PDA

View Full Version : Rumor MW Shutting Down - That's Why Less/No Reply From Mod/Customer Service

SunWuKong
03-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Need some confirmation as there is a legit rumor that MW will be shutting down. It seems like there is some ground for this cause there is no update on some of the bugs (lockout / 32 bit integer errors etc).

When you log ticket to customer service, there is no reply. Seems like the MW division has been drastically reduced.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Need some confirmation as there is a legit rumor that MW will be shutting down. It seems like there is some ground for this cause there is no update on some of the bugs (lockout / 32 bit integer errors etc).

When you log ticket to customer service, there is no reply. Seems like the MW division has been drastically reduced.

We have heard similar rumors for months.
If its true or false, so what?
Its not akin to the entire monetary system collapsing, the third world war breaking out, nuclear holocaust, worldwide plagues, devastating pestilence, mothers eating their babies, or an invasion of alien hordes from Saturn.
If this game dies I'm guessing there'll be about 600 to 1,000 tappers weeping along with a couple hundred Gree employees.
The rest of us will be expressing different emotions. LOL

SunWuKong
03-02-2015, 05:25 PM
chances is extremely high this round. See if there is any news on those bugs cause if you see they dont patch means they redirect their resources.

best is buy gold but to allow you to sustain for a while. When they come out with the gold boost, we already suspected they may be trying to milk as much as possible before the deadline.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-02-2015, 05:33 PM
chances is extremely high this round. See if there is any news on those bugs cause if you see they dont patch means they redirect their resources.

best is buy gold but to allow you to sustain for a while. When they come out with the gold boost, we already suspected they may be trying to milk as much as possible before the deadline.

I, for one, won't bat an eye, shed a tear, or in anyway be sad; if the entire Gree game making enterprise were to fold.
To be fair, I'm sure they wouldn't miss me, either! LOL

Speed ump
03-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Lol, the doom and gloom guys. No response? Why would that be different than in other time in their history? Conversion to 64 bit won't actually be that difficult, one man operations will be doing it, so I'm sure gree won't have an issue with this. The financial reports of loses? A one time charge they took is mostly responsible for that as opposed to showing a profit. It will happen at some point, but the things you're using to determine that time is now, don't add up the way you'd like to believe. When income is lower than what's needed to turn a reasonable profit, is when it goes. Not based on what gree overall is doing, unless the whole company goes down.

SunWuKong
03-02-2015, 05:49 PM
some of top 5 team already stop buying gold and use the existing gold. await for news or update.

ezmunie
03-02-2015, 06:12 PM
I just did a little research and imo, there's no way they are shutting down.

Evil Mastermind
03-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Think I heard that same rumor a year ago, and the year before. Guess some things are just rumors.

Comrade John
03-02-2015, 06:39 PM
I think it's more hope that they are shutting down than anything. Worse case scenario, they buy cheap servers and just stop updating and let the free money roll in for as long as it covers the servers. Even just watching videos gives them free money.

NexusImperium
03-02-2015, 08:18 PM
I am also very honestly doubtful that this game is going to shut down in the short or medium term.

The thing to watch for is points in FL/WD earned by SUP. If their point totals ever drop by more than 30-40%, then the end is nigh.

2MblaZ
03-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Rumors, rumors... Financial loss is just that in global corporate - they are expanding due to acquisitions, not organically, and revenues fluctuate, so it's nothing to write whole story based upon one [or even few] red quarters. They may be consolidating, reorganizing, restructuring and myriad other financial moves... Quality control and customer service is a key issue for them, hopefully they're fixing it. Until then - game will go on until it becomes unprofitable [running expenses exceed revenues from particular title] - then - aurevoir.

:cool:

major willy
03-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Bye bye gree. Lmao. You have a great business. Not

Maestro
03-02-2015, 09:31 PM
They have a new game out around the end of 4th quarter I read someplace. I think The developer of line is a partner in it.
If that report is true Id give odds the gree will be around. MW wise if the update is cheep this WD may pay for it. Then cutting customer service keeps costs low in the future.

Comrade John
03-03-2015, 09:13 AM
no response is awesome

legalious
03-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Rumors are just what they are for this case, just rumors.

Relic
03-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Modern War is not shutting down.

Never trust information unless it comes from an official source.

Agent Orange
03-03-2015, 09:53 AM

In my business, news, official sources are not always trusted sources just as some news outlets are not to be trusted such as Fox 'news'.

The real answer is likely, as long as quotas are met MW gets to live on. If revenues drop to a specific cut off point they pull the plug. So guys spend,spend, and spend till it hurts........

2MblaZ
03-03-2015, 10:00 AM
In my business, news, official sources are not always trusted sources just as some news outlets are not to be trusted such as Fox 'news'.

The real answer is likely, as long as quotas are met MW gets to live on. If revenues drop to a specific cut off point they pull the plug. So guys spend,spend, and spend till it hurts........

Yes, such awesome news outlets as CNN are very much to be 'trusted'... no doubt :rolleyes:

Agent Orange
03-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Yes, such awesome news outlets as CNN are very much to be 'trusted'... no doubt :rolleyes:

Hey as long as they tow the gov't line they get fed their stories.....

good gawd noooo
03-03-2015, 12:08 PM
the game will stay up as long as people are willing to deal with lousy customer service.. working hard for stats to lose them due to changes NOT announced by company til after they are in effect.. and a company focused on keeping things interesting too the top 3% and thus screwing over the "fun" parts for the other 97%. Gree in the last couple months has focused solely on making the game more challenging to players that have been in game for 3 years or more and always in a top 10(being generous) team. those that have been in game but content at mid level etc are now unable to complete even the basic levels for free. THAT is why this game will end because the profits will drop and so will the amount of active accounts.. No matter what gree "spokespeople " say this game is in more trouble then ever before.

