PDA

View Full Version : Epic Boss Failure

Ranger89
03-21-2015, 09:22 PM
Dear Gree:

You have completely ruined the game with this CRAZY stat inflation in the Epic Boss Event.

I've been playing Modern War for 2 1/2 years now (about 936 days). I've slowly fought and scratched and clawed my way up to 15 billion attack stats by joining various factions, building money and boost buildings and by participating in various events to gain powerful units. I was proud of my work. Happy with the fruits of my labor. I've logged in and played almost every day over the past 2.5 years. Hell, I even purchased gold to advance myself in the game at times, thinking $20-$60 dollars was a small price to pay for a game that I enjoyed so much.

In 2.5 years I gained 15 billion attack power. In the past 2.5 DAYS I've gained 985 billion in attack power. I'm now at 1.08 TRILLION! What took many of us years to build, you created the conditions that allowed people to match that in 2-3 days.

Was this stupidity, an accident or just the final "last supper" before you pull the plug on your epic failure, giving us a final meal before you pull the plug?

P.S. I stopped buying gold in October 2014 when you screwed up the Grim Harvest FLTQ event.

major willy
03-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Cry me a river. You know to the date how many days you played. Lmao. Looser. Just quit then.

Tony81
03-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Cry me a river. You know to the date how many days you played. Lmao. Looser. Just quit then.

Apparently the ability to combine reading an email and doing simple math makes a person loose.

Just keep tapping like I am. Enjoy the teammates and when the game dies, it dies. Truth is, a week after its gone, we won't care. I enjoy helping my "friends" succeed at a fake game. Sounds silly but that's why I play. In the end, I couldn't care less what gree does. I've had to give up on that a LONG time ago.

Pidgeot
03-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Hey, I did the same thing. I've been on my grind for a long time to also gain a 15 billion attack stat. Games change. In trading card games, the meta changes every 2 or 3 months when a new set is released "devaluing" my gains from the last set. Its called Power Creep and companies do it to make money. This game was getting stale for me so this is a good change.

You, like every other player has the same chances to get the same units so if you want to get to 150 billion, you better get on your grind. Complain when its needed because this time, it's not.

Ranger89
03-21-2015, 09:46 PM
You, like every other player has the same chances to get the same units so if you want to get to 150 billion, you better get on your grind. Complain when its needed because this time, it's not.

True... however, folks who invested 2-3 years in the game have seen their advances erased in a whim. Yes, we can tap, tap, tap away to get 1 Trillion stats like everyone else. You might end up with 1.0 Trillion and I'll have 1.015 trillion, based on my years of playing, which seems quite odd.

Complaining, yes, I suppose. And you can argue that you get what you pay for. Since I'm paying $0 for this game, I'm just going with the flow these days, but that doesn't mean Gree's actions don't warrant criticism.

Pidgeot
03-21-2015, 10:19 PM
True... however, folks who invested 2-3 years in the game have seen their advances erased in a whim. Yes, we can tap, tap, tap away to get 1 Trillion stats like everyone else. You might end up with 1.0 Trillion and I'll have 1.015 trillion, based on my years of playing, which seems quite odd.

Complaining, yes, I suppose. And you can argue that you get what you pay for. Since I'm paying $0 for this game, I'm just going with the flow these days, but that doesn't mean Gree's actions don't warrant criticism.

No game would be played if it did not change. Would you still be playing Sonic the Hedgehog 1 after 20 if they made another sonic game with the same everything. It would get boring. People invest in the game at the current time and pay for whats given at that time. Those people playing for that long also can make the same advancement with the units.

RAMNUTS
03-21-2015, 10:31 PM

YOU ARE THE LOSER! Why do you feel the need to bully and berate someone just for expressing how they feel? I also noticed that he knew (down to the day) how long he has been playing but that it what makes him... him. I am sorry for you that you obviously feel so bad about yourself that you must verbally assault others to relieve your spent up anger so you can feel better about yourself. If you can't type anything without being mean then Don't Type!

I hear you Ranger, although my stats aren't quite that big, its making everything I worked for the past year obsolete but that's what makes the world go round! Twelve months from now they will probably have 500 million a/d units.

