PDA

View Full Version : Connection problem - cannot start game unless on wi-fi

-ilh-
02-19-2015, 05:26 AM
As the topic says for the past few days I have been unable to start the game when using cellular data. Other apps (fb/twitter/other games) all work fine but modern war isn't interested in even trying. I start the game and it comes up with 'connecting to server...' in the bottom left for about 2 seconds and then I get a white notification that reads:

'Cannot connect to server. You must have access to the internet to use this application.'

...which I do. I have tried force closing the app, putting the phone into flight mode for 30 seconds and then letting it reconnect and I even deleted/reinstalled the app last night to no avail. I am using iOS and am in the UK if that helps and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed since Monday when it was working fine...

But, if I am connected to wifi everything loads fine :/

Any suggestions?

Cannot Connect To Server
02-19-2015, 06:52 AM
i dont hv wifi only carrier andi hv data but also get many game errors trying to start it.

i start and keep tap the splash screen if it starts ok if i get error i either click try again or exit mw splash clear apps clear cache reset network by turn off network turn on again go to a webpage if it loads fast or slow i know if im connected to a btr whatever on my carrier as my network is complete crap.

but as said if i get the error to try i kp tap the screen wether its actually doing anything i dont rly know but when ido it does seem to start the game more often. i dont know if clearing cache helps either but when i do game stays up longer than usual as game force closes a lot.

u cld try having a low download going so data is being used and then mw may tag on it or also gv error of no data ive tried a lot of things even making 2 hour phone calls just to start and hit on ltqs. i know i hv crap network but i also do believe gree hv major issues and mw sucks so much data loading the base and starting and any new data etc.
i just do believe its them too. as i know i hv data i test it constantly. sorry im hvn probs typing this forum centres off screen and im constant hvn to exit and move to see what i type.

Cannot Connect To Server
02-19-2015, 07:05 AM
gree need to make a low data version of the game and a notification of new data and ask u if u want to dl it rather than it do it and slow the games start or response down or not be able to do ltqs cos of data and other things.

i dont thk its ur network even if ur netwirk is slow its gree its the game it just sucks too much to start and use it.

and i also found out even tho when we install the game is on our devices but when we load its loading off gree and data like frontline is stored somewhr not on the device or sd like in memory as i cant explain but i know in my game its either loading from gree or accessing sonething else before checking my settings. hard to explain.

try complaining to gree and see if they.bother to gv a reason.sorry i dont know what to say right now.

p.s. This is why i chose this user name!!

lol cos i Cannot Connect To Server Gree!!!!!

KCjamss
02-19-2015, 09:23 AM
I have found a way on IOS to help. Turn wifi off to log on then while in game turn it back on. It has worked for me. Hope it helps.

1brent1
02-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Errh! starting today I can only connect using my cellular data. I'm unable to connect using my wifi :( get a message saying I must be connected to the Internet.
but I can connect just fine to other apps. My wifi is also much faster then my cellular.

DieselPowered
02-19-2015, 09:39 AM
I used to have a similar issue in my android. In a bad cellular zone it would take forever to load (if at all) even though i had an internet connection because Palringo, Line, and Groupme were working just fine. For me, the fix to get the game to load was to log off of all apps and then try to load MW. All of the different apps were using up the bandwidth and MW was unable to connect. You would be surprised at how many apps stay open and constantly connected. Also when I would bounce from wifi to cell to wifi to a different wifi.... MW would stop connecting to the server. my fix for that was to turn off wifi and only use my cell signal.

I hope this helps you as much as it did me.

Annihilator2
02-19-2015, 12:21 PM
New present to WD from Gree
It seems that Gree made some "performance improvement" on servers :)

-ilh-
02-20-2015, 06:37 AM
Thanks for all of the advice. I have tried closing all apps and it still won't start. And as much as my reception can be a bit ropey at work it is not working when out of work at lunch or when I am at home (a good 4 miles from work).