PDA

View Full Version : Why epic boss is interesting again

Greasy
02-19-2015, 03:51 AM
I know haters gonna hate, but I still want to express my view in this cycles epic boss.
Maybe a year, 6 months ago, this was my fav event in the game. It provided me with a reasonable challenge, the last boss always needed around 15-20 hits, and in order to get it done I had to set my alarm clock for every 1/4-regen+1 minute to maximize my hits.
Sometime along the way things have changed drastically.
The last 5 or so epic bosses it only require 1 free hit all the way through. Or maybe it was 2 or 3 hits. I don't remember. But this event has become a joke for me. No more challenge, just mindless call and tap for 150 times. I lost interest in this event.

This time thou, I have to say, the new HP brought back the challenge I was long hoping for.
I need to time to attack again. I honestly like it.
After 4 days of regen and hardworking, I finally beat the final 150 boss for 15 cash hits.

This is a reasonable challenge for mid level players. Still gold free. And few hundred gold for low stats players. If I can vote, I would even make it just a tad harder, so everyone can feel a little adrenaline.

P.S. I'm level 197 with 10B att. Top 100 faction.

J1mcrane
02-19-2015, 04:34 AM
The thing is I just don't get this event! It gives you a prize for being able to endure the monotonous 150 times of torture. I like the fact that some people find it interesting again, I mean if we were all the same the world would be a very boring place, however this event is a non event for me. Just by hiking up the strength of the bosses is not going to regain my interest, there is no tactical requirement, no real thought or strategy! Not like events such as......erm......errrrrrr???
Damn! Hold on.......Frontline!! Phew... Yeah that one!! I love Frontline, it's tactical and real teamwork is required, if Gree were to put a little effort into creating of reinventing some proper tactical, thought provoking and real strategic events, this game could be great again. Don't think I don't like it because I do, I love the community and people I fight with, but must admit I'm beginning to tire of trying to find the fun in a poorly run game, whose main strategy is trying to find a strategy.

GGG
02-19-2015, 04:41 AM
I have to agree. One free hit all the way to 150 was kind of a bore.
Thanks for the challenge GREE.

Dave Gould
02-19-2015, 04:43 AM
I know haters gonna hate, but I still want to express my view in this cycles epic boss.
Maybe a year, 6 months ago, this was my fav event in the game. It provided me with a reasonable challenge, the last boss always needed around 15-20 hits, and in order to get it done I had to set my alarm clock for every 1/4-regen+1 minute to maximize my hits.
The last 5 or so epic bosses it only require 1 free hit all the way through. Or maybe it was 2 or 3 hits. I don't remember. But this event has become a joke for me. No more challenge, just mindless call and tap for 150 times. I lost interest in this event.

This time thou, I have to say, the new HP brought back the challenge I was long hoping for.
After 4 days of regen and hardworking, I finally beat the final 150 boss for 15 cash hits.

This is a reasonable challenge for mid level players. Still gold free. And few hundred gold for low stats players. If I can vote, I would even make it just a tad harder, so everyone can feel a little adrenaline.

i agree, it is better now that's harder. I could only get to 115 this time round but the units even at that level are really decent so it's good.

FL is clearly the best event in this game for the reasons stated in teh second post but it's nice to have a mix of events and epic boss is much improved!

LCDR2012
02-19-2015, 11:36 AM
I disagree, I can't get past 40 to 50 without gold. Never have been and I'm active 24/7 and use some gold for key events but because I stayed with my first faction who has never been able to make the top 1000 I pay the price. I see now that's the difference. I know that of the 40 members of my faction none can make it either because I'm one of he strongest. I play with a strong syndicate in CS and I can always get to 100 with some work.

thunder
02-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Don't talk unless you are level 300. Than u will see how hard it is. Gree hates level 300 players

Annihilator2
02-19-2015, 12:43 PM
I disagree, I can't get past 40 to 50 without gold. Never have been and I'm active 24/7 and use some gold for key events but because I stayed with my first faction who has never been able to make the top 1000 I pay the price. I see now that's the difference. I know that of the 40 members of my faction none can make it either because I'm one of he strongest. I play with a strong syndicate in CS and I can always get to 100 with some work.

You shall put gold in this game: or in LTQs and other events to be strong, or in the epic boss event if you weak but want to kill 150.

What's new?

Kefa
02-19-2015, 01:12 PM

You're right - I actually agree, but the glitches made it unpleasant for me. The fact that you can't see the boss's remaining health after each hit, and the daily faction goals having been screwed up, along with the non-functioning bonus unit - If they can fix that and keep the HP proportionate to our strength increase per cycle, it will be a fun event like it was in the past.

GGG
02-19-2015, 05:00 PM
Finished Monday morning. Lvl 179 - atk 11.1b - 6 cash hits.
Been playing over 3 years, cash free. Haven't spent a single cent.
Camping like a mofo.

Tony81
02-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Finished Monday morning. Lvl 179 - atk 11.1b - 6 cash hits.
Been playing over 3 years, cash free. Haven't spent a single cent.
Camping like a mofo.

Your faction must love you. Congrats.

Bonanza
02-19-2015, 05:15 PM
Definitely keep the Epic Boss event. The harder you work the further you go.
Definite improvement this time, not just the higher boss health. We could keep hitting bosses, without stopping. Part of the frustration with past epic boss events was hitting the faction goal each day and having to stop until the next day

GGG
02-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Your faction must love you. Congrats.

My faction loves me. I'm highly active and make all mins.

You can stay low level and be very active. Just have to play smart. I don't attack or raid either, so that helps.

Thief
02-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Don't talk unless you are level 300. Than u will see how hard it is. Gree hates level 300 players

Sadly its always been this and i even started calling the "300" tier the "Gree Hate you tier"

Greasy
02-19-2015, 10:25 PM
My faction loves me. I'm highly active and make all mins.

You can stay low level and be very active. Just have to play smart. I don't attack or raid either, so that helps.

Same here. Don't ever raid or PvP.

Stumps
02-20-2015, 12:41 AM
Same here. Don't ever raid or PvP.

Neither do i, but ltq makes you lvl.

WRT boss, yeah i liked it, but prefer the kill 50 boss days.