PDA

View Full Version : Fusable war epics

Kangaroeland
03-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Im gonna assume this is a mistake on your end like the previous ones. If not... why? Why would you do that? Heroic was made ridiculously hard so now you release bad stats old war epics to compensate? I dont get it but it pisses me off. Please consider removing these if it was planned because i dont see why war epics should be obtainable by everyone.

Wanted to add more but would be negative and rude so ill keep it at this.

Edit: its loads aswell so im gonna assume it was planned. **** that i dont care if i sound elitist or whatever people will call me i always liked how war epics where special and not everyone would have them.

roookey1
03-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Can you explain it to me because I don't get it: the value of every sprite sold in this game shrinks by the week. Whether armor is 'war armor' or not, it's the stats that count. Why shouldn't an armor that has been surpassed in stats by chest or eben EB+ armor be available for fusion, whatever it's original source?

I can understand the development of some kind of 'happy bond' to the armor for a few weeks after winning it, but after that, I would consider as a sign of sanity if these ties gradually start to decline until it can be seen as what it is again: a virtual suit with att/def values. Maybe it would help to prevent suffering for the players to make screen recordings of themselves receiving the armor and then to note in their smartphone diary: 'bought myself xyz nutplate for knights & dragons in an auction called 'war' for only $450 today, only 1,000 other players got it on the same day'. I know, it's nasty to say that, but it's true. :p

Fun aside, there haven't been many new fusibles or chest armors lately, while latest war armor starts to almost become unbeatable even by many of the newer epics, so I can understand Gree's move to keep the game at least somewhat balanced.

Regretz
03-20-2015, 10:10 PM
R u seriously ranting about this Kanga? Simple economics... once an item ( in this case the old war epics) has been around for a while the price/demand of said item tends to drop. The fact that they r fusable now makes sense, as theyre outdated and some other fusable epics r stronger than them.

It seems the problem u have is some higher, false sense of entitlement since u bought it at its peak, per se. Is that also sentimental attachment I sense from u? Theyre pixels. No actual monetary value irl. As I stated in a previous post in another thread, theres a fine line between playing this game as a hobby to pass time and occassionally a bit more, and having an addiction to it. It seems ur addicted and think of urself as "better" and entitled to more bcuz u spend more. Theres help out there for u. Im sure u, and the others like u, can find a KNDA support group to help u overcome this addiction. We all wish u the best and r rooting for ur speedy recovery Kanga!

With Love,
Regretz

Marco_
03-21-2015, 04:13 AM
Can you explain it to me because I don't get it: the value of every sprite sold in this game shrinks by the week. Whether armor is 'war armor' or not, it's the stats that count. Why shouldn't an armor that has been surpassed in stats by chest or eben EB+ armor be available for fusion, whatever it's original source?

I can understand the development of some kind of 'happy bond' to the armor for a few weeks after winning it, but after that, I would consider as a sign of sanity if these ties gradually start to decline until it can be seen as what it is again: a virtual suit with att/def values. Maybe it would help to prevent suffering for the players to make screen recordings of themselves receiving the armor and then to note in their smartphone diary: 'bought myself xyz nutplate for knights & dragons in an auction called 'war' for only $450 today, only 1,000 other players got it on the same day'. I know, it's nasty to say that, but it's true. :p

Some other people buy "limited edition" versions of physical things, even though to outsiders the price difference to a "regular edition" would absolutely not be worth it.
People just want to own something exclusive/unique...

Kangaroeland
03-21-2015, 06:55 AM
Exactly, and i dont think of myself of any of those things but i knew you might ;). Im perfectly fine playing this game and most of the time its F2P thats why i was so pissed over heroic. I just want my useless horde wargear to be special.

Ant venom
03-21-2015, 06:59 AM
Exactly, and i dont think of myself of any of those things but i knew you might ;). Im perfectly fine playing this game and most of the time its F2P thats why i was so pissed over heroic. I just want my useless horde wargear to be special.

Lol, but u do know that f2p can give u a war epic, I mean f2p during the War of Technomancers in which an f2p went t10 and got those two epics, and compare that to the $20 Armor Pack and what is the problem now?

