PDA

View Full Version : New Boost Buildings...to build or not to build that is the question.....

mieyb3270
02-27-2015, 06:20 PM
So I noticed there are new boost buildings available at a nice hefty rate of 200 gold each.....why is there no description of what the heck the building does? Are these intended for new players, or will long time players also benefit from building these? Can a GREE employee please answer this question?

Thank you.

Stubby1113
02-27-2015, 06:22 PM
They work the same as the money boost buildings except they give 4% boost per level, can go to level 20 and you can build 2

Dborg
02-27-2015, 08:15 PM
But what building does what??

Comrade John
02-27-2015, 08:42 PM
But what building does what??

Can you not read the text on each building?

RAUS
02-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Text not displaying on mine (android).

KillerDriller
02-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Can you not read the text on each building?

Not if you are on droid.

Oh oh Gree
02-27-2015, 09:27 PM
The 150 gold building gives an overall defense boost and the other four give specific army boosts like ground, sea etc.

Comrade John
02-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Air Power - SkyWatch Data Center
Ground Power - Armor Refitting Complex
Sea Power - Naval Defense Carrier
Infantry Power - Infantry Training Complex
Unit Defense - Gauss Cannon

Fergus14
02-28-2015, 12:36 PM
They don't work anyway

Sheldor Sir
02-28-2015, 12:48 PM
unless they release to gold production building will take about year to watch enough vids to buy them and would rather spend elsewhere

Stumps
02-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Two questions for the ppl who are upgrading.

1. Which is the best value for money and why.
2. Do they cost in game money or gold to upgrade.

Cheers.

DieselPowered
02-28-2015, 03:46 PM
1. the best value (i would guess) is the bldg that boosts your highest type of units. (if you are strongest in air units then go air / if you are stongest in sea then go the sea route)

2. so far its only in game cash to upgrade but im only at lvl 2

Stumps
02-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Thanks diesel.

Rowie
03-01-2015, 12:03 AM
Be careful with these boost buildings. After you built them you'll see higher stats on your profile, but when rival PvP attacks you, your effective defense may not have been boosted at all. Maybe someone else can help verify this. It definitely doesn't work for me...

Rowie
03-01-2015, 12:05 AM
GREE defintely needs to fix the broken defense boost issue, before unsuspecting players keep on wasting gold on boost...

bam bam.
03-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Of course it doesn't work and of course our mods won't even comment and clarify the issues. Or even how they are meant to work "officially"

alexmodernwar
03-01-2015, 12:20 AM
Yep purchased the defenseman boost and it boosted me by nothing

Rolinz
03-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Of course it doesn't work and of course our mods won't even comment and clarify the issues. Or even how they are meant to work "officially"

We could be waiting until pigs fly to get a straight and meaningful answer from anyone from GREE!

Stumps
03-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Yep purchased the defenseman boost and it boosted me by nothing

Great, i just purchased it. I should have waited longer. At least i can take a SS now and compare it than send a ticket in if required.

Has anyone built it seen a def increase?

Rowie
03-02-2015, 12:31 AM
Great, i just purchased it. I should have waited longer. At least i can take a SS now and compare it than send a ticket in if required.

Has anyone built it seen a def increase?

You will see an increase in your defense on your profile. However, invite someone to PvP attack you & feedback your actual defense. You might be in for a surprise your actual defense has not been boosted.

GREE, you must address this broken alliance defense boost issue. This is equivalent to cheating!

Netsat
03-02-2015, 12:48 AM
You will see an increase in your defense on your profile. However, invite someone to PvP attack you & feedback your actual defense. You might be in for a surprise your actual defense has not been boosted.

GREE, you must address this broken alliance defense boost issue. This is equivalent to cheating!

It is not cheating - it is Fraud, since we buy The new buildings with gold, which we have paid cash for.
The equlliant is that you have bought a service or commodity but it Was never delivered

Bobby Brobst
03-02-2015, 04:34 AM
Be careful with these boost buildings. After you built them you'll see higher stats on your profile, but when rival PvP attacks you, your effective defense may not have been boosted at all. Maybe someone else can help verify this. It definitely doesn't work for me...

