PDA

View Full Version : Update Regarding Accomplices

Pages : [1] 2 3

GREE Official Updates
02-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Attention Crime Lords!

Exciting update: Beginning with the Duel for the Deuces Battle for Empire City, Accomplices will no longer factor into battle calculations. Though all Accomplices you've recruited will still remain in your inventory, battle calculations will be calculated using only Mafia Stats. We hope you enjoy the classic Battle for Empire City and build the strongest Mafia to dominate and defeat your enemies! More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia.

Sam@
02-12-2015, 12:46 PM
Thank you for listing to the customers looking forward to the classic crime city. Now PVP please.

Nighteg
02-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Yes, stop wasting resources on things nobody wants and bring back PVPs with the leaderboards!

willis3
02-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Sooooo, we used loads and loads of gold on ltq, crates and wars etc for these accomplices and now they're obsolete...

abnugget
02-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Thank you Gree

Evan1000
02-12-2015, 12:57 PM
I don't want them, take them away permanently, just give me back my mafia mods.

hellovodka
02-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Attention Crime Lords!

Exciting update: Beginning with the Duel for the Deuces Battle for Empire City, Accomplices will no longer factor into battle calculations. Though all Accomplices you've recruited will still remain in your inventory, battle calculations will be calculated using only Mafia Stats. We hope you enjoy the classic Battle for Empire City and build the strongest Mafia to dominate and defeat your enemies! More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia.

Add PvP again please.

ohlo-00
02-12-2015, 01:06 PM
nice. what about the people which used a gold to get some accomplices
finaly i like the accomplices and you remove them :(

Chowda
02-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Love a giant middle finger when I see one! Looks like Apple is going to be getting a few requests for REFUNDS!

Vile Lynn
02-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Awesome news! Thank you!

Weasel
02-12-2015, 01:08 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd358/onemeatball/postimages/You-Have-Chosen-Wisely_zpsdfcda750.jpg~original

aarondavidsdad
02-12-2015, 01:08 PM
My syndicate has spent an incredible amount of effort on acquiring these accomplices. Now Gree all of a sudden yanks them away? How are we going to be compensated for our time in acquiring these now useless pieces of excrement? This requires an answer from one of the developers.

fan139
02-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Apple and Google are about to get flooded with requests, I dont blame people I dont know if they will get it but if they do they deserve it. Day light robbery

Forever Infamous
02-12-2015, 01:21 PM
My syndicate has spent an incredible amount of effort on acquiring these accomplices. Now Gree all of a sudden yanks them away? How are we going to be compensated for our time in acquiring these now useless pieces of excrement? This requires an answer from one of the developers.

I 100% agree,, time,effort,gold ,,,,, for nothing!

smokey77
02-12-2015, 01:23 PM
If I`d have spent gold on accomplices I wouldn`t be happy , it all smells a bit fishy too me :p

navanodo
02-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Good news - now reduce the length of the battle

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Fold accomplices in to henchmen and be done with it. Do not continue with it. It'll be as if it never happened. Don't keep a black eye around.

sister morphine
02-12-2015, 01:34 PM
Attention Crime Lords!

Do we get to know the reason; I was beginning to enjoy them and now you scrap it because some players whine about their stats being "meaningless". Sure, the influence of accomplices was too high at the start, but you'd got a better balance going as things progressed. If some people can't put the small amount of effort in to figure it out, tough on them. People complain that this game has zero strategy involved; just tap tap tap. Accomplices gave you the chance to use a little bit of intelliigent tactics to achieve what you want. Obviously you prefer the mindless tapping.

ohlo-00
02-12-2015, 01:40 PM
i figured it out: 1 accomplice = + 100,000 att/def stats

Vile Lynn
02-12-2015, 01:44 PM
I miss seeing the top 45 items on the battle screen.

Is that coming back since the accomplice stats are going?

sister morphine
02-12-2015, 01:47 PM
i figured it out: 1 accomplice = + 100,000 att/def stats
Totally wrong. By the just finished war you could beat someone with around a 50% stat margin even if you lost both accomplice categories. Not much different to how things were before. Accomplices also gave you a chance to win against rivals you couldn't touch before if you shuffled them round right. How is that worse?

Or was it some big spenders were being robbed by players they'd been immune to before accomplices, and maybe they started threatening to quit. Where Gree is concerned, sadly money trumps everything.

ohlo-00
02-12-2015, 01:49 PM
yes i like accomplice. in last battle i can defeat 95% rivals

sister morphine
02-12-2015, 01:52 PM
yes i like accomplice. in last battle i can defeat 95% rivals
Me too. The only attack I lost was a blind scout (and I made plenty of those)

spiderman
02-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Indeed mate. Let's be compensated with some more stat boosting things. Happy gaming mate.

Sandukan
02-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Why announce the change and not spell out what the accomplices will be replaced with?
GREE always "Half fast".

sfun
02-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Thanks Gree for letting me and a lot of others waste gold good call.

So use accomplices as hood protectors. When someone tries to rob you, your accomplices are added to your stats in some form.

LeatherKicks
02-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Gree your an idiot. Plain and simple.

The Governor
02-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Attention Crime Lords!

I never liked accomplices because it complicated win/loss factors. Raw stats, attack/defense are more simplified and easier to understand. If I have a rival I want to beat I focus on raising my attack. If I want the rival to fail in attempts to beat me I raise my defense.

ohlo-00
02-12-2015, 02:32 PM
without accomplice you lost to rival with lower defense than your attack. why?
with accomplice you can lose too but for me it is easier and better to find rival with 50%stats/30%accomplice/20%kingpin

Rogerf
02-12-2015, 02:40 PM
I'm so pissed of right now!! All in my syndicate used alot of gold to Get those accomplices, and they made the game alot more fun!! becose this is a robb in real life!!!

UnabatedDeath
02-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Yes recently focus has been all on accomplices since they made a huge difference in your chance of winning. All of us that got most of them spent a crazy amount of time and a lot of gold to get them. Thanks for wasting my time and money. Just reconfigure them to have a bit less of an impact or something. And would at least be nice to have however you are going to factor them into fights in the future implemented before the next war so we at least get some benefit to what we all have given GREE over the years.

Rogerf
02-12-2015, 03:14 PM
So accomplices now do not help our stats- with all due respect this is bad news- not exciting at all- you guys have changed the gris for whole game again! With all due respect what about those of us that spent hundreds of dollars in gold to Get accomplices to have it all flushed- my syndicate of allmost 60 members is very disappointed, and so is my friends in other syndicates! Why should we continue to buy gold for something so unsure and unstable anymore? RSVP

abnugget
02-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Gree your an idiot. Plain and simple.

You're....

Relic
02-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Just to reiterate what the announcement states: Accomplices won't be removed from the game, they will still remain in your inventory.

They are not going away. The stats you've invested in via Accomplices will be used in a meaningful manner in a feature to be announced in the future.

Jeronimo
02-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Wooo! Valentines day! This is our present! :D

Sandukan
02-12-2015, 03:28 PM
Just to reiterate what the announcement states: Accomplices won't be removed from the game, they will still remain in your inventory.

They are not going away.

Are you joking? We have enough useless items in our inventory as is.
What will be the purpose of them?

We got them because we were told they would account for 50% of fight/rob stats. Decisions to spend on accomplices were made with this in mind. Now you are saying that they won't be used in fights so what, pray tell, will they be used for?

If you are going to announce this BIG change at least lay out all the details.

Sammo the Kid
02-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Sooooo, we used loads and loads of gold on ltq, crates and wars etc for these accomplices and now they're obsolete...

That's your own gorram fault.

1Shot
02-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Please keep constructive feedback. No need for repeats of what people have already stated too.

Sammo the Kid
02-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm very happy with the removal of accomplices from battle. Thank you GREE.

Mags33
02-12-2015, 03:58 PM
We got them because we were told they would account for 50% of fight/rob stats. Decisions to spend on accomplices were made with this in mind. Now you are saying that they won't be used in fights so what, prey tell, will they be used for?

Mod, do you know what fraud is? Because above is a description of it in this circumstance. Your customers are not chumps; they are professional individuals who are spending real money on this game. When you pay real money for something that cannot be used for the purpose for which it was advertised, or does not have the value for which it was advertised, that is contractual fraud. It is a crime with many different legal remedies. Would my post be more constructive if I listed the available remedies? I can. I'm a lawyer. You're going to need to do a little better than "details to come" to escape legal responsibility.

Babytway
02-12-2015, 04:01 PM
I purchased this in game currency to obtain accomplice items in the app, which have now been removed. I am requesting a refund for every purchase made in this manner. Gree induced these "king pin accomplices" as a permanent feature to the game. Gree has since removed them from the game making all of the money I put into obtaining them (metaphorically) vanish. Thanks in advance for a speedy response.they didnt remove them, they will be a part of your inventory and will have a different use than before, just think your already ahead of the new feature with all you purchased so far

aarondavidsdad
02-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Please keep constructive feedback. No need for repeats of what people have already stated too.

