PDA

View Full Version : Serious question for all free/low gold players

montecore
02-20-2015, 04:23 PM
As some of you may have heard, there have been some serious complaints from many top ten syndicates about SA being too long and the 7 day battle being too long. I understand their point of view as it takes a lot of time/money/energy to successfully run a battle and achieve all streaks within the top 10 or 20. I understand that it is hard for any officer at any level to run a battle, but hear me out.

But is a seven day battle or an extended SA really that bad for free players? My logic is this: If it were a one hour war or two hour war, the gold spending teams would crush it and spend all the gold they could in that hour or two. But the free players wouldn't even have a chance to do more than 4-6 hits as they would be waiting for their energy to fill up.

Same with SA - top teams have plenty of gold to burn on deploys, some even buy the gold deploy items, but many free players lack the IPH or gold to compete. If it were an hour or two long, the top teams would crush it. Put SA on 3, 5, 7 days and the free syndicates have lots of time to run ghost battles for free deploys, recharge, coordinate dumping all 250 deploys in a single battle, etc.

I know the free players hate the new raid boss strength. But putting that aside, what are your thoughts on longer wars and a longer SA? Doesn't it mean that those players who are dedicated and willing to coordinate, even while playing free, have a significant advantage over those who don't? Even those who spend a little gold? Sort of like a free player doing 18 cash opens per day versus a gold player opening four with gold.

PhantomNine
02-20-2015, 04:47 PM
No.....it does not balance things to have these events extended or the bosses harder to beat. The free/moderate gold spender does not get a bigger break or a little bit more of an advantage. Those that are fortunate enough to be able to spend real money to advance will spend more money because the event is longer or the boss is harder. The only one who'll really benefit is Gree. The vast majority will not benefit from these new changes. Unfortunately Crime City's becoming more like a second job and creating a financial burden to those who are unable to monitor or controll their expenditures in the heat of the moment or peer pressure.

Sandukan
02-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Two things:

1. When GREE extends events they also make the goals harder (ie requiring more wins).
2. The longer the event the longer you have to dedicate to maintaining your position. Low gold and gold free syndicates have to be extremely active to be effective. Thats a lot of days dedicated to a game.

bevsxrs
02-20-2015, 05:04 PM
I have no issues running battles day in and day out...but would prefer 5 days. I purchase gold..not vaults of it..but I do put a lot of time into battles. a strong syndicate that is organized and dedicated can do very well with out the gold. not be top 100 but can make it to the top 250. that's just my opinion.

stepxhenlockwood17
02-20-2015, 05:52 PM
I have bought gold for EVERY event in the past 6-7 months.....but with the understanding my accomplices will no longer be used that I dumped loads of cash for.....I am now a free player. 1, 2, 3 events no money from me.....I see this pattern among my whole team! Why pay scammers to scam. I also hate the events being lengthened. It only hurts the middle class that spend an average amount

!Radar
02-20-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm in a small syndicate. We have a few gold users. Not large amounts, but we used to use 5 or 6 vaults between us during battle. With a 7 day war, those few vaults won't keep us ranked as high as it used to. So there's no reason to use gold. Especially if we will be getting unmodded items as a syndicate reward like they had in the last battles. So as a low gold user I personally don't like it. Plus a simple change in events every couple of days is nice. Instead of the same thing over and over.

montecore
02-20-2015, 07:04 PM
it sounds like the less gold you spend, and the more effort you can put into a given war, the more you may like this format. or is my anecdotal assessment incorrect?

bevsxrs
02-20-2015, 07:24 PM
it sounds like the less gold you spend, and the more effort you can put into a given war, the more you may like this format. or is my anecdotal assessment incorrect?

gold or no gold...it's my opinion that 7 days is excessive, but I enjoy the game...and game on.

bevsxrs
02-20-2015, 07:26 PM
looking at this...from various perspectives...I can understand why most players feel the way they do..given monies spent on gold..or time involved in the game..striving to be the best of the best. it can be frustrating to feel we've received less rewards than deserved.

Weasel
02-20-2015, 07:41 PM
Most of the concerns I have seen about longer wars do not put time/gold spent and final ranks at the top of the list.

The most common issue I have seen regarding the 5-7 day wars is the fact that doing battles for that length of time is too repetitive and tedious an undertaking to be enjoyable. The first few days are normally battle as usual, but after that people become bored, people have more important obligations during weekdays, and interest wanes because it basically turns into a 24 hour job with only up to 60 people available to "work".

