PDA

View Full Version : Modern War Weekly Feedback (3/3/15)

Relic
03-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Hello Modern War Community!

This thread is for you to post your valuable feedback on Modern War. Every Tuesday we will sticky a new weekly feedback thread so you can conveniently post your opinions on the game. This thread will not only give you an easily accessible place to share your thoughts with us, but it will also consolidate your feedback making it more efficient for Community staff to gather and report to the Development Team.

The intention of the thread is to collect the ongoing thoughts from our customers, it is not meant for discussion.

When providing feedback, please keep it constructive, on-topic, non-inflammatory, and break it down into the following categories:

In-Game Events
Customer Support
Community Support
Game Stability & Issues

Please note that this thread is not a substitution for reporting bugs and issues to Customer Support.

Thank you,

The GREE Community Team

Agent Orange
03-03-2015, 11:32 AM
IOS 5.0.4 issues on iPhone 5/6 freezes on log in screen. Deleting and then reinstalling the app allows one log in cycle then needs to be repeated. This feels like the same problem that occurred in MW 4.5.x and was fixed in 5.0.1 which btw does not suffer this problem.

Adding VIP allies on IOS causes app to crash.

Mission targets unhittable <- note new word, only solution is to uninstall and the reinstall app on IOS. Perhaps a cache flushing option is in order?

Very very very sloooooooooooooooow loading times on IOS all devices when they do work.

Still locks up when attacking from newsfeed on IOS.

Android, top level units unlocked even though player is not at that level, seems only to view though as buying generates server error.

Android, working as it should, please fix to match IOS....

STREAK1
03-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Android can't log on the game when you get to apollo colonel 21.4b battle points please fix this.

Brown Out
03-03-2015, 11:54 AM
"Collect All" button still doesn't show up when I'm on my base, unless I perform an action like clicking on a building, going to rivals list, etc etc.

ezmunie
03-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Adding VIP allies on IOS causes app to crash.

Mission targets unhittable <- note new word, only solution is to uninstall and the reinstall app on IOS.

Still locks up when attacking from newsfeed on IOS.

iOS: targets not hittable: Uninstalling and reinstalling game gives the option to hit targets, but it doesn't last. Once I leave the map and go back, same thing happens... targets are not hittable.

Android, defense stats broken. Faction unlocked bonus not unlocked on android.

Hobbs
03-03-2015, 12:20 PM
I believe the Alliance Defence Boosts is not working.
It's shows in stats(IOS) but does not work!!
I'm showing 72b defence but when I ask someone to attack me and report they see 34b defence?? And when they raid its 24.5b defence?
I have sent Tickets,I have started a thread over a month Ago,but all I have received is an unrelated answer from CS and no answer from Mods/Devs in my post on Forum.
This is across the board on Both Platforms from the comments I have heard,Alliance Defence is also a TOP TIER bonuses and would require a sufficient amount of Gold Use to get most of the permanent Bonuses.
An answer or some feedback on Would be appreciated.

Annihilator2
03-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Stupid thread. We post our feedback and don't receive any response (real in bug fixes or virtual in promise for fixes and time table, ways of service improvement, etc.).

sstuutss
03-03-2015, 12:46 PM
community support - n the last week amounts to less than 10 posts (other than copy and paste jobs like this), with even less addressing community issues.

KillerDriller
03-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Still waiting for Gree to fix the game so I have some map missions. I am unable to collect any of these new units as there are no missions listed nor arrows pointing out what to hit on any maps. It has been several months of the usual. "We know about the issue and are working on a fix. Thanks for your patience". I will try to upload a screen shot to show what I am referring to.

http://i60.tinypic.com/312hgtl.jpg

Relic
03-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Stupid thread. We post our feedback and don't receive any response (real in bug fixes or virtual in promise for fixes and time table, ways of service improvement, etc.).

Just a quick reminder that this thread is not for discussion, it's for us to gather your feedback and report it directly to the team and provide an easy place for them to view your thoughts.

