PDA

View Full Version : Skill Point Reset in 25 hours

& The Horse U Rode In On
03-18-2015, 11:10 AM
According to the splash screen at 12PM PDT all skill points will be reset. Discuss

CC1
03-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Reset? Reset to what? To zero or can be re-allocated?

bergmystr
03-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Get ready for LTQ energy requirements to go through the roof (more than they are now) when everyone dumps all their points into energy

LarryJackson
03-18-2015, 11:25 AM
https://i.groupme.com/576x384.jpeg.84cb158121da4126b944058f565f54b2.larg e

Rolinz
03-18-2015, 11:27 AM
I wish they would give us more information instead of the usual bare minimum information.

they could show that on the splash screens and have more detailed info here in the forums.

but, that is just wishful thinking.

CC1
03-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Get ready for LTQ energy requirements to go through the roof (more than they are now) when everyone dumps all their points into energy

That or after everyone dumps them into energy a fundamental change makes attack, defense, or stamina become the most important. Of course that won't be revealed until they're sure no one can make an informed decision.

My biggest fear is what's going to get screwed up now? Fix one issue, create two more.

Sorry for the pessimism, but it’s become a Pavlovian Response

LarryJackson
03-18-2015, 11:32 AM
I wish they would give us more information instead of the usual bare minimum information.
Wishfull thinking. They didn't even announce it, just a pop up.

It would be nice if they actually said whether they adjusted attack & defense and what skill points on those actually do.
Do they add 1 point to your attack or defense? Or do they add 1%?

We really need to know before we reallocate our points.

Tramp78
03-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Assuming (yeah, I know) that the calculations don't change, then the math would say to dump it all into energy and stamina. Probably top Stamina at 90 and put the rest in Energy. Having stamina that high was never worth all that much until the recent flood of higher dollar money buildings that resulted from the return of the Artic Drilling Platform, Anniversary Towers, etc. to the game. I have recently raided people for over $1.5 billion so dang, stamina isn't all that bad to have. But what are the opinions here? Is 90 too much? That is 30 buildings worth at one whack. ALl this assumes that attack and defense will remain useless.

CC1
03-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Can we get a moderator to share if any fundamental changes to the game are coming?

Agent Orange
03-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Might I suggest you make a screen grab of your current point distribution. What are the odds that this gets screwed up in some way....

CC1
03-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Well it didn't take long. I had timed my energy to be full by the end of WD in preparation for the presumed ltq/fltq to follow. Ten minutes ago, I was in-game, full energy and ready to go. I just logged in to find half of it gone. No, I didn't use any. It just vanished.

Tramp78
03-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Might I suggest you make a screen grab of your current point distribution. What are the odds that this gets screwed up in some way....

Good idea. Just did it.

CC1
03-18-2015, 12:20 PM

Great idea. Thanks!

Pidgeot
03-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Screenshot for the just in case. Also, should I use my banked skill points? I have 31 saved. I remember DC Universe Online having a problem that made you lose and banked skill points saved if you did a reset.

Viktor85
03-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Assuming (yeah, I know) that the calculations don't change, then the math would say to dump it all into energy and stamina. Probably top Stamina at 90 and put the rest in Energy. Having stamina that high was never worth all that much until the recent flood of higher dollar money buildings that resulted from the return of the Artic Drilling Platform, Anniversary Towers, etc. to the game. I have recently raided people for over $1.5 billion so dang, stamina isn't all that bad to have. But what are the opinions here? Is 90 too much? That is 30 buildings worth at one whack. ALl this assumes that attack and defense will remain useless.

Once you past a few hundret million IPH like me, you don't need anymore to raid. Haven't raided since my IPH was 100M.. 50 Stamina is good in my opinion. Just because a stamina refill will be used full then

ezmunie
03-18-2015, 01:02 PM
Are the attack/defense skill points going to mean anything the next time around? Or are they a total waste?

TheDanimal
03-18-2015, 01:05 PM

EXCELLENT suggestion!

Web323
03-18-2015, 01:07 PM

Yes, that is a very good idea

Web323
03-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Are the attack/defense skill points going to mean anything the next time around? Or are they a total waste?

Knowing Gree they will work again but not tell us.

Brandon Barber
03-18-2015, 01:25 PM
and so now that they finally gave us a chance to fix their eff up on the att/def skill points are us newer i.e. broker players gonna get a chance at some energy regen units or are we to just keep tapping in the hopes that we can buy more later?

