PDA

View Full Version : Are name changes because of GREE banning players

Vegaman
02-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Just had a war against a top team that were all one name when we fought them yesterday, now several have different names? Was this because they were caught cheating and banned ? Seems a strange tactic if not as it now makes it easier for rivals to attack them. Anyone know why?

Tony81
02-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Probably because it doesn't tie them to a docbotted name of a different stat. If you can't see the unit in their top45 and they have a different name, how can you accuse?

MW Flake
02-22-2015, 01:09 PM
Nobody's been banned.

Tony81
02-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Nobody's been banned.

... Nor will they ever. Banning creates a short term loss of revenue and we all know Gree isn't here for the long run.

Rookeye
02-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Dunno how it works in Modern War, but in Knights and Dragons, having all share the same name hides the mediocre players among the hardened warriors...its not a cheat, merely a battle tactic. *shrug*

Maverick0073
02-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Dunno how it works in Modern War, but in Knights and Dragons, having all share the same name hides the mediocre players among the hardened warriors...its not a cheat, merely a battle tactic. *shrug*

It's a well used tactic , 1) to change names half way through the wde, to screw with the intel in docbot .
2) once everyone has the same name you change the dl after every match to move positions and again mess with docbot intel.
The best ever was when there were 2 top 25 teams with all the same name and both factions had the same name....was awesome the accusations of cheating and that they were editing docbot intel themselves was hilarious.
Now gree won't allow 2 teams with same name :-(

Also if you were banned , it's pretty hard to log in and change your name

ezmunie
02-22-2015, 03:52 PM
One faction we were fighting, one of their guys was getting pounded by our team cause he gave good points. While in the war, he changed his name... I guess thinking that we wouldn't notice. Not against any rules to change your name before, during or after a war.

fatbodychris
02-22-2015, 04:36 PM
I think gree will change your name to Alex if you get reported for having a bad name.

Speed ump
02-22-2015, 06:50 PM
I think I know the team being refered to. They changed their names back to normal, and had nothing to do with being banned, or cheating.

Agent Orange
02-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Just had a war against a top team that were all one name when we fought them yesterday, now several have different names? Was this because they were caught cheating and banned ? Seems a strange tactic if not as it now makes it easier for rivals to attack them. Anyone know why?

Don't forget when WD starts factions are locked so they could not add new members or delete as well.

PITA4PRES
02-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Don't forget when WD starts factions are locked so they could not add new members or delete as well.

Members can be added after we starts now. That was changed awhile back.

Oh oh Gree
02-22-2015, 10:17 PM
Members can be added after we starts now. That was changed awhile back.

You can also leave your faction then join back with the same faction. This throws off the order of Intel even more so if you all have the same name. However this can only be done between wars not while a war is active or declared. (At least this worked 6 months ago but I have not tried recently).

The Judy
02-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Guerillas normally go as one name then change back on Sunday, in case you are referring to us. It also allows those at top of leaderboard to be seen and get due credit.

Agent Orange
02-23-2015, 04:22 AM
You can also leave your faction then join back with the same faction. This throws off the order of Intel even more so if you all have the same name. However this can only be done between wars not while a war is active or declared. (At least this worked 6 months ago but I have not tried recently).

I tried removing a member after WD started this time and I could not. Didn't try adding any. In FL faction are locked and error message I got was I couldn't due to faction being locked. Perhaps it has changed.