There is certainly a need to repeat concerns and complaints so the developers understand the scale of the discontent. Very short sighted sir. Or ma'am.

Weasel
02-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Mod, do you know what fraud is? Because above is a description of it in this circumstance. Your customers are not chumps; they are professional individuals who are spending real money on this game. When you pay real money for something that cannot be used for the purpose for which it was advertised, or does not have the value for which it was advertised, that is contractual fraud. It is a crime with many different legal remedies. Would my post be more constructive if I listed the available remedies? I can. I'm a lawyer. You're going to need to do a little better than "details to come" to escape legal responsibility.

Read the TOS. Gree can do whatever they want at any time, and you agree to and accept that every time you login to any of their games.

It's also worth noting that with all freemium games, not just Gree games, you are paying for the product as is when you make an in-app purchase. In other words, you bought gold because you wanted gold. There is no guaranteed benefit from the use of gold, and if you used up all your gold and didn't get what you wanted that's really just too bad. Buy more.

Kitty McPurr
02-12-2015, 04:21 PM
Will you be creating an in game splash screen to tell ALL YOUR PLAYERS? ...or just posting these types of changes on the forum for us?

Joe Pound
02-12-2015, 04:21 PM
I say we file a class action lawsuit, or get the BBB involved. Total BS!

Joe Pound
02-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Read the TOS. Gree can do whatever they want at any time, and you agree to and accept that every time you login to any of their games.

It's also worth noting that with all freemium games, not just Gree games, you are paying for the product as is when you make an in-app purchase. In other words, you bought gold because you wanted gold. There is no guaranteed benefit from the use of gold, and if you used up all your gold and didn't get what you wanted that's really just too bad. Buy more.

What you said made absolutely no sense! You probably gain all of your stats by syndicate jumping, which is definitely something they should get rid of.

Mags33
02-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Allowing Gree to be dishonest is contrary to your own interest.

LeatherKicks
02-12-2015, 04:59 PM
The only thing I'll see myself accepting is giving current accomplices bonuses. And still using them In the future.

And hey Abnugget. Lol

Knujoh
02-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Or was it some big spenders were being robbed by players they'd been immune to before accomplices, and maybe they started threatening to quit. Where Gree is concerned, sadly money trumps everything.

I guess those "big spenders" had most accomplices of all :cool:

Dipstik
02-12-2015, 05:02 PM

You must not be a very good lawyer...

TheJess
02-12-2015, 05:30 PM

Although it could be worded differently, basically correct and a point that is of great concern for Gree, and for anyone who was induced to spend money or time to obtain the accomplices.

As far as the game goes, reverting to classic battle calculation is appreciated.

cooch
02-12-2015, 05:35 PM
You must not be a very good lawyer...

Sorry dip but neither are you. Your pontification on laws frankly is laughable at times.

Just saying.

Not trying to provoke a fight. Just sayin'

cooch
02-12-2015, 05:37 PM
If pvp has gone back to stats matter then solve me a riddle

1. Why did a mod state last week they were going to adjust pvp parameters to make them relevant again (accomplices)

2. The pvp calc is too lax. No way should some players with 50% or more less stats be able to rob and pvp successfully. At least the pvp calc prior to the accomplice junk

t12pm
02-12-2015, 06:14 PM
A big money grab is all it was then, already seen refund screen shots that's good, a company that pulls bullsh1t like this deserves to get money taken off them now if the war spending would only slow down maybe they would start to listen

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Mods bringing the hammer down on some of this feedback. They not being harsh, but a big change like this, you do gotta let us vent. Conduct code or not. We're talking about a lot of money. You HAVE to bend some of the rules.

kids
02-12-2015, 06:36 PM

..to the point - they've cheated us !

I'm not willing to give my real money to someone who's cheating me...
back to free gaming - yayh !

jfgarzon
02-12-2015, 06:51 PM
I say nobody buy gold during this 7 day battle until they come up with a resolution. The last 2 raid boss are now meaningless.........

stepxhenlockwood17
02-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Wow! I saw an opprotunity to up my game to the top....spent an outrageous amount of HARD EARNED MONEY! now you take away my reward! If this really happens. I will never spend one dollar more on this game....even if you just play the game....how can you a game developer that robs you of what you accomplish. You are losing me

spiderman
02-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Thanks, GREE. We must adjust with ever changing Crime City game world or just get rolled right over by it. Happy gaming mate. I for one, will adapt my game play and overcome as usual.

Dipstik
02-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Telling a client what he wants to hear is not the mark of a good lawyer. You don't have a cause to sue because you don't like the changes that were made to a freemium game. It's sort of pathetic watching all of you weep and moan no matter what happens. It's always the end of the world, but the pattern has been repeating since 2011.

Green Drake
02-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Apparantly you don't have to sue. The TOS allows for recourse. Common knowledge at this point what that recourse entails. It would seem that gree changing the fundamentals of the game warrants refunds to its customers.

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Everyone should remember, at no point have you ever purchased anything from gree.

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-12-2015, 09:23 PM
I was never familiar with the whole accomplice/kingpin system. If accomplices are no more, are kingpins, whatever they are, still a thing?

Joe bananas
02-12-2015, 09:42 PM
I was never familiar with the whole accomplice/kingpin system. If accomplices are no more, are kingpins, whatever they are, still a thing?

Nope. Kingpins & accomplices are the same thing.

Joe bananas
02-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Accomplices could have worked. They were given too much power though. They made mafia attack / defence stats obsolete overnight. Is this being fixed for PVP?

EDIT: New data push..... Prize for SA is an accomplice?? For real ???

!Radar
02-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Just got the splash screen for street assault. Top 10 get accomplices. Lol.

Winnson
02-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Oh man that‘s hilarious.

TheJess
02-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Sorry dip but neither are you. Your pontification on laws frankly is laughable at times.

Just saying.

Not trying to provoke a fight. Just sayin'

One response might be, don't feed the trolls. Another might be, what the troll says is pitifully fake to anyone who knows the difference, but unfortunately there are some kids reading this forum who might be be mislead - so, thanks to you for pointing it out.

sister morphine
02-12-2015, 10:54 PM
they didnt remove them, they will be a part of your inventory and will have a different use than before, just think your already ahead of the new feature with all you purchased so far
That depends on whether the new function is worth all the expense to those players. ;)

What could it be? The suggestion that accomplices could be used to defend your hood against robs is a non-starter as that's PvP which is officially out. Will their stats be transformed into attack/def mods? Boring! Or into something else like upgrade time/cost reduction mods? Better, but probably not adequate compensation for those who spent insane amounts on the things. Or into some kind of energy/health regen boost? Best so far, but won't happen as it'll affect the bottom line.

sister morphine
02-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Oh man that‘s hilarious.
Indeed. Will the usual suspects now be striving to avoid being in top ten? Lmao!

Weasel
02-12-2015, 11:17 PM
That depends on whether the new function is worth all the expense to those players. ;)

What could it be? The suggestion that accomplices could be used to defend your hood against robs is a non-starter as that's PvP which is officially out. Will their stats be transformed into attack/def mods? Boring! Or into something else like upgrade time/cost reduction mods? Better, but probably not adequate compensation for those who spent insane amounts on the things. Or into some kind of energy/health regen boost? Best so far, but won't happen as it'll affect the bottom line.

Since we're spit balling ideas, and it's clear Gree is presently short on those, let's go with your health regen idea as I think a category dedicated to battle health (not boss health) would be a great idea. My take on it would be each accomplice has +/- stats rather than attack or defense stats, with '+' referring to an added quantity per "tick", and '-' referring to a reduced amount of time between "ticks". A "tick" being the duration of a cycle. For example, battle health refills at a rate of 100 energy every 100 minutes, so in that case one tick = 1/1. A battle health "tick mod" might look something like +1/0 or 0/-1, or whatever Gree were to decide.

I'm sure the numbers would be quite different, and it may be more practical for Gree to offer reductions based on seconds rather than minutes, or make quantity/tick quite rare, but this is just a casual and without care, throwin' it out there kind of thing.

!Radar
02-13-2015, 12:24 AM
Indeed. Will the usual suspects now be striving to avoid being in top ten? Lmao!

I think it's an additional reward for top ten. Not the only reward. Like the fancy boxes for top 2000 or whatever it was.

sister morphine
02-13-2015, 12:34 AM
Since we're spit balling ideas, and it's clear Gree is presently short on those, let's go with your health regen idea as I think a category dedicated to battle health (not boss health) would be a great idea. My take on it would be each accomplice has +/- stats rather than attack or defense stats, with '+' referring to an added quantity per "tick", and '-' referring to a reduced amount of time between "ticks". A "tick" being the duration of a cycle. For example, battle health refills at a rate of 100 energy every 100 minutes, so in that case one tick = 1/1. A battle health "tick mod" might look something like +1/0 or 0/-1, or whatever Gree were to decide.

