PDA

View Full Version : EPIC BOSS from 2 FREE hits to 6 $$$ hits in 3 boss kills! FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE!!!

Flidai
02-18-2015, 11:01 AM
:mad::mad::mad:

I'm so angry, I understand that the first players through Epic Boss flew through to level 150....

Why shouldn't the experience be the same for me too? Why shouldn't we be able to receive the same reward for the same effort.

It's not okay, I'm playing the same game and my attack is like 3 times higher than the players I know who flew through this event! Their level is almost the same.

At level 100 I was on 2 FREE HITS, seemed about right as my attack is 15.8 Billion...
Then by level 103 I hit it 5 Forceful $$$ hits and it was showing zero boss health loss. I had to hit it with 6 $$$ hits to take it down....

So I'm looking at 47 more bosses using 25 gold? Or 47 more bosses using health regeneration so it will take like 90 minutes each? What happens when it gets even tougher?

I'm level 258, Alliance Attack is 15.8 Billion, Alliance Defense is 8.2 Billion.

Web323
02-18-2015, 11:07 AM

I'm so angry, I understand that the first players through Epic Boss flew through to level 150....

Why shouldn't the experience be the same for me too? Why shouldn't we be able to receive the same reward for the same effort.

It's not okay, I'm playing the same game and my attack is like 3 times higher than the players I know who flew through this event! Their level is almost the same.

At level 100 I was on 2 FREE HITS, seemed about right as my attack is 15.8 Billion...
Then by level 103 I hit it 5 Forceful $$$ hits and it was showing zero boss health loss. I had to hit it with 6 $$$ hits to take it down....

So I'm looking at 47 more bosses using 25 gold? Or 47 more bosses using health regeneration so it will take like 90 minutes each? What happens when it gets even tougher?

I'm level 258, Alliance Attack is 15.8 Billion, Alliance Defense is 8.2 Billion.

Level 150 will take you close to 20 cash hits to kill

Kefa
02-18-2015, 11:20 AM

If you are able to kill boss level 103 with 6 force attacks, it is going far easier for you than it is for 99.5% of players.

Campy McCamperpants
02-18-2015, 11:23 AM
I beat 150 with 3 cash hits on my mini, my main is on 6 cash hits to beat 128.

Main level 200 5.8B
Mini level 39 24.1M (stats after beating 150)

Gato
02-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Could someone at Gree please comment on this.

Veccster
02-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Could someone at Gree please comment on this.

Good luck with that...

lemonhaze
02-18-2015, 12:32 PM
im on boss 139 and its taking me 12 cash hits so far and still not down..i have no ideal how much health he has bc the health bar dont move..

webdmaximus
02-18-2015, 12:45 PM
im on boss 139 and its taking me 12 cash hits so far and still not down..i have no ideal how much health he has bc the health bar dont move..

On my boss kills the Cash hit and the free hit were the same almost
Boss 150 for me was 6 free hits. Or. 4 cash hits.
Something's not working and why are we surprised

Pidgeot
02-18-2015, 12:54 PM
This is the reason I dont spend on this game anymore. I recently beat boss 150 though. Such a pain...

truthteller
02-18-2015, 12:58 PM
level 300 here 13b stats, gave up on boss 102, after 2 hours and 25 hits, boss still standing, was not gona waste GOLD nor Health packs to kill it, since to make it to 150 would be at least a couple of Vaults

dan2407
02-18-2015, 01:04 PM
Whiners on a whine

truthteller
02-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Whiners on a whine

Trolls on their trolling :p

Rolinz
02-18-2015, 01:14 PM
I am level 300 58B attack and taking me 11 cash hits on boss level 122.

From one of the Community Manager's posting in another thread, Epic Boss is working as it should be and they did raise the boss health, but did not specify as to how much.

Looks like GREEdy wants to get rid of Epic Boss and since most people wanted it back, they decided in their infinite wisdom to increase the boss health by some ridiculous amount so we would end up hating it.

Kefa
02-18-2015, 01:18 PM
I am level 300 58B attack and taking me 11 cash hits on boss level 122.

From one of the Community Manager's posting in another thread, Epic Boss is working as it should be and they did raise the boss health, but did not specify as to how much.

Looks like GREEdy wants to get rid of Epic Boss and since most people wanted it back, they decided in their infinite wisdom to increase the boss health by some ridiculous amount so we would end up hating it.

