PDA

View Full Version : Spiries?

Weasel
03-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Whomever designed the Shamrock Pub probably should not have done it at the pub. "Wine - Spiries - Beer"... Right.

Maybe if Gree paid a little more attention to basics, such as spelling and word choice, the game wouldn't be "breaking" all the time. Attention to detail is important, and while a small typo is not of much significance in this instance, it has been in the past.

I don't recall specifically the item or modifier involved, but I do recall there was once an item released which was supposed to have a modifier, only the modifier was added to an existing item with a nearly identical name. Let's call the existing item "example". The name of the new item that was supposed to have the modifier would have been "the example". Two different items with nearly identical names shouldn't be a big deal, but when people who are not in the habit of paying attention to detail become involved, things have a tendency to produce undesired and/or unexpected outcomes which then needs to be corrected.

A little attention to detail, while potentially costing a few additional minutes here or there, could save Gree a lot of headaches by reducing the amount of time and resources that need to be invested in correcting mistakes.

Perin
03-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Lol good eyes and good points.

Winnson
03-07-2015, 01:42 PM
No way man that's awesome. Typos reduce the number of dupe prizes we're about to receive en masse.

Accidents will happen, with accidental non-dupe prizes we're laughing.

TheJess
03-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Good catch.....

MK Loves You
03-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Whomever designed the Shamrock Pub probably should not have done it at the pub. "Wine - Spiries - Beer"... Right.

Maybe if Gree paid a little more attention to basics, such as spelling and word choice, the game wouldn't be "breaking" all the time. Attention to detail is important, and while a small typo is not of much significance in this instance, it has been in the past.

I don't recall specifically the item or modifier involved, but I do recall there was once an item released which was supposed to have a modifier, only the modifier was added to an existing item with a nearly identical name. Let's call the existing item "example". The name of the new item that was supposed to have the modifier would have been "the example". Two different items with nearly identical names shouldn't be a big deal, but when people who are not in the habit of paying attention to detail become involved, things have a tendency to produce undesired and/or unexpected outcomes which then needs to be corrected.

A little attention to detail, while potentially costing a few additional minutes here or there, could save Gree a lot of headaches by reducing the amount of time and resources that need to be invested in correcting mistakes.
You're such a weasel

Weasel
03-07-2015, 10:58 PM
You're such a weasel

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--wMr6XX3t--/192m7jtivy9kajpg.jpg

HavingFun
03-09-2015, 04:28 AM
Spelling, event end times, ah no big deal. Always time for another round of drinks.

Max Power
03-09-2015, 06:22 AM

It is good to cast judgement from a pedestal of perfection.

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-09-2015, 09:32 AM
I recall an item called 60% protection, all the time. Or something like that. And it gave something like a 20% modifier.

Nighteg
03-09-2015, 09:34 AM
I recall a "no interest" bank, which didn't affect your interest :)

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-09-2015, 09:40 AM
I recall a "no interest" bank, which didn't affect your interest :)
Very uninteresting indeed.

John_Locke
03-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Spelling errors could explain all the bugs this game has.

Winnson
03-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Maybe they were just trying to make it sound Irish.

Oh, faith and Begorrah now, I do believe I'll have a little wee dram of that spirie Guv!

That sounds pretty Irish.

Dipstik
03-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Yes, but what's playing at the movie theater?

Evan1000
03-09-2015, 12:32 PM
I recall an item called 60% protection, all the time. Or something like that. And it gave something like a 20% modifier.

10% armor defense from an old epic boss. First modifier I every received :p

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Yes, but what's playing at the movie theater?

Extra points for unoriginality.

Dipstik
03-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Extra points for unoriginality.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120705022625/mlp/images/thumb/b/b4/Diamond_Tiara_frowning_S2E23.png/500px-Diamond_Tiara_frowning_S2E23.png

Relic
03-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Good eye, indeed. I've alerted the team about the typo.

Thanks.

Winnson
03-12-2015, 12:55 PM
It might have been intentional, to make it even more Irish.

Weasel
03-12-2015, 01:19 PM
It might have been intentional, to make it even more Irish.

Because the Irish are poor spellers? Because they are drunk on the job? Because Irish pubs contain "dead ghosts"? (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spirie&defid=224715)

Otherwise, anything involving "irie" is Jamaican. Wouldn't be surprised if someone working out of the US had a major culture and geography fail.

Winnson
03-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah, like that.