I'm sure the numbers would be quite different, and it may be more practical for Gree to offer reductions based on seconds rather than minutes, or make quantity/tick quite rare, but this is just a casual and without care, throwin' it out there kind of thing.
As a free player I approve of this. Can't see the "money no object" group going a bundle on it though. When would they stop tapping long enough to take advantage of it? ;)

Nighteg
02-13-2015, 03:41 AM

I approve this message.

HavingFun
02-13-2015, 03:41 AM
Attention Crime Lords!

Create a new event that is solely dependent on accomplices and the rewards can be regen mods of any kind or any other non pvp boosts.

Sandukan
02-13-2015, 04:10 AM
Weren't there threads describing the implementation of accomplices by developers on this forum? Where can we find those threads to see what was promised?

Nice job cleaning up the forum.

Weasel
02-13-2015, 04:12 AM
As a free player I approve of this. Can't see the "money no object" group going a bundle on it though. When would they stop tapping long enough to take advantage of it? ;)

Didn't seem to be much of an issue when all those energy regen mods were going to the top ranks in war. According to the leaderboards those wars were as competitive as any.

Regiardless, Gree simply worked around this new "ability" by increasing the energy requirements for LTQ events. So if anything is done woth battle health regen I pretty much expect there to be several "unforeseen issues."

sister morphine
02-13-2015, 04:25 AM
Didn't seem to be much of an issue when all those energy regen mods were going to the top ranks in war. According to the leaderboards those wars were as competitive as any.

Regiardless, Gree simply worked around this new "ability" by increasing the energy requirements for LTQ events. So if anything is done woth battle health regen I pretty much expect there to be several "unforeseen issues."
And there's the whole problem with the company in a nutshell. Give a good reward to a tiny fraction of the player base, then neutralise it by increasing the requirements which simultaneously kicks the other 99% of players in the proverbials. :p

But there's a difference in this case. In previous wars they were spending to get the rank they feel entitled to. Spending ludicrous amounts to get enough accomplices to avoid the horror of a bit of red on their news is a separate issue - I'm not saying I have great sympathy with people who just spend as a default option, as opposed to those who spend for a specific goal, but they're unlikely to be satisfied with a battle health bonus due to the way they play the wars.

Morgz
02-13-2015, 04:52 AM
I haven't read the whole thread..sorry. But has there been mention of bonus gold from Gree? I too spent some good money on gold used to acquire these accomplices. Not only are they currently useless, sounds like they well never be used as intended.but depending on what type of bonus is on the table, I'm open to hearing about it.

sister morphine
02-13-2015, 05:26 AM
Are you in the gold bonus scheme? That's probably it.

Max Power
02-13-2015, 06:58 AM
Even though there is a 3 year precedent on the value of spending in this game, I do have a certain level of sympathy for people who spent gold chasing these things. What I find extremely comical is people wanting to be compensated for "time" in chasing these things. Really? Your time is so valuable that you want to be compensated for the time you spent playing a video game? Really? Just listen to yourself. Either that is an incredible amount of hubris, or near single digit IQ talkin right there......

cc thunder
02-13-2015, 07:10 AM
Too little too late

Morgz
02-13-2015, 07:46 AM
Are you in the gold bonus scheme? That's probably it.
I don't know what that means, so I would guess I'm not. I'm just an average moderate gold spender that feels duped. The way they rolled out that accomplice program with zero warning and very little clear instruction or support....left many of us unable to play the PvP portions of the game at all for a period of time. Many of us felt we needed these accomplices to remain competitive and able to help our syns. Many of us spent money on gold to keep pace with the game they changed. Now that they have our money they change the feature? That's a bait n switch, and I admit falling for it. Now I feel it's fair to be accommodated in some fashion. replace my gold (multiple vaults), or something.
Them saying "accomplices will still be used in other parts of the game" described in a time of gree choosing is not acceptable

Rodimus
02-13-2015, 07:51 AM
Now this is what I call a Valentine's Day Massacre!

sister morphine
02-13-2015, 08:00 AM
I don't know what that means, so I would guess I'm not. I'm just an average moderate gold spender that feels duped. The way they rolled out that accomplice program with zero warning and very little clear instruction or support....left many of us unable to play the PvP portions of the game at all for a period of time. Many of us felt we needed these accomplices to remain competitive and able to help our syns. Many of us spent money on gold to keep pace with the game they changed. Now that they have our money they change the feature? That's a bait n switch, and I admit falling for it. Now I feel it's fair to be accommodated in some fashion. replace my gold (multiple vaults), or something.
Them saying "accomplices will still be used in other parts of the game" described in a time of gree choosing is not acceptable
I'd like to know the reason behind the change in accomplices before making accusations of bait & switch. If it's because of some players complaining because they don't like the change (and/or threatening to stop buying gold because of it) then let's be honest, it's those players to blame 60% and the company 40% for not calling their bluff.

If Gree have decided that it just wasn't working as intended, then the case for partial refunds is stronger. But nobody should be refunded for doing events that they would have spent on anyway unless they're prepared to lose all the prizes from that event.

More dubious is the idea of someone buying a load of gold, waiting for their bonus to be delivered and then getting a refund from their vendor. That's sailing much closer to fraudulent behaviour than anything the company has done to date on this subject.

aarondavidsdad
02-13-2015, 08:04 AM
This situation reminds me of the commercial playing here in the states for Dollar Shave Club. In the commercial some dude tries to buy razors and the clerk says some outrageous price that surprises the customer. But the customer is resigned to pay for the blades anyway. Then the clerk informs the customer that there is a free gift that comes with the purchase. So the customer grabs the gift and is met with a swift punch right in the junk. Gree gave us the accomplices then proceeded to punch us right in our collective junk. Our "free gift".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wlC_di2AcY&safe=active

Morgz
02-13-2015, 09:20 AM
I'd like to know the reason behind the change in accomplices before making accusations of bait & switch. If it's because of some players complaining because they don't like the change (and/or threatening to stop buying gold because of it) then let's be honest, it's those players to blame 60% and the company 40% for not calling their bluff.

If Gree have decided that it just wasn't working as intended, then the case for partial refunds is stronger. But nobody should be refunded for doing events that they would have spent on anyway unless they're prepared to lose all the prizes from that event.

More dubious is the idea of someone buying a load of gold, waiting for their bonus to be delivered and then getting a refund from their vendor. That's sailing much closer to fraudulent behaviour than anything the company has done to date on this subject.

All very good points. Can't say I disagree with any of that (at least not now), and your post is making me think. I still feel duped, but maybe "bait n switch" is a bit harsh of a term at this point. I guess I'll see how it plays out over the next few days.

I don't know how anyone can say with any certainty just how much of their gold was strictly for acquiring accomplices, and how much would be part of their normal spending pattern anyway. I think its fair to say that anyone who bought and spent gold all along would still have bought and used some percentage regardless -- but I do still remember those 3-5 days where I couldn't rob or attack anyone, yet I was still getting rob / attacked regularly; those days did encourage me to make purchases and play ltq's that I normally wouldn't have touched, play RB and Epic boss much more diligently, and spent more on SA and Battle events in order to up both my individual score, and help my syn score...all in the name getting better accomplices.

Dipstik
02-13-2015, 10:42 AM

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608055472790176292&pid=15.1

I'd also include the people who go back for "refunds" every couple months and keep buying gold. I've seen people actually bragging about how they get about $500 out of every $1000 they spend refunded. Those people should be in jail.

Cats
02-13-2015, 10:42 AM
The accomplices still count in PVP however, just not battle. Is that correct?

Iain
02-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Great so now accomplices are decoration. Gree this is tiresome.

Jts
02-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Attention Crime Lords!

So NOW i Got enough of all complains here. No matter what changes gree do it is always bad news. Its your own choise to use gold or not to advance in the game.
So gree keep up making new thing so CC Will keep developing. And to all the players that dont like it, Well to bad.

kimkarla
02-13-2015, 11:09 AM
This is absolutely a GREEDY thing to do. Customers spent money to buy these thing to help their stats and now you take them away. What bull****. I'm seriously considering not lining the pockets of GREEDY anymore.

aarondavidsdad
02-13-2015, 11:11 AM
The date the accomplice notification began was in a forum post by Engram on 12/19 at 4:16pm

Mirakulix
02-13-2015, 11:14 AM
Looks good

Oh_TheHorror
02-13-2015, 11:17 AM
Look, we all hated this concept when it started. Remember when we couldn't rob people? Remember how we all complained when realized we'd have to start doing LTQs again just so we wouldn't fall behind? None of us wanted accmplices/kingpins. We didn't understand it. We thought it was absurd that stats were only partially responsible for winning and losing. I'm glad they seemed to pull the plug on this. (There were no accomplices in the last LTQ, and there aren't any in Street Assault.) I commend GREE for nipping this in the bud rather quickly. If you're one of these people who went balls to the wall and spent a ton of money to get accomplices, my heart does not bleed for you. My guess is that you won't miss that money. It comes with the territory when investing real money into a game. Suck it up, pour yourself another glass of overpriced scotch, and move on, Sally.