Thank you

plavine
03-03-2015, 01:21 PM
1) another raid boss that isn't fun
A) you do realize that the only reason to do the LTQs for a lot of players is for the folder drops( once u get the bonus). if we don't need folders because the boss health is too high , then we won't do he LTQs either .
2) I don't expect to finish master - but I do expect to do some normal - not fun anymore
3) invisible targets
4) back to back LTQs

Naughty Toon
03-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Android can't log on the game when you get to apollo colonel 21.4b battle points please fix this.

AMEN!!!!!!

Ozymandias
03-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Just a quick reminder that this thread is not for discussion, it's for us to gather your feedback and report it directly to the team and provide an easy place for them to view your thoughts.

Thank you

Feedback does not appear to be acted on or responded to, anywhere.

Issue with alliance defence not working is being completely ignored.

Moderation is getting silly, and communication non existent

That's my feedback.

Relic
03-03-2015, 04:19 PM

Feedback does not appear to be acted on or responded to, anywhere.

Issue with alliance defence not working is being completely ignored.

Moderation is getting silly, and communication non existent

That's my feedback.

Just to make you aware and to reiterate what's been communicated on this before: Clem and I pass along the feedback on a weekly basis, often more than weekly. Please note that once feedback is passed along it is up to the development team.

Funktacular
03-03-2015, 05:18 PM
New sea 4% boost building is not working, I am on droid. Did not affect my total boost or stats. 200 gold...

Naughty Toon
03-03-2015, 05:50 PM
It seems as though the mods are the ONLY ones on top of their jobs, just wondering if the mods ever get responses either

Mikelord
03-03-2015, 06:34 PM
In-Game Events
-have a sticky of a comprehensive list of modern war issues as new ones come out every day with each event being bugged and there isn't a day that has gone by for a year where any event you roll out something major is wrong with it.

Customer Support
-non existent, I have sent in tickets just like the rest over the past 3 years, the majority are handled so poor 3rd world countries be gettin rich

Community Support-
- we as a community feel like when u "pass back info to the developers" "and it is up to the to decide what tô do" makes it sound a whole lot like hey I try really hard to pass back all your info and feedback, what I'm not telling you is when the developers look me in the face and laugh and say we ain't putting or fixing that *profanity removed* we are creating new ideas to roll out like equipment...... YEA get that?

Game Stability & Issues
- we have opened numerous threads already discussing over 100 plus proably issues with the layers of code thrown on top of old code that ends up causing new glitches. We ask u fix what needs to be fixed from day 1. Still haven't gotten that.

Ozymandias
03-04-2015, 02:40 AM
Just to make you aware and to reiterate what's been communicated on this before: Clem and I pass along the feedback on a weekly basis, often more than weekly. Please note that once feedback is passed along it is up to the development team.

That's a massive problem right there. And at the very least you should be communicating back the status and response. If they aren't telling you, you have a big problem. But either way, if you ask us, you should take responsibility and "own" getting an appropriate response back, not just blame someone else.

^^^ that's my feedback on an apparent lack of connection between community management and development, and the need to improve ownership of responses to the community.

East Coast Bias
03-04-2015, 06:23 AM
So Clem and you are like the guys in the mail room? For your sake, I'd actually recommend finding another job where you feel like you are part of the solution. These guys just put you in the firing line daily with no backing.

Hobbs
03-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Still waiting for any input or feedback !!!

Relic
03-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Still waiting for any input or feedback !!!

We have gotten some but I agree that we need to keep this on-topic. No career suggestions for Clem and me, not saying the thread is stupid, just feedback that we can report, please.

Thank you.

Hobbs
03-04-2015, 10:55 AM
We have gotten some but I agree that we need to keep this on-topic. No career suggestions for Clem and me, not saying the thread is stupid, just feedback that we can report, please.

Thank you.
I'm referring the feedback to my earlier post regarding the fact that Alliance Defence boost does not work!
Would appreciate if you can report that defence when attacked/raided is significantly lower then it should be,please read my earlier post on this thread RELIC,thanks

groovy shags
03-04-2015, 10:58 AM
lol...and the other 100 issues in the "broken" thread waiting for feedback?

Annihilator2
03-04-2015, 12:00 PM

Thank you

Thank you :(

I don't see any meaning in the feedback that you (team) don't use. The troubles with game only increase from day to day and you (Gree) do not do anything with this. More and more people have troubles with entering into the game. There is no patience already.

