PDA

View Full Version : Defense buildings

Red BD
03-03-2015, 05:00 PM
At one point in time I had quite a number of them. They didn't seem to work as I thought they should- or apparently as others thought they should (surrounding high $ buildings with turrets, machine guns and lvl 10 Abandoned slums - which only seems to screw with aesthetics and never stopped me or anyone from robbing).
ANYWAY, I sold all mine, and my skills increased, over time, but I still see them when robbing folks with high stats. Guess my question is:
" Do Defense Buildings work at all, and how do they work? Just bottom line stats? Or do they actually "defend" buildings?"

Vile Lynn
03-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Def buildings are supposed to add into your def stat when you're being robbed.

Also, each money building is supposed to have a def stat which GREE keeps secret. I'm not sure if GREE has changed this or not, knowing how GREE likes to keep things vauge & mysterious.

if you really want to know if there is a difference: have a friendly rival attack you and rob you. Ask them to post your def stats for each on your wall.

stepxhenlockwood17
03-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Yes....they do help. I also dont have but the empire watch and a few turrets bcuz the rest are worthless and cut into you real estate. However I was in a battle back and forth with someone who had higher attack than my defense. But I had hiher attack than his defense. Well I started upgrading an watch tower and when it upgraded the next time it increased my stats significantly but not better than his, but he could not rob me anymore. The watch tower upgraded to 9 gives you an extra million. I definately say its worth the real estate.

Weasel
03-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Defence buildings = distraction buildings. Whatever use they may (or may not) have, stat inflation quickly devalues, and future mods that increase the "power" of defence buildings are not enough to compensate for the rate of inflation. The time spent on upgrades would be better spent on money buildings.

Max Power
03-04-2015, 06:06 AM
At one point in time I had quite a number of them. They didn't seem to work as I thought they should- or apparently as others thought they should (surrounding high $ buildings with turrets, machine guns and lvl 10 Abandoned slums - which only seems to screw with aesthetics and never stopped me or anyone from robbing).
ANYWAY, I sold all mine, and my skills increased, over time, but I still see them when robbing folks with high stats. Guess my question is:
" Do Defense Buildings work at all, and how do they work? Just bottom line stats? Or do they actually "defend" buildings?"

The scam that is defense buildings was the first parting of the curtains that allowed us to peek into the window of Funzio's soul. We should have turned and run that very moment.

sister morphine
03-04-2015, 08:29 AM
At first they were face value, but many players filled their hoods with forests of towers and became almost impossible to rob. So Funzio nerfed defence buildings. I think the players who did so much to suss out the game concluded that the new values were the level 1 stat, plus 50% of the level 1 stat for each upgrade. They became almost worthless after that, and the only recommendation was to buy the buildings with smallest footprint and high level 1 value, if any.

Stupid really, if they hadn't taken away the M4A1 players with enough of those could probably have robbed the foresters anyway. :p

Winnson
03-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Defense buildings scream at everyone that comes to your hood:

'Take it, just take it all!'

LOL, Defense buildings.

Santoro
03-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Defense buildings are absolutely pointless...amateur