PDA

View Full Version : So much is now broken, can they ever fix it ?

Vegaman
03-02-2015, 04:52 AM
With so much now broken in the game and new additions added without fixing the underlying game can GREE ever fix all that is wrong when even the most basic links are, and have been broken for months.

Are we just being squeezed as most suspect or are GREE really going to pause and fix this leaking boat.

History says not, so i guess we are heading for more broken events and bug filled glitches.

levelhead
03-02-2015, 05:04 AM
Any top developer would fix the underlying problems first before bringing out more new events/additions. But that's never been the case with gree. They just bring out more and more.

Bravo Zulu
03-02-2015, 06:46 AM
With so much now broken in the game and new additions added without fixing the underlying game can GREE ever fix all that is wrong when even the most basic links are, and have been broken for months.

Are we just being squeezed as most suspect or are GREE really going to pause and fix this leaking boat.

History says not, so i guess we are heading for more broken events and bug filled glitches.

I'm not a business woman. But I can't see any sustainability. I know that their goal was to keep us logged in and playing- I get that. To buy gold- I get that too. But they are not understanding that a few very solid events and a consistently progressively harder underlying game play is preferable, and, well, playable. We go long periods where nobody can really do much on their own outside of events to improve stats or gain a strategic advantage and then boom- they drop new features that allow people to jump exponentially within days. And that's even without glitches. And then it's done again. And we wait.

The idea of releasing high value units for Apollo rank is good. It takes a lot of work to get there. And it's actually nice that I can't just attack anyone anymore. It should never have been that way. But they let the attack/defense ratio get out of control. Why? They saw it happening. Did they learn from the captain growlers? No. Not only did they not learn they released a unit where in span of a week everyone eligible can jump 200 billion and then nothing again. Raise the level cap but then encourage people to get there in a month? Why? How is that fun? What about incentives on the way to Apollo? Shouldn't every rank have a prize worthy of the work it takes, progressively bigger each time?

I am adamant that I shouldn't be able to attack just anyone, but we went from that to a 100 billion difference? It inflation disproportionate to any goal I can think of- which leads me to believe Gree is working independently of real goals.

Heck I didn't love equipment, but at least you had to think again. Unless we had the energy to complete all levels of LTQs, we needed to think. To plan. To strategize where to best to spend our energy. Now the only strategy is can we finish RB or an fLTQ- yes or no? Can't even strategize jumpers (which was exciting and fun in its own way) because of concurrent FLTQs.

What is missing in MW and what draws people to games like supercell's is simple yet profound. There is an element of uncertainty. I use my head for more than just the simple mathematical calculations required to see if I regen enough to complete an event. The rich graphics that don't have my soldiers going bald when I attack a base in boom beach (and the cute crabs that borough in the beach). The short log in times. The expansion of current content to create more depth to current features instead of adding fluff content. They don't create more and more events. They make things more challenging and give additional ways to complete the given tasks of game play. And best yet? They give out working free diamonds/gems and when you purchase from them you really feel like your 20$ went a long way. What can I buy that's useful for 20$ here?

All of those remember when posts. I remember when: the game used to have actual solo and faction components. We could play with our faction but there were still ways to figure things out and play to strategize and develop individual advantage.

I remember when: to be on top you could either work really hard or save some yourself work (just a bit) and spend gold. I remember when PUN was on top and aside from the ridiculous haters the got respect because they did both- work hard and spend gold. Now? We can all still spend and we can all still work. But it is rote. It is boring. And not at all challenging to any of us that have been playing a while. Even in WD factions have pretty much stayed in a rut. Sometimes a new faction will pop up- but it's typically made up of people who just kinda rearranged themselves and created a new name. Do people even try to beat sup anymore? People used to try and I always gave respect to SUP and their ability to change/rearrange to stay on top of new plots that were hatched to usurp them. It was vicarious fun to watch the top factions talk smack in a way that was reasonable yet schooling and hinted of a "bring it on" challenge in their tone. Sometimes it wasn't a subtle hint or tone either. Lol

I remember when: the complaining and disgruntled people on the forum were really being unreasonable and often looked like they were just mad that they didn't win. I remember when I used to think that the haters were funny, the trolls were pests, and the newbies just wanted something for nothing.

I remember when: I didn't find myself siding with the complainers. Now? They (we???) have so many legitimate complaints I can't even decide which one is worth posting about.

I've thought about giving up the game more and more. I think people are wrong about staying because of addiction. I think most of the long term players stay because thinking about quitting feels more like a divorce. You consider it, but you become bound to the memories of the good and fun times, and the hope (albeit unrealistic) that somehow maybe something will happen to recapture those moments of love for the game.

