PDA

View Full Version : About buying gold

RedWolf1
02-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Hello Crime City community! This is my first post and I've only a few things to ask

Are the maverick bundle/bundle packs worth the money?

Is it worth buying gold in this game?

Are there any items that are simply a waste of money?

-Thank you very much for your time Crime City community :D

Killer p
02-18-2015, 12:50 PM
Depends where you wanna rank, or how hardcore you wanna play! the question really isnt is it worth it its more like do i need to?
if you wanna be in top 10 syndicates you have to spend 100's dollars per month, top 50 10's of dollars, top 100 you can be there with 5-10 dollars a month or if you are REALLY active! i dont think buying items is worth it, just short term cause long term you get better items from farming!

spiderman
02-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Depends where you wanna rank, or how hardcore you wanna play! the question really isnt is it worth it its more like do i need to?
if you wanna be in top 10 syndicates you have to spend 100's dollars per month, top 50 10's of dollars, top 100 you can be there with 5-10 dollars a month or if you are REALLY active! i dont think buying items is worth it, just short term cause long term you get better items from farming!

Ditto mate. Spend as you please and can afford to, as long as your happy doing so. That's all that really matters in the end. Happy gaming mate.

Vile Lynn
02-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Get into the Gold Buying Bonus Program (or whatever it is called.)

I don't know the details but many here do.

Oasis
02-19-2015, 01:10 PM

Once you start..... You can't stop!! It's an addiction

sister morphine
02-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Get into the Gold Buying Bonus Program (or whatever it is called.)

I don't know the details but many here do.
Last time I heard you needed to spend at least $500 in a month to qualify.

Garland Greene
02-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Once you start..... You can't stop!! It's an addiction

You can say that again. When I first started playing 3 years ago or so I was a totally free player, slowly after time i started buying a stockpile of gold during the 20% off deals, less than $20 a month. Now I spend $40-80 a month on gold easy.

Evan1000
02-19-2015, 04:02 PM
Don't buy gold. Simple. Use tapjoy ;)

The Hammr
02-19-2015, 06:30 PM
You can say that again. When I first started playing 3 years ago or so I was a totally free player, slowly after time i started buying a stockpile of gold during the 20% off deals, less than $20 a month. Now I spend $40-80 a month on gold easy.
That's about my gold buying habit. However, this last stunt with the raid boss difficulty and the upcoming 7 day war, both intended to try and separate us from more of our cash, has me keeping my money in my pocket out of protest.

bevsxrs
02-19-2015, 08:19 PM
i buy some gold from time to time...not a lot..can't really afford it, certainly comes in handy and give you the boost you need. been getting lucky with the videos for gold lately.:)

bevsxrs
02-19-2015, 08:19 PM
i buy some gold from time to time...not a lot..can't really afford it, certainly comes in handy and give you the boost you need. been getting lucky with the videos for gold lately.:)

honestly didn't buy any this week!

HavingFun
03-02-2015, 12:58 AM
Hello Crime City community! This is my first post and I've only a few things to ask

Are the maverick bundle/bundle packs worth the money?

Are there any items that are simply a waste of money?

-Thank you very much for your time Crime City community :D

Buy gold then buy some more and repeat.

TheWarthog
03-02-2015, 07:18 AM
Short answer...say no to gold.

Longer answer...gree tends to change the "rules" occasionally that render gains from gold purchases obsolete. So, say no to gold.

I won't buy gold again unless they run another 40% off sale. If I can't make it as a free/cheap player, I simply wont play anymore.

But I've spent way too much on this game.

TheWarthog
03-02-2015, 07:41 AM
One other point...THAT they are offering a sale almost continually illustrates that they reported a loss in the last quarter, most likely due to customer dissatisfaction, specifically the gold spending crowd. So..draw from that what you would like. It seems to be the desperation move of a panicked company watching the waters stir in the start of a counterclockwise vortex, gaining speed as it floats helplessly toward the drain.

My concern is having the game fold while I'm sitting on a vault of gold.

Not buying any more.

1Shot
03-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Over the 7 day war, the bundle pack for $99.99 was worth it that came with 1700 gold, war refills, decent items, and some other extras. It's really what you prefer though, if you just want gold then I would just purchase straight up gold.

spiderman
03-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Over the 7 day war, the bundle pack for $99.99 was worth it that came with 1700 gold, war refills, decent items, and some other extras. It's really what you prefer though, if you just want gold then I would just purchase straight up gold.

Indeed mate, this was a real stat booster and you got gold as well. Really a good deal of items. Happy gaming mate.

Sandukan
03-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Buy gold to increase stats....if you want.
You really don't need to increase stats since all that changes is who poulates your rival list.

Max Power
03-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Buy gold to increase stats....if you want.
You really don't need to increase stats since all that changes is who poulates your rival list.

This. Increasing stats just changes your roll call. There is no real point to it.