In-Game Events
Customer Support
Community Support
Game Stability & Issues - - - all is bad and no improvements at all.

ezmunie
03-04-2015, 01:25 PM
New update on iOS works great on my devices... iphone 5, ipad 2 & ipad 3.

GeoffW
03-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Latest iOS update, 5.05 - the Inventory Special tab is still blank, despite this being one of the listed fixes.

Ozymandias
03-04-2015, 02:04 PM

Thank you.

People think the thread is stupid because it appears to have no impact, and leads to no response. That's important feedback

DelAWOL
03-04-2015, 02:29 PM
What happened to dev notes and ask the devs, it's been several weeks since we had either, at least when we had those we had some clue as to what they were working on

andy2
03-04-2015, 03:18 PM

Thank you.

You expect feedback from us. We expect feedback from you. Doesnt work when only one side provides the info, feels as if there is no point and then you stop getting the info.

Relic
03-04-2015, 04:57 PM
You expect feedback from us. We expect feedback from you. Doesnt work when only one side provides the info, feels as if there is no point and then you stop getting the info.

Right now all we have to offer in return is that we've absolutely passed along the feedback to the team, and that doesn't seem to make the community very happy.

I have, however, forwarded to the dev team that a weekly thread with responses to your feedback be posted, so they're aware of it. It's a great idea and I think it would be a great addition to the forum.

East Coast Bias
03-05-2015, 01:09 AM
Right now all we have to offer in return is that we've absolutely passed along the feedback to the team, and that doesn't seem to make the community very happy.

I have, however, forwarded to the dev team that a weekly thread with responses to your feedback be posted, so they're aware of it. It's a great idea and I think it would be a great addition to the forum.

Why would you think that merely passing the info would make us happy? There are tons of outstanding issues that have never been addressed, while your company continues to roll out new features and events - totally ignoring our feedback. Now, do you think that we are unreasonable for being unhappy? Again, this isn't about you guys who are being dumped into this situation, but please don't try to make it seem as though the community has not acted in good faith or has not been patient. But rather, your company's attitude and lack of responsiveness is to blame. In what world is asking to slow down and fixing problems before pushing out new crap is unreasonable?

Pidgeot
03-05-2015, 01:21 AM
To add to this, the only thing taken away that we have voiced was the removal of equipment. If you really listened to us, you would know we dont want a 7 day WD. We even had a poll and many threads saying we did not like or ask for it. Is anything being done about the 2.1b issues the games are having?

Ozymandias
03-05-2015, 02:04 AM

The point is bigger than just this thread. Once upon a time, if people had issues or questions, they'd post them in a thread, and they'd get answered by the gree moderators/community managers either from knowledge, or by going away and asking the devs and reporting back. They'd take ownership of answering the question. This just isn't happening anymore. This is despite acknowledgement a couple of months ago during AMA's that communication needed to improve. Since then it's gone backwards. Right now there are some massive issues with the game... not least the 32bit restriction on Android, and alliance defence bonuses not seeming to work. Yet there's not even an acknowledgement of these issues, let alone communication of when they are likely to be fixed. From the community perspective, its really really hard to understand why this would be the case. In Tadahah's day, while there were still lots of game problems, he/she at least was visibly communicating with us and trying to solve issues. The practice now, for whatever reason, appears to be to one of ignoring everything and hoping it goes away.

Rob TRK
03-05-2015, 03:38 AM
I guess I'm one of the less unhappy folks around as far as the game is concerned. Generally for me the game works, there are some issues out there and unintended glitches. I feel for the Android folks who are locked out - that needs sorting as priority.

The point in all of this, is communication and a roadmap of intended change would go an awful long ways to giving players their faith that the company
A. Cares
B. Recognises that there are things that need attention
C. Has a plan of action

I'm less bothered about the next event publication, I am bothered that any good IT company plans a scheduled set of releases to fix issues and tells customers when they plan to do it. Usually they plan major and minor releases

E.g
Release x.x - minor release
Planned to fix bugs x, y, z
Target release April 15
Release x.x - major release
Planned for new content, plus significant fixes a,b,c
Target release June 15

Then allow time for incident handling and emergency fixes. Based on the capacity of the team and the impacting of the work with allowance for the inevitable contingencies to deal with unexpected issues.
Get the Devs to communicate at that level and as time gets closer a confirmed release scope list.
Guess what most of the players will be more understanding. It's the absence of any visible plans that create the rumours, speculation and downright condemnation/vitriol that arrives through these threads.
Say what you are going to do, then meet your promises and if you can't for some reason say it early. Bad news never ages well...