The boost buildings work the stat that continues to not work is not associated with the bossy buildings. The alliance defense continues to be an issue it appears again and .again....

The Pharoah
03-02-2015, 06:21 AM
So, the buildings cost money and don't work. Two things that no-one would ever have expected...

I applaud Gree for the spirit of the expansion pack - a lot of the things in it have been requested over and over (boost buildings, expanded base size, max upgrade levels), but if it doesn't work, all it's going to expand is players' frustration with the game and with Gree's 'wall of silence' approach to customer service.

Seriously, how complicated can it be to get stats to process correctly? This game is, and has always been, built on stats. It worked when they bought it, all they had to do was essentially cut and paste, rinse and repeat. How do you manage to F that up? How do you manage to F it up so badly that you basically cannot fix it?

If I was doing any more than playing with palm trees in this game, I'd be furious. As it is, I'll bring the wine and we can sit on the hills of Gree and watch Modern War smoulder. After all, the fire stats probably wouldn't process correctly.

smbass77
03-02-2015, 09:31 AM
My boosts are working, even when attacking someone, it shows the same as my profile stats.

The Defense cannon boosted my defense 134m. The Sea boost raised my stats 34m attack, 40m defense. The upgrades don't raise it by as much

Rowie
03-02-2015, 04:09 PM
My boosts are working, even when attacking someone, it shows the same as my profile stats.

The Defense cannon boosted my defense 134m. The Sea boost raised my stats 34m attack, 40m defense. The upgrades don't raise it by as much

The attack boost works yes. It is the defense boost which is broken.

You should get someone to Attack (Not raid!) you & tell you what your defense is when he PvP attacks you.
I suspect not only these boost buildings, even the units with defense boost might not be working as they should, as I'm experiencing 6B difference in my profile vs actual defense!

Web323
03-02-2015, 04:14 PM

You should get someone to Attack (Not raid!) you & tell you what your defense is when he PvP attacks you.
I suspect not only these boost buildings, even the units with defense boost might not be working as they should, as I'm experiencing 6B difference in my profile vs actual defense!

Close to 40 billion difference for me.

Mr llama
03-02-2015, 05:29 PM

I suspect not only these boost buildings, even the units with defense boost might not be working as they should, as I'm experiencing 6B difference in my profile vs actual defense!Boost cannon working no difference when attacked

SunWuKong
03-03-2015, 11:55 PM
this boost is making some player untouchable..wow..nice 4trillion attack for the top player

03-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Really I don't understand people who say "unit x boosted my defence mmm milion". That's ridiculous: if someone's defense is 100 million and it's increased by 20 million then it is huge change, but for defense of 1bilion increase by 20 million is negligible!
Don't you know that there's something like percent? Or do you expect all know your stats?

Rolinz
03-04-2015, 09:30 AM
So players bought gold and used it to buy boost buildings that do not work.

Is this a bait and switch? Purchasing defective products? Grounds for contacting Apple or Google for some kind of compensation?

Submit your tickets to GREE Customer Support and if they do not respond in a timely matter then you have a reason to contact the appropriate App Store.

Let's see how long it takes for GREE to even acknowledge that they are aware of the problem. Or they will play the "dead possum" as usual.

groovy shags
03-04-2015, 11:02 AM
this boost is making some player untouchable..wow..nice 4trillion attack for the top player

4 trillion...what a no life basement dweller! I am happy with my 25b! But then again, I have a real life to live!

ezmunie
03-04-2015, 11:08 AM
4 trillion...what a no life basement dweller! I am happy with my 25b! But then again, I have a real life to live!

You keep saying you have a real life. You need to get back to it cause you're trolling here.

groovy shags
03-04-2015, 11:09 AM
I enjoy trolling while having my coffee...it's very entertaining! Thanks for noticing!

Relic
03-04-2015, 11:26 AM
I enjoy trolling while having my coffee...it's very entertaining! Thanks for noticing!

Which is against our Code of Conduct, so please stop it.

Thank you

Preacher Wolf
03-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Which is against our Code of Conduct, so please stop it.