Agent Orange
03-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Knowing Gree they will work again but not tell us.

That is a very good question. Currently there is some speculation that they don't, some say they might and I see that they do with specific settings. So guess the question, which in all likely hood that won't be answered is will the attack and defense skill points work or be sidelinded.

This is something we ought to be told NOW rather then after you reset them. Oh wait I bet the insiders already know this answer don't they..... Swell...

Helios Von Elisar
03-18-2015, 05:40 PM
They will probably let you do a reset anytime you want for 50 gold like they do in KA. Then you can boost your A&D for WD, then boost energy for LTQs. Stamina, mines been at 11 and I never run out. My IPH just passed 500 meg, who needs to raid.

Mrs Cash
03-18-2015, 06:47 PM
This is absurd! How do they have the stupidity to give a splash screen and no explanation? Red Foreman said it best...

East Coast Bias
03-18-2015, 07:11 PM
I find some of the comments here quite odd, putting everything into energy, stamina not being needed since you no longer raid, etc. Its as though some don't understand the workings of the game today.

Oh oh Gree
03-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Figure of no info comes out I will just exit the reset screen or add back my current energy and stamina and hold the rest until more information comes out.

NO_BS
03-18-2015, 08:19 PM
I got an account with 150 skill pts on atk/def both, and 3 others with default 1 skill pt on atk/def. Don’t seem to be any difference or impact during Pvp or WD. I guess with the stats inflation, the probability of finding someone with same attack versus defence is less than 1% of all encounters (thanks to Gree matching) so I think skill points on atk/def are no longer useful in deciding an outcome (look at your defence buildings!). Of course this is assuming status quo without Gree making other changes. As AO mentioned, critical to have a screenshot of your current points before the reset!!!!

Preacher Wolf
03-18-2015, 08:21 PM
Figure of no info comes out I will just exit the reset screen or add back my current energy and stamina and hold the rest until more information comes out.

I am doing the same thing. Waiting a couple more days won't hurt anything especially when we are use to waiting months on gree to answer our questions

BrisingrBoss
03-18-2015, 08:22 PM
Gree will change the attack/defense points and make them very relevant just to eff with us. about 2 weeks to a month after the skill reset they will put up an announcement making them relevant in some way!!!!

Bobble64
03-18-2015, 08:47 PM

This just expands your energy storage. It doesn't produce more. Don't see how that would warrant an increase in LTQ requirements. Just gives some of us extra sleep!

Sigg
03-18-2015, 09:25 PM
This just expands your energy storage. It doesn't produce more. Don't see how that would warrant an increase in LTQ requirements. Just gives some of us extra sleep!

I'll take the extra sleep!

Comrade John
03-19-2015, 05:00 AM

some of the top factions have points allocated so they lose tons of energy because of how the game went back in the day. now they will change their stats to utilize their +12 energy regen better, therefore some people will have access to more energy, which means if they dont increase requirements they can not money grub as much as possible

Cannot Connect To Server
03-19-2015, 05:03 AM
take screen caps of your points now and what u have so gree do not rob u of the extras we got along the way and so u hv proof of what u had too.

Brown Out
03-19-2015, 05:03 AM
Play the game, don't let the game play you.

Cannot Connect To Server
03-19-2015, 05:17 AM
im offline for the entire day so its going to up my game. if energy is reset back to original game of 100 then my games not going to regen in time for day 2 so were all going to be robbed and hv to regen again.

tho adding energy stamina will refill as we press we still lose from the regen time to when we can get back on.

how stupid to do it DURING AN LTQ.

how many ppl are going to lose all theyre regen thats thr now?

if it sitting on half tank waiting to fill to hit on ltq and gree resets it to 100 im losing thousands of energy its totally stupid Gree truly have no brains or inteligence above fraud theft and abuse at all.

and yes it us fraud theft and abuse delete the truth if u want.

gree are being stupid to do it during an ltq.

and i think you are right too gree will see ppl change to energy and make other things like rb or eb which was said long time ago eb uses atk points...

it would have been far simpler to have +- buttons so we can swop about like we could with equipment or maybe limit it or we lose one point for each time we complete a save on it.

that wld be easy to create. but gree dont know simple. +- buttons for points wld be far simpler.