Cheers;
Ant venom

dust92
03-21-2015, 09:40 AM
I believe that war epics should be unique . There are dozens of epics from chests that can be made fusible .
War epic should be unique and meaningful in some way .
Just imagine that you win a shiny gold medal from Olympic , then a few days later many people can get it by other way easily . How do you feel ?

Regretz
03-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Dust, plz do not compare the olympics to KnD in any way. The olympics requires years of hard work and dedication to compete in, KnD requires cash and a lack of a social life during wars/raids. Whereas in the olympics u gotta be physically fit, I doubt 1/4 of the "big dogs of KnD" are. I applaud u for trying, but next time compare 2 things that actually have something in common.

Phill - Immortal GM
03-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Dust, plz do not compare the olympics to KnD in any way. The olympics requires years of hard work and dedication to compete in, KnD requires cash and a lack of a social life during wars/raids. Whereas in the olympics u gotta be physically fit, I doubt 1/4 of the "big dogs of KnD" are. I applaud u for trying, but next time compare 2 things that actually have something in common.

Whilst I still see my ww2 reference (you will remember?) adequate, here I must agree that the olympics reference is not very applicable.

Anyway, Kang I already gave you my opinion on this and it's pretty much what Regretz wrote above. Sooner or later it is bound to happen and even if those were once received after warring for them, waiting almost 6 or even more months for it to be fusible does seem OK.

As long as epics that were released 2 or 3 cycles ago aren't made fusible I have no issue with older war epics being fusible.
Also nice incase you missed it back then, not to use it, but just to have it.

Ant venom
03-21-2015, 05:51 PM
Honestly, the war epics should also be made fusible because if it is outdated then it won't have any value. Let's take the iPhone for an example, if u had the iPhone 4, 3 years ago when it wasn't outdated it was worth a lot, but now u can just get it for free just like the war epics, they were ~$150 a year ago now they are fusible(free) and so if u see the similarity u will understand why making it fusible is OK.

Cheers;
Ant venom

Fossil
03-21-2015, 08:37 PM
it is what it is. A war epic is not any more valuable that a chest epic in my mind. All it takes is money to get either one.

Mos20
03-21-2015, 11:54 PM
Wouldn't be too worried, it seems to be nearly impossible to fuse Epics from 4 stars lately. I am up to about 40 fusions of 2 x 4 stars with no luck. I am thinking they have changed the chance of fusing Epics. Just another way to push towards buying chests etc maybe?

Kakarot
03-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Wouldn't be too worried, it seems to be nearly impossible to fuse Epics from 4 stars lately. I am up to about 40 fusions of 2 x 4 stars with no luck. I am thinking they have changed the chance of fusing Epics. Just another way to push towards buying chests etc maybe?

Confirmed.

Mos20
03-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Confirmed.

Are you confirming that fusion chance for Epic has been lowered substantially?

Kakarot
03-22-2015, 06:09 PM
Are you confirming that fusion chance for Epic has been lowered substantially?

Yes, sorry for not be precised. I haven't had a luck after the update when these new epics became fusible. Tried like 30 times without a single epic, it hasn't happened before.

Ant venom
03-22-2015, 07:21 PM
^ They probably lowered the epic fusion rate since more war epics became fusible and these epics are even from wars or raids where GREE made lots of profit, most notably Apocalypse Platemail which is often dubbed as the war epic in the War of Destitution as the so-called "most expensive war in K&D history.

Cheers;
Ant venom

Mos20
03-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Not happy! I have fused coming up to 50 times now and got nothing. Feels like I am just wasting my time. 😡

Ant venom
03-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Not happy! I have fused coming up to 50 times now and got nothing. Feels like I am just wasting my time. ��

See my previous post bro.

Ant venom

Lord P
03-23-2015, 05:52 AM
These old armors are carrots for the weak and trophies for the collectors. If these armors are 3-4 months old, I'm good. Initially I was worried about getting these old armors over something newer but I fused Undead Robes yesterday so that put my theory to rest. Carry on....... nothing to see here.