PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember when...

MojoJojo
02-23-2015, 07:46 PM
Like the title says. Post your do you remember when stories.

Do you remember when Riddler had 1.6mil attack and was one of the strongest players in the game?

Do you remember when the only glitch in the game was the fact that defense and attack points still didn't work?

Do you remember when you could buy that heart bomber for Valentine's Day? The attack was somewhere around 120, and it only cost 300 or 400 gold!

Add your stories and enjoy.

Speed ump
02-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Do you remeber when riddler went by the name of Stephen, and was the strongest at 100k, 200, 300, and so forth lol. That's when you could actually defend with stats.

MojoJojo
02-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Do you remeber when riddler went by the name of Stephen, and was the strongest at 100k, 200, 300, and so forth lol. That's when you could actually defend with stats.

Luckily I was way below your level at that time.

Maestro
02-23-2015, 08:17 PM
I remember when a guy with a 100,000 defense was almost unbeatable as a DL! Now my defense is over 15 billion! Then it was around 45k

Captain Buck Slayer
02-23-2015, 08:29 PM
I remember when my stats were 75K... Loooong time ago

major willy
02-23-2015, 08:42 PM
I remember when the complaining wasn't so bad. Lol

Oh oh Gree
02-23-2015, 08:50 PM
Remember when mods responded daily and players were more into helping others out on te forum than posting rants about the latest issue?

Blankboi
02-23-2015, 09:42 PM
I remember buying alot of ships and selling for whole lot of cash and valor

rixon
02-23-2015, 09:51 PM
I remember trying sooo hard trying to work the Allies goals, and get to 500.

I remember people spamming eachother's walls with REPOST THIS AND YOU WILL GET 5000 GOLD NO LIE!!!

I remember when they didn't have factions, and I didn't have any friendships in this game. <3 you all!

Maestro
02-23-2015, 10:10 PM
I remember when the forum had a giveaway thread every so often! Cj would give 100 gold to those that checked in! That was before factions started!

iYoungblood
02-23-2015, 10:10 PM
I remember when my character was L100 and reached 100,000 attack I mentioned (to my then faction) that I was no longer small cheese. 9 billion later, 100,000 is completely insignificant.

MojoJojo
02-23-2015, 10:14 PM
I remember buying a lot of those 2 LE units to get my 41 flying shark units. 3k attack. So much gold down the drain. :(
I remember all of the fools rushing to go from lv200 to lv250 to get the 9k unit. They got hosed in so many ways. Lol

Maestro
02-23-2015, 10:34 PM
I Remember the p-91 and not realizing how good it was! That -30%health regen would have helped a lot now! About the same time we had a few -20%HR units released as prizes for individual events . Didn't think they would be this rare

HellRaizer
02-24-2015, 03:36 AM
I remember when you won units with bonuses in the middle of an ltq.. Eg deadly bridge jumper.. I remember when there weren't factions :) .. I remember spending a lot of energy looting transport raiders.. I remember my first crazy gold spend when going after the fusion apc unit (+1 building upgrade) in a crate event.. I remember Devin's walkthroughs :(

FlyBoris
02-24-2015, 03:58 AM
does anyone remember white dog **** and when all around was just fields?

Pepperidge farm remembers.....

PollekeW
02-24-2015, 04:45 AM
I remember having the desire to play this crappy game

Agent Orange
02-24-2015, 04:54 AM
I remember having the desire to play this crappy game

Haaaa where's the like button!

Agent Orange
02-24-2015, 05:00 AM
Do you remember when....

Free players such as JMC were amoung the strongest.

The Stealth Frigate was the first of many bugs, was 'fixed' causing an uproar because the stats were suddenly changed and then changed back without warning.

General Insane came out of nowhere and owned the game and then called every name imaginable because none of us realized there was a new strategy.... Deep pockets.

Stephen got owned by General Insane and Dingleberry..... ;^D

Bases being cloaked and the magical pink trees.

Many Funzio employees were also secretly playing.....

There were no Factions

The game was fun.....

pelle plutt
02-24-2015, 05:24 AM
i remember when my stats was only 20% of what they are today... way back 5 days ago.... (before the little ships came sailing in)

East Coast Bias
02-24-2015, 05:33 AM
I remember when the mods knew what they were talking about. But then again it must have been a dream as I'm likely to be wrong.

robmurphy
02-24-2015, 05:57 AM
I remember when Curly Wurly's and Wagon Wheels were bigger......