360 Joules
03-19-2015, 05:31 AM
Looking at the screen shot...I bet we will all be reset back to 100 skill points (total)...I hope Gree does not do this...and will be pissed if that happens. let us keep all our skill points we have earned over the past few years.

Ourpalace
03-19-2015, 05:35 AM
I'm sure this is just a test. In KA, the reset was done a few months back. After that, you are rewarded a reseting pass for future reset. The same concept will be used here. The difference maybe you need to buy the pass. The importance of skill points in each category will change from time to time, therefore you will buy new passes from time to time.

Agent Orange
03-19-2015, 05:48 AM
Looking at the screen shot...I bet we will all be reset back to 100 skill points (total)...I hope Gree does not do this...and will be pissed if that happens. let us keep all our skill points we have earned over the past few years.

I doubt gree is stupid enough to do that. If they are then that would be the end for many of us. Likely they will just give us an amount equal to what we have now as undistributed but my little voice keeps saying, I bet they screw up the calculation for stamina.

Agent Orange
03-19-2015, 05:50 AM
I'm sure this is just a test. In KA, the reset was done a few months back. After that, you are rewarded a reseting pass for future reset. The same concept will be used here. The difference maybe you need to buy the pass. The importance of skill points in each category will change from time to time, therefore you will buy new passes from time to time.

Would make sense to just drop us all a chit for a free reset then we could just do it if we want. My newer LLPs don't need a reset and I'd kind of like to wait a day or two to see what the fallout is before committing.

Omasbest
03-19-2015, 06:41 AM
They will probably let you do a reset anytime you want for 50 gold like they do in KA. Then you can boost your A&D for WD, then boost energy for LTQs. Stamina, mines been at 11 and I never run out. My IPH just passed 500 meg, who needs to raid.

Skill point A&D never have had any impact on pvp. They only helped in the raids.

Omasbest
03-19-2015, 07:08 AM
Using the KA model, the reset just meant the game rest to the basic configuration, BUT, all the skill points you earned were given to you as "unallocated", allowing you to redistribute them as you wanted. Because of the huge uncertainty surrounding the recent changes in KA, the next month they DID give us a "chit" (as someone suggested before) for another free redistribution of all the skill points we had earned in the game. The ability to reallocate them may now be purchased.

My question for Gree and the expert players here is this: At 4000+ energy (on my ipad4, or 2nd account of 3) I already have times when I come back to the game the next day and my energy hasn't fully recharged (yes, without temp bonuses I only earn +3/minute). Adding more isn't going to do anything. Since energy is the key to ltq, players like me will be hurt, while players with energy earning bonuses will widen the gap between the high stat players and the rest of us. They will be able to fully utilize all the energy they transfer, and the rest of us will be left in their dust.What should I do with my skill points in this scenario? I already have 43 in stamina and really would prefer not to put hundreds of skill points there (I have quite a few from finishing level 5 on the map, in addition to those earned by leveling up).

I'd like to see Gree keep the skill point Attack and defense component. It allowed me, as a weaker player, to raid many fat targets of players much stronger than I was. I appreciated the chance (especially starting out) to raid above my stats. If this component of the game is removed, AND the new equipment aspects (these were abandoned, weren't they?), and skill points only go to stamina and energy, the game loses an integral part of what made it exciting and a little unpredictable. It becomes just blunt force by the numbers.

So, Gree, if you are looking for input (after the announcement, of course), I ask that you keep one or the other of the "extra" aspects of the raid/Attack factors, and please state clearly which is staying and give us specific information on how they will work and impact our game.

Tee
03-19-2015, 07:38 AM
A good opportunity for Gree to make everybody happy here.

Fix the skill point reset so that with every point added to stamina and energy the player receives those points back in their tank.

And even better, make that permanent. Thanks!

Edr9x23super
03-19-2015, 07:53 AM
I will screen shot my skill points, and if this undoes all the work I have put in over the past 2.5 years then I am done as I am sure a bunch of us around here will be...... But then again if they really want to even things up in the truly Liberal Coward democrat way of doing things how about taking the Pirates, and all the rest of the top 100 factions and resetting all of THEIR members' skill points or better yet, redistribute them amongst the lesser players to make things more "equitable"........

