PDA

View Full Version : epic chests = epic turds

Crypt Keepers
02-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Only 1 new duel epic since all seeing aegis...Whatta joke...

roookey1
02-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Indeed, top 10 war strippers are rewarded with a flood of new good epics, the rest of the players ...well, can save money.

I'm not that much into trying to get epics from chests anymore anyway, as they bascially spam my armory with outdated pseudo-epics or 3rd or 4th versions of epics I already have ... and since fusing those only converts them to legendary crap, I can safely use my hard-earned money for other things without a feeling of missing anything.

MisterT
02-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Indeed, top 10 war strippers are rewarded with a flood of new good epics, the rest of the players ...well, can save money.

I'm not that much into trying to get epics from chests anymore anyway, as they bascially spam my armory with outdated pseudo-epics or 3rd or 4th versions of epics I already have ... and since fusing those only converts them to legendary crap, I can safely use my hard-earned money for other things without a feeling of missing anything.

I don't get it why you still play the game, all you do is complain.

Street Shark
02-20-2015, 08:54 PM
well said haha

zhaneel
02-20-2015, 09:59 PM
in a months time we can enjoy a new crystal fire epic with better stats than the regular version of this epic.....

roookey1
02-21-2015, 02:14 AM
all you do is complain.
if that's directed at me, don't take me too serious. ;)

That aside, my post only contains facts. :rolleyes: What I like in the game and why I'm still in if that's so hard to figure out after all my posts are Raids, Arena, EB battles, Heroic Mode and the guilds, which are actually most parts of the game. With all of those, effort pays off to a good extent.
The 3 aspects I strongly dislike as they are now are the ones where the typical player constantly gets slapped in the face: wars, opening chests and fusing epics. 'Un-rewards' for investing time on them (unless buying a T10 rank for a pile of cash) w/ the first, feeling punished for having spent gems(money) on them w/ the latter.

geo81
02-21-2015, 03:08 AM
How is fusing epics a slap in the face? I have around 30 epics, never spent a dime on one btw, and around 25 were fused...

If you want to enjoy this game and get the same rewards as the big spenders, you must play it the way I do. Save, and don't spend gems at all (until the times right)
I've saved over 6000 free gems (no video glitches) since the past summer. Several t10 runs, countless t25. It's super fun getting elite gear for absolutely no money. Just takes high activity in every aspect of the game and the willpower to never spend gems in anything until it's time.

roookey1
02-21-2015, 11:06 AM
not fusing epics. :D

fusing 2 epics => downgrade to legendary by far most of the time.

A downgrade doesn't hurt with 'free'/crafted armor, but with one you bought in chests (for which usually, a serious amount of money was involved) it indeed feels like a slap in the face, having turned 2 of such epics into 1 crappy legendary.

Fusing 2 identical levels of armor should result in at least the same level most of the time, with a good chance to turn 2 identical/similar epics into a plus version.

Ju Nation
02-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Gosh... And the whining continues :(

Phill - Immortal GM
02-21-2015, 08:26 PM
not fusing epics. :D

fusing 2 epics => downgrade to legendary by far most of the time.

A downgrade doesn't hurt with 'free'/crafted armor, but with one you bought in chests (for which usually, a serious amount of money was involved) it indeed feels like a slap in the face, having turned 2 of such epics into 1 crappy legendary.

Fusing 2 identical levels of armor should result in at least the same level most of the time, with a good chance to turn 2 identical/similar epics into a plus version.

Buying chests, you know it's a gamble. So the cash aspect should and will always be irrelevant in regards to Fusion.

Fusion of Epics.. Well, I generally agree with you. Not that we should fuse Plus Epics. Too OP. However, maybe a 50/50 chance if fusing 2 Epics would make sense.
I have fused approx. 30 times using epics (so 60 Epic Armors) and I have refused One Epic with those.
So 1/30 instead of 15/30, I do see where you are coming from.
Overall, okay suggestion but the Plus Epic one is terrible. Would cause an imbalance.

Cheers;
~ Phill

Ant venom
02-22-2015, 07:14 AM
Buying chests, you know it's a gamble. So the cash aspect should and will always be irrelevant in regards to Fusion.