Johnathan Alexander Pike
02-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Move forward not backward. It seemed like obvious reasons why you guys implemented accomplices and the benefit to you and competitive game play it gave. However if your not ready it shouldn't of been released. Not reversed post update. Just saying.

Joe_V
02-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Attention Crime Lords!

GREE is missing on a great business opportunity, you could run a return or recycle program that take back those accomplices for a modest gold payment. That way you get gold for starting a feature that everybody hates but have to get and more gold for cancelling when the players insist that don't want it.

Kraig Hines
02-13-2015, 12:39 PM
This is great that you have listened to our feedback everyone feels the same trough out the cc Game if it's not broken don't try to fix it !!!!! Keep your ear to the ground don't ever change doing that and you will keep your clientele be one of the greats just by doing that one or 2 things listening to reason and changing when you know it should be done much respect thanks .

spiderman
02-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Look, we all hated this concept when it started. Remember when we couldn't rob people? Remember how we all complained when realized we'd have to start doing LTQs again just so we wouldn't fall behind? None of us wanted accmplices/kingpins. We didn't understand it. We thought it was absurd that stats were only partially responsible for winning and losing. I'm glad they seemed to pull the plug on this. (There were no accomplices in the last LTQ, and there aren't any in Street Assault.) I commend GREE for nipping this in the bud rather quickly. If you're one of these people who went balls to the wall and spent a ton of money to get accomplices, my heart does not bleed for you. My guess is that you won't miss that money. It comes with the territory when investing real money into a game. Suck it up, pour yourself another glass of overpriced scotch, and move on, Sally.

Ditto mate. I prefer Bulleit Bourbon myself. Happy gaming mate.

cloud strife
02-13-2015, 02:05 PM
why this doesnt surprise me anymore?!

cooch
02-13-2015, 02:14 PM

Jeez the decision so was based on sagging if not precipitous drop in actual sales. The fact it went away without a plan b for accomplices indicates the urgency of the situation. When they will figure out and implement a meaningful change for accomplices (to players) will be awhile.

They don't understand their gold playing customers. With what the plan to launch to get high stats over next couple of weeks will probably backfire on them as well.

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Jeez the decision so was based on sagging if not precipitous drop in actual sales.
Nope. Sooo not true.

montecore
02-13-2015, 04:28 PM

The decision to add accomplices to the game was a very stupid one that irritated many customers. Beta testers begged them not to add it. Players begged them to remove it.

Now they have made another decision that irritated many customers. I am looking forward to robbing Geo and the other TAW members who have been protected by accomplices.

montecore
02-13-2015, 04:31 PM
For anyone who spent a fortune on crates to get accomplices, this may provide solace to you: All the crates you bought one year and two years ago are equally worthless due to stat inflation. So don't feel bad that you flushed good money down the toilet to acquire accomplices. Crates have always been worthless.

kids
02-13-2015, 04:50 PM
where do I find the details ?7242

Weasel
02-13-2015, 05:08 PM
where do I find the details ?7242

Everything Gree knows about the status of accomplices can be found here. (http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac159/GIFsforhire/Funny-Laughing/UHM.gif[/URL)

cooch
02-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Nope. Sooo not true.

Lmao u don't have a clue!

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Lmao u don't have a clue!

Cite your source or shut yer trap.

cooch
02-14-2015, 12:37 AM
Cite your source or shut yer trap.
Follow business news pal not gaming junk.

Nighteg
02-14-2015, 03:50 AM
I have no idea why this survey was created in a place that maybe visited by 1% of this forum's users. But here you go:
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?105794-Crime-City-Accomplice-Survey&p=1464865#post1464865

rtaylor11214
02-14-2015, 04:00 AM

1st) Who's "we"? When a game adds a new feature I'm quite excited to have something new to do, and noome I know "hated" this concept, street assault is still awful tho.

2nd) You'd have to start doing LTQ's AGAIN? That implies you quit doing ltqs, do u have the best weapon in the game for every mafia member u have? And if so I would assume you're the one drinking overpriced scotch, and buying vaults of gold daily. So sorry u couldn't buy accomplices.
I mean, if ur not doing LTQ's then do u even play this game daily?
Accomplices were implemented to give something other than ur mafia size & the weapons they have to matter in battle, and it was a darn good concept. We should all be glad GREE is trying to move this game forward and not resting on their laurels. If u don't "understand" the game mechanics then perhaps strategy games aren't for your inferior mind. If u were "Top Dog" but aren't anymore cuz u didn't wanna play the game to get accomplices we don't need you, cuz you aren't even playing ya jerk.

Also, did anyone notice it says "ACCOMPLICES WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF BATTLE". That means they will still factor into PvP AMD anything else, they aren't being deleted entirely, but I am sad to see innovation be met with such backwards thinking, *sigh*

sister morphine
02-14-2015, 04:23 AM
1st) Who's "we"? When a game adds a new feature I'm quite excited to have something new to do, and noome I know "hated" this concept, street assault is still awful tho.

2nd) You'd have to start doing LTQ's AGAIN? That implies you quit doing ltqs, do u have the best weapon in the game for every mafia member u have? And if so I would assume you're the one drinking overpriced scotch, and buying vaults of gold daily. So sorry u couldn't buy accomplices.
I mean, if ur not doing LTQ's then do u even play this game daily?
Accomplices were implemented to give something other than ur mafia size & the weapons they have to matter in battle, and it was a darn good concept. We should all be glad GREE is trying to move this game forward and not resting on their laurels. If u don't "understand" the game mechanics then perhaps strategy games aren't for your inferior mind. If u were "Top Dog" but aren't anymore cuz u didn't wanna play the game to get accomplices we don't need you, cuz you aren't even playing ya jerk.

Also, did anyone notice it says "ACCOMPLICES WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF BATTLE". That means they will still factor into PvP AMD anything else, they aren't being deleted entirely, but I am sad to see innovation be met with such backwards thinking, *sigh*
If O_TH wasn't doing LTQs it's probably for the same I haven't been doing them (and haven't looked at the one now running); unless you're prepared to drop a couple of vaults to finish the prizes aren't worthwhile.

I do agree with you in that accomplices allowed players to use their brain rather than just mindless tapping. The same is true of SA if you play on a team that doesn't just spend gold like its going out of fashion. :)

"Battle" means both war and PvP. Same algorithim. Sorry.

TZora
02-14-2015, 06:13 AM
I have 126 mil attck and I just lost to 88 mil def. accomplices crap is still in place. get rid of that greedy plz :p

Nighteg
02-14-2015, 06:14 AM
So there's a rumor going around that accomplices are going to somehow be integrated into RB dmg. I really hope that's not true! :mad:

Jack Bauer 24
02-14-2015, 08:43 AM
This thread is pointless. Everybody complained about the accomplices, now that they are taking them away everybody is complaining. I understand you guys are upset about the money you spent, but it is a video game after all. I don't think gree accessed your apple or android device and used your credit or debit card information without your consent. Your all grown folks, stop the whining.

I'll save this space down here for the person who's going to say "what's the point of your post your just whining". Your welcome. Feel free to correct any misspellings that my iPad didn't.

Nighteg
02-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Your welcome. Feel free to correct any misspellings that my iPad didn't.

You're* :)

sister morphine
02-14-2015, 09:17 AM
I have 126 mil attck and I just lost to 88 mil def. accomplices crap is still in place. get rid of that greedy plz :p
From when the war starts, Zora :)

Attention Crime Lords!

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Follow business news pal not gaming junk.

Accomplices haven't been around a full fiscal quarter. So there's nothing any business news outlet would have to report on about them. Quit trying to act like you're in the know.

I will ignore you now since you didn't cite any sources showing accomplices lost gree money.

Gungho
02-14-2015, 12:03 PM
Let's recap

*Acc/KP was announced
*We were told we could only get them as prizes or in events.
*We were told we could not buy them.
*Players spend a lot on ltq's, even the ones who don't like XP.
*No one could rob anyone.
*attack and defense were combined to one.
*attack and defense were divided.
*everyone could nearly beat everyone.
*crates were now sold with Acc/KP.
*players bought crates like never before.
*everyone could now beat everyone.
*crates were no longer including Acc/KP.
*acc/KP is no longer counted in battle.

I'm not a big spender, but I do understand why players are angry, and some want a refund, for something that seem very worthless right now, and I'm having a hard time imaging how GREE can make us happy again, this seems like a major disaster.

Alphasurf
02-14-2015, 12:45 PM
I like kingpin power and accomplices. I think it is great that gree is bringing new things to the game!

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-14-2015, 01:26 PM
I like kingpin power and accomplices. I think it is great that gree is bringing new things to the game!

Your post count and join date are straight suspect. Post ignored.

Alphasurf
02-14-2015, 01:51 PM
Big deal I just joined the forum and why should my opinion be ignored when I have been playing crime city for 2 years since funzio owned it? You are ignorant!

Frank the Frank
02-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Greed should pay the gold back.

