PDA

View Full Version : Transfer between devices--Help

wawoftam
03-01-2015, 05:32 PM
I have 4 accounts all linked to the one game centre meaning I can access all 4 from any of the 4 devices. I don't mind this feature although I am aware that my 2nd game centre account is useless to my main account by way of attaching those accounts.

My issue is that I have another devices that has a single account on it. It's device has a game centre but the account hasn't been linked to it. I have tried transferring this account across to one of my 4 as it's become too time consuming. When I go to manage accounts on the account (single device) I want to keep I select old device and it gives me a code. on the account I'm wanting to replace I select "new device" and enter this code but keep getting an error message saying the following:-
Already linked
This code is no longer valid
This account is already linked to a different platform
you can get a new code by requesting from old device.....yadda yadda

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Freedebob
03-01-2015, 06:08 PM
I have no accouts linked and that is what I am told all the time code not valid I just gave up

-Batman-
03-01-2015, 08:13 PM
are your accounts using different id's. I get this if I try and link my Son's account to my device which is a different Apple id than mine

Perin
03-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Taking too long to enter the code. I believe you have 30 seconds to enter

polly
03-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Turn off your game center on the device that has the single account that's not linked.

It may or may not work.

HavingFun
03-02-2015, 12:44 AM
I have 4 accounts all linked to the one game centre meaning I can access all 4 from any of the 4 devices. I don't mind this feature although I am aware that my 2nd game centre account is useless to my main account by way of attaching those accounts.

My issue is that I have another devices that has a single account on it. It's device has a game centre but the account hasn't been linked to it. I have tried transferring this account across to one of my 4 as it's become too time consuming. When I go to manage accounts on the account (single device) I want to keep I select old device and it gives me a code. on the account I'm wanting to replace I select "new device" and enter this code but keep getting an error message saying the following:-
Already linked
This code is no longer valid
This account is already linked to a different platform
you can get a new code by requesting from old device.....yadda yadda

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Wrong is having 4 accounts lol

wawoftam
03-02-2015, 02:09 AM
Have logged out of game centre on both devices yet same issue. You get 90 seconds to transfer which I'm doing well within but same error whether in game centre or not

Stubby1113
03-02-2015, 05:54 AM
Send in a ticket and gree can link it to your other Game Center id

polly
03-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Then its the device that's linked