it to cover a few numerical digits and it becomes pretty obvious how many figures you're looking at. It wouldn't hurt anything to have the commas, unless adding them falls under the category of "we can't do it because it causes other things to break".

I'd rather they spend their valuable time fixing things that are actually broken, like the fact that sometimes rival hoods fail to load properly (giant white squares replacing buildings, or only building level icons load, etc.), but I would have no complaints if they threw in the commas. Assuming it didn't break more stuff, obviously.

I would like the commas everywhere, because that is how the world works, and I don't spend much time in rivals lists, but I can tell you with the insane Boss drops over in MW right now, my rivals list ranges from 150 million to over a billion, so yes, I do run into it. And there will always be fixes more important, forthcoming or not. I don't care. I am not gonna turn down Scarlett Johanson because Jessica Alba might call back.

And in regards to cash, yes, with upgrades going from the hundreds of millions into the billions, I would like to see commas there as well.

TheJess
03-24-2015, 06:10 AM
Voted yes, but probably won't happen due to technical limitations.

Weasel
03-24-2015, 06:45 AM
I would like the commas everywhere, because that is how the world works, and I don't spend much time in rivals lists, but I can tell you with the insane Boss drops over in MW right now, my rivals list ranges from 150 million to over a billion, so yes, I do run into it. And there will always be fixes more important, forthcoming or not. I don't care. I am not gonna turn down Scarlett Johanson because Jessica Alba might call back.

And in regards to cash, yes, with upgrades going from the hundreds of millions into the billions, I would like to see commas there as well.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/18/18df2b56513f75a0930a1b8f8eada16b1acb44ed986b69144e 9f0abb8b2c5b33.jpg

Max Power
03-24-2015, 07:24 AM
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/18/18df2b56513f75a0930a1b8f8eada16b1acb44ed986b69144e 9f0abb8b2c5b33.jpg

Hardly.

The question was asked, and I answered with what I preferred.

I could easily post that image after 90% of your posts.

Dipstik
03-24-2015, 07:26 AM
I saw no names...

Skywall
03-24-2015, 07:37 AM
I still don't understand why this is not in the game already. It's such a basic necessity.

Weasel
03-24-2015, 07:47 AM
A quick google search indicates that adding thousands separators when writing code can cause bugs/problems which then need to be corrected.

We all know how long it takes Gree to correct bugs, can we just not ask them to make changes that have a high probability of resulting in even more problems? Great, thanks.

Winnson
03-24-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm sure I have commas now and have for a while.

Winnson
03-24-2015, 09:37 AM
Oh I'm just thinking ATT and DEF. I don't need commas on stuff we buy yet I don't think.

Let me think a sec.

Nah I'm good. I'm grateful for the comma separators in opponent stats though.