-Batman-
02-14-2015, 02:20 PM
I like it too. After spending gold getting my accomplice/Kingpin 1200/700 I was able to hit players almost double my stats and win. Of course this is gonna stop on old system limiting who I can hit.

cooch
02-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Accomplices haven't been around a full fiscal quarter. So there's nothing any business news outlet would have to report on about them. Quit trying to act like you're in the know.

I will ignore you now since you didn't cite any sources showing accomplices lost gree money.

U whine and pontificate. A little dippy but dip don't whine.

Let's see if u can pass the common sense test. U don't need a degree for it

1. Does a business pull a new feature from a product if there is a sales gain?

2. Does business keep a feature when a sales loss is noticed. The depth of drop is key. I know some whales that have left in last 3 weeks and some that threw in towel just the other day. Do you? Doubt it you r not welcome in those chats

3. Don't need press release. Instead if spending a lot of time on this forum with your drivel simply glance at top 1-100 gross sales for play or iTunes. Self evident gree app rank from over a year ago to last 3 day war. Don't need to do often. Just after an event. Successful peeps don't look to forum or official gree press releases that candy coat statements.

I won't feed your troll statements anymore. It is really simple if u think and observe instead of posting garbage

rtaylor11214
02-14-2015, 04:22 PM
dang I thought battle excluded PvP. And being the art/def stat points u have to use when u level up were kinda put away for accomplices I was going full energy so I could complete ltq's. I've gotten accomplices thru ltq tho w/o gold so, there ya go, it made em relevant again. The previous poster whined about ltq like he/she just didn't wanna do them at all no matter what. But now I guess I can't go full energy when I level up so I'll never finish an ltq but the prizes are better than what some of my mafia has. With a limit of 500 and 5 weapon types, that's 2500 weapons to get. Been playing 8-10 months and still don't have my mafia fitted with all 5 weapons over 1k att or def. Anyway, it's a disappointment, I like content, not content removal tho unless its broken.

cooch
02-14-2015, 04:23 PM
Big deal I just joined the forum and why should my opinion be ignored when I have been playing crime city for 2 years since funzio owned it? You are ignorant!

Don't feed the troll. A self proclaimed expert in all things gree and players.

rtaylor11214
02-14-2015, 04:26 PM

get itself some accomplices. we all get robbed if we don't collect on time. Its new battle mechanics.

rtaylor11214
02-14-2015, 04:28 PM
So there's a rumor going around that accomplices are going to somehow be integrated into RB dmg. I really hope that's not true! :mad:

Rumor probly came from the survey. It asks if u would like to see accomplices in many diff scenarios.

rtaylor11214
02-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Let's recap

*Acc/KP was announced

I'm not a big spender, but I do understand why players are angry, and some want a refund, for something that seem very worthless right now, and I'm having a hard time imaging how GREE can make us happy again, this seems like a major disaster.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Like accomplices or not it was a bait & switch, basically defrauding the entire CC gaming community. Thank you wallet warriors!

rtaylor11214
02-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Your post count and join date are straight suspect. Post ignored.

I joined the forum just to comment on this too. Do u want my player id for verification?

Dipstik
02-14-2015, 06:00 PM
Games change. Things get nerfed. I don't think you guys even know what "bait and switch" means...

On an unrelated note, it's nice to see a bunch of new marks joining the forum. How's your henchmen count, guys?

Jewlz
02-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Let's recap

*Acc/KP was announced

Excellent summary. And the survey Gree is taking now should have been done before the accomplice feature was introduced in the first place. Nov 2014 - Present marks a period of Epic failure for Crime City.

plavine
02-14-2015, 08:16 PM
I was lucky enough to get a good mafia member in one of the box events that a lot if other players didn't get . I was hoping this would give me an advantage over many players whose stats were similar to mine. Now that is gone .

frk
02-14-2015, 09:53 PM
[This is not fair we have wasted so many gold for accomplices
QUOTE=GREE Official Updates;1464035]Attention Crime Lords!

[/QUOTE]

MK Loves You
02-14-2015, 11:02 PM
Anyone who spends tons of money on this game is an idiot.

Nighteg
02-14-2015, 11:58 PM
Rumor probly came from the survey. It asks if u would like to see accomplices in many diff scenarios.

What survey? The only survey i found on this forum only asks if you like accomplices or not.

Leen de Waardt
02-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Very sorry to the accomplices go. They made the game less predictable. Its a pity many players cannot adept to chance

Dat Guy
02-15-2015, 04:09 AM
Very sorry to the accomplices go. They made the game less predictable. Its a pity many players cannot adept to chance

It was the CHANCE factor that most every one hated.

cia
02-15-2015, 04:10 AM
Accomplices rock I worked hard to get them , I won't buy gold ever again when they are gone I am a one man crew and they helped now I will never get power good guns and things as the game is fixed for big crews and I have no desire to disband mine . I won't spend again I fell like I got ****d I am sorry the masses are to stupid to add any that's on them now I get screwed to please lazy stupid people YaY

Gdiaf thx

BrisingrBoss
02-15-2015, 04:15 AM
Accomplices rock I worked hard to get them , I won't buy gold ever again when they are gone I am a one man crew and they helped now I will never get power good guns and things as the game is fixed for big crews and I have no desire to disband mine . I won't spend again I fell like I got ****d I am sorry the masses are to stupid to add any that's on them now I get screwed to please lazy stupid people YaY

Gdiaf thx

you are the reason accomplices are no good. people felt they got screwed after spending so much time and money to get strong, and then someone comes with a couple months worth of accomplices and beats them in battle.

sister morphine
02-15-2015, 04:23 AM
you are the reason accomplices are no good. people felt they got screwed after spending so much time and money to get strong, and then someone comes with a couple months worth of accomplices and beats them in battle.
My heart bleeds. They can get accomplices same as anybody else. You just needed to be active - spending a ton of money buying crates and bundles was an optional extra.

spiderman
02-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Indeed mate. Happy gaming.

Alphasurf
02-15-2015, 01:12 PM

Lmao, hey they put them into the game for a reason. Stop crying like a little 8 year old child. Well in your opinion accomplices are no good and In my opinion the kingpin power and accomplices are good so are you going to tell me I am another reason they are no good. You say many have spent time and money to get strong well many people that like accomplices have also spent a lot of time and money to get stronger so what's weong with that? Maybe it just bothers players like you that we can now beat you and rob your hoods but hey that's all part of the game. Go figure people are gonna cry about it like little bit*hes!

Weasel
02-15-2015, 01:27 PM
Lmao, hey they put them into the game for a reason. Stop crying like a little 8 year old child. Well in your opinion accomplices are no good and In my opinion the kingpin power and accomplices are good so are you going to tell me I am another reason they are no good. You say many have spent time and money to get strong well many people that like accomplices have also spent a lot of time and money to get stronger so what's weong with that? Maybe it just bothers players like you that we can now beat you and rob your hoods but hey that's all part of the game. Go figure people are gonna cry about it like little bit*hes!

The issue is not that you can successfully rob or attack people, it's that the new feature devalued what took many people literally years to accomplish, and then new people were jumping to the same (relative) level of strength in days or weeks.

It's not that the feature itself was bad, it's the fact that the implementation was incredibly poor and obviously lacked any kind of actual planning.

Jack Bauer 24
02-15-2015, 02:27 PM
You're* :)

Thank you kind sir.👍

Sandukan
02-15-2015, 02:49 PM
The one thing about accomplices is it got rid of the stupid random factor that GREE uses for pvp/robs. Until you move around your accomplices you either win or lose.
Why should I attack someone and win some and lose some?
It's either I am stronger than them or not.

Weasel
02-15-2015, 03:31 PM
The one thing about accomplices is it got rid of the stupid random factor that GREE uses for pvp/robs. Until you move around your accomplices you either win or lose.
Why should I attack someone and win some and lose some?
It's either I am stronger than them or not.

It didn't get rid of that random factor. That was only applied to mafia stats, so its effect was greatly diminished as a result of the value of mafia stats also being greatly diminished.

Sandukan
02-15-2015, 04:18 PM
It didn't get rid of that random factor. That was only applied to mafia stats, so its effect was greatly diminished as a result of the value of mafia stats also being greatly diminished.

I would greatly appreciate its continued diminished role.

Something really fishy about the retraction of the accomplices. I bet the last war rewards (buildings and boxes) were last minute replacements of accomplices. I don't think its because top teams were complaining either. Many of them became untouchable because of accomplices.

Must have had something to do with game mechanics that they didn't see ahead of time. Hard to believe given their always astute foresight.

Weasel
02-15-2015, 04:37 PM
... Many of them became untouchable because of accomplices.

Must have had something to do with game mechanics that they didn't see ahead of time. Hard to believe given their always astute foresight.

