PDA

View Full Version : The new Economic Center building

Jimmymanfunfun
03-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Hey, so I've sorted through threads and been looking around because I assume someone's already pointed this out, but I just can't find anyone talking about this so forgive the potential re-post... But what's up with the Economic Center having the exact same design as the Curragh Engineering building?
At first I thought they made the Curragh available again for some reason until I went to build it.
Is this likely that they would recycle an existing building design, (it even has a different payout and collect time), and call it something else? and if so..why? It's weird, is all. :confused:

thescondo
03-03-2015, 08:14 AM
It may mean that the end is near?

SGT Rud
03-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Yes, this is a first that they have re-used the same building design twice for a building on your base. But most of, if not all, the buildings are original buildings from the map levels. So with this in mind, they are all recycled images.

thescondo
03-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Yes SGT Rud that is correct!

It's funny that they reused a reused + reused drawing - there are other drawings they could of used -

At the very least this is an example of extremely lazy programming - shows the really don't care about the game and or the people that work on it son't even play it - No?

Jimmymanfunfun
03-03-2015, 10:42 AM
At the very least this is an example of extremely lazy programming
No?

Yeah, unfortunately I figured that the end scenario likely just ends up boiling down to this.. probably nothing much further to read in to it than that.

I actually enjoy receiving new buildings/building designs (high income or otherwise) as most of my game-play revolves around growing & constructing my base.
Are we already to the point where the building designs are going to start being recycled, guised under different names?

"Introducing the ANTarctic Mining Rigz!"
"Coming soon: The Rational, Reasonable Scientist Lab."
"New LTE available today! Thee, uuhhh.. The *Unconcealed Gem*"

thescondo
03-03-2015, 10:51 AM
I actually enjoy receiving new buildings/building designs (high income or otherwise) as most of my game-play revolves around growing & constructing my base.

I agree - Best part of the game!

Jimmymanfunfun
03-03-2015, 10:59 AM
"Introducing the ANTarctic Mining Rigz!"
"Coming soon: The Rational, Reasonable Scientist Lab."
"New LTE available today! Thee, uuhhh.. The *Unconcealed Gem*"

In fact.
Since there's nothing really else to cover in the OP, I'm gunna hijack my own thread and suggest "lazy remarketing attempts to rehash old LTE buildings."

I'll get it started with a couple more:
"Zambezi 1-hour Kinkos"
The "Arc de Forfeit"

Agent Orange
03-03-2015, 11:20 AM
More logically, we complained about how massive the dataset was becoming so recycling graphics makes sense and screws folks up at the same time....

NexusImperium
03-03-2015, 12:25 PM
I agree with Agent Orange, the game's data files aren't organized efficiently and so the addition of new stuff just contributes to data bloat.

Ragin Asian
03-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Gree ran out of ideas on building design, nothing new here. They have always recycled unit designs, just check your inventory, many are the same just different name.

Bala82
03-03-2015, 01:11 PM
There really should release some new money buildings past level 50 , crime city has cash building level 185

Ragin Asian
03-03-2015, 01:21 PM
What they need is better cash units, a new building that costs 1 billion and has high output maybe even a gold generating building

Rolinz
03-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Just plain lazy of GREE.

Ozymandias
03-03-2015, 01:42 PM
More logically, we complained about how massive the dataset was becoming so recycling graphics makes sense and screws folks up at the same time....

Yeah, but there's lots of buildings on the maps which aren't used as buildings to buy, which could be used before reusing ltbs

Jimmymanfunfun
03-03-2015, 01:48 PM
What they need is better cash units, a new building that costs 1 billion and has high output maybe even a gold generating building

That would be amazing. Lord knows we deserve it. Especially us daily players of upwards of 3+ years. (I know some people roll their eyes at those kinds of statements) but hey, we've stuck it out with Gree through a ton of ups and downs- and it would be a huge incentive and a really fun building to be a part of the inventory.
I still really enjoy game.. but then again, I don't place in LTQs and faction missions, etc.
The way I play the game is I build up my stats, I like to build my inventory, I build my base and IPH and I work towards maxing out faction bonuses on my own.

Can anyone actually see Gree ever releasing a LE Building that pays gold? That would be so cool.
The building designs itself too. The "Goldmine."

Robespierre
03-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Can anyone actually see Gree ever releasing a LE Building that pays gold? That would be so cool.
The building designs itself too. The "Goldmine."

I'll put it right next to my elixir collectors! Sweet! Wait....

SunWuKong
03-03-2015, 11:47 PM
cant upgrade cause still trying to expand the land.