PDA

View Full Version : 1st quaterly loss for Gree

lemonhaze
03-01-2015, 10:49 AM
https://www.techinasia.com/gree-first-quarterly-loss-since-2013/

people are finally starting to realize the fake gold isnt worth it

AHH
03-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Guess the constant 40% off sales from one of its top grossing games wasn't enough to pull it into the black.

Time for another acquisition to inflate the numbers...

mieyb3270
03-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Tech Support - Fail
Quality Assurance - Fail
Fair Game Play - FAIL
Run by people who have no idea what they are doing - PASS

Jg48
03-01-2015, 11:36 AM
How can you have a first quarter loss when the first quarter is not over yet.

Mikelord
03-01-2015, 11:40 AM
It said they were lumping failing games into their loss record. The one thing that stood out

"Gree’s total fiscal forecast for 2015 anticipates net sales of JPY 98 billion (US$835 million) with operating income of JPY 20 billion (US$170 million), enough to potentially break even. That might be a rosy prediction, however. Gree is plenty active in the mobile game space, but its experimentation in non-gaming verticals draws attention to the steady decline of its core business."

I sniff 60% gold sales soon.... I always told myself I'd never buy a 20% off sale or a 40% off sale.... I only said I'd buy it if it's 50% or above lmao........ I will have to resist if I see a 60%

Greasy
03-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Can you guys read ??
The first line says "Japanese mobile gaming giant Gree reported dismal results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2015 today"

What Second Quarter ? It's March of 2015 where I live, still in the First Quarter. And this article says they already release earnings for the second quarter of 2015 ?

Before you all post anything here please use whatever's left in your brain to check if it make any sense first.
Thank you.

Now here's some real financial news I found on Reuters, whom I tend to trust more.
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/3632.T/key-developments/article/3120498

P.S. Their fiscal year does start on Jan 1.

NexusImperium
03-01-2015, 12:02 PM
The 'freemium' business model is much like a ponzi scheme. It is highly dependent on new players entering the game.

Ozymandias
03-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Can you guys read ??
The first line says "Japanese mobile gaming giant Gree reported dismal results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2015 today"

What Second Quarter ? It's March of 2015 where I live, still in the First Quarter. And this article says they already release earnings for the second quarter of 2015 ?

Before you all post anything here please use whatever's left in your brain to check if it make any sense first.
Thank you.

Now here's some real financial news I found on Reuters, whom I tend to trust more.

Really, why then does it end in June 2015 according to your article. Gree maths?

Ozymandias
03-01-2015, 12:16 PM
It's also worth pointing out that the "loss" is due to an one off accounting write-off of acquisition goodwill, in operating terms it's still profitable.

Greasy
03-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Really, why then does it end in June 2015 according to your article. Gree maths?

Ozymandias, I hope you know what "expects" mean.
It reads, "GREE, Inc. expects extraordinary profit for Q2 of FY 2015"

Ozymandias
03-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Ozymandias, I hope you know what "expects" mean.
It reads, "GREE, Inc. expects extraordinary profit for Q2 of FY 2015"

Yep, I know what "expects" means. I also know what "TOKYO, Japan—February 4, 2015—GREE today announced financial results for its fiscal 2015 second quarter ended December 31, 2014. And what "FY2015 Full-year Earnings Forecast (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015)" mean.

Addwind
03-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Can you guys read ??

Thank you.

Too bad you are already missing the part of your brain that's needed to do the check yourself. It's FISCAL year 2015. They obviously have a fiscal year that's not aligned to the calendar year. But u won't understand it anyway.

Guneye
03-01-2015, 02:06 PM

Fiscal year starts any time other than January 1st. Gree's fiscal year could be September 1 thru August 31. 1st quarter ends November 30, second quarter ends February 28.

Ozymandias
03-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Fiscal year starts any time other than January 1st. Gree's fiscal year could be September 1 thru August 31. 1st quarter ends November 30, second quarter ends February 28.

Yeah, as I say their fiscL year ends jun 30th

SurfaceToAir
03-01-2015, 03:17 PM
For sure, fiscal year FY ends June 30th. They expect to make a profit of millions, which they may adjust, up or down. But they won't tell anyone one about it until a Mod accidentally let's it slip on a random forum. Then delete it! But not before it's screenshot and ends up here!!!