Sounds about right. Make us hate the parts of the game we used to love so they don't have to deal with it anymore and make the rest of the game so unstable and unpredictable that suddenly dewin nuttin looks very much more attractive.

Pidgeot
02-18-2015, 01:38 PM
On top of that, the prize for beating 150 bosses is not even good. 2% alliance attack.

Flidai
02-18-2015, 01:41 PM
level 300 here 13b stats, gave up on boss 102, after 2 hours and 25 hits, boss still standing, was not gona waste GOLD nor Health packs to kill it, since to make it to 150 would be at least a couple of Vaults

Come on GREE, there is something REALLY wrong with this! Plus there isn't any consistency! I know players over level 200 with 2-3B Alliance Attack and completed 150 Boss kills the first day without any degree of difficulty.... Why shouldn't everyone have the same experience. I understand it's supposed to be more difficult if you are a higher level and lower stats, but clearly that isn't what's going on here. Anything on day one, you are golden! However, it appears that unless completed this event the first day, you have a crap event.

PLEASE FIX THIS SO WE CAN COMPLETE THIS EVENT WITH EQUAL EFFORT AS DAY ONE PARTICIPANTS!

NexusImperium
02-18-2015, 01:42 PM
The epic boss obviously is stacked in favor of the campers in the game. Instead of factoring against people's levels, the epic boss should have health as a factor of a player's attack and rank.

kmg108
02-18-2015, 01:51 PM
The epic boss obviously is stacked in favor of the campers in the game. Instead of factoring against people's levels, the epic boss should have health as a factor of a player's attack and rank.

So true. They said before that the game never intended to have campers. It is also clear that they want everyone to participate in every event...which causes them to level up. All of this makes me wonder why a player's level should have anything to do with the difficulty of the boss. Aren't there other factors that could be considered instead of level? It just seems like there has to be an easy solution to this.

P.S. I'm someone who alread beat boss 150, so I'm not complaining that i can't do it as is.

Pidgeot
02-18-2015, 02:02 PM
So true. They said before that the game never intended to have campers. It is also clear that they want everyone to participate in every event...which causes them to level up. All of this makes me wonder why a player's level should have anything to do with the difficulty of the boss. Aren't there other factors that could be considered instead of level? It just seems like there has to be an easy solution to this.

P.S. I'm someone who alread beat boss 150, so I'm not complaining that i can't do it as is.

Its hard to make fair factors though. Level is bad because not everyone are of the same stats and rank is bad because some players dont even do PvP. I don't know, maybe epic boss is obsolete... It feels like boss health should be based on your attack range or maybe based on IPH for health but even that would be unbalanced. Maybe your damage can be your IPH.

Flidai
02-18-2015, 02:33 PM
What I understood was that epic boss was supposed to be tougher the higher your level in the game; conversely, it was supposed to be easier the higher your attack stats are... As you should be able to knock down more health because you have a higher Attack, more power to your punch....

East Coast Bias
02-18-2015, 06:01 PM
By now I'm sure you know I dislike most things about Gree as I don't find them to be a very ethical company. That said, I wld respond to the arguments being made here with the same as what was noted for masters RB. There seems to be an expectation that everyone should be able to finish 150 bosses easily, which is ridiculous. I can remember the days when we only had 100 bosses and I had to make a decision as to whether to spend some gold from boss 88 onwards to get to 100. To me, this should still be the same. If you have mediocre stats, getting to 100 should require gold. Beyond 100, it should be considered masters-ish, meaning unless you are in the top quartile of players, it should not be so easy that everyone finishes it with a few hits. There are trade offs in the game you need to consider. Some try to level up in hopes of greater valor units, but the downside is that your per hit in WDE suffers as you've also become a whale. EB was another event where being lower level had an advantage. It had gone away so it seemed like the only part of the game that being lower level was an advantage was in WDE but alas, not anymore. So other than the health meter not working, I don't have an issue with the event. But rather, I think people need to reset their expectations, or perhaps recall how the event used to be. Any bosses above 100 should be considerd creme on the top, and if you can get to 150, quite an achievement. In all seriousness, the only players who should finish 150 for free on a few hits should be those who have either camped well (but over camping won't give you the stats, only IPH) or those who have spent a lot to have billions of attack. The rest of the folks should expect the event to be tougher, and that the goal should be 100.