Sheldor Sir
03-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Rumors like this only get air time due to lack of ANY expeditious feedback or meaningful responses !!

ezmunie
03-03-2015, 12:33 PM
the game will stay up as long as people are willing to deal with lousy customer service.. working hard for stats to lose them due to changes NOT announced by company til after they are in effect.. and a company focused on keeping things interesting too the top 3% and thus screwing over the "fun" parts for the other 97%. Gree in the last couple months has focused solely on making the game more challenging to players that have been in game for 3 years or more and always in a top 10(being generous) team. those that have been in game but content at mid level etc are now unable to complete even the basic levels for free. THAT is why this game will end because the profits will drop and so will the amount of active accounts.. No matter what gree "spokespeople " say this game is in more trouble then ever before.

No matter what you're told, some of you have up your minds and won't listen to reason. A mod answers your questions and still, you don't believe a word they say. What a bunch of idiots!

Tinker
03-03-2015, 01:03 PM
No matter what you're told, some of you have up your minds and won't listen to reason. A mod answers your questions and still, you don't believe a word they say. What a bunch of idiots!

I suppose you also treated the news updates during the Irac war from Bagdad Bob as the Gospel.
Why would the front man from a dying company jeopardize the already declining revenue?
Of course he is going to say "Nothing to see here. Move on. Oh, and keep buying Gold"

clown
03-03-2015, 01:34 PM

In general a very accurate statement. However in regards to this game the "official sources" have repeatedly provided vague/inaccurate/inconsistent/misleading/or NO information

ezmunie
03-03-2015, 01:57 PM
I suppose you also treated the news updates during the Irac war from Bagdad Bob as the Gospel.
Why would the front man from a dying company jeopardize the already declining revenue?
Of course he is going to say "Nothing to see here. Move on. Oh, and keep buying Gold"

I was always told, "Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear."

I see a bunch of naysayers running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Rumors are just that... rumors.

All major companies have ups and downs, gains and losses. You see it in the stock market every day. Those companies don't jump ship and shut everything down.

This is the most negative bunch of folks I've ever seen.

DelAWOL
03-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Ezmunie I will take you at your word and say you are an honourable player and good intentioned however seemingly naive, Gree through MW are following the path of many many badly run companies,
1 rushing out products that are not fit for purpose either through bad design, poor code or just plain stupidity.
2 alienating the majority of the customer base.
3 complete lack of customer service via tickets and meaningless posts from the mod team, note the absence of dev notes and ask the Devs for several weeks.
4 banning people who dare to question them and in MW case locking threads that have good valid questions.
5 trying to push up income by increasing prices, new buildings etc etc higher energy requirements that need gold to complete or even get to the level you were last time.
Companies always make the mistake of pushing up to recoup losses and boost falling income when in reality the solution is to cut prices to get more consumers to spend thus increasing revenue.
The mods etc can say as often as they like that MW is not closing but when people leave the game in droves or become gold free players the end is sadly inevitable as the game will no longer generate enough income to make it worthwhile, it may not be this month or next but rest assured unless there is a dramatic turnaround the game is on its last legs

Relic
03-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Ezmunie I will take you at your word and say you are an honourable player and good intentioned however seemingly naive, Gree through MW are following the path of many many badly run companies,
1 rushing out products that are not fit for purpose either through bad design, poor code or just plain stupidity.
2 alienating the majority of the customer base.
3 complete lack of customer service via tickets and meaningless posts from the mod team, note the absence of dev notes and ask the Devs for several weeks.
4 banning people who dare to question them and in MW case locking threads that have good valid questions.
5 trying to push up income by increasing prices, new buildings etc etc higher energy requirements that need gold to complete or even get to the level you were last time.
Companies always make the mistake of pushing up to recoup losses and boost falling income when in reality the solution is to cut prices to get more consumers to spend thus increasing revenue.
The mods etc can say as often as they like that MW is not closing but when people leave the game in droves or become gold free players the end is sadly inevitable as the game will no longer generate enough income to make it worthwhile, it may not be this month or next but rest assured unless there is a dramatic turnaround the game is on its last legs

I'm going to intercept again and then put this thread to rest.

Customer Support will answer tickets in the order they are received, so turnaround time can vary based on the volume of tickets. A reminder that if you keep opening new tickets for the same issue, your inquiry will become "new" again and move down he queue. Please refrain from opening more ticket for the same subject if you are doing so. It will lead to a longer wait.

We don't ban people for trivial matters. There is a Code of Conduct that must be adhered to on the forum, and if someone repeatedly violates the rules it can lead to temporary or permanent ban. I can't stress this enough: We do not have a problem with people voicing their frustration and negative feedback on the forum. We simply ask that it's done minus vulgarity and insults. It's not that hard to do. You're a smart bunch, I know you can say things in a constructive manner.

To reiterate: There are no plans to shut Modern War down. The rumor is incorrect, and because it is, there is no reason to have this thread be open any longer.

Locking it up.