Oh oh Gree
03-19-2015, 10:32 AM
I will screen shot my skill points, and if this undoes all the work I have put in over the past 2.5 years then I am done as I am sure a bunch of us around here will be...... But then again if they really want to even things up in the truly Liberal Coward democrat way of doing things how about taking the Pirates, and all the rest of the top 100 factions and resetting all of THEIR members' skill points or better yet, redistribute them amongst the lesser players to make things more "equitable"........

One of the dumbest suggestions I have read on the forum and that's saying something. Better yet, why not make all gold purchases from the top teams be taken from them and given to all the players who have never purchased gold.

Brown Out
03-19-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm rolling the dice and putting all my points on Stamina.
I don't think they'll ever make atk and def work. And I have an inside track that says they'll be phasing out LTQ's and bringing PVP back.

*grabs the popcorn

Layon
03-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Nothing happened yet? Isn't it 12:00 pdt yet?

Lolsies
03-19-2015, 11:21 AM
Nothing happened yet? Isn't it 12:00 pdt yet?

40 minutes to go. PDT time is currently 11:20 AM.

Web323
03-19-2015, 11:26 AM

Will energy used before reset be adjusted or will we start fresh?

Layon
03-19-2015, 11:29 AM
Think everything will go to 0 and then fill up what ever you increase as normal when you add skill points after level up?

Tinker
03-19-2015, 11:30 AM

any bets on how successful this latest attempt at improvement will be?

I wonder why they don't first fix the stuff that doesn't work before they add more stuff that will probably be problematic given their track record?

Agent Orange
03-19-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm rolling the dice and putting all my points on Stamina.
I don't think they'll ever make atk and def work. And I have an inside track that says they'll be phasing out LTQ's and bringing PVP back.

*grabs the popcorn

Stamina? A refill only gives you 50 doesn't it. Granted energy is only 1000. Would be nice to make that a 100%...

Agent Orange
03-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Think everything will go to 0 and then fill up what ever you increase as normal when you add skill points after level up?

In which case the smart play would be to use up all your energy and stamina and get a free full refill..... If that's how it plays out.

Agent Orange
03-19-2015, 11:37 AM
any bets on how successful this latest attempt at improvement will be?

I wonder why they don't first fix the stuff that doesn't work before they add more stuff that will probably be problematic given thier track record.

Will it be,

1) a failure
2) collossal failure
3) epic failure
4) or much worse than we dared imagine

Don't get me wrong, we did ask for this but it would be nice to know a few little details first....

Agent Orange
03-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Oh this can't be good, just tried to log in and my buildings are not showing up and near the middle of the screen is a box with an x but no details as to what it is needless to say I didn't click it...

Tinker
03-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Will it be,

1) a failure
2) collossal failure
3) epic failure

Don't get me wrong, we did ask for this but it would be nice to know a few little details first....

I love "Polls"
I vote for Epic Failure

crazeejay
03-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Will it be,

1) a failure
2) collossal failure
3) epic failure

It will go from 1 to 4 in increments..lol

CAPT MICKY D
03-19-2015, 12:02 PM
It has been done

Agent Orange
03-19-2015, 12:06 PM
Just lost almost 5,000 skill points reset went to 852. If you are not logged in don't. If you are and not reset don't log out!

bergmystr
03-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Mine seemed to work fine

Correct amount for lvls and maps.

Sinna
03-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Don't forget that 1 point equals 10 energy.

bergmystr
03-19-2015, 12:10 PM
And it is ****ed up! Just lost almost 5,000 skill points reset went to 852. If you are not logged in don't. If you are and not reset don't log out!

Where are you getting 5000 skill points from??

3x350(level max) = 1050
1*64 (Maps to lvl 5) = 64

1114 Total.

Am I missing something

GraemeBBB
03-19-2015, 12:12 PM
It's all been reset to 100 points for energy but they give an extra 500 points. Morons complete and utter morons

Agent Orange
03-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Where are you getting 5000 skill points from??

3x350(level max) = 1050
1*64 (Maps to lvl 5) = 64

1114 Total.

Am I missing something

No I am, was using gree math. You are right about 10x though total is slightly off.

Ghost-12
03-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Working fine here!
Had a total of 766 Skill points!
(524 energy / 124 Stamina / 118 Attack&defense)

Was given 744 / plus the 22 you start with = 766 total points...

Mila Relyt
03-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Level 1 has zero points. You get 3 to get to 2 and 3 more going to level 3. By the time you get to level 350, you would have 349 level ups.