PDA

View Full Version : Stat inflation again?

HellRaizer
03-21-2015, 06:33 AM
With these new units being awarded. Have we hit another round in the stat inflation?

I was sure this had been asked during an AMA, so I went hunting. Just curious what the current course for stat inflation is::

When the decision was made a few years ago to start pushing up the value of rewards I’m not sure any of the people around thought the game would last this long! I wasn’t here at that time, so unfortunately I can’t ask them whether it was supposed to lead to stats in the billions. That being said, players may not realize this, but the inflation of stats in percentage terms has been extremely consistent (a few short accelerations and slowdowns aside) for the past few years, so ultimately, the inflation of stats was a predictable outcome of the prizes we were awarding for our events. We should have done a better job planning ahead for some of the user interface issues that occurred and keeping a better handle on the progression.

Ozymandias
03-21-2015, 07:24 AM
Yeah.. But it's the "short accelerations" (usually after a series of balls ups) that do the damage

sstuutss
03-21-2015, 07:30 AM
Yes my theory is its to wind back some.of the valor glitch by making those units worth less. Of course it will remain just that, a theory, as gree(amongst others) seem unable to give a simple answer to a simple question.