Annihilator2
03-05-2015, 03:38 AM
Conclusion: we want dialog, we don't want to speak into the void.
This is the main "feedback" in this week.

Naughty Toon
03-05-2015, 06:38 AM
Check again when building complete, ive noticed that stats used to show as soon as you hit build, now they don't show till complete.

Rolinz
03-05-2015, 08:41 AM

How about at least responding to this thread what you guys have forwarded to the Developers. It feels like no one is listening to us when we post our feedback and you guys do not acknowledge what you have forwarded to the Developers.

If you at least respond that this issue or that issue is being addressed, we would not feel like we are talking to a wall.

Communication is a 2-way street. It might get redundant but at least we will know if we are being ignored or at the least heard and you guys are doing something.

I updated to v5.05 and Specials Inventory is still empty. I am guessing the "fix" did not work.

At least the "Attack" from the news feed appears to be working.

Naughty Toon
03-05-2015, 09:41 AM
I agree a weekly, this is what we presented developers would put the community at ease. I know first hand the mods are working as Relic has passed along the 2.14 bp lock out for droid to developers for me and on behalf of all locked out. Much appreciated

Fergus14
03-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Please sort the boost issue that has been widely reported as not working.

Stats show in profile eg 59b defence but when someone attacks you they see 28b on their screen so it's obviously not working.

CC1
03-05-2015, 01:54 PM
I believe the Alliance Defence Boosts is not working.
It's shows in stats(IOS) but does not work!!
I'm showing 72b defence but when I ask someone to attack me and report they see 34b defence?? And when they raid its 24.5b defence?
I have sent Tickets,I have started a thread over a month Ago,but all I have received is an unrelated answer from CS and no answer from Mods/Devs in my post on Forum.
This is across the board on Both Platforms from the comments I have heard,Alliance Defence is also a TOP TIER bonuses and would require a sufficient amount of Gold Use to get most of the permanent Bonuses.
An answer or some feedback on Would be appreciated.

Same problem here. This extremely annoying. Kind of an important feature of this game don’t you think? FIX THE DARN DEFENSE STATS/BOOSTS!!!!!!!!!!!

1) another raid boss that isn't fun …

Exactly our team’s thoughts. It used to be one of our favorite events. Now we haaaate it. Whatever nuclear bomb blew up boss health also destroyed the fun. Our team just finished normal and are taking the rest of the event off. Horrible experience.

edit/addition: ditto on the two-way communication. Us talking in the dark without so much as an acknowledgement that we've been heard is very frustrating. Acknowledging the feedback we give coupled with a periodic status update would go a long, loooong way to gaining some goodwill from the players.

East Coast Bias
03-05-2015, 04:15 PM
To add to this, the only thing taken away that we have voiced was the removal of equipment. If you really listened to us, you would know we dont want a 7 day WD. We even had a poll and many threads saying we did not like or ask for it. Is anything being done about the 2.1b issues the games are having?

I don't think the majority think that the equipment was removed due to our feedback, but they realized that it didn't work and could get them in to deep trouble because people spent gold to acquire something that could not be incorporated into the game.

EZfodder
03-05-2015, 11:43 PM
I know the game can be frustrating at the moment with bugs and larger changes out of the blue. However I would advice using the three c's when giving feedback to GREE:
Constructive, concrete and carrying. That is the only way to get this game back on the track, especially if the feedback is used and taken serious.
Two minor things I'd like changed: The stats are sky rocketing so it get more less impossible to tell if your attack is larger than a given persons defense. Which of these two number is the largest: 439755843 or 3250984756? That can be hard to see on a little phone screen. I would like to see some separations in the number, like 3.250.984.756.
Furthermore. It is so boring to buy walls and it takes for ever because you have to confirm every single upgrade. Building 30 walls to level 15 is 2x15x30=900 clicks. Given et takes to seconds per level (some times more if there is connection issues) it is 30 minutes of absolutely not funny gaming. At least remove the confirmation button or make bulk buy of some kind.
Thanks

groovy shags
03-06-2015, 07:54 AM
How about the 3 C's for GREE

1) communicate
2) communicate
3) communicate

Still hundreds of questions and problems with zero feedback!