Spetsnaz
03-21-2015, 11:22 PM
The rewards and their stat increase are not showing up on ios but when I open up the same account on droid the units and stat increases are there.

DiggerDamo
03-21-2015, 11:36 PM
Over that 2.5 years you have obtained many boosts. These boosts and all that hard work still apply. New users aren't going to get the same stats as you because they don't have all of the boosts to go with it.

ju100
03-22-2015, 01:28 AM
Over that 2.5 years you have obtained many boosts. These boosts and all that hard work still apply. New users aren't going to get the same stats as you because they don't have all of the boosts to go with it.

Finally! A post with some sense! thank you!

OP, do you believe everyone will go to the Trillion stats? Think again...

Vegaman
03-22-2015, 04:01 AM
Enjoy it, snort it up, roll in it, rub it on your gums or just main line it... GREE are getting many many High on this powerful mix

garen argon
03-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Finally! A post with some sense! thank you!

OP, do you believe everyone will go to the Trillion stats? Think again...

if you are in a decent faction; with decent boosts; and have capitalized on the massive raw stat increase from this cycle...then yes;over time they will.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-22-2015, 03:11 PM

Yes, boostesses DEW help those fake stats very much.
However, remember that old song, The Old Grey Mare?
Well, this latest GAMING TSUNAMI has also offered a very effective way to counter those old boostesses.
Just check out those gold boostesses that can be procured using FREE video gold, and that Gree appreciation gold that some smart players saved.
How DEW I know?
Let's just say, I don't play, I conduct experiments.
My experiments say there are many ways to play this game.
The behemoths will never encounter my tiny giants. LOL

Comrade John
03-22-2015, 04:40 PM
the thing that veterans get from this game is the % increases that older units give, as that will make the newer players only reach around 1 billion, and the older players closer to trillions.

DiggerDamo
03-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Yes you could take a mini/new account kill a lot of bosses and max all the new gold boost buildings (that would take a lot of gold). This would give you one killer account. But you would still not have all of the other boosts/rewards such as + upgrades, + energy regens, + alliance att/def etc. etc.

AdamInToronto
03-22-2015, 05:30 PM
The failure of this boss event is, without exaggeration, epic.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-22-2015, 05:33 PM
Yes you could take a mini/new account kill a lot of bosses and max all the new gold boost buildings (that would take a lot of gold). This would give you one killer account. But you would still not have all of the other boosts/rewards such as + upgrades, + energy regens, + alliance att/def etc. etc.

I only state the case for those that recently started playing this game.
This latest Gree action will come to be known as Spring Tsunami!
Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins, just you wait!!!

azgrunge
03-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Yes and no. So I opened mini yesterday and it has 750 mil a and 700 mil def now. My main went up about double that on the attack side but only 25% on the defense side. But it took three years to get the main to where the mini is overnight. This is German 1920s inflation. It is unhealthy. I'd look for the game to fold fast, say within a month instead of a year or two slow burnout.

East Coast Bias
03-22-2015, 06:51 PM
This is another of those "the sky is falling" threads. Boosts are all that count. However, Gree has added another element at least for the short term - which is that if you want to keep up at least from a raw stat perspective, you better work you butt off and do 150-200 bosses per day. So in order to fix their stupidity a month ago when they gave away 1mm stat units for 1mm each, they needed to do this to flush those units the best they could. Natually, very few will get 3000 new units from the EB, but depending on how hard you try, you will be able to flush out at least 1/3 of your 3000 units. So if you snooze, then you lose. But after that, it is all about boosts, so the only two factors: (i) how many bosses you kill; and (ii) your boosts. (i) will be temporary since Gree will continue to release inflationary units, but could take two cycles for some of us to collect 3000 of them. But no, the sky is not falling. Order will be restored quickly as the only thing that matters in this game is boosts, so whatever you spent money on isn't going to waste - unless the boosts don't work due to Gree stupidity. Ahem...

