PDA

View Full Version : How to finish LTBQ?

AdamInToronto
03-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Is it just me, or is it now impossible to finish the LTBQ in the allotted time, without using gold?

The current campaign is 18 days long, but we have to build and upgrade the LTB to level 20? That's only possible if the upgrades take less than 1 day on average per level. But, starting around level 2 or 3, it takes more than 1 day per level.

Without care, I managed to get the last building to 11, but even with care, I can't see it getting beyond 14 or 15. Which sucks because this was one of the few events I was able to complete with any regularity.

truthteller
03-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Is it just me, or is it now impossible to finish the LTBQ in the allotted time, without using gold?

The current campaign is 18 days long, but we have to build and upgrade the LTB to level 20? That's only possible if the upgrades take less than 1 day on average. But, starting around level 2 or 3, it takes more than 1 day.

Without care, I managed to get the last building to 11, but even with care, I can't see it getting beyond 14 or 15. Which sucks because this was one of the few events I was able to complete with any regularity.

The whole idea of gree's making LTB level 20, is to make players (specially the gold spenders like SUP and other top 50) to SPEND gold, because gree know they will spend no matter what to finish all events and stay "competitive"

You now have to think of LTQ ad being "normal" to level 10 (we get a bonus, hope they do not start putting CRAP bonuses there) and "prestige" level 11 to level 20
in the future (if game still around) they will increase them to level 30 "masters"

Kunjan
03-18-2015, 08:16 PM
The whole idea of gree's making LTB level 20, is to make players (specially the gold spenders like SUP and other top 50) to SPEND gold, because gree know they will spend no matter what to finish all events and stay "competitive"

You now have to think of LTQ ad being "normal" to level 10 (we get a bonus, hope they do not start putting CRAP bonuses there) and "prestige" level 11 to level 20
in the future (if game still around) they will increase them to level 30 "masters"

Probably true about the potential increase to level 30 if game is still around... but by then the prestige will be the new "normal"

Oh oh Gree
03-18-2015, 09:06 PM
My level 2 upgrade takes 12 hours so not sure how good or bad my upgrade time is but the last level I stopped at 14 once I realized there was no way I could get to 20 with lite gold.

pelle plutt
03-19-2015, 03:38 AM
this is a great addition, almost all normal players can get to level 10 if they are active, real long timers and/or golders can get to level 20

in my view this is exactly how this game should be set up

Campy McCamperpants
03-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Yeah I think getting to 10 is great but the unit prizes for 11+ were really nice. I stopped at 14. Working on level 18 Zambezi Print Co :) :) :)

elangomatt
03-19-2015, 12:13 PM
I have a -61% building upgrade time bonus and I was only able to get the Control Tower up to level 16 last cycle. I might have been able to squeeze out level 17 if I had been more careful, but I doubt it. I don't know what the best possible building upgrade time reduction bonus is, but I'd wager that there are very VERY few people that could get to level 20 in the allotted time without gold.

I guess I'm ok with it the way it is as long as Gree(d) continues to give us a bonus unit at level 10/20. It was just nice having an event that I knew I could definitely complete without having to spend gold or depend on luck to get a 10th token or 8th unit for a lockbox wrapper.

Thief
03-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Like most things you gotta pay to play.

I made it to lvl 17 last time based on my time reduction bonuses but I also set clocks on when I could start my next upgrade. However I realized that after 10 its pointless unless you want to go all the way to 20 since most of the units given will be obsolete in a few months (or next week)