PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Log Into Game - iOS and Android

Relic
03-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Hey everyone,

We are aware that some of you are either unable to log in to the game or receiving an error when trying to. This is being investigated currently.

Thank you for your patience.

Ninuzzo
03-06-2015, 09:51 AM
This is unacceptable!

What about our almost done goals?

Naughty Toon
03-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Relic, the hot fix unlocked me, this recent update just locked me back out. I'm droid

fcfury
03-06-2015, 09:59 AM
So are the people chasing the wrapper prize screwed?

Naughty Toon
03-06-2015, 10:01 AM
So are the people chasing the wrapper prize screwed?

Many have been screwed all week, I missed out on tons of units

Rparker1979
03-06-2015, 10:02 AM
So are we gonna have extra time to get back to our factions.

Relic
03-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Thanks for making us aware that this is occurring for Android users as well, the team has been notified. .

As far as your goals and wrapper prizes go, wait and see if you receive them after it's fixed. If you don't receive them, please let us know and open a ticket with Customer Support (https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/requests/new) as well.

Sorry for the frustration.

ezmunie
03-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Several in my faction are unable to log in. Most are iOS.

killbillbst
03-06-2015, 10:08 AM
I'm struggling on iOS. Reboot and can login once or twice then have to reboot again

-Commando-
03-06-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm struggling on iOS. Reboot and can login once or twice then have to reboot again

Same here. It makes swapping accounts so time consuming it's not worth trying.

Captain Buck Slayer
03-06-2015, 10:38 AM
I was locked out, the fix got me back in. Just had to delete and reinstall for it to load. Thanks

Relic
03-06-2015, 11:00 AM
This should now be resolved.

Thank you for your patience!

Agent Orange
03-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Nope not resolved, iPhones and iPads locked out. The Frontline server push instigated this problem. Perhaps suspend FL since many won't be able to access it anyway!

Agent Orange
03-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Ok, deleted app. Reinstalled, was able to log in. Logged out to answer phone call, now back to being stuck on connecting to server screen!

Indiana
03-06-2015, 12:40 PM
We are experiencing this problem as well. Got one player on an iPhone 6 Plus 128gb phone and the other player is on an iPhone 3GS 16gb phone. Both have plenty of free space but cannot get into the game. The player on the 3GS has been having login issues for the past 5 days now. So I don't think it was totally fixed. I suspect that the push for FL only compounded the issue.

Indiana
03-06-2015, 12:42 PM
The player on the 3GS has been un-installing and re-installing the game to try to get it to work. The frustrating thing about this is you shouldn't have to go to that length to get the game to load up for you.

Relic
03-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Ok, deleted app. Reinstalled, was able to log in. Logged out to answer phone call, now back to being stuck on connecting to server screen!

We are experiencing this problem as well. Got one player on an iPhone 6 Plus 128gb phone and the other player is on an iPhone 3GS 16gb phone. Both have plenty of free space but cannot get into the game. The player on the 3GS has been having login issues for the past 5 days now. So I don't think it was totally fixed. I suspect that the push for FL only compounded the issue.

The player on the 3GS has been un-installing and re-installing the game to try to get it to work. The frustrating thing about this is you shouldn't have to go to that length to get the game to load up for you.

Thanks for reporting back. I've alerted the team. In the meantime, would you please open a ticket with Customer Support on this so they can also assist you? https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Agent Orange
03-06-2015, 12:51 PM

Agreed, this is pathetic.

On the iPhone 5 and 6 I have neither will log in after uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. This was the exact same problem that we had with both devices during the last Frontline event and that others were reporting!

On the iPad 2 I uninstalled and reinstalled and the app stuck on the connecting to server screen. However I was able to log in once by going to the Game Centre, selecting Modern War from my list of games and in the top right corner pull down selecting play. That seemed to force it through whatever the screw up with the app was but it is not 100% of the time a fix. Oh don't forget to rate the app appropriately when in the Game Centre.

Agent Orange
03-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Ok ticket sent, #2296215

-Commando-
03-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Special items came back and I was able to freely log in and out for about 1.5 hours after data push. Now log in issues are back. #@%!!!

Agent Orange
03-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Android issues, app will suddenly stop forcing a restart but at least we can log in! And Beat the Elite is triggering as well.

ezmunie
03-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Not resolved. My ipad 2 is still not able to connect. It crashes before it can.