Fusion of Epics.. Well, I generally agree with you. Not that we should fuse Plus Epics. Too OP. However, maybe a 50/50 chance if fusing 2 Epics would make sense.
I have fused approx. 30 times using epics (so 60 Epic Armors) and I have refused One Epic with those.
So 1/30 instead of 15/30, I do see where you are coming from.

Overall, okay suggestion but the Plus Epic one is terrible. Would cause an imbalance.
Cheers;
~ Phill
How is it an imbalance if primordial hide is the most recent epic made fusible, I mean the plus version of it isn't even stronger than some of the plus versions of its predecessors Phill.
Cheers;
~ Ant venom

Fossil
02-22-2015, 07:20 AM
I see not problem with the ability to fuse a + epic. Phil, I do not understand your reference to an "imbalance" as possessing a + epic means nothing. T10 and T25 will remain the same as always, those with the best support and gems to spend will get their spot.

Ant venom
02-22-2015, 05:36 PM
I see not problem with the ability to fuse a + epic. Phil, I do not understand your reference to an "imbalance" as possessing a + epic means nothing.
T10 and T25 will remain the same as
always, those with the best support
and gems to spend will get their spot.

Exactly fossil, +1, I mean if Phill thinks fusing a moontide plus is called imbalance, I am afraid that epic boss armors and epic boss + armors should not be allowed too and should be called an imbalance too as they are stronger than much of the + epics(like moontide, forgestone, etc.).

Lord P
02-23-2015, 06:03 AM
Epic + Epic fusion odds needs to increase...... more inline with how things are going with fusing jewelry, either sideways or up. I'd like to see plus version armors become fusible but only for first tier. I wouldn't expect to see second tier any time soon because Gree is still making money off people willing to buy them or gem in tournaments for them.

Phill - Immortal GM
02-23-2015, 06:50 AM
Exactly fossil, +1, I mean if Phill thinks fusing a moonrise plus is called imbalance, I am afraid that epic boss armors and epic boss + armors should not be allowed too and should be called an imbalance too as it they are stronger than much of the + epics(like moontide, forgestone, etc.).

What is a Moonrise?
Also, your other reference to Primordial. This is a mono.
If things such as (Don't boo me for releasing this to you before it happens) Tactician+, Ashenfire+ and [soon] Glacial+ are fusible, this DOES cause an imbalance because the balance it creates disturbs the F2PvP2P gap. If you want those recent + you can go spend like others do.

I don't mind making the + fusible after a given time, but if all fusible regular epics could be obtained in their + version it would make chests useless, as a few weeks ago it barely took 10 weeks to see chest epics fusible.

Instead of strongly advocating your playing style you should apply logic.

Ant venom
02-23-2015, 02:19 PM
What is a Moonrise?
Also, your other reference to Primordial. This is a mono.
If things such as (Don't boo me for releasing this to you before it happens) Tactician+, Ashenfire+ and [soon] Glacial+ are fusible, this DOES cause an imbalance because the balance it creates disturbs the F2PvP2P gap. If you want those recent + you can go spend like others do.

I don't mind making the + fusible after a given time, but if all fusible regular epics could be obtained in their + version it would make chests useless, as a few weeks ago it barely took 10 weeks to see chest epics fusible.

Instead of strongly advocating your playing style you should apply logic.

Phill how much wider do u want that gap to be? It is already wide enough and free players dont alwaysmneed to spend $100 a weekend to get those snazzy pixels called epics so free gems should also be considered imbalance but did GREE prohibit it? No they didnt so before u worry about this gap worry about the other gap.

Phill - Immortal GM
02-24-2015, 04:01 AM
Phill how much wider do u want that gap to be? It is already wide enough and free players dont alwaysmneed to spend $100 a weekend to get those snazzy pixels called epics so free gems should also be considered imbalance but did GREE prohibit it? No they didnt so before u worry about this gap worry about the other gap.

A structured response would have been better.
Anyway, the gap is not too big to be considered unfair yet.
Free Gems are awesome and if you save up for a while you can do Top 10 runs just on those free gems, despite the locks placed by now.

Enjoy the new fusible epics, there was a new armory pack added last night ;)..
Also, stop comparing A to B and B to C, compare A to a and B to b, would help you understand what is happening and what is actually being claimed.