Ozymandias
03-01-2015, 03:29 PM
For sure, fiscal year FY ends June 30th. They expect to make a profit of millions, which they may adjust, up or down. But they won't tell anyone one about it until a Mod accidentally let's it slip on a random forum. Then delete it! But not before it's screenshot and ends up here!!!

.... When people will complain that they haven't received any dividends, despite not having shares.

Laurence1
03-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Different countries report financial years differently ie Australia is July to end of June so we are now in 4th qtr

bam bam.
03-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Exactly what we told them would happen. Is happening. No one around here should be surprised

Gileas
03-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Guys, guys, please. Get a clue!
The GREE fiscal year is compliant with the Mayan Great Calander, adding GREE maths for stat inflation and gold reduction, minus write-off and further financial manipulations.
Don't fight each other over tiny details, fight the power, over major ones.
Gil

Speed ump
03-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Also, the the financials don't break down how they are performing in each game. Mw is still creating a positive cash flow for them, so don't expect it to die until it does not, or not enough to justify the effort.

Speed ump
03-01-2015, 06:16 PM
I'm surprised so many are confused about their financial quarters. Apples quarters also have never related to the calendar year.

Max Power
03-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Different countries report financial years differently ie Australia is July to end of June so we are now in 4th qtr

It has nothing to do with nationality. You can select any fiscal reporting year that you want, wherever you are.

I am involved in 3 companies with the same ownership group, and we set the fiscal different on the biggest one so that we didn't have to do year end reporting for all three at the same time. It can be as simple as that.

lemonhaze
03-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Also, the the financials don't break down how they are performing in each game. Mw is still creating a positive cash flow for them, so don't expect it to die until it does not, or not enough to justify the effort.

i agree still making close to 200k a week seems pretty impressive still even with all the poor programming,customer service and glitch after glitch..top 10 grossing apps MW is #4 or 5..clash of clans is now making 985K a week according to the other report..i think i need to jump on the COC bandwagon and see whats up

sstuutss
03-01-2015, 07:18 PM
It has nothing to do with nationality. You can select any fiscal reporting year that you want, wherever you are.

I am involved in 3 companies with the same ownership group, and we set the fiscal different on the biggest one so that we didn't have to do year end reporting for all three at the same time. It can be as simple as that.
give this man a gold star

Tramp78
03-01-2015, 09:48 PM
As far as the Reuters story, which one?

This one from December of last year -
GREE, Inc. expects extraordinary profit for Q2 of FY 2015 and revises consolidated mid-year outlook for FY 2015

or this one
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/3632.T/key-developments/article/3148088
From February of THIS year
GREE, Inc. expects extraordinary loss for Q2 of FY 2015

In two months they went from a profit to a loss. Probably because the first was before the quarter ended and the second was after it ended and they did the final audit.

Annihilator2
03-01-2015, 10:14 PM
What can come when Gree hates their customers?
I think that they also hate their investors...
Result is known.

CC1
03-03-2015, 03:25 AM
What can come when Gree hates their customers?
I think that they also hate their investors...
Result is known.

Systemically poor management has but one inevitable outcome. Graphs of Total Revenue, Gross Profit, and Net Income look like a plane on final approach.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=3632:JP

Indiana
03-03-2015, 05:27 AM
i agree still making close to 200k a week seems pretty impressive still even with all the poor programming,customer service and glitch after glitch..top 10 grossing apps MW is #4 or 5..clash of clans is now making 985K a week according to the other report..i think i need to jump on the COC bandwagon and see whats up

CoC is lighter than the MW and doesn't suffer from the back to back events. The only thing back to back is if the Clan chooses to do Wars. Overall I like CoC more than MW and have scaled down my play on MW (as well as stop spending money on MW). My biggest distraction is work and wife....... and not always in that order.

Speed ump
03-03-2015, 08:03 AM
I think many people find the wife is the bigger obstacle. For some reason most seem to hate this game.

Vegaman
03-03-2015, 08:32 AM
I miss the good ol days when we argued over the game, and were not trying to score 'biggie points' about irrelevant drivel

Kartie
03-04-2015, 01:57 AM
with this 7 days WD, they will cover some..hahahaha