Thank you

Relic why are you telling people about forum code of conduct and not giving everyone answers on why the new boost buildings are not working correctly, and when you guys are going to fix it. If you are not going to to do your entire job then don't expect people to read and obey the entire code of Conduct. It's pretty sad that you try to enforce rules on here which shows us that you guys do read the post but yet you could careless that we paid real money on buildings that don't work.

Relic
03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Relic why are you telling people about forum code of conduct and not giving everyone answers on why the new boost buildings are not working correctly, and when you guys are going to fix it. If you are not going to to do your entire job then don't expect people to read and obey the entire code of Conduct. It's pretty sad that you try to enforce rules on here which shows us that you guys do read the post but yet you could careless that we paid real money on buildings that don't work.

Because telling people what's in the Code of Conduct is part of my job.

As soon as I have answers they'll be posted. Your comments are forwarded to the Developers regularly. When we have information to pass to you, we will do so.

Thank you - now please go back on-topic.

Preacher Wolf
03-04-2015, 12:30 PM
So why is it so hard to tell everyone on this thread that you are aware of the situation and they are working of a fix and will let us know more as soon you know more. And why did you take down my post showing people how to get ahold off Google You guys are the ones that sold a product that don't work. By deleating my post you make not seem like it's OK to sell a product that don't work and that it's OK to rip us off.

legalious
03-04-2015, 12:36 PM
So why is it so hard to tell everyone on this thread that you are aware of the situation and they are working of a fix and will let us know more as soon you know more. And why did you take down my post showing people how to get ahold off Google play to get a refund. You guys are the ones that sold a product that don't work. By deleating my post you make not seem like it's OK to sell a product that don't work and that it's OK to rip us off.

Please review the Forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?105486-Policy-Code-of-Conduct-(Updated-02-09-15)) for the rule that was violated.

Preacher Wolf
03-04-2015, 12:45 PM
So what rule did I break? All I am trying to figure is what is going to happen with all the buildings that I payed for. You guys ignore everyone on here that is looking for answers but you guys respond to a troll. This is not off topic because I am looking for answers pertaining to this topic.

Relic
03-04-2015, 01:06 PM
So what rule did I break? All I am trying to figure is what is going to happen with all the buildings that I payed for. You guys ignore everyone on here that is looking for answers but you guys respond to a troll. This is not off topic because I am looking for answers pertaining to this topic.

Please read the Code of Conduct here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?105486-Policy-Code-of-Conduct-(Updated-02-09-15)

Most importantly this:

Inappropriate Content: Members of all ages are welcome to view these forums. Any posts containing profanity and/or obscenity will not be tolerated. Nor will insults, personal attacks, accusations or abusive language toward other forum members or GREE staff. Posts containing inappropriate content will be edited or deleted, and a warning and infraction will result.

This forums also uses a language filter to remove words that are considered inappropriate. Such words will be replaced with asterisks (*). Working around the filter, including your own use of asterisks (*) or acronyms is considered swearing and not permitted. Signatures, avatars, titles, usernames, videos, and images must also follow these rules.

Racial, religious, or sexual slurs are likely to result in an immediate infraction or ban. Discussion and/or advocacy of software piracy or refunds is strictly prohibited on these boards. Piracy includes links to illegal downloads of games or methods to circumvent copy protection mechanisms. Any detailed discussion of refunds received by GREE will not be tolerated.

Thank you

Preacher Wolf
03-04-2015, 01:37 PM
Sorry relic don't mean to be a pain in the butt. I really have no reason to be upset. It's not like I have spent real money on products that don't work and then get completely ignored about the fact the we are getting ripped off and then told to follow the rules of the people that ripped you off. I am sorry it's obvious I am the one that is in the wrong here.

ezmunie
03-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Sorry relic don't mean to be a pain in the butt. I really have no reason to be upset. It's not like I have spent real money on products that don't work and then get completely ignored about the fact the we are getting ripped off and then told to follow the rules of the people that ripped you off. I am sorry it's obvious I am the one that is in the wrong here.