Speed ump
02-24-2015, 06:10 AM
I got owned by gi and ding? Lol. You have a much diff idea of what's went on orange. Ding was only ever able to hit me once, ever. Gi got more back than he dished at the time, plus some free phycological help over some long nights. I've had the last laughs over many protagonists the last three years. Many players have had deeper pockets than gi, what he brought was a style of play. Something much more intresting than mere deep pockets. The cloak was his first invention. The name changes, and so on, the different persona he created. That's what made him special, not deep pockets.
Anyone remeber Doob, the favorite whipping boy of MW. I used to love how he would reset over and over for you. I could spend hours at a time, blacking out his base, along with others, and he'd keep resetting the whole time. Eventually he would give up. Unfortunately he blocked many of us from posting after a while, which was too bad. I'm sure he had as much fun as we did, and without the banter, took away the fun

Demo
02-24-2015, 07:41 AM
I remember when we actually looked forward to WD, ha ha. Seriously though, I have played with TBC two years now, and have seen players come and go. We were thrilled with 50 point attk units (yes, 50). We worked together. We decided if we were going to be top 10 or 25 and did it. Yes, we all know that deep pockets made the biggest difference, but it was the time and effort put in to accomplish our goals. Even with all the problems the game has put out, we still enjoy being together and doing what we can without dropping a bunch of gold. We still have many original members and have even had some come back over time. Peeps need to be honest with themselves, we all must get something out of it or we wouldn't play, or keep playing, so quit the constant complaining. Yes, it is rotten when some peeps get advantages through game issues due to poor planning and coding, but it has been this way for a long time. Let it go, have fun as best you can, and enjoy the friends you have made because of this screwed up game. Long live the Buckwheats!

1brent1
02-24-2015, 08:05 AM
One thing I DON'T remember is having a feeling that Gree cared about their customer's, like I did with Funzio.

HellRaizer
02-24-2015, 08:24 AM
I got owned by gi and ding? Lol. You have a much diff idea of what's went on orange. Ding was only ever able to hit me once, ever. Gi got more back than he dished at the time, plus some free phycological help over some long nights. I've had the last laughs over many protagonists the last three years. Many players have had deeper pockets than gi, what he brought was a style of play. Something much more intresting than mere deep pockets. The cloak was his first invention. The name changes, and so on, the different persona he created. That's what made him special, not deep pockets.
Anyone remeber Doob, the favorite whipping boy of MW. I used to love how he would reset over and over for you. I could spend hours at a time, blacking out his base, along with others, and he'd keep resetting the whole time. Eventually he would give up. Unfortunately he blocked many of us from posting after a while, which was too bad. I'm sure he had as much fun as we did, and without the banter, took away the fun

I remember Doob (Releast), "Purge", these days i think. He even ventured down into our faction a few times. He's still around, although his stats aren't what they compared other others at his level during the PUN days. Amazing how quickly one can fall behind when they drop into the minor leagues

MAD NUGGETT
02-24-2015, 10:01 AM
I remember that guy Jack Schitt. I loved Schitt

Captain Steelman
02-24-2015, 10:29 AM
I remember when the gold bonus was based on how many vaults you bought and not on how much US dollars spent... And I remember Kristin and how she could move around gold from Crime City to Modern war or the other way around.... And how she could distribute bonus gold to what ever account you liked... Those were the happy days of Modern War....

Speed ump
02-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Mr schitt is a fantastic guy for sure, his sidekick miss California too.

Vegaman
02-24-2015, 10:43 AM
I remember our faction not getting the 'AVN Sub' pre Brazil and sending in a ticket and a hundred more... We are still waiting

smbass77
02-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Do you remember when.......

the game loaded every time you wanted to play

updates didn't result in being locked out for days

nearly every event ran smoothly without glitches

GREE actually had people who knew what they were doing, and did it correctly

GIJOE
02-24-2015, 12:13 PM
I remember the Flan Ship!

winners_win
02-24-2015, 12:16 PM
The prizes for WD justified losing a weekend with buddies...

Web323
02-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Remember being able to put your phone down for 8 hours and not miss anything event related

Speed ump
02-24-2015, 01:16 PM
I remeber when there were no events.

Web323
02-24-2015, 01:18 PM
What about Friday Night Fights?

Speed ump
02-24-2015, 01:48 PM
I remeber when they would post pics of themselves bouncing off my walls,lol.

MAD NUGGETT
02-24-2015, 02:51 PM
I remember when you attacked a rival & no stats would show, just your awesome avatars and a win or a loss..

I also remember when everyone's defense was higher than their attack. 660k attack and 950k defense (something like this) made for some fun raids because the rival could not do anything back at all. NOTHING. Being bully was fun, have to admit..

