PDA

View Full Version : should I buy the ship everyone is talking about?

richie1105
02-23-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm sick of checking this forum for an answer from Gree and am becoming increasingly agitated on what is going to happen and I'm now thinking of finding someone (shouldn't be to hard) and buying them myself, I'm worried they are going to keep the units, being playing for 3 years and don't know if I could quit but I don't want to put all 3 years down the pan

Web323
02-23-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm sick of checking this forum for an answer from Gree and am becoming increasingly agitated on what is going to happen and I'm now thinking of finding someone (shouldn't be to hard) and buying them myself, I'm worried they are going to keep the units, being playing for 3 years and don't know if I could quit but I don't want to put all 3 years down the pan

You are correct in the fact they will keep them, but most have sold them and purchased units that fall inline with their rank

richie1105
02-23-2015, 11:59 AM
This also worries me, how could gree know or take back what all the valour and money has been going on to?

ezmunie
02-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Gree knows what you bought, what you sold and what you recycled. They can fix this.

kmg108
02-23-2015, 12:01 PM
This also worries me, how could gree know or take back what all the valour and money has been going on to?

They can't. There is literally no way to reverse the damage. The benefits have been laundered into donations and other units that are more appropriate.

johnnybravoo77
02-23-2015, 12:07 PM
Buy one unit. If gree doesnt fix it, then buy 3000.

Lt Kije
02-23-2015, 12:10 PM
Gree knows what you bought, what you sold and what you recycled. They can fix this.

Hope they can

Pidgeot
02-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Hope they can

Problem is its not practical to search thousands of accounts and any massive fixes are bound to fail since its clear iOS and Android dont function the same.

richie1105
02-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Is this why there is a code of silence from Gree also, do they even know how to to fix it, I can just see them now arguing amongst themselves as to who's going to break the ice on the forum

kmg108
02-23-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm anticipating major refund requests to Apple. MW might soon be for droid only, as they are now in a league of their own.

Pidgeot
02-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Is this why there is a code of silence from Gree also, do they even know how to to fix it, I can just see them now arguing amongst themselves as to who's going to break the ice on the forum

The best thing they can do is remove all ships from all accounts that are not the Apollo rank. We know they can do mass unit removal and do refunds.

NexusImperium
02-23-2015, 12:46 PM
The best thing they can do is remove all ships from all accounts that are not the Apollo rank. We know they can do mass unit removal and do refunds.

Agreed. This is probably the best fix. Also, accounts found with the units should be penalized with being reset to 0 cash and valor. I think this is all-around the most fair approach. After all, players violated the ToS by participating in a glitch. It's not even that big of a punishment, it just resets any advantage that they may have gained from exploiting the glitch.

Regarding the laundering issue, Gree ought to set most units (except boost units) to 'high' casualty rate for a short time, including valor units. The game needs a correction. There's too much in-game $ in the MW in-game economy because of the arjun recycle glitch. It's fair to say that in most cases the boost units were gained legitimately (from LTQ, WD, FL, etc). Setting units to 'high' casualty rate would effect a slow, generalized stat deflation over time. To incentivize people to do this the attacker should be made immune from unit casualties, whilst the defender is the one that incurs the casualties. As a result, generally, the most active players in PvP will stay a step stronger than others.

Under this scenario, I think over 3-4 months things will probably return to normal when people start purchasing units again to make up for those lost from their army.

DieselPowered
02-23-2015, 12:55 PM
so for those of us that didnt participate in those glitches get penalized as well for being honest?

Clementine
02-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Please note that purchasing these items is considered a breach of the Terms of Service.

The Development Team is aware of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. Once I have more details, we will provide an update.

thescondo
02-23-2015, 01:01 PM
They are going to do nothing - I gave up and got the ships -

Worse they can do is ban me - They are doing me a favor at this point

ezmunie
02-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Thank you Clementine. :)

Dazzj10
02-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Please note that purchasing these items is considered a breach of the Terms of Service.

The Development Team is aware of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. Once I have more details, we will provide an update.
How is this a breach of TOS they are being bought from other people's army using an option that gree put there,
Shame you weren't so quick to act to stop the plane mode glitch that iOS had the privilege of for so long,,

kmg108
02-23-2015, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Dazzj10;1471075]How is this a breach of TOS they are being bought from other people's army using an option that gree put there.
QUOTE]

Units are bought in the store, or awarded in events. Those are the two ways to get units. If you hunted then down from another user, then you exploited the game.

Dazzj10
02-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Or using the option gree put there in others inventories of it's wrong then the option shouldn't be there,
I didn't see any players moaning that droid players could purchase from others inventories before this unit was released
And before it's said... No I don't have any of the ships

Take them away from the players but don't penalise them for using a method that gree developed and gave them

BrisingrBoss
02-23-2015, 02:06 PM
OK, i don't want it to sound like I'm preaching break of ToS so lets see if i can ask the question correctly: please explain where is this a break of the TOS: let's say a player attacks another player. he doesn't go to the forums he is not aware there are new units out. he loses the attack because the opponent has massive defense. he then proceeds to check the opponent's army and see thousands of a Unit that has over a million in stats. he then clicks on the unit and voila, he immediately sees an option to buy it by the hundreds he then proceeds to spend all his cash and buy as many as he can. Please I just want to understand how is this a Breach of the TOS. The player legitimately(apparently) bought units that were offered to him in the game. he didn't change the programming, he didn't manipulate any code between his device and gree servers, be that by software or by cutting his connection, and reestablishing it(not really sure how that airplane glitch worked, never done it myself, even though I'm on iOS) anyway. I'm just trying to understand the rules here. if an item is offered in the game, and a player is allowed to buy it, how is this player in breach if he didn't change the game in any way? Just asking for an explanation. If the units were sold off and it was a mistake, then remove the units and reimburse players for the purchase price. That would be pretty much what Gree has done every time there was a mistake on a unit for sale anyways.