NexusImperium
02-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Its hard to make fair factors though. Level is bad because not everyone are of the same stats and rank is bad because some players dont even do PvP. I don't know, maybe epic boss is obsolete... It feels like boss health should be based on your attack range or maybe based on IPH for health but even that would be unbalanced. Maybe your damage can be your IPH.

Although I don't like it exactly as you've outlined your idea, I do like the idea of turning the Epic boss into another cash event. Many players don't invest in their base and having another IPH event would be a good incentive to do that. The upside is that there would eventually be better raid targets. At my level, 120, basically nobody has an IPH above $5M.

I would modify your idea by having each boss go down with 4 free hits, or 2 cash hits (or 1 gold hit). Each level the cash hits become more and more expensive, before level 150 requires, for example, $2B per hit.

lemonhaze
02-18-2015, 06:11 PM
By now I'm sure you know I dislike most things about Gree as I don't find them to be a very ethical company. That said, I wld respond to the arguments being made here with the same as what was noted for masters RB. There seems to be an expectation that everyone should be able to finish 150 bosses easily, which is ridiculous. I can remember the days when we only had 100 bosses and I had to make a decision as to whether to spend some gold from boss 88 onwards to get to 100. To me, this should still be the same. If you have mediocre stats, getting to 100 should require gold. Beyond 100, it should be considered masters-ish, meaning unless you are in the top quartile of players, it should not be so easy that everyone finishes it with a few hits. There are trade offs in the game you need to consider. Some try to level up in hopes of greater valor units, but the downside is that your per hit in WDE suffers as you've also become a whale. EB was another event where being lower level had an advantage. It had gone away so it seemed like the only part of the game that being lower level was an advantage was in WDE but alas, not anymore. So other than the health meter not working, I don't have an issue with the event. But rather, I think people need to reset their expectations, or perhaps recall how the event used to be. Any bosses above 100 should be considerd creme on the top, and if you can get to 150, quite an achievement. In all seriousness, the only players who should finish 150 for free on a few hits should be those who have either camped well (but over camping won't give you the stats, only IPH) or those who have spent a lot to have billions of attack. The rest of the folks should expect the event to be tougher, and that the goal should be 100.

i rememeber the days we had 35 and i couldnt get past 10 then..the longer u play the game and are loyal to it the worse gree hates u..i stopped spending a long time ago on this crap game..now i just chill out and get what i can free

2000y2k
02-18-2015, 06:21 PM
My guess is that epic boss will eventually become an equipment based event removing all Attack stats and level from the equation.

East Coast Bias
02-18-2015, 06:27 PM
Although I don't like it exactly as you've outlined your idea, I do like the idea of turning the Epic boss into another cash event. Many players don't invest in their base and having another IPH event would be a good incentive to do that. The upside is that there would eventually be better raid targets. At my level, 120, basically nobody has an IPH above $5M.

I would modify your idea by having each boss go down with 4 free hits, or 2 cash hits (or 1 gold hit). Each level the cash hits become more and more expensive, before level 150 requires, for example, $2B per hit.

You may want to hit the refresh button a few more times, I think a fifth of the lv120 players have an IPH of around $20m, and if you find me, I'm over $100m.

PRY
02-18-2015, 06:50 PM

took me 12 cash hits to kill 150, Im in same tier with 24 billion attack

crazeejay
02-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Just finished #98 and took 17 cash hits. Stopping at 100. What a joke!

Pidgeot
02-18-2015, 08:02 PM

I like that idea, like really like it. This would stop the need for extremely high boss health because right now, its extremely unplayable for most. Have bosses based on IPH is a great idea.

sister morphine
02-19-2015, 12:56 AM
I like that idea, like really like it. This would stop the need for extremely high boss health because right now, its extremely unplayable for most. Have bosses based on IPH is a great idea.
I can't see how that would be workable. Imagine having to use four free hits to take down boss #1. Even if you didn't sleep for the whole event it would take longer to finish than the time allowed - excepting those few players who can regenerate their health ultra-fast. Even using two cash hits would be the same.

There is a happy medium here. Players should be rewarded for being active and getting stronger, not punished. Even more so when it comes to levelling up which is the inevitable consequence of being active. Gree has said often enough that camping is a perverse way to play and yet they reward it with epic bosses. Back in the day the lower tiers received lesser prizes than higher tiers which went some way to countering the ease of completion. Maybe that should come back?