They did not foresee individuals becoming invincible. This is strictly forbidden, as once a person becomes untouchable their reason for spending hundreds to thousands of dollars per month all but vanishes. Gree needs to keep people in a constant state of needing to become stronger. Once that goal disapperas and other players can't even engage with you, not only has Gree lost a source of revenue, they've also created a situation where nobody bothers to play anymore because they simply can't, no matter how hard they try.

kids
02-15-2015, 05:10 PM
all been good about accomplices as long gree gave it only for getting missions done - syndicate's and individuals. all been messed the day they started to sell them in packs and crates.
downgrade their level of influence on pvp - take the sold ones of buyers inventories and compensate them - and we all can game on without the next glitchy hotfix gree wants to release till next week

Ohgreat12
02-15-2015, 07:18 PM
I agree with you. I myself have spent hundreds of dollars and expect a full refund. Future promises do not win PvP or wars.

Ohgreat12
02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Then go play Candy Attack

MK Loves You
02-15-2015, 10:09 PM
If you spend money on game owned by a company you know (or think) is shady you do it at YOUR OWN risk. Boo frikkity hoo life's not fair so cry me a river build a bridge and get over it.

sister morphine
02-15-2015, 10:51 PM
They did not foresee individuals becoming invincible. This is strictly forbidden, as once a person becomes untouchable their reason for spending hundreds to thousands of dollars per month all but vanishes. Gree needs to keep people in a constant state of needing to become stronger. Once that goal disapperas and other players can't even engage with you, not only has Gree lost a source of revenue, they've also created a situation where nobody bothers to play anymore because they simply can't, no matter how hard they try.
If some players became invincible is that the fault of the money men? Did Engram not state on the forum that accomplices would not be for sale in the store, but only winnable through events. If someone went over his head for short term financial reasons, then they should be out the door.

nlm
02-16-2015, 01:54 PM
So accomplices now do not help our stats- with all due respect this is bad news- not exciting at all- you guys have changed the gris for whole game again! With all due respect what about those of us that spent hundreds of dollars in gold to Get accomplices to have it all flushed- my syndicate of allmost 60 members is very disappointed, and so is my friends in other syndicates! Why should we continue to buy gold for something so unsure and unstable anymore? RSVP

Spending money to buy gold in order to gain accomplices that are then rendered useless sounds like deceptive tactics for gain.
I smell class action

-Batman-
02-16-2015, 02:08 PM
Spending money to buy gold in order to gain accomplices that are then rendered useless sounds like deceptive tactics for gain.
I smell class action
that's why loads have said screw you Gree and applied for refunds

KingOW
02-16-2015, 03:25 PM
I voted to NOT be useing KP/Accomp in any event. But then I really want to see some refunds coming back for wasted money.

spiderman
02-16-2015, 03:46 PM
I voted to NOT be useing KP/Accomp in any event. But then I really want to see some refunds coming back for wasted money.

Ok. Mate. That isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Dipstik
02-16-2015, 06:52 PM
I smell class action

I suggest you contact an attorney. You probably won't find one to take it on a contingency basis.

TZora
02-16-2015, 10:42 PM
More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia

which means, another major fkup coming up ahead :p

HavingFun
02-17-2015, 01:44 AM
which means, another major fkup coming up ahead :p

Lmao, now this we can ALL agree on.

Samson Kendale
02-17-2015, 05:36 AM
So in a nutshell...

Those who buy shortcuts, purchase advantages, now get taken back to an even playing ground

Dun dun DUNNNNN -Oh the horror!-

Weasel
02-17-2015, 12:32 PM
What survey? The only survey i found on this forum only asks if you like accomplices or not.

You can find the survey hidden away here:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?105794-Crime-City-Accomplice-Survey&p=1464865#post1464865

It's not like it would have made sense to include that link in the original announcement post or anything. Apparently feedback is wanted, but as little of it as possible so there's less to go through, and "a few complaints" can easily be dismissed.

Nighteg
02-17-2015, 12:56 PM
You can find the survey hidden away here:

It's not like it would have made sense to include that link in the original announcement post or anything. Apparently feedback is wanted, but as little of it as possible so there's less to go through, and "a few complaints" can easily be dismissed.

I accidentally found that one, but there's no mention in there anything about RB or EB..

Weasel
02-17-2015, 01:52 PM
I accidentally found that one, but there's no mention in there anything about RB or EB..

I assume that and many other questions were only asked to those who answered 'yes' to the first question (about whether or not you like accomplices).

I answered no, added a comment to the follow up "why not?", and the survey was over.

I think the first question might have been a filter. 'Yes' goes to inbox, 'No' and 'Not Sure' go to trash.

TZora
02-17-2015, 06:15 PM
I assume that and many other questions were only asked to those who answered 'yes' to the first question (about whether or not you like accomplices).

I answered no, added a comment to the follow up "why not?", and the survey was over.

I think the first question might have been a filter. 'Yes' goes to inbox, 'No' and 'Not Sure' go to trash.
that's what happens always..
it's like greedy asks ppl, "hey, shud we do this?"
people are like, "no no no no NO NO NOOOO... NO!!!!"
greedy's like, "knew there was no use of asking u but we're doing it like it or hate it."

kinda defeats the idea of asking in the first place, no? :D

Vile Lynn
02-17-2015, 07:21 PM
It might have been the M4 that taught us...

If GREE does something you like, do NOT post about it.
Or, enjoy the nerf.

Joe Pound
02-17-2015, 07:25 PM
Just when I started to get over having useless accomplices, Gree made the raid boss absolutely ridiculous! SMH! What's next? LTQ's that are meaningless...oh wait, they already are!

Weasel
02-17-2015, 07:41 PM
It might have been the M4 that taught us...

If GREE does something you like, do NOT post about it.
Or, enjoy the nerf.

That was Funzio's doing. Those who have been around long enough know it wasn't any better in those days.

Vile Lynn
02-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Well, you're right. Funzio nerfed good things back then just like GREE does now.

I didn't bother making the distinction because GREE kept most of Funzio's staff in SF, CA, who read the forum and had their little fingers over the nerf button...
Iow, Funzio, GREE: same diff.

spiderman
02-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Well, you're right. Funzio nerfed good things back then just like GREE does now.

I didn't bother making the distinction because GREE kept most of Funzio's staff in SF, CA, who read the forum and had their little fingers over the nerf button...
Iow, Funzio, GREE: same diff.

Ditto mate. Life goes on either way. We all make choice daily to play Crime City, as is. It's in the TOS guidelines. Happy gaming mate.

thedoctor603
02-18-2015, 01:53 AM
What time does this go into effect? I want the accomplices gone now.

Winnson
02-18-2015, 03:30 AM
Who knows? Good luck getting an answer though.

sister morphine
02-18-2015, 03:56 AM
There's a clue in the first line of the OP. Let's see how long it takes..... ;)

Dirty Larry
02-18-2015, 04:03 AM
Nonspending peasant top 150 types are happy this change occurred. Folks that boosted gold sales in some epic top action are probably not happy. The top ten folks opinion matter most. They buy gold and are better people. Gree should listen to what they want with accomplices. I would like to believe my accomplices are having a block party in my hood waiting for gree to make up their mind on what they will be used for.

Jameshanlon111
02-18-2015, 05:16 AM
This is the first chance I have had of voicing my disgust at gree's crazy announcement of removing the accomplices. I have spent a lot of money on gold to better my gaming experience by getting as many accomplicies as possible. Now with this latest announcement, I'm totally at a loss. Thinking of binning the game altogether and walking away. It's not fun anymore. Now the 7 day battle. What's that all about? Have their gold sales went down? If so, they should ask themselves why. Messing around with the games concept has ruined it. I'm not doing next battle, like most of my syndicate.

Thanks for reading this.
Jamie

Red BD
02-18-2015, 02:53 PM
That's what it's about-- GOLD

thedoctor603
02-19-2015, 04:01 PM
My syndicate members are dropping like flies. Gree can you please stop screwing us?

spiderman
02-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Greeting mate ,

Just noticed that when I rob/attacked someone, it has N/A for the Accomplices now?? Updates in works?? I'll stand by and wait, happy gaming mate.

[]GoD[] Foxy
02-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Greeting mate ,

Just noticed that when I rob/attacked someone, it has N/A for the Accomplices now?? Updates in works?? I'll stand by and wait, happy gaming mate.

Same for me. They are gone from the PvP calcs

electra
02-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Agreed truly believe some of the players maybe the one's in the "gold clubs" threatened to ask for all their money back. That would be a huge loss for the developers. I know for sure it comes down to money. News Flash Gree we have spent money too!!! In an effort to obtain accomplises. What do WE have to show for it? NOTHING!! You need to resolve this problem fairly for ALL PLAYERS.

jcommander17
02-19-2015, 10:32 PM
Bring back the accomplices, at least during battles, robbing or attacks. Not only did we spend gold to get them but also put a lot of levels doing LTQs and SLTQs. Not only gold should be returned if that is the case but also return accounts back to pre-December levels.

The Top syndicates *****ing about this, they have invested so much in this game that they will continue to play no matter what. Only barking dogs. For us, we don't have the same invested. We can move on to funner games.

Tscuba
02-20-2015, 03:13 AM
Please let us know when you will refund the gold some of us spent to increase kingpin power.

