PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Mafia?

tctt
10-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Is there a downside to having too many Mafia?

khung003
10-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes & No.

You can use all/most weapons in inventory.
You are more visible in more rival lists.

tctt
10-16-2011, 01:48 PM
So if you have top weapons, you can have a smaller mafia and be on a smaller rivals list, yet still be powerful due to your own weapons?

khung003
10-16-2011, 02:28 PM
sort of.

you're surely strong if you equip all your mafias with strong weapons, the people who can see you (in their rival list) are more likely same as your level and mafia size. So other people will find it harder to beat you.

(note:the formular to extract/get the your rival list data is complicated, it's hard discuss about it in some lines, the more you play the more you understand about it)

whocareswhatmynameis
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't see any downside to having the "right" mafia size. By "right", I mean lean and mean, ie, smaller but better equipped. I initially had 200+ mafia, but found that I was constantly beaten and robbed because I was weak. So, I downgraded to 50 and started equipping my men/women with the best weapons. In addition, I fortified my turf with defense buildings. I am now stronger compared to players in my rival list. Only gold spenders have higher stats. I hope this helps you make a decision.

tctt
10-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't see any downside to having the "right" mafia size. By "right", I mean lean and mean, ie, smaller but better equipped. I initially had 200+ mafia, but found that I was constantly beaten and robbed because I was weak. So, I downgraded to 50 and started equipping my men/women with the best weapons. In addition, I fortified my turf with defense buildings. I am now stronger compared to players in my rival list. Only gold spenders have higher stats. I hope this helps you make a decision.

Did you just keep any 50, or were they the higher level players?

whocareswhatmynameis
10-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Did you just keep any 50, or were they the higher level players?

I kept mostly higher players. That way, I can check their stats and neighborhood. I am relatively selective with regards to who I select for new mafia, limiting mostly to active participants in this forum.

Duke.0
10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
I look at it like this.

I may not have the all the best gear, but i have enough gear to fully equip my mafia always.
I am level 40 and i have 102 mafia, during a fight i use the full 510 items. Most people my level who have more mafia then me, and even less mafia, do NOT use anywhere near that many items. Before i add anybody to my mafia i make sure i have enough items to support the extra person or henchmen. So far, only Gold spenders have beaten me in fights for the most part.

My Stats:
Level 40
102 Mafia
Att - 2100
Def - 2154
$/Hr - $6044

I did an experiment just now where i removed two mafia and see the changes in my stats and my ATK and DEF both dropped about 30 points.

So....i would say, have a lean and mean mafia would be better then one that has 100's or 1000's of members.

khung003
10-26-2011, 01:30 PM
yeah, you look strong :D

whocareswhatmynameis
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
@Duke.0: just added you to my list; you have done a good job with your neighborhood; keep expanding and building new income properties.

Duke.0
10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
@Duke.0: just added you to my list; you have done a good job with your neighborhood; keep expanding and building new income properties.

Thanks, i checked out yours too you got a ton of money coming in per hour! Perhaps i need to slow down and not level so fast....although i'm not really attempting to level fast, its just kind of happening as i'm doing goals and fights.

Back to original post...Too many mafia!
As far as the number of mafia is concerned.

Something i was just thinking about..

Looking at the number of weapons i have (409), considering i only have 103 mafia, there has to be some weapons not being used.

I guess what im trying to say is, you can have a large mafia, thats not a problem. The problem occurs when you don't have enough equipment for each mafia member which will result in several mafia members not having gear on during a fight.

Example....100 mafia members, you only own 60 cars. That means that 40 mafia members are now missing a piece of equipment.
Even if you had 40 junkers, that's 40 more attack / 40 more defense that you would be bringing into battle. That might make a difference.

There is no right or wrong answer to the question of "how many mafia is good?". I'm just saying, i would think that:

fully equipped mafia > mafia missing items

hydrota
10-26-2011, 04:20 PM
I am about level 80. I had 400 mafia and my rival list had up to level 200 players. I couldnt hardly ever find someone too beat. I decided to delete a few too see what happens. My mafia now is 330 . My rival list has lower lever players and weaker players over all. I can now beat over half my rival list with no random losses.

Duke.0
10-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Yea, like i was saying, its not about the number of mafia members, its about equipping the ones you have with the right stuff which should make a difference in the long run.

skunk
10-27-2011, 03:18 AM
I am level 40 and i have 102 mafia, during a fight i use the full 510 items.
What did I miss?
I thought you only used 1 gun, 1 melee, 1 armour, 1 vehicle?
How do you get 5 times your mafia number - or do you have over 102 explosives?

I do agree with you, I am lvl 64 with 164 mafia and use 650 items.
I'm usually have fewer mafia than all of my rivals list, but have higher attack then their defense in most cases.
Still short on vehicles tho!! - keep using those respects.

edit:
Yeah, this tallies - I have 158 vehicles - so I'm 6 short. 164*4 = 656 items I could possiibly use :) Almost at full strength and time for more mafia :)

Castun
10-27-2011, 06:53 PM
I think it can be bad to have too many members, at least if you don't have enough equipment for them, at least as far as guns, melee, and armor are concerned. Vehicles are nice, but so expensive cash wise you don't need to worry about them too much.

If you have 300 mafia but only enough weapons and armor to equip say 100, you've going to get your butt kicked by other people with 300 mafia that have enough weapons to equip them all. This is usually only a problem for those who level up too fast without collecting enough fight loot or purchasing eq.