PDA

View Full Version : February's Epic Boss

Relic
02-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone,

You might have noticed that this month's Epic Boss has been removed from the event schedule. It has not been cancelled; it has been pushed back. Keep an eye on the event schedule for updates.

Thank you!

HavingFun
02-18-2015, 12:37 PM
Hey everyone,

You might have noticed that this month's Epic Boss has been removed from the event schedule. It has not been cancelled; it has been pushed back. Keep an eye on the event schedule for updates.

Thank you!

TL;DR
Extras

spiderman
02-18-2015, 12:55 PM
Hi Relic,

Anymore information about the Epic Boss?
1. Still 100 Bosses?
2. Health increases?
3. Days to beat boss, staying the same?

Thanks

Relic
02-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Hi Relic,

Anymore information about the Epic Boss?
1. Still 100 Bosses?
2. Health increases?
3. Days to beat boss, staying the same?

Thanks

I don't have any additional information right now, but I'll post here if I do.

Evan1000
02-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Spiderman, to answer your third question, it changes every event, it can vary from 6 to 3 days, which is pretty annoying. It was 6 days for a reason, 10% syn goal modifier and an extra if you miss one.

If you want to shrink the event duration add speed goals, those were awesome and would be cool to see them back

spiderman
02-18-2015, 02:01 PM
Spiderman, to answer your third question, it changes every event, it can vary from 6 to 3 days, which is pretty annoying. It was 6 days for a reason, 10% syn goal modifier and an extra if you miss one.

If you want to shrink the event duration add speed goals, those were awesome and would be cool to see them back

Thanks mate. Indeed, I forgot about that part of Epic Boss. Would be nice to see it again. Happy gaming mate.

aarondavidsdad
02-18-2015, 06:06 PM
I fully expect the developer to screw the pooch on the epic boss, as they have done with raid boss and other events lately. If you want to see what a FUBAR epic boss event looks like take a gander at modern war. Not looking forward to the "exciting" epic boss event.

Sandukan
02-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Epic boss has been killed in KA and MW. Instead of incrimental increase in boss health to match stat inflation they've opted for the big wallop increase in both those other games. They skipped a cycle becsuse they needed the extra time to bioengineer the boss super strength.

I love tacos
02-18-2015, 07:45 PM
I don't have any additional information right now, but I'll post here if I do.That's what 1Shot should have said instead of giving out misinformation about Raid Boss. Who has closed more threads between you two?

plavine
02-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Epic boss has been killed in KA and MW. Instead of incrimental increase in boss health to match stat inflation they've opted for the big wallop increase in both those other games. They skipped a cycle becsuse they needed the extra time to bioengineer the boss super strength.

MW was worse for me . Last epic boss I got to level 70 only using free hits , this boss I'm on level 23 and it takes me 12 hits .

Weasel
02-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Relic said this thread was stickied. Forgot/couldn't be bothered to take 10 seconds, or lied. Either way, it's a glaring example of how often and easily Gree will say one thing and do another.

Relic
02-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Relic said this thread was stickied. Forgot/couldn't be bothered to take 10 seconds, or lied. Either way, it's a glaring example of how often and easily Gree will say one thing and do another.

...or it's an honest mistake because I'm human.

spiderman
02-19-2015, 01:16 PM
...or it's an honest mistake because I'm human.

Relic, Thanks. No issues here, mate. Keep the updates coming, if and when they are made available to send out. Happy gaming mate.

sister morphine
02-19-2015, 02:36 PM
MW was worse for me . Last epic boss I got to level 70 only using free hits , this boss I'm on level 23 and it takes me 12 hits .
That's what sucks. Last time in MW I could go right through to 150 with just one hit - free or cash, this time it took 15 cash hits to knock down 150th. At least I could still finish though.

Gree said on the MW forum that participation in epic boss was on the low side. A massive health boost is hardly the way to encourage players who aren't doing the event to get in there. Rather, they've decided to write them (and other lower stat players) off and squeeze the rest for cash. A bit like when 250s got crunched here.