Geez, give it a rest dude.

smbass77
03-04-2015, 02:18 PM
he has a point. We don't hear from moderators when we have questions or issues.....but we hear from them about code of conduct.

legalious
03-04-2015, 02:23 PM
he has a point. We don't hear from moderators when we have questions or issues.....but we hear from them about code of conduct.

At one point there was a survey (now archived) asking forum members whether or not they want the "We are working on it," or to have them say nothing and just the player moderators notify Gree of the issues. Of course the latter was the more desirable solution.

Preacher Wolf
03-04-2015, 02:41 PM
At one point there was a survey (now archived) asking forum members whether or not they want the "We are working on it," or to have them say nothing and just the player moderators notify Gree of the issues. Of course the latter was the more desirable solution.

That's messed up. Why would anyone want the mods to not say anything about there questions. Can we have a new survey please. I really don't think people want you guys to go silent. If people are asking questions I really do think that they are looking for answers. If your department that handles tickets would actually get back with people we probably would not need you guys to answer questions. But the problem is when our tickets do get answered they usally send a answer that has nothing to do with our question. We need answers from someone because as of right now you and the rest of gree are not helping us at all.

legalious
03-04-2015, 03:06 PM
I really don't think people want you guys to go silent.

That's why I am not a Gree employee. Our responsibility is to report any errors that we notice on the forum to CM (response is up to their discretion and if they have anything useful to include). I am just like you, another gamer.

If you want, I can post "They are looking into it." Though this has caused us to be target of trolls and flamers because they don't believe we have the information correct or just don't believe us.

Greeny1
03-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Got to agree with preacher. We need as a community answers to the hundreds of questions. There is little to zero customer service with this product that many pay for, it's been a joke for over a year. Automated ticket closures, lost games, general poor quality releases which at the end if the day have meant paying customers have lost money.

How about someone who actually knows what is going on comes and says so. Explain the actual facts rather than ignoring EVERYONE and making the community more annoyed. Give an eta of when fixes and problems will be dealt with.

LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

Preacher Wolf
03-04-2015, 03:28 PM
That's why I am not a Gree employee. Our responsibility is to report any errors that we notice on the forum to CM (response is up to their discretion and if they have anything useful to include). I am just like you, another gamer.

If you want, I can post "They are looking into it." Though this has caused us to be target of trolls and flamers because they don't believe we have the information correct or just don't believe us.

That really sucks for you. I don't know what would be best. In my opinion it would better to have some kind of response than no response. But if the majority don't feel that way then you have to go with the majority.

Cannot Connect To Server
03-05-2015, 04:38 AM
plain and simply... no one knows.

but they will not tell u if they did and close your ticket even if you paid real cash for damaged goods.

the last time Gree seems to have known something was....

*this post has been edited and deleted as a violation of our coffee and biscuit break we will get back to you last week thank you. bye. *

Preacher Wolf
03-05-2015, 03:46 PM
I just seen a screen shot of a person on Facebook asking who ever runs the modern war Facebook page about the new boost buildings. And the modern war Facebook responded and said that they only intended for us to have 1 of each new boost buildings. Is this true? And if it is will you guys be taking back the boost buildings that we have two of.

Preacher Wolf
03-05-2015, 03:47 PM
I would post the screen shot but I don't know how to post pictures on here.

Oh oh Gree
03-05-2015, 03:57 PM
They posted another comment saying they were wrong and it is actually two not one.

Helios Von Elisar
03-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Lol, four pages of accusations and aggravation that a simple reply could have resolved. Why are people so frustrated. I guess it will take another 6 pages for that answer.

Ozymandias
03-08-2015, 12:17 AM

When was this survey? Its not something I recall. What people want is decent communication from gree employees about raised issues.

AdamInToronto
03-22-2015, 06:19 PM
That really sucks for you. I don't know what would be best. In my opinion it would better to have some kind of response than no response. But if the majority don't feel that way then you have to go with the majority.

Do you really want a "Thanks for the info, we're working on it" cookie cutter response for every thread started that points out some problem? What would be the purpose of such posts? There would be so many that they would quickly lose their meaning.

Sort of like saying I love you 20 times a day.