PDA

View Full Version : Gree first quarterly loss since 2013

Jeronimo
03-02-2015, 09:36 AM
https://www.techinasia.com/gree-first-quarterly-loss-since-2013/

Damn

Weasel
03-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Hand adds that English language customer support will also be phased out in June this year.

This made me LOL for two reasons. 1) When did they actually phase IN English language customer support? 2) A company posting a quarterly loss (possibly due in part to their history of never listening to real player/customer concerns) is cutting back on customer support.

Par for the Gree course. Counterintuitive as ever. Their company motto must be something like, "whatever you think you should do, do the opposite."

TheWarthog
03-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Wow, so "bend over and take it" turns out to be a bad bid'ness model? Who knew?

Jason_Bourne
03-02-2015, 12:28 PM
The article says there is a list of 20 games to be chopped... wondering if CC is on that list?? Anyone knows?

TheWarthog
03-02-2015, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't buy any more gold just in case.

Winnson
03-02-2015, 01:02 PM
For what it's worth. Card battle games can be a lot of fun short term. I'm addicted to Battle for The Throne.

I haven't dropped a dime on it yet, but if I continue to enjoy it going forward, that will change.

Jeronimo
03-02-2015, 01:10 PM
I also read that the CEO of Gree was net worth 1.8 billion US$ in 2013, but nowadays he is 'only' net worth 1.1 billion US$ (estimated). That's a loss of 700 million US$ in just 2 years: that is sick!

legalious
03-02-2015, 01:15 PM
1) When did they actually phase IN English language customer support?

The article says there is a list of 20 games to be chopped... wondering if CC is on that list?? Anyone knows?

This article was directed at Gree International and not the entity that we play these games from (Gree Inc.). Their games involve things like Bleach/Naruto and other similar Anime style.

nickcity
03-02-2015, 01:18 PM
From Feb 23, 2015 VentureBeat interview of Gree International CEO-

For Gree International this year, we’re focused on a few things. First and foremost, we’re building the team we want to have as the foundation to move us to the next level. In the background, you’ll see us start to move into Europe.

In the back half of the year, you’ll see us bringing a couple of games to market that are a step up in terms of quality of execution and gameplay compared to what Gree has produced in the past. This is a big step forward relative to where we’ve been — bigger screens, faster processors, faster GPUs. We’re going to move the quality of our games to that next level.

Importantly, with our RPG studio, we’re going to start on our next-gen game this March. It’s going to be a big project — all-in, high conviction. That’s going to take a bit more than a year to get done, but I’m looking forward to sharing our progress on that over time.

My take is we probably have over a year left in this game but more and more resources will be taken away while they squeeze every dollar they can out of us.

Winnson
03-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Tanaka-San is diversifying and possibly preparing for the future, but not with this game.

I like to think this game is good enough that no matter what happens with Gree, this game will land on its feet.

We'll see. Whatever. Buy the ticket and take the ride.

nickcity
03-02-2015, 01:39 PM
This article was directed at Gree International and not the entity that we play these games from (Gree Inc.). Their games involve things like Bleach/Naruto and other similar Anime style.

Gree International (San Francisco) = branch of Gree Inc. (Tokyo)

nickcity
03-02-2015, 02:09 PM
http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/23/grees-andrew-sheppard-is-placing-his-bets-to-take-original-mobile-games-higher-interview/

Interesting read.

Weasel
03-02-2015, 02:21 PM

Please get your facts straight before posting false information. It's one of your responsibilities as a forum mod. Thanks.

Relic
03-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Please get your facts straight before posting false information. It's one of your responsibilities as a forum mod. Thanks.

Actually, he's not incorrect. This pertains more toward the Japanese side of business, not the US.

Let's be nice to the moderators, please.

spiderman
03-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Actually, he's not incorrect. This pertains more toward the Japanese side of business, not the US.

Let's be nice to the moderators, please.

Indeed mate, let's be nice and civil to everybody. Crime City is a great game, that we all choose to play. Happy gaming mate.

Winnson
03-02-2015, 03:11 PM
If you were right here in front of me, I'd kiss you right on the mouth. All of you.

Vile Lynn
03-02-2015, 04:27 PM
If you were right here in front of me, I'd kiss you right on the mouth. All of you.

Shotgun!!

I wanna be first.

plavine
03-03-2015, 05:15 AM
Indeed mate, let's be nice and civil to everybody. Crime City is a great game, that we all choose to play. Happy gaming mate.
There is a rumor floating around that modern war could be shut .

Nighteg
03-03-2015, 05:44 AM
I can only presume that MW is their most profitable game, hence most resources are allocated towards it.

Max Power
03-03-2015, 06:52 AM

I thought you were the forum mod.