I loved that I could knock down boss #150 with one cash hit before, but ok, maybe that was too easy. But pumping up the health so it took me 15 hits this time is ridiculous too, and hardly the way to encourage lower stat players to do the event.

East Coast Bias
02-19-2015, 01:20 AM
I can't see how that would be workable. Imagine having to use four free hits to take down boss #1. Even if you didn't sleep for the whole event it would take longer to finish than the time allowed - excepting those few players who can regenerate their health ultra-fast. Even using two cash hits would be the same.

There is a happy medium here. Players should be rewarded for being active and getting stronger, not punished. Even more so when it comes to levelling up which is the inevitable consequence of being active. Gree has said often enough that camping is a perverse way to play and yet they reward it with epic bosses. Back in the day the lower tiers received lesser prizes than higher tiers which went some way to countering the ease of completion. Maybe that should come back?

I loved that I could knock down boss #150 with one cash hit before, but ok, maybe that was too easy. But pumping up the health so it took me 15 hits this time is ridiculous too, and hardly the way to encourage lower stat players to do the event.

Apologies if this sounds like I am picking on you, but your thinking that boss 150 taking 15 hits to complete is ridiculous is the problem. 15 hits means you should have been able to do it gold free. So being able to finish an event which should be challenging for free is ridiculous? Imagine if someone posted that they could ONLY finish the masters LTQ for free with only an hour to spare. Or finished the masters RB for free but needed all five days. Given you still can't one hit the boss means your not a big gold spender. People need to recalibrate their expectations. The problem with this forum is that so many of the complainers must be living on cloud 9.

Jesus Cristo.

brabus35
02-19-2015, 01:26 AM
I'm level 280. 25.5B Att and 14.5B def. Took me 13 cash hits for level 150. Cleared it in first day. But as mentioned above, I know of people in my own faction level 300 taken ridiculous amounts of hits for low 100 bosses. Just doesn't seem to have been set correctly. Another Gree cockup.

robbieb79
02-19-2015, 01:30 AM
149 just took 11 cash hits at 1.1m a hit.

Bongo
02-19-2015, 02:18 AM
Can't see the problem here...If you do boss 100 without gold that's all good...If you want to finish it all and your level is too high with weak stats, your either going to have to spend some gold or just don't do it ...no one is forcing you.
In fact save gold spending on boss and put it towards getting stronger in stats, move up to a better faction so you get better units, eventually you may also be able to beat boss 150.

CC1
02-19-2015, 04:44 AM
.... Looks like GREEdy wants to get rid of Epic Boss and since most people wanted it back, they decided in their infinite wisdom to increase the boss health by some ridiculous amount so we would end up hating it.

Amazing right? Dev Notes (the short-lived attempt at better communication) once replied they removed EB from the line-up because their numbers appeared like people didn't like it. After the rebuttals/complaints what did they do? They brought it back but changed it in a way most don't like. Who, that has a brain stem, does that? Gree logic at its best: "Let's resurrect an event WE believed to be unpopular and make it less popular". Self-fulfilling Prophesy. What a joke.

Dave Gould
02-19-2015, 04:50 AM
I read somewhere that epic boss health is linked to your level. So if you're level 300 it's harder to kill

Bongo
02-19-2015, 04:52 AM
It's always been linked to your level....

Cptcracka
02-19-2015, 05:14 AM
im lvl 210 25b attack finished 150 boss days ago 5 cash hits. Omg such a struggle.

You know you guys screw yourself more then gree screws everyone. you all cry on here about ridiculous things . Wahhhh we dont have enough folders. Gree puts out higher drop rates. Then wahhhh we,have to many folders now we cant sell n profit cause everyone has to much.. now its the boss isnt 1 free hit to 150. Im gonna buy stock in wine and cheese. Ill own gree within a month.

truthteller
02-19-2015, 09:53 AM

with 13b stats (I know not that great) but boss 102 in 2 hours did 25 cash hits and boss was still standing, not gona waste gold trying to get to 150 which would probably cost 2 vaults
so 15 hits on boss 150 "still easy"

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
02-19-2015, 11:10 AM
I'll cLue you in, tapper and lil tapperoos:

Its ancient Gree secret, not so secret at all, that minis are known boss killers.
I know of one faction that brings in minis to exclusively KILL BOSSES.
As the minis age, they begin to retire the mini.
But, this is where they get very clever.
They use cheap android devices to do this.
They keep a few around to bang walls, and these days they farm their minis.
Eventually, they simply wipe the android device, destroy the mini, and begin anew with a level 1 mini.
They usually destroy the lil guy by level 55, because about level 50, Gree makes the once powerful lil BOSS KILLER weaker.

