PDA

View Full Version : Is there a fix coming soon for pvp?

Dctrbar
03-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Before the accomplice fiasco, pvp allowed for a percentage of wins based on how much stronger of an opponent you attacked. For example if 100 mil attacked 150 mil defense, you might win 3 or 4 of every 10...etc. this allowed for players to decide if a rob was worth the risk of retaliation. Since accomplices were removed, pvp now is all or none. If you attack with even 1 less point that defenders def points, you will lose 100% of the time.

Are we to expect this will stay as such or is the person responsible for fixing it the same as the one fired for the accomplice mess?

Evan1000
03-08-2015, 08:45 PM
I've noticed this as well. Annoying af

Red BD
03-08-2015, 08:57 PM
As have I (noticed it) and it sucks raw eggs IMO. The complexity of accomplices is not needed, but there needs to be some randomness. Sometimes I just hit the rival list 'Attack' button, and lose (with each new list it seems I lose 90% or win 90% - which saps interest.
I liked the accomplices, but.... It's like in a board game you roll dice.... Or is this just a "buy a Win" kind of thing?

spiderman
03-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Before the accomplice fiasco, pvp allowed for a percentage of wins based on how much stronger of an opponent you attacked. For example if 100 mil attacked 150 mil defense, you might win 3 or 4 of every 10...etc. this allowed for players to decide if a rob was worth the risk of retaliation. Since accomplices were removed, pvp now is all or none. If you attack with even 1 less point that defenders def points, you will lose 100% of the time.

Are we to expect this will stay as such or is the person responsible for fixing it the same as the one fired for the accomplice mess?

Ok, mate. What exactly needs to be fixed? As you said, now it's all or nothing. If your attack is less you will lose. Simple fix , is to get stronger and defeat that rival. GREE is in business to make money and players having to spend money to get stronger does that. Happy gaming mate.

Weasel
03-08-2015, 09:31 PM
This is a non issue. Stronger rival? Go somehwere else, there are plenty of options/targets. If someone wants to focus on defence they should be allowed to. If it results in you being unable to defeat them, change your strategy. Or spend more money.

Nighteg
03-09-2015, 02:49 AM
I like it this way. Plain and simple.

spiderman
03-09-2015, 03:21 AM

Ditto mate, no guessing about it, you look at stats and know before. Happy gaming mate.

Dctrbar
03-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Ok, mate. What exactly needs to be fixed? As you said, now it's all or nothing. If your attack is less you will lose. Simple fix , is to get stronger and defeat that rival. GREE is in business to make money and players having to spend money to get stronger does that. Happy gaming mate.

First off, let's be clear, this thread has nothing to do with accomplices.

Sorry spidey but I have to disagree with your statement. In a game where stats are now blown up into the hundreds of millions or even billions, a difference of a few thousand should not be enough to have absolute dominance. This is not simply about me robbing someone, it goes both ways. If you were attacked by someone with exactly 1 atk point more than your defense, would you be happy with them taking every win. No. If evenly matched, each combatant should win roughly half of the fights/robberies. The more the difference, the more percentage of wins the stronger one should have.

The rivals list, as so many have complained for so long, is usually filled for the most part with other players far stronger than the player searching. What's the point of that if we are to continue the all or none system. It's nothing but a huge waste of time to have to go to every rivals hood, check their stat, then leave. Likewise, if everyone on the list was weaker, it would be just as stupid. Getting stronger has nothing to do with it. If you get stronger, the rival is most likely to drop off your list and be replaced with another several hundred million higher. Spend more money catching the new one, and guess what, oh yeah, he will be gone too.

Just depends on how you play the game. Gree will make money either way. Under the old system, I used to take a risk robbing stronger players. Often I would spend 40 stamina only to win 10 attempts at robbing lucrative buildings, knowing they would come back for revenge, but willing to take the risk. I spent tons in gold refilling my stamina to continue robbing. It made the game fun to have to think a bit and have some kind of strategy.

Happy gaming back at ya mate. Cheers.

spiderman
03-09-2015, 09:12 PM
First off, let's be clear, this thread has nothing to do with accomplices.

Sorry spidey but I have to disagree with your statement. In a game where stats are now blown up into the hundreds of millions or even billions, a difference of a few thousand should not be enough to have absolute dominance. This is not simply about me robbing someone, it goes both ways. If you were attacked by someone with exactly 1 atk point more than your defense, would you be happy with them taking every win. No. If evenly matched, each combatant should win roughly half of the fights/robberies. The more the difference, the more percentage of wins the stronger one should have.

