PDA

View Full Version : Android Players Unite

Dixie_Boy
03-01-2015, 08:00 AM
I have seen a lot of complaining about the lackluster support of the Android platform. People complaining about all the iOS vs Android issues. As Android users, we have to make our voices heard to Gree.

GREE is a "for-profit" company and, as such, listen to one thing and ONLY one thing. Cash.

If GREE wants to focus on iOS, then let them. But CASH from Android players is just as good as cash from iOS users. We, as a collective group, have to stop buying gold in order to make GREE take a stance - either support us or move to an iOS only platform.

We have more power than they think. If they want to discount the Android platform, then they need to be watching the trends.

Android claims 81.5% of the global smartphone OS market in 2014, iOS dips to 14.8%...This gave Android 81.5 percent of the global market, up from 78.7 percent last year.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/worldwide-domination-android-and-ios-claim-96-of-the-smartphone-os-market-in-2014 (http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/worldwide-domination-android-and-ios-claim-96-of-the-smartphone-os-market-in-2014/#ixzz3T9HRjQ6y)

If they continue to not address our concerns we need to rate them poorly on Google Play or work to have them exit the Android market altogether.

From Google support:

if you would like to file a complaint against a particular app or developer, you can do so here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/contact/takedown

So, we (as a collective group) can either:

stop complaining and deal with the poor platform support

​no/canned responses from support ticket
numerous issues with integer overflow
boosts that don't work at all or stop working during upgrae
glitch after glitch after glitch after.....
"display error" after "display error" after "display error" after...
etc (we all know what they are adn have been brought up numerous times on the forum)

do something constructive that may actually result in positive changes for the game

​low game rating (fewer people likely to install and spend CASH)
get the game removed from Google Play (no new Android users or their CASH)

Yes. I am just as addicted as the next guy and withdrawals would be painful. Yes, I have bought gold (lots) in the past...not anymore - with all the recent negative (IMHO) changes to the game. I will move to free gold and free play until GREE decides how they really want to treat Android players - as demonstrated through ACTION not WORDS.

Dixie_Boy
03-01-2015, 08:18 AM
As much complaining that happens on this forum..why is the game still rated 4.1 out of 5.0 Stars on Google Play?

DieselPowered
03-01-2015, 09:04 AM
I would venture to guess that many of those that have quit due to all of the issues did not bother to update their review comments (or change the stars) on google play during their exit.

Lt Kije
03-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Never happen, due to Android being unstable and free, it has lots of updates, game companies find it hard to keep up, I know you don't want to hear it but IOS is more stable and less bugs, so it's easyier to keep on top of, when android settles down might be differsnt, their are lots more android people but they are not all using the same version of android.

And yes I am an iOS user now, but have been on android and liked it, nothing wrong with it just all the differant versions that are out

Fergus14
03-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Why are people intent on making it an iOS vs android issue within the game. Both platform users can support each other, stop creating divides, we are all players. I play iOS and android.

Lt Kije
03-01-2015, 10:58 AM
I wasn't trying to make an android vs IOS issue, I was just pointing out their are many people on differant versions on android, I said I liked android when I was on it, the reason I changed was I got a Mac computer and it just made sense. Android is a good platform, one down side however is the amount of versions that are out on different devices, it must be a nightmare for developers of games.

Pidgeot
03-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Agreed.

17 characters.

TMGCCPERCY
03-01-2015, 02:56 PM
There's huge amounts of bugs and glitches on both iOS and droid!!! Always have been, and always will be while GREE is in charge.. I stopped buying gold ages ago and got it all refunded, I'm sure along with many other players, when I realised GREE has no intention of changing the game for the better.

I would only start buying gold again if a top company took over (FUNZIO HOPEFULLY) or if there was a 100% off gold sale lol

Makaran
03-04-2015, 12:45 AM
it wont change much

Indiana
03-04-2015, 07:22 AM
Dixie_Boy, your suggestions of Android players banding together to force action will never happen. So instead of asking/suggesting a "revolt" for a better word, outlining a single post of outstanding issues for both platforms that is seen by the community would be a better approach. This will allow some in the community and GREE Developers to pick the priority bugs in the app itself so that these can be addressed where the community can benefit from it. Working together is better than to trying to force a non constructive approach to the issue at hand. There are several players in the MW community who are developers that can chime in to offer insight to the issue and help direct action to a resolution.

Indiana
03-04-2015, 07:26 AM
Also, the overall footprint of Android devices compared to iOS devices doesn't paint the picture of the platforms playing MW. This is only speculation by the community. Again, working together is better to resolving the issue than trying to cause unrest. Many players will either choose to continue to play an app that is filled with issues or simply go away. We have already seen this over the last year. Also note that at some point, the Android apps will also be required to be 64bit like iOS is. It is simply a matter of time now. I suspect GREE is already working on this for both platforms while working on priority bugs in the app to ensure better game play for the community.