PDA

View Full Version : Purchase limit for re-released LTB's increased

Sherod
03-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Gonna need more hood expansions soon:D.

Dipstik
03-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Oh well... so much for the days when you could have a good IPH for free. It was fun while it lasted.

Weasel
03-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Is anyone taking bets on why this happened?

My bet: Gree forgot they awarded the West Side Fine Gems as an individual prize during war, and those who won it were restricted to 4 just like everyone else. Crying ensued, and Gree couldn't increase the limit on just the one building without having affect the other three, so they just said "screw it" and rolled it out.

Dipstik
03-12-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm guessing they just noticed that the moment they allowed it just about every gold buyer in the game bought their limit. Why not allow one more and see what they can get away with?

spiderman
03-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Great mate. I'll be getting a 5th Mike's Tattoo shop. Here comes 300m IPH, it's just around the corner now. Happy gaming mate.

Carloco
03-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Are all these buildings confirmed type A's. If so that's crazy. IPH through the roof

Vile Lynn
03-12-2015, 09:40 PM
I bet it was a mistake.

Weasel
03-12-2015, 09:44 PM
I bet it was a mistake.

They updated the splash screen with the phrases, "SALE UPDATE! PURCHASE LIMIT INCREASED!"

Given Gree's history though, you could still be correct.

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-12-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm holding out for my fourth frosty's hideout.

Psyke! I'll be buying tomorrow!

DannyD
03-13-2015, 12:25 AM
Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't know... What's the limit now, 4?

smokey77
03-13-2015, 01:17 AM
Absolutely ridiculous thing to do, just plain greedy. It stinks of a game on its last legs trying to extract as much money as possible before going belly up! So much for Engrams IPH inflation!

My2cents
03-13-2015, 02:43 AM
Gonna need more hood expansions soon:D.

Sounds like poor area management to me. I have 165 buildings and still a city block completely empty. Even if it did get too crowded I could sell off 100 of my lowest performing buildings and only delete 1/2 of 1% of my income.

The first to go would be level 2 History Museum: $4 IPH/square. Pitiful compared to my level 10 Mike's Tat Shop @ $655,245 IPH/square.

Sherod
03-13-2015, 03:45 AM
Sounds like poor area management to me. I have 165 buildings and still a city block completely empty. Even if it did get too crowded I could sell off 100 of my lowest performing buildings and only delete 1/2 of 1% of my income.

The first to go would be level 2 History Museum: $4 IPH/square. Pitiful compared to my level 10 Mike's Tat Shop @ $655,245 IPH/square.

You can keep your 2cents bro, I was bieng sarcastic;)

Sherod
03-13-2015, 03:49 AM
Up next......Pagoda,taco truck,and Thug4life pad:DC'mon gree lets get this show on the road lol.We know you want it just as bad as the customers do.

Nighteg
03-13-2015, 04:20 AM
Absolutely ridiculous thing to do, just plain greedy. It stinks of a game on its last legs trying to extract as much money as possible before going belly up! So much for Engrams IPH inflation!

Everything Engram said, on both AMAs, was pure bull****. I don't think there was a single thing he didn't lie about. That's why he's been avoiding another AMA for months now.

As for the current situation - mark my words, this is going to become a common practice. After they're done with all the ltbs, i'm 100% sure we're going to start seeing new gold buildings on a regular basis.

Dipstik
03-13-2015, 04:32 AM
Just remember how I warned everyone that rerelease get these was a bad idea...

Jeronimo
03-13-2015, 07:18 AM

No. We're not at history class.

Dipstik
03-13-2015, 07:26 AM
Don't worry. I'll remind you, and there won't be a test.

Winnson
03-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Who's going to be the first Trillionaire?

DannyD
03-13-2015, 10:14 AM
Can someone share what the max number of LTBs is? 4?

Winnson
03-13-2015, 10:15 AM
I guess it's 5 now.

montecore
03-13-2015, 10:33 AM
Everything Engram said, on both AMAs, was pure bull****. I don't think there was a single thing he didn't lie about. That's why he's been avoiding another AMA for months now.