Dazzj10
02-23-2015, 02:11 PM
OK, i don't want it to sound like I'm preaching break of TS so lets see if i can ask the question correctly: please explain where is this a break of the TOS: let's say a player attacks another player. he doesn't go to the forums he is not aware there are new units out. he loses the attack because the opponent has massive defense. he then proceeds to check the opponent's army and see thousands of a Unit that has over a million in stats. he then clicks on the unit and voila, he immediately sees an option to buy it by the hundreds he then proceeds to spend all his cash and buy as many as he can. Please I just want to understand how is this a Breach of the TOS. The player legitimately(apparently) bought units that were offered to him in the game. he didn't change the programming, he didn't manipulate any code between his device and gree servers, be that by software or by cutting his connection, and reestablishing it(not really sure how that airplane glitch worked, never done it myself, even though I'm on iOS) anyway. I'm just trying to understand the rules here. if an item is offered in the game, and a player is allowed to buy it, how is this player in breach if he didn't change the game in any way? Just asking for an explanation. If the units were sold off and it was a mistake, then remove the units and reimburse players for the purchase price. That would be pretty much what Gree has done every time there was a mistake on a unit for sale anyways.

Exactly

Well wrote mate, this is my point
The player in question has done nothing wrong

kmg108
02-23-2015, 02:14 PM
regardless...it's a Gree error that has been long taken advantage of on droid. The mainissue here is the severity of it. To have people go from nothing to untouchable is not an option. Sure, there have been lots of glitches over the years. This one is so aggregious that it effectively ruins the game. You can keep the units, I really don't care...but they shouldn't be the power that they are being that you can buy an infinite number of them.

Here is the real question: why would anyone even want all those units? Doesn't it take the fun away? Isn't the thrill of the chase destoyed for you now? I imagine that constant postings on your walls would quickly get old as well.

I will never know.

truthteller
02-23-2015, 02:19 PM
How is this a breach of TOS they are being bought from other people's army using an option that gree put there,
Shame you weren't so quick to act to stop the plane mode glitch that iOS had the privilege of for so long,,

you forgot to mention......................IOS had the privilege of for so long..........and that Droids milked for over a year before IOS got it......... :rolleyes:

Dazzj10
02-23-2015, 02:21 PM
I agree those that have bought them through rank or not should be limited, especially as the unit has such strength

Kefa
02-23-2015, 02:31 PM

You won't find these in my inventories, nor will you find extra cash or valor or valor units or anything associated with buying these units.

HOWEVER...

If it is a breach of TOS to purchase units that are available to purchase from other peoples' inventories, then it would probably be a good idea to remove the BUY button from inventory items altogether. It's not a new thing, has been there as long as rank-restricted units have existed, and has been brought up many times. In fact, it was even mentioned as an outstanding issue in my last Player Notes post, which was posted before these were released. It's only suddenly now a popular issue because of the imbalanced nature of the newest rank-restricted units, which those of high rank do definitely deserve.

P.S. When you state that something is a breach of ToS, it would be helpful for you to quote the section of the ToS being violated.

Speed ump
02-23-2015, 02:36 PM
I have never bought units from someone else's inventory, nor would in occur to me to do so. I know the legit ways to get units. Earn them, or pay for them. We all know that people didn't accidently go through other peoples inventories, amoung the thousand of units, and stumble across that one. One player, maybe, hundreds or more of players? Not sure who you think you're fooling with that smoke screen. If they bought them from someone's inventory, they knew what they were looking for, because someone told them.

johnnybravoo77
02-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Horse hockey! There's no violation of anything. Please refrain from saying this clementine, unless you have something to prove it.

Codys
02-23-2015, 02:38 PM
P.S. When you state that something is a breach of ToS, it would be helpful for you to quote the section of the ToS being violated.

The buy button is a bug in the code/data, that was not meant to be there. The ToS violation is using a bug or data glitch, rather than purchasing items. If they accidentally give it away for free...

Than it is a violation of the ToS. Gree decides what the ToS are.

kmg108
02-23-2015, 02:40 PM
I believe they are refering to the TOS in general. To paint with a broad brush would imply that any action that is not as Gree "intended" is a violation. The mere fact that the issue exists, and Gree did nothing about it, does not mean that they intended for it to be used this way. The simply had no motivation to correct their error until the magnitude of the latest foul-up.

kmg108
02-23-2015, 02:41 PM
For anyone that feels what they did was right, regardless of whether it is the current glich or a previous one, please read about the definition of your thought process:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_(making_excuses)

poopda pants
02-23-2015, 02:47 PM
The easiest thing to do (and most fun) would be unlock all units on all platforms and set the casualty rate to "paper mache". And let the games begin. See if you can be the first to eradicate your opponents entire army.

Clementine
02-23-2015, 02:48 PM
An update regarding this has been posted here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?107267-Update-Valor-Glitch

This thread is being locked. Please direct all comments, questions, and discussion to the above post.