Sandukan
02-19-2015, 03:30 PM
I don't know why GREE needs any more feedback. They have at least 3 game platforms that they have implemented the same changes. Do they think that the outrage and reduced participation experienced with KA and MW would be different in CC? Its not like they didn't stagger the rollouts so could see the problems before they hot to CC. Stupid is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.
Did they need to implement the accomplices in CC after what happened on the other platforms?

Bottomline is they made a financial decision. Get more from a section while marginalizing the rest. Not sure if that strategy will work but they doubled down on that. My impression, by looking at the top earning apps, is that their revenue is based on a very broad base of support. Time will tell if this strategy works for GREE.

Mrs Cash
02-23-2015, 12:54 PM

If this Epic Boss has the same absurd health demands as the last one in Modern War, I will not be participating. I got up to Level 40 before I gave up, which took about 9 cash attacks (don't remember...was too pissed). I refuse to waste gold to complete a boss, and obviously I am in the group that Gree doesn't want to deal with.

willis3
02-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Epic boss for feb has been pushed back... We are on 23rd feb, mid7 day war, box event and ltq. When in feb does gree think we will have time for epic boss?

This feb epic boss is cancelled and not pushed back surely?
Please tell your paying customers the truth or don't say anything at all.

Oh_TheHorror
02-26-2015, 06:00 PM
That's what I've been preaching for a while now. Just be honest. Don't tell us to keep a lookout on the globe for EB. You don't have one. You never had one. Just come clean about it.

willis3
02-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Hey everyone,

Thank you!

26th feb.... You lied... Not pushed back at all!!! Cancelled!!

spiderman
02-26-2015, 08:38 PM
26th feb.... You lied... Not pushed back at all!!! Cancelled!!

There is still time, mate. Feb 28th is the last day of the month. Happy gaming mate.

t12pm
02-26-2015, 11:38 PM
no use worrying about it, when it does show you will wish it didn't lol saw raid boss didn't you

Winnson
02-27-2015, 05:21 AM
I look forward to finding out how you have ruined it.

Oh_TheHorror
02-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Epic Boss starts tomorrow, which is March 1st. Like most of us thought, there was no Epic Boss in February. We were let down once again. I also expect the health to be raised astronomically. I think the number of people who will finish will be minimal.

spiderman
02-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Epic Boss starts tomorrow, which is March 1st. Like most of us thought, there was no Epic Boss in February. We were let down once again. I also expect the health to be raised astronomically. I think the number of people who will finish will be minimal.

We shall see mate. Happy gaming mate. Crime City rolls onward.

Oh_TheHorror
02-28-2015, 04:12 PM
We shall see? It's 7 PM on the east coast of the U.S. on the last day of February! There is no February Epic Boss, mate. We were lied to, mate. The Kool-Aid keeps pouring, mate. Please develop a spine sometime, mate.

!Radar
02-28-2015, 06:38 PM
It's the boss from that contest thing.

Winnson
02-28-2015, 10:06 PM
They didn't say what year.

Weasel
03-06-2015, 10:18 PM
Hey everyone,

Thank you!

Yeah, February's Epic Boss was cancelled.

For future reference:

cancel [kan-suh l]

verb (used with object), canceled, canceling or (especially British) cancelled, cancelling.

1. to make void; revoke; annul:
to cancel a reservation.

2. to decide or announce that a planned event will not take place; call off:
to cancel a meeting.

Oh_TheHorror
03-09-2015, 01:15 AM
And you noticed that no one has admitted they were wrong about this. It's basic stuff, guys. Be honest with us. If something doesn't come to fruition after you claim that it will, just apologize. Just act like basic human beings. Apologize when you screw up. Pretend to give a damn. You really would get some credibility back with us if you'd just acknowledged your mistakes and apologized.