Bala82
02-20-2015, 08:12 AM
so why did link survey into game every time i try collect cash from the game, it open up the survey topic :mad:

Leen de Waardt
02-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Such a pity. Not proffesional at all to implement a new aspect to the game and withfraw it so quickly. Gree should have done better research before taking those actions. I am very dissapointed. And now they have withdraw the accomplices before the battle has started. So the information on the forum has become unreliable as well. Bad start of the new editor.

stepxhenlockwood17
02-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Start by going to your email....collect the confirmation numbers on the reciept given for purchase of gold.....probably multiples....then go to google play or apple. Select help option. Search refund request! Give them the number off reciept. Give the details that you paid for services that was to be permanent but have been removed. Give all the details. I did. I promise that something will happen from this if all willl do their part. Google and apple are the ones to talk too. They dont want their names tarnished for harboring scammers.

Cain!!
02-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Hi are there plans afoot to change the battle formula to the way it was pre accomplice/kingpin. It would be nice to at least try and rob the monsters on my rivals list. If not I will adjust my game accordingly and rob the weaker ones.
thank you. Happy gaming buddy

Savages
02-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Classic gree

Carrie Lyddan
02-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Okayim done can I play

gtisdale
02-21-2015, 04:55 AM
That survey keep popping up ?????

paglerusa
02-21-2015, 06:19 AM
This stuoid survey keeps popping up even after completing and refuses to return me to Crime City Game...I have been going aroundin a loop since yesterday evening...not a very good way of keeping players engaged!....:mad:

mulabenzy
02-21-2015, 06:34 AM
Just hit the x at the top right of the screen to cancel the survey

kids
02-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Start by going to your email....collect the confirmation numbers on the reciept given for purchase of gold.....probably multiples....then go to google play or apple. Select help option. Search refund request! Give them the number off reciept. Give the details that you paid for services that was to be permanent but have been removed. Give all the details. I did. I promise that something will happen from this if all willl do their part. Google and apple are the ones to talk too. They dont want their names tarnished for harboring scammers.

very good idea

if they don't care about their customers they might care about the companies that maintain their money

cia
02-22-2015, 12:09 AM
This stuoid survey keeps popping up even after completing and refuses to return me to Crime City Game...I have been going aroundin a loop since yesterday evening...not a very good way of keeping players engaged!....:mad:

Lol in game hit the back tab before you try to collect cash, that will end the auto redirect to here, then play the game, you will also see the games shade change to a tad brighter. I hope this resolves any issue you have launching the game

cia
02-22-2015, 12:19 AM

And I want them back! Life is about change as the game should be adapt thank you !!!!!! or complain till you get you're way. See how that works for you in life sigh......

meanmillie
02-22-2015, 06:29 AM
Every time I come on the game. It brings me to this forum. I just want to play the game. That's all.

polly
02-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Look in top right hand corner before tapping to collect. If there is a red square there, tap it.

Seems gree has mad an invisible pop up.

Coldsteel_ac
02-26-2015, 03:46 PM
I liked accomplice additions! Rewarded active players over historical gold spenders and campers... lots of both out there.

Happyperson1
03-06-2015, 05:41 AM
Accomplices and Kingpin -- when announced, we're going to be 50% of the calculation to decide robberies and attacks. 50%. As in half.
Whining ensued.
Then Accomplices not used in war calculations but still everyday robberies and attacks. But that never really worked while a war was on. During the 7 day war, it became quite clear that Accomplices were useless.
Future --- no one knows but how can they ever be used in a way to come close to the potency of 50% of a player's attack or defense.

I try not to kill GREE. In the early days, Agent Smith and other bots roamed the CC landscape. Not anymore and GREE deserves praise for this. But Accomplices have been an error of unprecedented magnitude. GREE can do whatever it wants but riddle me this --what if baseball announced that all home runs oVer the right field fence were now worth 2 runs. And in response, MLB execs started paying enormous sums for left-handed players who were quick and strong enough to pull the ball over right field. And then after all the contracts were signed, the Commissioner said -- Nevermind.

I think the execs who shelled out all the money to the left handers would be going crazy. And you know, that's how I feel -- manipulated and crazy.
(give me a break on the baseball analogy; definitely not area of expertise. Lol)

Winnson
03-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Many of us have duplicate accomplices.

Will those also be accounted for in their new and exciting update, or will they just disappear?

Red BD
03-06-2015, 03:37 PM
OK, maybe stuff happened when I slept, but I never purchased an Accomplice- not with Gold or $ or the sweat of my brow. Yet I had them and they often helped me prevail and I LIKED them (or the concept) because they gave the game a randomness not totally unlike real life. Oo oops, gotta get back to the battle.....

Weasel
03-08-2015, 01:25 AM
Accomplices and Kingpin -- when announced, we're going to be 50% of the calculation to decide robberies and attacks. 50%. As in half.
Whining ensued.
Then Accomplices not used in war calculations but still everyday robberies and attacks. But that never really worked while a war was on. During the 7 day war, it became quite clear that Accomplices were useless.

Just wanted to point out that the accomplices were in full use until either the beginning of the 7 day war or no more than hours prior to same war. They have not been used in attack or robbery calculations since.

Future --- no one knows but how can they ever be used in a way to come close to the potency of 50% of a player's attack or defense.

IMHO, Gree was wrong to introduce accomplices at all, however, were it actually a necessary move, the first attempt was botched. That's OK, there is nothing inherently wrong with making mistakes. The important part is learning from the mistake before, during, and after the mistake has been corrected.

I try not to kill GREE. In the early days, Agent Smith and other bots roamed the CC landscape. Not anymore and GREE deserves praise for this. But Accomplices have been an error of unprecedented magnitude. GREE can do whatever it wants but riddle me this --what if baseball announced that all home runs oVer the right field fence were now worth 2 runs. And in response, MLB execs started paying enormous sums for left-handed players who were quick and strong enough to pull the ball over right field. And then after all the contracts were signed, the Commissioner said -- Nevermind.

I think the execs who shelled out all the money to the left handers would be going crazy. And you know, that's how I feel -- manipulated and crazy.
(give me a break on the baseball analogy; definitely not area of expertise. Lol)

The only hole I can think of with your baseball analogy is that, if I understand correctly, the league, owners, managers, player's association, etc., would all have to agree to such a rule change. I could be mistaken here, but I also believe when such agreements are made they cannot be changed or revoked mid-season.

Do you think Gree would ever go to such extensive lengths to communicate with all parties affected? (Rhetorical)

Happyperson1
03-08-2015, 03:18 AM
Yes learning from a mistake is important. Rectifying large financial losses by others caused by your mistake is even more important.

John_Locke
03-09-2015, 10:57 AM
You want to know the definition of insanity? Introducing accomplices, having accomplices fail miserably, then reintroducing them. Just let them die.

And no, I'm not going to post in the announcement forum. This isn't an announcement, it's a discussion.

Weasel
03-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Yes learning from a mistake is important. Rectifying large financial losses by others caused by your mistake is even more important.

In freemium gaming, any time and every time you pay the developer for an in game currency you are paying for the product as is. It's a shame that so many educational systems have failed to develop the intelligence of so many individuals, to the point where corporations take advantage of their lack of intelligence as a business model.

The people paying large sums of money really need to understand they are paying for the product as is, with no guarantees about the future of the product. Is that a good thing? I guess it's up to each individual to determine where they spend their money, but common sense suggests a freemium game is likely one of the last places on earth that anyone should spend money.

Especially if that game is run by Gree.

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-09-2015, 11:15 AM
I second this centiment. I was of this mind from the beginning.

Weasel
03-09-2015, 11:27 AM
You want to know the definition of insanity? Introducing accomplices, having accomplices fail miserably, then reintroducing them. Just let them die.

And no, I'm not going to post in the announcement forum. This isn't an announcement, it's a discussion.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/e7/e705cc63fc112a77ac0492692772853a9c0ca831ff90115706 d57625218c5320.jpg

Rodimus
03-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Once they do reintroduce accomplices with new play mechanics, players will be chompin' at the bit to get 'em.

Winnson
03-09-2015, 11:51 AM
I bet our duplicate accomplices have already died.

RIP Paul Ringo Wei, Zander Hicks, and many other dupes whose names I can't be assed to remember.

RIP

Nighteg
03-09-2015, 12:12 PM

http://www.troll.me/images2/goat-anymore/the-truth-has-been-spoken.jpg

Winnson
03-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Make them a mini game somehow!

Winnson
03-09-2015, 12:16 PM
I want to watch one of my Paul Ringo Weis drive a car!

polly
03-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Just add their stats without separating them in the math algorithm.

Relic
03-09-2015, 12:57 PM

I'll move it over to the appropriate thread then.

Nighteg
03-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Turn each accomplice into a -10% HP regen mod.

ohlo-00
03-09-2015, 02:30 PM
1 accomplice ----> + 1,000,000 att/def stats

Nighteg
03-09-2015, 02:31 PM
I don't like atk/def stats.

