PDA

View Full Version : Use DOCKBOT to ID cheaters

Merc_mw
02-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Whether exploiting the glitch to gather valor, cash or improve stats is cheating or not is not for us to decide.

BUT using it during a battle to improve targets or steal wins is different. As we determine who is glitching during battles we create a list in dockbot; so other factions will know which accounts cheat during a battle. We log them as players with level 300 1m defense.

So when you fight say, Knights of XXXXXXX OR XXX Grunt2 , you will see. PLAYER A, PLAYER V, PLAYER X all use the glitch. 300 1M at the top of the Intel list.

Be nice if others did similar.

ezmunie
02-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Whether exploiting the glitch to gather valor, cash or improve stats is cheating or not is not for us to decide.

BUT using it during a battle to improve targets or steal wins is different. As we determine who is glitching during battles we create a list in dockbot; so other factions will know which accounts cheat during a battle. We log them as players with level 300 1m defense.

So when you fight say, Knights of XXXXXXX OR XXX Grunt2 , you will see. PLAYER A, PLAYER V, PLAYER X all use the glitch. 300 1M at the top of the Intel list.

Be nice if others did similar.

Ever think that using a bot to search your opposing team is also cheating? You pay to cheat and that's ok?

Merc_mw
02-22-2015, 03:53 PM
Thank you for asking. That was a concern and we inquired prior to using dockbot. Here was the Gree response, via a PM from Tadaah,

"After looking over what Dock Bot does, in its current state, it shouldn't be an issue. It doesn't appear to be a "Bot" in the traditional sense of the word. Granted, if someone were to find a way to change it's intended use or it's features change in the future, we'll need to revisit it."

So we do pay, but under GREE's interpretation of their policies the use of dock bot is not improper.

Archer59
02-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Lol....are you serious? (2 posts above)

Big John
02-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Utterly hilarious, ban all Dockbot users too.

ezmunie
02-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Lol....are you serious? (2 posts above)

Yep, I'm serious.

Selfproclaimed
02-22-2015, 04:17 PM
Also , not everyone at lvl 301 with the Apollo units are cheats. You'd be suprised how many are legit considering how long they've been sitting at lvl 300. Of which a lot of are from top 10 teams. Theyve done a ton more attacking overtime with all the wd events.

600fonz
02-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Ever think that using a bot to search your opposing team is also cheating? You pay to cheat and that's ok?

It does exactly the same thing as happened manually when factions did it either with their logging of Intel or sharing in a room. That's like saying that player A from faction A cant tell player B from the same faction about a player from Faction B.

It's just on a bigger scale and more refined.

Some people need to engage the grey matter before bashing the keyboard.

ezmunie
02-22-2015, 04:54 PM
It does exactly the same thing as happened manually when factions did it either with their logging of Intel or sharing in a room. That's like saying that player A from faction A cant tell player B from the same faction about a player from Faction B.

It's just on a bigger scale and more refined.

Some people need to engage the grey matter before bashing the keyboard.

Really? A bot that gives you intel on opposing players so your scouts don't have to waste their energy scouting the opposing team, is simply an unfair advantage to those who choose not to cheat.

I don't care what Gree says about it, when an outside source is used to give one team an advantage over another, that's cheating.

MW Flake
02-22-2015, 05:07 PM
It's nothing more than a player compiled list. Nothing at all different than what Larry and Danimal do with the LTQ's. I take it we should ban them too?

KillerDriller
02-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Really? A bot that gives you intel on opposing players so your scouts don't have to waste their energy scouting the opposing team, is simply an unfair advantage to those who choose not to cheat.

I don't care what Gree says about it, when an outside source is used to give one team an advantage over another, that's cheating.

You should get an understanding about how docbot works before running at the mouth. The intel is compiled by the players. The program does not sneak into any player account and sniff information.

Brown Out
02-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Lol! All factions have access to Docbot.
Whether they choose to use it is entirely up to them.

The new high stat ships are only available to Androind users.

Nice try.

DieselPowered
02-22-2015, 06:00 PM
Those ships are not available to this android user, they are in the store with a padlock on them. I am not an apollo rank however so they should be locked. I do not own any. The only way that I can see a non apollo ranked player having them is to purchase them from another players inventory. If that is the case, then how is it cheating if buying units from a rivals inventory is a part of the game and allowable by gree'd? Or am i missing something here?

Merc_mw
02-22-2015, 06:01 PM
the difference is Gree has approved dockbot~ see my second post.

Back to tagging those that use the glitch DURING a battle.

Brown Out
02-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Those ships are not available to this android user, they are in the store with a padlock on them. I am not an apollo rank however so they should be locked. I do not own any. The only way that I can see a non apollo ranked player having them is to purchase them from another players inventory

Exactly, you know you're not supposed to have them.
But there's a glitch that always you to bypass that.
You know it's not authorized.

DieselPowered
02-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Please dont take this wrong, I do not own any, nor is my nerf shooting status high enough to even come across someone that would possibly have them, but if the only units that we "should" be allowed to buy are in the store then why is there even an option imbedded into the game to buy anything from a rivals profile? it would be much easier to just go to the store and buy in bulk. Again, please dont take me the wrong way, i dont condone cheating in any way, but it looks to me as a strategic part of gameplay. and if its not, then a possible fix would be to totally remove the option of buying units from opponents from the game (however im sure that would just open another can if glitches)

sstuutss
02-22-2015, 06:30 PM
If mods had been known to say things in the past that turned out to be less than 100% correct. It could be argued that as you pay to use dockbot, that alone would be enough for it to be against TOS. But as we all know that never happens here.