Games should never feel like work. Games are supposed to be fun and interesting, not boring and repetitive.

bevsxrs
02-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Most of the concerns I have seen about longer wars do not put time/gold spent and final ranks at the top of the list.

The most common issue I have seen regarding the 5-7 day wars is the fact that doing battles for that length of time is too repetitive and tedious an undertaking to be enjoyable. The first few days are normally battle as usual, but after that people become bored, people have more important obligations during weekdays, and interest wanes because it basically turns into a 24 hour job with only up to 60 people available to "work".

Games should never feel like work. Games are supposed to be fun and interesting, not boring and repetitive.

you nailed it. by the time the first few days are over...it gets boring...not to mention some players have to work 50 plus hours a week at their jobs and can't put all their extra time into gameplay. they start to resent the game and it often shows in the forums.

Green Drake
02-20-2015, 08:33 PM
What the weasel said.

spiderman
02-20-2015, 09:39 PM

Ditto mate. That about sums it up, For most. Happy gaming mate.

Evan1000
02-21-2015, 03:18 AM
Nope, we hate this just as much as everyone else, I'll still probably place in the same tier T2000, and will probably have to spend more gold on it then I typically should because everyone else is going to.

Gungho
02-21-2015, 04:16 AM
I've spend on 1 of the LTQs with Acc... Which now seems like a ripof... Normally I spend $50-$100 a month to get some extra hits in war. But I find the game less and less enjoyable with the long events, and in my synd we have a hard time filling 60 members now as many have quit. It's at a tipping point for me to go completely gold free as the difference is very small, but I wouldn't have to make commitment that is impossible due to real life.

smokey77
02-21-2015, 04:32 AM
I agree with Weasel , for me it has nothing to with anything other than the boredom factor of spending 7 days doing a war . I have other things to be getting on with outside of this game . I had a couple of good offers to join a syndicate with my mini but didn`t bother as I can`t dedicate 7 days to a war or SA so have basically stopped the game altogether now except for IPH building on my main account .

fuzzy
02-21-2015, 05:49 AM
many free players lack the IPH

Completely disagree with that statement of free players lacking IPH for SA

Got a few players in my Syn with 0 income

Very easy to rob enough to buy the top ingame cash units in SA in about 10 minutes

IPH is not the complaint....it's the boredom

Day 1...energy high
Day 2...can see the goal in sight
Day 3...lets F other team streaks
Day 4....whatever
Day 5...whatever

Nighteg
02-21-2015, 06:04 AM
Weasel pretty much covered it all. It's not the length, it's the bore-fest. Same ole retarded atk/def mods as rewards. Absolutely no motivation to participate.

p.s. SA requires IPH? Is this a joke? I haven't purchased a single unit in months. And even if i'd have, the price is laughable.

The Hammr
02-21-2015, 01:58 PM

This post pretty well sums it up. Let me add one thing. After the first 48 hours, the standings do not change that much. The prize a syndicate winds up with will likely be the same if the war is 2 days, 3 days, or 7 days. The point spreads will be wider, but the final standings usually wind up being about the same. The only real difference is how much money is spent on the game.

This also magnifies how tedious a longer war becomes because it really isnt necessary.

Evan1000
02-21-2015, 02:08 PM
I'd also like to add onto my other post, free players require free hits, which means being really active to do well, and I sure as hell don't look forward to staring at my phone every hour for a week straight, and trying to sneak in hits during and inbetween classes. 5 day was wasn't fun, 7 days is just going to suck

TheWarthog
02-21-2015, 08:25 PM
Let me put it to you like this. In my old t350 syndicate I had a player with a mini who's main was in Solemn Carnage. He wasn't extremely active in the t350. He wasn't inactive...just kinda around, would hit, offer advice...kinda casual. He retired just before SC folded. He said he was going to retire from CC ($1000 a month was getting ridiculous) and play another, free game. I asked him why he didn't just play CC for free and his answer was "because the less gold you use, the more time it takes to play CC and be competitive." Extending events length makes it worse. Down time between events is lessened.

Weasel
02-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Lol @ "be competitive". There is only one competition in this game; who can spend the most amount of money.

Watch the video in my sig, it'll all make sense. Animated, safe for work/lunch.

TheWarthog
02-21-2015, 10:56 PM
Nice vid. Love R&S. Takes me back a few years, but that was exactly his point. Either stay up 24/7 working events or throw ridiculous amounts of money at events. One his last messages to me on gm was "I hear ya. Been trying to quit for 2 months now, but every time they put up a new shiny ip bonus for 3rd place, and i jus cant miss out on it lol"....which is kinda what your video was about. Spend more and beat more.