Weasel
03-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Accomplices should be used to heal me faster during wars, bosseES, and street assault, or they could be used to turn unused items into something relevant, like modifiers of various sorts.

I have a newer account with fewer than 1200 items. My oldest account has something close to 60,000 items. Regardless of the device on which I try to open either account, the old one takes nearly a full minute (if not longer) to load while the new one takes about 5-10 seconds.

Doing something to rid the servers of what I can only imagine must be literally billions of unused items might be something Gree should explore. It could easily result in less load time, less lag, possibly lower data charges for those using their cellular data, etc.

Rodimus
03-09-2015, 06:55 PM
If you ever played War of Nations, accomplices should be just like commanders in that game. Accomplices could be merged and fused with the same type and name to grow in atk/def stats. Continue to merge/fuse accomplices will in turn add even more depth to the playing field. Make it happen, Gree...so I can say, "I KNEW IT!"

Vile Lynn
03-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Attention Crime Lords!

...been almost a month.

How about some "more details"?

John_Locke
03-10-2015, 09:48 AM
I'll move it over to the appropriate thread then.

How about you don't.

Dctrbar
03-13-2015, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Weasel;1483247.
Doing something to rid the servers of what I can only imagine must be literally billions of unused items might be something Gree should explore. It could easily result in less load time, less lag, possibly lower data charges for those using their cellular data, etc.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. Why not allow us to sell back unused weapons to the equipment store for 1/10 original value at least? Heck, I would be happy just having a delete button so I could remove them from my inventory.

sister morphine
03-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Excellent point. Why not allow us to sell back unused weapons to the equipment store for 1/10 original value at least? Heck, I would be happy just having a delete button so I could remove them from my inventory.
Trading unused items in has been available in MW for a while. Human nature being what it is, a lot of people have spent billions in game cash buying store items and then trading them in to get valor points (respect in this game) :p

wawoftam
03-16-2015, 12:31 AM
Can one assume that all those that got refunds from external outlets have had their accomplices removed? It would only seem fair to those that read OP and are awaiting further news

Dat Guy
03-16-2015, 01:45 AM
Can one assume that all those that got refunds from external outlets have had their accomplices removed? It would only seem fair to those that read OP and are awaiting further news

I had my accomplices removed, and I have never felt better!

Camper
03-18-2015, 08:39 PM
So where the hell is the "update" for our usless accomplices. Gree, is short of usless when it comes to " customer service"!. OMG, am I really posting a slight hope of expectation of decency from them? ?...............Hell no!!!

John_Locke
03-30-2015, 02:31 AM
Accomplices aren't anything other than additional attack and defense stats; they offer nothing new. I'm just spitballing here, but what if accomplices acted like actual contacts in the crime world; you know, like one was an arms dealer and unlocked an extra item in the store, or one was a bookie that unlocked a mini game?

One could be a corrupt land owner that gave you an extra expansion automatically, or that unlocked a new money building.

One could be a mob boss that temporarily increased the number of mafia members you could use, like an activated ability; if you had multiple of these accomplices, you could choose how many to activate. That way, if you're going on vacation, you'd have extra defense for a few days.

Speaking of which, one could be a military General who could have the ability to put your hood in emergency lockdown. Payout for your buildings would be halted, but no one could fight or rob you. Perfect for vacations.

Winnson
03-30-2015, 05:49 AM
The update is there is no update and your account is now obsolete anyway.

These new super-powered mini accounts? Yeah, they have no accomplices attached to them.

All fixed!

Killer p
03-31-2015, 11:22 PM
So is there any update regarding accomplices?? Its been almost 2 months since they were removed and we were told they would still factor in the game!

hexie
03-31-2015, 11:37 PM
GREE, why not just add four of five zeroes to the end of the A and D stat of each accomplice and flip their types to items in a corresponding category?

Eg, Dem-> Exp, Driv->Veh, Gun->Gun, Musc->Mel, Assa->Mel, Tech->Arm.

Maybe if you were feeling particularly altruistic, you could put an interesting mod on the ones which were hard fought for such as those awarded as top 100 and above indi prizes and top 10 and above syn prizes.

sister morphine
04-01-2015, 12:41 AM
GREE, why not just add four of five zeroes to the end of the A and D stat of each accomplice and flip their types to items in a corresponding category?

Maybe if you were feeling particularly altruistic, you could put an interesting mod on the ones which were hard fought for such as those awarded as top 100 and above indi prizes and top 10 and above syn prizes.
Or simply convert the stats of those won during events into modifiers along the same lines. It should be the larger of the two stats that gets converted not both.

In this case I'd make Assassins > Melee, Muscle > Armour, and Tech > Mafia.

Sorry, but accomplices bought from bundles should be converted to stats as above not turned into mods if they went down this route.

ohlo-00
04-01-2015, 09:26 AM

Souds good to me. Switching accomplices to item + few 0s. Little Higher RAW stats for long time players

Winnson
04-01-2015, 10:26 AM
No way man. Each accomplice should become an extra mafia member, and that includes the duplicates.

That was a bone-up of epic proportions and in light of the recent mini stat blowup, it would be a very cool thing to do.

Wouldn't level the playing field by any stretch, but it would be a very nice gesture.

Gree could use a nice gesture right about now.

Each Accomplice = 1 extra mafia member.

Fair dinkum mate.

Winnson
04-01-2015, 10:29 AM
You could even call them henchmen. That would be epic.

Winnson
04-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Put a cap limit on it if some players have hundreds of them.

A reasonable cap limit, like 50, not something stupid like three.

You're welcome.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/122505/do-it-o.gif

Gungho
04-08-2015, 06:20 AM
Think its time to get an official update on the issue. Several in my syndicate quit when it was introduced. Several quit when some didn't have any targets, and several quit when it was removed. Several got refunds from Apple, but for us who has gold bought over 3 months its not possible to get a refund, so personal I would love to get some of that back.

deepgatoscloset
04-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Two months, still waiting....

Red BD
04-11-2015, 05:00 PM
I think they forgot... Someone should put One Shot on it!
Z(no sir, I would not know what sarcasm is- please don't shut this down... No, not me either!!)

John_Locke
04-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Accomplices aren't anything other than additional attack and defense stats; they offer nothing new. I'm just spitballing here, but what if accomplices acted like actual contacts in the crime world; you know, like one was an arms dealer and unlocked an extra item in the store, or one was a bookie that unlocked a mini game?

One could be a corrupt land owner that gave you an extra expansion automatically, or that unlocked a new money building.

One could be a mob boss that temporarily increased the number of mafia members you could use, like an activated ability; if you had multiple of these accomplices, you could choose how many to activate. That way, if you're going on vacation, you'd have extra defense for a few days.

Speaking of which, one could be a military General who could have the ability to put your hood in emergency lockdown. Payout for your buildings would be halted, but no one could fight or rob you. Perfect for vacations.

I'd like this commented on. Are the developers discussing it?

Luv4UR Mom
04-16-2015, 09:36 PM
Just following-up on the much anticipated update on accomplices.

I'm sure you're almost ready to release new info!

Winnson
04-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Listen, they can't even get an SA event to start right.

The accomplice thing might need a wee bit more time.

Cain!!
04-19-2015, 11:07 PM
What is the plan for these accomplices.

*Language edited*

Babytway
04-20-2015, 10:14 AM
They don't know the plan, to throw you off track in hope you just forget about accomplices they re-introduced stat inflation on insane levels(even though accomplices was a measure to control stat inflation)

Red BD
04-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Dear Gree Folks:
I think it would be greatly appreciated if you would tell your loyal players the status of these fictional criminals you call "accomplices."

No criticism intended, but at this point do you not agree that "we're hard at work on this one" is a better "update" in a thread Gree entitled "Update...." Than is hiding under the computer hoping your customers "forget" - as is I guess what happened with the "henchmen" of which some speak?

Not a jab, critique or satire- just a suggestion from a player who liked the accomplices, but never paid for one - perhaps because I couldn't figure that one out.

Dipstik
04-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Lol... You obviously have no idea what henchmen do...

SilentAssassin
04-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Lol this is just getting dumb... How long is this going to go on?

CC Don
04-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Too much time has passed, too many new accounts have started playing since they were removed. Re-introducing accomplices would probably only work if their new role was a rather minor one, or if we were about to see a huge accomplice stat inflation so that all previously earned (or bought) accomplices would become nearly worthless.
In any case, people who spent gold on them (and didn't get a refund) won't be happy.

Winnson
04-30-2015, 09:42 AM
I have 2 Zander Hicks (demolition) and 2 Paul Ringo Weis (driver), but I am slowly forgetting the rest of them.

This may wind up being the longest stickied thread ever before that whole accomplice thing is sorted out.

I am not changing my signature until this is resolved. Heck, I might never change it anyway.

Killer p
05-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Ill just pop in here now and then to ask, WHATS THE UPDATE REGARDING ACCOMPLICES? honestly i dont think the mods even visit this thread anymore, may be worth opening a new one!