XP is known to stunt a lil guy's growth. LOL

technical explanation:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?54901-Boss-event-question&highlight=Level+ranges+boss

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?101063-AMA-Ask-the-Team-Anything!/page3&highlight=Level+ranges+boss

Annihilator2
02-19-2015, 11:14 AM
My opinion: the epic boss is returned to previous reality.
Strong players finish the event. Weak players do not finish.
Exactly what you wanted: gold players have all, free players have what can.

P.S.: I think that boss health is too much. It will come to playable level if boss health will not be increased in next 3-5 EB events.

sister morphine
02-19-2015, 04:18 PM
with 13b stats (I know not that great) but boss 102 in 2 hours did 25 cash hits and boss was still standing, not gona waste gold trying to get to 150 which would probably cost 2 vaults
so 15 hits on boss 150 "still easy"
You're above level 200 I take it? I'm luckily still in the 151-200 band.

There's a post on crime city forum from a guy who last time could reach level 70 with one hit; this time he was taking 12 hits to do level 23. That and your story are what I was talking about in my previous; it's not about me - as stated, being able to do one hit on level 150 was too easy. A few bosses before that I'd needed about 3 or 4 to finish.

Gree seems to not have much idea where to position this event. Make it too easy and nobody who cares needs to use gold (which is after all their prime concern), make it too tough and people who might have been able to finish once with a small amount of gold find they would need to use a very large amount, so they just stop. Remember the number of players who take this game that seriously is pretty small as a percentage, and the developers certainly won't engage those players more by making everything stupidly expensive to make any meaningful gain.

GI Janers
02-19-2015, 04:21 PM
what were the community event prizes? have they been released? maybe my droid didn't get the popup?

Sharky259
02-19-2015, 06:05 PM
I don't mind the increase in boss heath as it makes it more of a challenge to complete but they need to make the increase incremental as you get to higher bosses. I did boss 102 with 6 cash hits and boss 103 I was unable to finish off before time ran out, I put in 24 cash hits and the boss health meter still hadn't moved. Up to this point I had no problems with the event.

sister morphine
02-19-2015, 10:41 PM
I don't mind the increase in boss heath as it makes it more of a challenge to complete but they need to make the increase incremental as you get to higher bosses. I did boss 102 with 6 cash hits and boss 103 I was unable to finish off before time ran out, I put in 24 cash hits and the boss health meter still hadn't moved. Up to this point I had no problems with the event.
It didn't help that the meter wasn't working properly.

East Coast Bias
02-19-2015, 11:09 PM

The issue was the health meter. I had one boss 3 hit, then the next boss 2 hit, then the next boss 3 hit. I suspect the hits were not registering, not the health having gone up or down.

mieyb3270
02-20-2015, 02:07 PM
I'll cLue you in, tapper and lil tapperoos:

Its ancient Gree secret, not so secret at all, that minis are known boss killers.
I know of one faction that brings in minis to exclusively KILL BOSSES.
As the minis age, they begin to retire the mini.
But, this is where they get very clever.
They use cheap android devices to do this.
They keep a few around to bang walls, and these days they farm their minis.
Eventually, they simply wipe the android device, destroy the mini, and begin anew with a level 1 mini.
They usually destroy the lil guy by level 55, because about level 50, Gree makes the once powerful lil BOSS KILLER weaker.

XP is known to stunt a lil guy's growth. LOL

technical explanation:

I came to this conclusion recently, I have an old android device I wiped 2 weeks ago started fresh game, and with a wimpy lvl 30 device 2 million attack got all the way through level 125.....at 125 finished boss with just 4 FA. I had some execs in town for two days I had to entertain and be in meetings with...if I had my usual time to play I would have done the 150 easily......so now I'm going to wipe and link 4 accounts every so often to make it easier to complete faction goal for EB event