"Sun Tzu asked me to attack you due to your poor performance in China" lol

Speed ump
02-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Haha, yes. I remeber that

kmg108
02-24-2015, 06:41 PM
I remember when it was special to run into an Anniversary Center or AMR on someone's base and think how awesome it must be to have it. Now I see four of each on almost every base I visit. They are almost always level 10, too.

Evil Mastermind
02-24-2015, 06:55 PM
I remember when I made it to 1 mil IPH and thought that was an accomplishment. I remember when I wanted nothing more than 500 aircraft carriers (think it had 56 defense) to fill my army. I remember when the game was still a game and not a second job. I remember when GREE released an event that wasn't bugged or glitched. Oops...wait that last one still hasn't ever happened. Still waiting.

Speed ump
02-24-2015, 06:55 PM
I remeber I had the highest iph in the game at about 4 mil. There was no use for cash at the time, and I sold them all off. Three different times,lol.

Greasy
02-25-2015, 09:13 AM
Deadly Bridge Jumper !

MaroonMonsoon
02-25-2015, 09:19 AM
I remember playing pong for the first time and thinking it was the greastest game ever! After playing modern war for a few years now, i think pong is still way better

chbranch
02-25-2015, 09:55 AM
I remember when the rapid strike MG21 with stats of like 84/110 that could be accidentally attained while beta testing farming concrete almost wrecked the game because people had 200 of them.

GreenwichKid
02-25-2015, 09:57 AM
I remember June 2012 my nephew installed the game on my iPad, I don't talk to him now.............

Brown Out
02-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Do you remember when people used to reminisce about things that mattered.

Like their first kiss, their first car, their first job, the day they got married, the birth of their child.

Screw that! Let's remember Ferr, and old low stat gold units. Woot woot!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Speed ump
02-25-2015, 11:52 AM
I remeber when ferr first came out of his shell, right after he started farming those siege tanks. Me and a few friends decided we didn't like that, so we helped relieve him of many of them, he even dropped down to one ally to hide from us, but I followed him all the way down. He finally decided the only way to avoid this was to go all gold, which he did. And that's also the reason why he always wanted to beat sup so badly. Poor ferr

Captain Steelman
02-25-2015, 01:36 PM
I remeber when ferr first came out of his shell, right after he started farming those siege tanks. Me and a few friends decided we didn't like that, so we helped relieve him of many of them, he even dropped down to one ally to hide from us, but I followed him all the way down. He finally decided the only way to avoid this was to go all gold, which he did. And that's also the reason why he always wanted to beat sup so badly. Poor ferr

Yeah, those were the days... Was fun, wasnt it..? Yeah, the Legend of MW is hard to forget... One just have to share the stories since he is such a big part of the fun moments of this game... I know, I feel you, bro...

Speed ump
02-25-2015, 01:42 PM
I will say he was a legendary spender. One who never achieved his dreams for all his efforts. But I did send him a really cool pun pirates shirt.

Captain Steelman
02-25-2015, 01:46 PM
I will say he was a legendary spender. One who never achieved his dreams for all his efforts. But I did send him a really cool pun pirates shirt.

Ha ha ha, that I do remember he told us about... Nicely done... BTW, Im XXL.... ;-)

Speed ump
02-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Hmm, I am not sure, but I might just have one left

Captain Steelman
02-25-2015, 02:12 PM
Hmm, I am not sure, but I might just have one left

Sweet.... And 9 months left to Thanksgiving so no stress... :-)

HellRaizer
02-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Remember Ferr's farwell speech, were he released what felt like a chapter per day about his attempts to win

mugsyny
02-25-2015, 05:01 PM
I remember when my original account was 400k att and that was high then I lost game and gree told me to uninstall and reinstall , but I never got that account back gree would not fix, my original gamer code is where you rate the game. I know the game is still active cause I can add player. I don't know why I still play. I'm now playing clash of the clans and never a problem with that game?

rambo 1st blood
02-26-2015, 03:30 AM
Do you remember when GREE did a good job and didn't wreck a good game.

Speed ump
02-26-2015, 03:42 AM
No I don't Rambo.

groovy shags
02-26-2015, 05:13 AM
Do you remember when you zombies didn't waste thousands of dollars on this incredibly flawed game?

Speed hump...do you remember when you were not a fantasy game legend in your own mind?

Speed ump
02-26-2015, 05:50 AM
Groovy, I don't have to remeber when you were a troll, you keep reminding us all.

crazeejay
02-26-2015, 06:11 AM
Do you remember when you zombies didn't waste thousands of dollars on this incredibly flawed game?

Speed hump...do you remember when you were not a fantasy game legend in your own mind?