Layon
03-06-2015, 08:25 AM
How about the 3 C's for GREE

1) communicate
2) communicate
3) communicate

Still hundreds of questions and problems with zero feedback!Amen. For me the stunt they pulled with increasing boss health by a factor of 10 in one month time was the last straw. Our faction went from being able to make prestige to not being able to make regular over night. It took a lot of effort as free gold faction get to the point of being able to make prestige and if that can be erased as quickly as that it has killed all motivation.

Captain Buck Slayer
03-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Dear GREE International Incorporated,
I would like to speak to you about an increase in health and/or difficulty in the last Raid Boss Event. The large increase made it nearly impossible to finish Prestige/Masters Missions without large amounts of gold use, or stats in the trillions. Which players in the top 300-150 do not have. I believe the prestige missions should be geared towards factions top 300 and higher, like it used to be. I think you would make a lot more money as a company if you restored the events previous difficulty. I know that very few in my faction YankeeOne will spend gold on events this impossible. If you want our money please restore the way the game used to be. Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,
YankeeOne

Mikelord
03-06-2015, 10:40 AM
I already posted my feedback, but want to reiterate it incase it wasn't clear the first time, yes we as customers would like to see or hear about what fixes your implementing or in under the works, because right now from what we see your just breaking the game day by day and stealing retarted people's money, now I'm fine if u steal retarted people's money, that's not my money being put into your dinner bowl, I'm smarter than to give a company and more of my money when u can't even tell us any plans of action.

The communicate, communicate, communicate part hits right on the nose. If u want my money, u have to show me this game is worth spending on, not some watch 409 videos on android and get a free vault, or if your IOS u can pay 100$ instead... Or if your outside America u can pay 120$ but we know that's why there's 40% off now, cause no one would buy 20% if they are outside America.

One last point about game play-
We have a thread, with a comprehensive list that we would like u to forward to the developers and tell us what the **** your working on cause, I'm not quite sure exactly what it is u push out in updates.... If u notice other games updates have SPECCIFIC WORDS DESCRIBING WHATS BEING IMPLIMENTED OR FIXED AND ALL YOUR UPDATES EVER SAY ARE "bug fixes, performance enhancements, lots of fixes! And yet your your own worse enemy cause almost 110% (yes gree math 99%+1%=110%) of the time u fix one thing in the code and break two more.

Captain Buck Slayer
03-06-2015, 10:45 AM
I urge the rest of the modern war community to lighten up on gold use. They will only change if they feel it in their pocket book.

CC1
03-07-2015, 08:37 AM
I urge the rest of the modern war community to lighten up on gold use. They will only change if they feel it in their pocket book.

Already did. Every gold-user on our team went free. The last hold out was pushed over the edge with the defense error issue.

ezmunie
03-07-2015, 10:10 AM
It would have been nice to know that there was an increase in $$$ gained or lost during attacks. When did this change?

If the raid boss health stays the same, you can count my faction out of the next event. Not worth collecting folders or participating when we don't have any chance of completing prestige.

My current epic boss is doing the same thing it did last time. No indication on boss health meter after level 7. I just won't do anymore since I can't see what I'm doing. Not going to spend gold, cash, or even worry about a free hit.

My feedback this time around... not good.

menmylac
03-07-2015, 01:36 PM
EARNING BATTLE POINTS DURING FL

FL events has been running for several months now, and there needs to be a way for players to earn battle points during FL.

Option 1: Base battle points off the # of deploys
Option 2: Base battle points off the # of deploy points
Option 3: Whatever you come up with

Thanks!!!

CC1
03-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Please fix defense stats. Every single player I've checked is having the problem (more than 30). Raid/attack results shows players defense 30% - 50% lower than what is stated in their profile.