Weasel
02-21-2015, 11:32 PM
There isn't really a big difference in the pvp aspect of the game for those with monster stats and those with low stats. There's always someone you can beat, there's always someone that can beat you. So the "being competitive" argument flies out the window on that fact alone. It's all about who wants to spend more to "win", although nobody really wins at all.

sister morphine
02-22-2015, 12:46 AM
There isn't really a big difference in the pvp aspect of the game for those with monster stats and those with low stats. There's always someone you can beat, there's always someone that can beat you. So the "being competitive" argument flies out the window on that fact alone. It's all about who wants to spend more to "win", although nobody really wins at all.
Then eventually the strongest players get sucked into wanting immunity from robs or attacks. That's an even more futile moneysuck. :)

IronM@n
02-22-2015, 04:52 AM
Makes me laugh that T10 players are now complaining.

The way the game has gone and currently is is completely your fault and down to T10 alone.

They increased the events per cycle and the duration of these and you kept spending. Gree don't give a **** about anyone outside T10 because we're not supplying them with their main revenue. You can't complain as if I was head of Gree that's what I would have done as most businesses are profit orientated, especially gaming ones.

The irony of most T10 teams having jump rooms for RB and the rest helping them finish it was laughable really.

TZora
02-22-2015, 07:35 AM
the real question isn't about 3 days or 5 days or 7 days .. it's about time, syndicate and events. at a time, how many events do you really wish to play? 3 or 4 events running at the same time and now the war running 7 days. do u really think it's fun?

the problem is that you will have to play the event(s) or you are a burden on your syndicate. not fun if u ask me, i've already given up on most events and informed my syndicate that i cannot dedicate so much time to the game since it is not what i should be doing 24x7x365 .. oh dear, i'm again talking sense. it's not what u really get appreciated for, hey it's crimecity and greedy is the biggest dawg in the city :p

Winnson
02-22-2015, 10:31 AM
I will have to pace myself and will not be spending gold on this game again I don't think.

I spent a bit, but that's done.

I hope that answers your question.

Camper
02-22-2015, 01:02 PM
the real question isn't about 3 days or 5 days or 7 days .. it's about time, syndicate and events. at a time, how many events do you really wish to play? 3 or 4 events running at the same time and now the war running 7 days. do u really think it's fun?

the problem is that you will have to play the event(s) or you are a burden on your syndicate. not fun if u ask me, i've already given up on most events and informed my syndicate that i cannot dedicate so much time to the game since it is not what i should be doing 24x7x365 .. oh dear, i'm again talking sense. it's not what u really get appreciated for, hey it's crimecity and greedy is the biggest dawg in the city :p

Yep, too many events, event too long and War & SA should be on weekends, not week days. My game time is being reduced significantly as the fun continues to be reduced to nothing. Greedy, you need to listen to your customers, high and low rollers.

lordsagacity
02-22-2015, 01:57 PM

This game was a burden since the introduction of syndicate. At that time, there was a syndicate battle every three weeks and a pvp leaderboard event in between. Only one weekend off every three weeks until SLTQ was included to occupy it several months later. The intensity of events didn't increase afterward, but the greediness increased a lot. There were only 40% off only during thanksgiving 2-3 years ago but now almost every month. I do see Gree's effort of money grasping. But the interesting part is the more effort they put, the less money they grasp.

Weasel
02-22-2015, 02:03 PM
But the interesting part is the more effort they put, the less money they grasp.

That's because GREE consistently fails at one of the key philosophies of innovation.

Keep
It
Simple,
Stupid!

ploop
02-22-2015, 05:45 PM
It's horrible.

HavingFun
03-02-2015, 12:59 AM

How did your hypothesis pan out?

cc thunder
03-02-2015, 04:02 AM
Unfortunately Crime City's becoming more like a second job and creating a financial burden to those who are unable to monitor or controll their expenditures in the heat of the moment or peer pressure.

bingo! I have semi retired for the second time again, the first time was extended. I've gotten sick of the constant overlapping events. It's the overlapping more than anything that kills this game for me. It's literally like a job to keep up with crime city and if you don't attempt you just slide backwards. So no, an extended period of time does not make it more enjoyable for me personally. It's a frantic pace which has become more monotonous than entertaining for me