The rivals list, as so many have complained for so long, is usually filled for the most part with other players far stronger than the player searching. What's the point of that if we are to continue the all or none system. It's nothing but a huge waste of time to have to go to every rivals hood, check their stat, then leave. Likewise, if everyone on the list was weaker, it would be just as stupid. Getting stronger has nothing to do with it. If you get stronger, the rival is most likely to drop off your list and be replaced with another several hundred million higher. Spend more money catching the new one, and guess what, oh yeah, he will be gone too.

Just depends on how you play the game. Gree will make money either way. Under the old system, I used to take a risk robbing stronger players. Often I would spend 40 stamina only to win 10 attempts at robbing lucrative buildings, knowing they would come back for revenge, but willing to take the risk. I spent tons in gold refilling my stamina to continue robbing. It made the game fun to have to think a bit and have some kind of strategy.

Happy gaming back at ya mate. Cheers.

Indeed mate. I on the other hand have built my IPH to nearly 300 million and choose not to rob. No need to rob others here, I generate my own income and general collect on time. I get attacked all the time by campers trying to get a revenge link, I don't give them one. 95% of the campers have very bad IPH's, having a decent income is part of the game as well. Yes, it's all about choices in the game. Happy gaming mate.

Dctrbar
03-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Indeed mate. I on the other hand have built my IPH to nearly 300 million and choose not to rob. No need to rob others here, I generate my own income and general collect on time. I get attacked all the time by campers trying to get a revenge link, I don't give them one. 95% of the campers have very bad IPH's, having a decent income is part of the game as well. Yes, it's all about choices in the game. Happy gaming mate.

I agree with you. I too have a fairly good and rapidly growing iph. My stats are decent and I spend plenty of gold. For as much as Gree makes in this game alone, which I am sure is a lot, they owe it to their customers to have all parts of the game be developed well and with some thought. We should not be limited to playing only parts of the game because others are so poorly designed. Like you, I no longer rob or attack because the new system is terrible. I feel this is a shame though, and in the end, Causes Gree to in fact lose money because we all now pick only portions of the game to take part in. Cheers.

Red BD
03-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Spidey, you may be correct about some things, but I've never seen your hood. I'll bet it is an aesthetically unappealing place where LTB buildings are stacked on top of one another (or u would if u could). Hey, that's ur business. Go for it. Others, however, are not slaves to iph. That's their business. Others, like me, take the RPG factor of this game seriously, and Attack and rob and do it again. If y'all want to feel superior to us poor low life players, go ahead.
What I wonder is that why, with all ur "mate" crap, you act like ur above stealing-- u think the world forgot that ur sainted homeland started out as a prison colony and that all ur ancestors were probably thieves and scalawags?
Give me a break.

Jason_Bourne
03-09-2015, 10:26 PM

Me too!

<><><>

sister morphine
03-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Spidey, you may be correct about some things, but I've never seen your hood. I'll bet it is an aesthetically unappealing place where LTB buildings are stacked on top of one another (or u would if u could). Hey, that's ur business. Go for it. Others, however, are not slaves to iph. That's their business. Others, like me, take the RPG factor of this game seriously, and Attack and rob and do it again. If y'all want to feel superior to us poor low life players, go ahead.
What I wonder is that why, with all ur "mate" crap, you act like ur above stealing-- u think the world forgot that ur sainted homeland started out as a prison colony and that all ur ancestors were probably thieves and scalawags?
Give me a break.
People could be transported to Australia for such heinous crimes as stealing a handkerchief, getting too drunk, or being homeless. A real collection of Public Enemies #1, lol.

therealbengie
03-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Give me a break.

that's not what he means at all, you must have a low IPH.

when I hit 50mil it became pointless robbing other players as the money lost due to revenge links out weighed the gains of the rob, now i'm getting to 120mil it even more pointless to rob others so I completely understand his viewpoint at 300mil iph. its not about thinking you are better than someone else its simply about weighing up the cost of your actions and making a strategic choice.

Dctrbar
03-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Getting back on point with the original thread topic. The issue i raised was not whether to rob or not. There are many different ways to play the game. None are wrong or right. Unfortunately, Gree has taken the game into a direction where only parts of it are enoyable by some and other aspects by others. The point as I said at the start was to FIX it. All aspects can easily be made enjoyable for everyone. Just takes a developer that 1. gives a crap and 2. realizes that by doing so they will make even more money.

Weasel
03-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Getting back on point with the original thread topic. The issue i raised was not whether to rob or not. There are many different ways to play the game. None are wrong or right. Unfortunately, Gree has taken the game into a direction where only parts of it are enoyable by some and other aspects by others. The point as I said at the start was to FIX it. All aspects can easily be made enjoyable for everyone. Just takes a developer that 1. gives a crap and 2. realizes that by doing so they will make even more money.

The thing is, relating to what you're talking about, there's nothing broken to fix.