As for the current situation - mark my words, this is going to become a common practice. After they're done with all the ltbs, i'm 100% sure we're going to start seeing new gold buildings on a regular basis.

My understanding is that they are going to ultimately increase the number of buildings you can buy to 50 each, and once those are all sold, they will release new gold LTBs that start with a billion dollar payout. 3b IPH will be the new 300m IPH and all those gold buildings you bought become as worthless as basketball courts.

Also, if you expect anything other than lies from this company you have been playing a different game than I have, or you are incredibly naive.

Weasel
03-13-2015, 10:50 AM

Why would they make new gold buildings on a regular basis when they are already awarding "exclusive" buildings as event prizes? Let the players decide and inflate the cost of an actual limited edition/limited print building.

It'll be funny in a few months when people start winning duplicate buildings that don't stack after whatever limit. They need to get their water cooler laughs from somewhere, right?

Related but slightly off topic, I saw one of those taco truck buildings and it would have taken 7 stamina to rob it! I have no opinion on that, just an observation.

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-13-2015, 10:53 AM

Please edit this post before the grammar nazi finds it. You're better than this. Not by much. But better nonetheless.

Edit: this was supposed to be a simple thing for gree to do. Re-release old LTB's. Simple right? Leave it to gree to screw something like this up. I'll stop short of saying you were right.

My2cents
03-13-2015, 11:43 PM
I have enough rereleased buildings now. If I take the time to upgrade them all to level 10 even using 3 concurrent upgrades I'm looking at the next 125 days. And that's not including any future LTBs and already existing LTBs that I haven't fully upgraded.

Gree cut open the golden goose. They could have easily gotten away with releasing one or two at a time.

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-14-2015, 12:01 AM
I sold 1/3 of my buildings the other day. Took a couple mil iph hit. Not too big tho. Got rid of a lot (tho not all) of junk buildings.

Heapsofblue
03-14-2015, 01:24 AM
C
My understanding is that they are going to ultimately increase the number of buildings you can buy to 50 each, and once those are all sold, they will release new gold LTBs that start with a billion dollar payout. 3b IPH will be the new 300m IPH and all those gold buildings you bought become as worthless as basketball courts.

Also, if you expect anything other than lies from this company you have been playing a different game than I have, or you are incredibly naive.
And you still play because....u can't help yourself like a few others...myself included.
Would be interested to know where you get your understanding from about 50 x per building....curious more than anything....

therealbengie
03-14-2015, 08:04 AM
C
And you still play because....u can't help yourself like a few others...myself included.
Would be interested to know where you get your understanding from about 50 x per building....curious more than anything....

the guy is so deep in the troll kingdom he doesn't see what a troll he is, just treat him an old crazy relative by nodding and agreeing with him knowing full well he is talking utter BS.

Dipstik
03-14-2015, 03:52 PM
I don't think spellcheck liked "rereleasing". I didn't notice it. Oops?

Weasel
03-14-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't think spellcheck liked "rereleasing". I didn't notice it. Oops?

Missed that too. :p

Sherod
03-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Who's going to be the first Trillionaire?

Well bud...at this rate we will find out very soon and the following month we all will be sitting on trillions.

Red BD
03-14-2015, 09:52 PM
Great mate. I'll be getting a 5th Mike's Tattoo shop. Here comes 300m IPH, it's just around the corner now. Happy gaming mate.

Would love to tour your hood sometime to see how one can do that- feel free to attack me.

spiderman
03-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Would love to tour your hood sometime to see how one can do that- feel free to attack me.

Hey mate, I just hit over 300 million IPH. I generally collect on time and don't leave links. Attack me all you wish, get in line with all the other campers in my hood waiting. Happy gaming mate. Now, onward to 400 million IPH.

John_Locke
03-15-2015, 12:25 PM
They updated the splash screen with the phrases, "SALE UPDATE! PURCHASE LIMIT INCREASED!"

Given Gree's history though, you could still be correct.

Cynical, but I can't argue with you on this one. Either one is entirely plausible; ineptitude and greed walk hand in hand with this company.

Winnson
03-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Whoops. Tried to put in a video but it didn't work.