PDA

View Full Version : Strong d/l screw rest of crew??

Red BD
02-23-2015, 06:33 PM
my Syndicate has a relatively strong Defense Leader. He's like 4x the average member. In battles it seems the team does not get anywhere unless this guy participates-- because all opposing Crew are too strong. Is it set up this way by Gree, and how can the team get a descent score unless the big guy(s) just dump gold?

CatDor
02-23-2015, 08:24 PM
My DL has stats 10x our average member and we haven't noticed too many issues with rivals. We're only a top 600 synd and we do face top 500 a lot but we seem to do ok on average.

cookamoo
02-23-2015, 08:43 PM
We usually put a low level weak individual as DL. A lot of times the opposing team goes crazy scouting thinking the rest of the team is weak. Resulting in a few defense wins, unless they're using good Intel.

Max Power
02-23-2015, 08:43 PM
2 PA's take out a DL

thanks. Thats not what he is talking about.

cookamoo
02-23-2015, 08:51 PM
my Syndicate has a relatively strong Defense Leader. He's like 4x the average member. In battles it seems the team does not get anywhere unless this guy participates-- because all opposing Crew are too strong. Is it set up this way by Gree, and how can the team get a descent score unless the big guy(s) just dump gold? Does your DL lead the team in points? If so by how much?

Evan1000
02-23-2015, 09:31 PM

I read it wrong

Red BD
02-23-2015, 10:42 PM
In terms of battle points, he leads closest by about 20.000, others by 50,000- a majority end up only being able to hit hideout/command center ot lose.

smokey77
02-24-2015, 12:21 AM

Don`t you just hate it when someone quotes you before you can complete the "ninja delete" :rolleyes:

cookamoo
02-24-2015, 10:36 AM
That may be the issue then, if he is scoring 25% of the total influence points. He is putting your team into the rank pool greater than your teams mean (not including him). Higher ranked teams tend to have higher stat'd players. Or more scouting needs to be done, most of the time there's a lemon in the opponents team, you just have to find him/her.

Max Power
02-24-2015, 11:52 AM
Don`t you just hate it when someone quotes you before you can complete the "ninja delete" :rolleyes:

Preserved for historic purposes....LOL!

Red BD
02-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the input (and any more that might be forthcoming)

Vile Lynn
02-25-2015, 08:48 AM
It is part of the matching algorithm: average stat.

One overly strong member can ruin your chances for easy match ups.

Morgz
02-25-2015, 10:11 AM
That's just what I was going to ask to clarify...I've always thought it isn't just the DL per se that determines your match ups. It's the overall average of your syn's stats, and I think somewhere current rank is also factored in (hence the top teams dropping all the way to low rank at beginning of war to get easy match ups for completing streak goals). I don't think the DL's individual stats mean anything on their own, other than what they add to the overall syndicate average.

edit: not sure I really asked a question other than please correct me if I am wrong.

Vile Lynn
02-25-2015, 10:20 AM
Average stat
Current war rank
Last war rank
Number of members
^all part of the matching algorithm.

Some have speculated that total stat & avg level are included, too, but I don't know.

Morgz
02-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Cool thanks. So that means super strong DL really doesn't affect match ups much, other than that DL's affect on the entire syn average strength -- but that affect would be the same if he were DL, Officer, or regular member.

Vile Lynn
02-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Cool thanks. So that means super strong DL really doesn't affect match ups much, other than that DL's affect on the entire syn average strength -- but that affect would be the same if he were DL, Officer, or regular member.

I believe you are correct.
And yes, rank in the syn does not effect anything.

On a side note: when you see a team with 10-20+ low level, low stat players... most of the time they are trying to lower their avg stat for easier matchups. Those shill players aren't there to just hit walls, iykwim.

Captain Torgue
02-25-2015, 11:39 PM
my Syndicate has a relatively strong Defense Leader. He's like 4x the average member. In battles it seems the team does not get anywhere unless this guy participates-- because all opposing Crew are too strong. Is it set up this way by Gree, and how can the team get a descent score unless the big guy(s) just dump gold?

Most syndicates have their weakest player as their D/L so that they get better matchups. You should try that.

Red BD
02-26-2015, 04:23 PM
Captain, Vile Lynn and u seem to disagree- a classical conundrum- or something like that. Anyway, your suggestion, Captain, is intriguing. If D/L can be changed mid-war, I think I'll give it a shot. Or next time. Thanks.

Vile Lynn
02-27-2015, 07:49 AM
As far as I know (which isn't that far), the DL stats do not factor into the matching algorithm.

Morgz
02-27-2015, 01:47 PM
In response to Vile Lynn

Od you say that. We just got matched with one of those syns. 8-10 decent players that are mid to high level, then about 30 or more players under level 10 - 15. I figured it must be a streak team just trying to get ranked lower for easier wins. Not much point in even battling with them since they don't create much targets. We either just let it go, ruin their streak, or run the score up so high they either have to lose, or win and get ranked higher.