Agent Orange
03-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Seems to have improved. Is the issue more prevalent to those of us using linking? Reason I ask this is because I find if I switch accounts in linking, close the app and then log back in immediately I have a much higher failure rate. If I switch accounts, quit out of MW (IOS), go to another app and use it for a minute I can log back in when restarting MW.

So do we need to wait a minute or two between log ins?

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-06-2015, 05:52 PM
None of my experimental accounts are linked (Droid or iOS). So far, I've not experienced any new issues, EXCEPT longer times to log on. Normally Droid is on within 15-30 seconds. iOS, on the other hand, normally takes 90 to 120 seconds. Today it's taking 120 to 240 seconds, give or take.

A new issue has appeared. I could NORMALLY upgrade four buildings. Today that has been reduced to only three buildings. LOL

I will censor (as in STIFLE) my remaining comments in order to comp,y with the revised forum rules.

Agent Orange
03-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Thanks Dew, it does seem to be more prevalent when using linking and still intermittant. Does seem counterproductive to have to delete the app then reinstall it in order tp log in......

Logging in from Game Centre sometimes helps, sometimes not. Switching and logging back in immediately on IOS breaks things quicker...

Oddly the $49 Walmart droid tablet is far more reliable then the dev iPhone we have. Apple dev services was not amused for some reason.....

Stud1222
03-08-2015, 09:18 AM
I am not sure what improvements gree thinks they are doing, but every improvement pushes us future away from this game. Logging on is very problematic and inconsistent. I personally have paid you hundred of dollars for your"free" game but it seems that Gree has become greedy and is constantly working to make the game, not more challenging, but more expensive.
Stud

JakeCullen
03-08-2015, 11:04 PM
How many years does it actually take to log into modern war? :-/

corey0025
03-09-2015, 02:56 AM
I just got the update to android 5.0 (lollipop) and the game just sits and loads now. The first time I deleted and reinstalled and I got back in. Now I just sit on the loading screen with a quarter of the bar and it goes nowhere. Have deleted and reinstalled 20 times now and nothing.

WinkadInk
03-09-2015, 03:48 AM
Yeah still having issues myself. Was working fine for about 8 hours and it's back to not letting me in. Not gonna lie, I don't want to send a ticket in because they've deemed worthless for me in the past on any other issue and don't expect to see different results. I'm on iphone 5 4gs. What's weird is I can log onto crime city just fine! So it's not my phone, that tells me it's a server issue on gree's end.

I've deleted and reinstalled the game 20-30 times now and it doesn't always correct the issue

slgreenwell
03-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Does GREE plan on fixing the connection issues or not ?

groovy shags
03-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Does GREE plan on fixing the connection issues or not ?

My oh my...you must be new to this game.

shaunyp
03-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Sent a ticket in now awaiting im stuck on the home screen with it saying connecting to server, i have uninstalled and re installed several times, i just dont get how often this happens to so many different players and all they say is its fixed when it clearly is not!!!

slgreenwell
03-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Been trying for over an hour to log into game. I've tried deleting , restarting and and reinstalling. Nothing helps. Don't tell me this issue is fixed

ezmunie
03-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Server loses connection during war.... iOS

Agent Orange
03-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Just curious but what devices are you folks using? Today I noticed that one of the iPhones barfed up a totally new error message.

baddog_to
03-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Three iOS devices here. iPad Air 2 - loading got better and the last few days, today especially, it's gotten worse. Sometimes I get partial loads of my base - level markers, one or two buildings, my little man - that's it, frozen and have to quit and try again. I have a mini on an iPad 3 - also increasing problems getting on but never a partial load. It's taken 20-30 min of repeated attempts to get in. I have a new mini (I am a complete masochist and/or fool) on an iPhone 5 - it's only level 20 and almost always loads. All are on the same wifi network, all run the iOS of the day(8.2 currently)

plavine
03-11-2015, 09:57 PM
This should now be resolved.

Thank you for your patience!
Still not resolved . It still takes 2-3 times to log in . Sometimes 10-15 minutes

ezmunie
03-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Not resolved. Still very slow or not able to log in. When I can get logged in, it seems to lose server connection during the wars.

iphone 5, ipad 2 and ipad 3.

slgreenwell
03-12-2015, 04:27 AM
From my past experience this is a waste of time but I sent a ticket to support. 2306613