You're right, there are different ways to play the game, most of which will yield different results. If you're unhappy with how your game is playing, it's you that needs to change your strategy, not Gree that needs to fix anything.

If anything, this "all or nothing" system, as you put it, actually makes stats somewhat relevant. "Before," you could walk into any hood defended by twice your attack strength, clean it out, and walk away consequence-free because a common strategy was to avoid building a good IPH so you could rob others without leaving them much opportunity for revenge. A system that can be gamed like that is flawed. Building a hood economy is just as much a part of this game as building attack and defence stats, and the old system encouraged a lot of people to ignore that. If everyone were of that mentality, nobody would ever have anything to rob because every hood would be that of a $0 IPH robber that steals from others without an ounce of risk.

1Shot
03-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Since accomplices left, the robbing probably went back to a default standard of just having a higher attack than their defense. I would guess gree is in the making of seeing what they're going to do, good possibility the 3/4 robs hits from being too close to their defense may take place again, but you'll just have to be paitent.

Vile Lynn
03-10-2015, 01:55 PM
If you wait long enough, GREE will change up the Rivals List (RL) & PvP parameters to keep "the balance" and to pump up "the fun factor," and everything will be "fixed" and "exciting" again. Just you wait & see!

K.I.S.S.

Dctrbar
03-10-2015, 02:53 PM
The thing is, relating to what you're talking about, there's nothing broken to fix.

You're right, there are different ways to play the game, most of which will yield different results. If you're unhappy with how your game is playing, it's you that needs to change your strategy, not Gree that needs to fix anything.

If anything, this "all or nothing" system, as you put it, actually makes stats somewhat relevant. "Before," you could walk into any hood defended by twice your attack strength, clean it out, and walk away consequence-free because a common strategy was to avoid building a good IPH so you could rob others without leaving them much opportunity for revenge. A system that can be gamed like that is flawed. Building a hood economy is just as much a part of this game as building attack and defence stats, and the old system encouraged a lot of people to ignore that. If everyone were of that mentality, nobody would ever have anything to rob because every hood would be that of a $0 IPH robber that steals from others without an ounce of risk.

Why not then fix all the broken aspects? I agree that building a good iph IS in fact a very good and personally fun part of the game. In fact, i think they need to make it an incentive to advance in ALL aspects; that's what I am referring to. There should be a mod bonus added to stats for reaching certain iph levels, and for reaching higher levels. Why not place a 1% mod to stats, much like the syn bonuses we buy, for completing 5 levels of a certain map and mastering it? This would also negate any campers with no iph, so your concern about being robbed by someone with zero iph would also be resolved. Here is another one, why not allow for the option of "bribing" to complete jobs? in other words, having the option of using energy or cash to pay to complete the job. This would also inncentivise having more iph as cash would be more useful than just for upgrades.
I could go on and on...but i won't.

HavingFun
03-10-2015, 05:54 PM
I could go on and on...but i won't.

Thank You!!

Dat Guy
03-11-2015, 05:02 AM
If you wait long enough, GREE will change up the Rivals List (RL) & PvP parameters to keep "the balance" and to pump up "the fun factor," and everything will be "fixed" and "exciting" again. Just you wait & see!

K.I.S.S.

Exactly what Ms. Lynn said.

Winnson
03-11-2015, 05:52 AM
If it's 1:1 ATT/DEF straight up for everything, you can remove the 'revenge' button.

sister morphine
03-11-2015, 06:44 AM
If it's 1:1 ATT/DEF straight up for everything, you can remove the 'revenge' button.
There's not many peeps hit me I can't hit back :)

Weasel
03-11-2015, 07:13 AM

Why? With the way the rivals list is set up the revenge button is anyone's best chance at finding a decent target. Only on very rare occasions do I find someone on my list who is far weaker than me, or someone in my news who is far stronger.

sister morphine
03-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Why? With the way the rivals list is set up the revenge button is anyone's best chance at finding a decent target. Only on very rare occasions do I find someone on my list who is far weaker than me, or someone in my news who is far stronger.
Why look for the weaker ones. Much more fun to rob or beat up someone who you know has paid a bunch of cash for their attack stats. Even more if they cry on your wall.

Red BD
03-12-2015, 12:49 AM
People could be transported to Australia for such heinous crimes as stealing a handkerchief, getting too drunk, or being homeless. A real collection of Public Enemies #1, lol.
Honestly did not mean to offend anyone. The folks living in former British Penal Colonies (like, uh, me) understand the humor IME.

sister morphine
03-12-2015, 03:43 AM
Honestly did not mean to offend anyone. The folks living in former British Penal Colonies (like, uh, me) understand the humor IME.
:)

extras