LOL that was good!

truthteller
02-26-2015, 09:31 AM

WOW Speed
I have always thought you were a gentleman...................but making fun on you you BULLIED like that of a player, any player.........tsk tsk.............shame on you:(

codys21
02-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Do you remember when the 1 year veteran unit with stats of 120/80 was one of the best units, if not the best unit, in your army?

MW Flake
02-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Do you remember when the 1 year veteran unit with stats of 120/80 was one of the best units, if not the best unit, in your army?
I remember getting that and thinking it was great. That was before I knew about stat inflation.

groovy shags
02-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Speed ump
Not sure what kind that is, but for sure no troll. Just not one to ever back down from cheaters or trolls.

In addition to not backing down, speed dump will also not:

1) Ally me with his main account. (Which I have requested from him numerous times!)
2) Post any screen shots of his squeaky clean account.
3) Ever admit to benefitting from any of the games prior glitches.
4) Realize that this is a mere fantasy game, with imaginary stuff, to win "prizes" in button tapping!
5) Recognize that this is no game of skill!
6) Stop believing that he is some sort of gaming legend that others look up too.
7) Will never, ever, climb down from his high horse to stop preaching his gaming sermon.

After reading through these forums for a few days, I have realized this guy may just be the most deranged and insane person I have ever come across. The way he brags about these epic battles with this Ferr guy in years past. You would think they were on the beaches of Normandy for WWII. But no...they were simply dumping cash into a phone game to see who could click "power attack" the fastest! I mean seriously? You can't make this stuff up!

Still waiting to ally with you lord hump! You have my code.

groovy shags
02-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Speed ump
I do too, in fact have four games there, three maxed, and one th9. I agree no glitches, though there is cheating, it's dosnt affect my clans play too much, we don't hunt trophies we do clan wars

Wow! He is legendary in clash of clans too! There is no helping him. He really does believe this stuff is real!

Speed ump
02-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Groovy this is the remeber when thread,mnot the remeber whe I trolled five seconds ago thread. You have to be a legend of the game to get mentioned here. You're not even a legendary glitcher,lol

MojoJojo
02-26-2015, 03:12 PM
I remember when the Ripper would buy a stake dinner for anyone who had 1mil stats I boosted.

I remember when the forum didn't have so many trolls.

@Groovy. This is a do you remember thread. Stop trolling. If you've got something positive to talk about by all means post. If not move along.

@Speed. You know better than to feed the trolls.

Always going to be haters on here. If you're not on this thread to talk about something you remember, then move along.

truthteller
02-26-2015, 03:27 PM
I remember the event where gree asked us to pick players name to make units with those names

Then Miner joking proposed FLAN ..................and everyone jump on the wagon

then during the poll....................of course...............FLAN won...............and we ended up having the FLAN carrier (that has been the ONLY LE unit I have ever purchased) :cool:

truthteller
02-26-2015, 03:28 PM
I remember War Priest having a puppy crush on the first girl mode we had (cannot remember her name)

also Remember War Priest, BUYING ALL LEs that came out, he was collecting them all

bam bam.
02-26-2015, 04:43 PM
I remember the game used to be fun, the forum used to be positive and when the rare mistake was made we were compensated for it with gold and actual apologies.

I hate this game now

Vercingetorix
02-26-2015, 05:55 PM
I remember when my own actions and playing style determined the strength of my account. I remember logging on after the wde event for France (I think - I do remember returning to my office from a road trip) and there was some faction oriented glitch that caused me to level 7 times but my stats tripled. I was so ticked when that occurred because I went from a strong player for my level to just another player. To me that is when this game jumped the shark. Everything became faction oriented because the masters of the game (I refuse to call them my masters) forced us into faction oriented events where if we did not participate our faction mates suffered. I still look back at that single event as being the turning point for me when the game went from fun to a chore.

Mojo, thanks for this post. This has been a fun post to read. I have enjoyed most of this except the trolls who are going after other players.

Campy McCamperpants
02-26-2015, 06:22 PM
I have to bring up Devin again. Great contributor to the community and had a unit named after him that he didn't agree with and quit. I also remember when Ferr was top dog.

nocebl
02-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Do you remember 450 points per hit...

HypeTonic
02-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Do you remember when Funzio owned MW?

Joe Brown1
02-26-2015, 07:22 PM
I remember when Crime City Mark had a get together in Southern Cal back in the Funzio days. The pictures were fun to see. I think Vball (both) showed up, Hello Kitty and a number of others (hard to remember for sure) Also got to see pics of CCM in person. The people who attended got special units also.

Maestro
02-26-2015, 08:23 PM
Don't forget about PJ Or some of the others that got forum bans LLF Ect. Most may not have agreed with them but they were entertaining.

Kartie
03-04-2015, 04:02 AM
with this trillion stats...this will go down in the history book