Thief
03-23-2015, 08:50 AM

Yes and No. Gree completely made stats useless over the span of a year (the past year) before they released new boost buildings and it will only be a matter of time until they do it again (everyone will be able to attack everyone in game)

Also Raid Boss is based on Raw stats so everyone know will do equal damage to the raid boss (obviously those that farmed more will do more damage but time played will have no impact)

So yes my Boosts that add thousands of percentages to my stats will make me go up faster than an llp in the end i suspect none of it will matter anyways.

bashir
03-23-2015, 09:10 AM
This is another of those "the sky is falling" threads. Boosts are all that count. However, Gree has added another element at least for the short term - which is that if you want to keep up at least from a raw stat perspective, you better work you butt off and do 150-200 bosses per day. So in order to fix their stupidity a month ago when they gave away 1mm stat units for 1mm each, they needed to do this to flush those units the best they could. Natually, very few will get 3000 new units from the EB, but depending on how hard you try, you will be able to flush out at least 1/3 of your 3000 units. So if you snooze, then you lose. But after that, it is all about boosts, so the only two factors: (i) how many bosses you kill; and (ii) your boosts. (i) will be temporary since Gree will continue to release inflationary units, but could take two cycles for some of us to collect 3000 of them. But no, the sky is not falling. Order will be restored quickly as the only thing that matters in this game is boosts, so whatever you spent money on isn't going to waste - unless the boosts don't work due to Gree stupidity. Ahem...

Agree 100%

Mikelord
03-23-2015, 10:58 AM
I am currently thinking about quitting this game because I don't want to play tap tap to 150 bosses thats too much when u got a busy life, and yes I agree what it took us all 2/3 years to make has been undone over 2/3 days..... That was the nerve that made it so unsettling.... I would YES have to tap tap tap... Just like everyone else to take advantage... But that's what gree wants, is us to be sucked into the game 24/7 doing their events and getting that "daily login number" up that the devs was talking about... They judge to run an event based off the money it makes and the login it generates.... And if I don't play excessively then I fall behind. And that is when I think the straw broke the camels back for me..... MW is slowly on its way out... Expecially when faction members are like I jumped from 30billion to 140billion in a day.... Like wow... Yea, great... But not for me.

goblue21
03-23-2015, 11:41 AM
I am currently thinking about quitting this game because I don't want to play tap tap to 150 bosses thats too much when u got a busy life, and yes I agree what it took us all 2/3 years to make has been undone over 2/3 days..... That was the nerve that made it so unsettling.... I would YES have to tap tap tap... Just like everyone else to take advantage... But that's what gree wants, is us to be sucked into the game 24/7 doing their events and getting that "daily login number" up that the devs was talking about... They judge to run an event based off the money it makes and the login it generates.... And if I don't play excessively then I fall behind. And that is when I think the straw broke the camels back for me..... MW is slowly on its way out... Expecially when faction members are like I jumped from 30billion to 140billion in a day.... Like wow... Yea, great... But not for me.

then leave....I am so sick of people complaining about what gree should/shouldn't, has/hasn't done. Just leave if you dont like it anymore...or shut up and play the game. Tap Tap Tap

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-23-2015, 11:46 AM

I was too, then a miracle came upon us. LOL

gazoo
03-23-2015, 04:43 PM
I agree. Spend real money to grow bigger shouldn't get whipped away over night. Not only that, what is going to happen next wd when player at level 100 are the same as everyone else. Level 300+ players screwed again

Pidgeot
03-23-2015, 05:29 PM
I agree. Spend real money to grow bigger shouldn't get whipped away over night. Not only that, what is going to happen next wd when player at level 100 are the same as everyone else. Level 300+ players screwed again

Those who spend big still have the advantage. The get every boost and every unit. All this really does is separates those of us who are daily active from those who aren't. This puts players into tiers and if you want to remain competitive then farm.

groovy shags
03-23-2015, 07:33 PM

I finally spent some cash on this game. But it wasn't to buy gold. I employed my son to kill bosses for me. Spent $5 and caught up to players spending thousands! Priceless!

crazeejay
03-23-2015, 07:45 PM
I finally spent some cash on this game. But it wasn't to buy gold. I employed my son to kill bosses for me. Spent $5 and caught up to players spending thousands! Priceless!

LMAO!!! well played sir!