Well, maybe I have divorced Gree at this point. But apparently I'm still paying them alimony.

Ozymandias
03-02-2015, 07:09 AM
Great post

Vegaman
03-02-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm not a business woman. But I can't see any sustainability. I know that their goal was to keep us logged in and playing- I get that. To buy gold- I get that too. But they are not understanding that a few very solid events and a consistently progressively harder underlying game play is preferable, and, well, playable. We go long periods where nobody can really do much on their own outside of events to improve stats or gain a strategic advantage and then boom- they drop new features that allow people to jump exponentially within days. And that's even without glitches. And then it's done again. And we wait.

The idea of releasing high value units for Apollo rank is good. It takes a lot of work to get there. And it's actually nice that I can't just attack anyone anymore. It should never have been that way. But they let the attack/defense ratio get out of control. Why? They saw it happening. Did they learn from the captain growlers? No. Not only did they not learn they released a unit where in span of a week everyone eligible can jump 200 billion and then nothing again. Raise the level cap but then encourage people to get there in a month? Why? How is that fun? What about incentives on the way to Apollo? Shouldn't every rank have a prize worthy of the work it takes, progressively bigger each time?

I am adamant that I shouldn't be able to attack just anyone, but we went from that to a 100 billion difference? It inflation disproportionate to any goal I can think of- which leads me to believe Gree is working independently of real goals.

Heck I didn't love equipment, but at least you had to think again. Unless we had the energy to complete all levels of LTQs, we needed to think. To plan. To strategize where to best to spend our energy. Now the only strategy is can we finish RB or an fLTQ- yes or no? Can't even strategize jumpers (which was exciting and fun in its own way) because of concurrent FLTQs.

What is missing in MW and what draws people to games like supercell's is simple yet profound. There is an element of uncertainty. I use my head for more than just the simple mathematical calculations required to see if I regen enough to complete an event. The rich graphics that don't have my soldiers going bald when I attack a base in boom beach (and the cute crabs that borough in the beach). The short log in times. The expansion of current content to create more depth to current features instead of adding fluff content. They don't create more and more events. They make things more challenging and give additional ways to complete the given tasks of game play. And best yet? They give out working free diamonds/gems and when you purchase from them you really feel like your 20$ went a long way. What can I buy that's useful for 20$ here?

All of those remember when posts. I remember when: the game used to have actual solo and faction components. We could play with our faction but there were still ways to figure things out and play to strategize and develop individual advantage.

I remember when: to be on top you could either work really hard or save some yourself work (just a bit) and spend gold. I remember when PUN was on top and aside from the ridiculous haters the got respect because they did both- work hard and spend gold. Now? We can all still spend and we can all still work. But it is rote. It is boring. And not at all challenging to any of us that have been playing a while. Even in WD factions have pretty much stayed in a rut. Sometimes a new faction will pop up- but it's typically made up of people who just kinda rearranged themselves and created a new name. Do people even try to beat sup anymore? People used to try and I always gave respect to SUP and their ability to change/rearrange to stay on top of new plots that were hatched to usurp them. It was vicarious fun to watch the top factions talk smack in a way that was reasonable yet schooling and hinted of a "bring it on" challenge in their tone. Sometimes it wasn't a subtle hint or tone either. Lol

I remember when: the complaining and disgruntled people on the forum were really being unreasonable and often looked like they were just mad that they didn't win. I remember when I used to think that the haters were funny, the trolls were pests, and the newbies just wanted something for nothing.

I remember when: I didn't find myself siding with the complainers. Now? They (we???) have so many legitimate complaints I can't even decide which one is worth posting about.

I've thought about giving up the game more and more. I think people are wrong about staying because of addiction. I think most of the long term players stay because thinking about quitting feels more like a divorce. You consider it, but you become bound to the memories of the good and fun times, and the hope (albeit unrealistic) that somehow maybe something will happen to recapture those moments of love for the game.

Well, maybe I have divorced Gree at this point. But apparently I'm still paying them alimony.

Thanks for such an indepth post... I hope the mods will forward it to the Games manager.... It sort of sums up how most feel..

Annihilator2
03-02-2015, 11:41 AM
What is goal of so long post?

It is usual: bug fixes do not increase income. And all MW gold players demonstrate that the bugs do not decrease income. As result, bugs are not fixed during years. For example, invisible targets. LTQ targets were invisible, then targets form other maps were invisible on active map, we can see now targets from base and from other maps.

SunWuKong
03-03-2015, 11:55 PM
give them time to fix it, too many issues and they need time