PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Equipment

GREE Official Updates
02-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Attention Soldiers!

Exciting update: Beginning with World Domination, Germany, Soldier Equipment will no longer factor into battle calculations. Though all Soldier Equipment you've recruited will still remain in your inventory, battle calculations will be calculated using only Army Stats. We hope you enjoy the classic World Domination and build the strongest army to dominate and defeat! More details to come on how Soldier Equipment will be used to enhance your army.

Thank you for all your feedback on Modern War features. We continue to integrate your comments into our game development - striving to provide you with an enjoyable gaming experience.

2000y2k
02-12-2015, 12:28 PM
So will equipment be taken out of PVP attacks not related to WD as well?

Kefa
02-12-2015, 12:46 PM
Attention Soldiers!

Exciting update: Beginning with World Domination, Germany, Soldier Equipment will no longer factor into battle calculations. Though all Soldier Equipment you've recruited will still remain in your inventory, battle calculations will be calculated using only Army Stats. We hope you enjoy the classic World Domination and build the strongest army to dominate and defeat! More details to come on how Soldier Equipment will be used to enhance your army.

Thank you for all your feedback on Modern War features. We continue to integrate your comments into our game development - striving to provide you with an enjoyable gaming experience.

So, let me make sure I have this right. Basically, what you are telling us, is that all the sleepless nights, extra time and MONEY spent on picking up all these equipment pieces in order to gain and maintain an advantage in WD will now NOT be applied in WD? And you'll let us know at some point in the future how all these hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars spent will again be made useful?? Is that right? Is there more to that?

truthteller
02-12-2015, 12:48 PM
So, let me make sure I have this right. Basically, what you are telling us, is that all the sleepless nights, extra time and MONEY spent on picking up all these equipment pieces in order to gain and maintain an advantage in WD will now NOT be applied in WD? And you'll let us know at some point in the future how all these hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars spent will again be made useful?? Is that right? Is there more to that?

I am pretty sure in the very near future, equipment will be use for EB

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-12-2015, 12:50 PM

Your understanding of the post, and your recitation of that understanding seems accurate, Kefa.
Beyond you excellent dissection of the TOP POST, that's about all we can expect.
I suspect the results of the previous WD were less than stellar, hence this modification.
If players would simply cogitate on the above action, repeat the actions of the past month, things would begin to get MUCH netter!

Modern War Forum GF
02-12-2015, 12:52 PM

Attention Soldiers!

GREE.. Calling this an exciting update is nothing short of a:

1:Kick in nutz
2:Plain insult
3:do I Really need to go on??

INCREDIBLE how you Guys at GREE keep achieving upsetting an entire gaming community with near all chances you get

furey
02-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Attention Soldiers!

That sucks. If its strictly defense could you at least fix the defensive stats. I see 12 billion defense. When others look, they see 20 billion. Have sent tickets to no avail.

Ozymandias
02-12-2015, 01:00 PM
To be fair this was a bit of a no win situation... Either keep the equipment in the face to lots of negative feedback, or dump it and Annoy all those who had chased it.

Tony81
02-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Attention Soldiers!

Let's start this by saying I'll be banned for a few days...

You are the most incompetent company on the planet. What makes you think that taking away something we have worked towards should be classified as exciting news. I'd love for once, someone at Gree saying "ya know what we don't know what we're doing and honestly, we're not even trying."

Let me know when you give back gold and xp earned. All we' re received from you in the past year is a swift kick in the ass. You are driving this game into the grave and a lot of people that play it only do because of the time and money we've invested and the friendships we've gained. It's not even fun any more.

Wake up Gree. Quit sugar coating things and calling it a donut.

Ozymandias
02-12-2015, 01:03 PM
It would indeed be good to understand what has happened to defence stats, and also whether attacker defence vs defender attack will still play a role

Ozymandias
02-12-2015, 01:06 PM
can we ban use of the words "fun" and "exciting" on the forum... ?

Modern War Forum GF
02-12-2015, 01:09 PM
can we ban use of the words "fun" and "exciting" on the forum... ?

OMG .. Best post EVER ;)

MW Flake
02-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Agreed Ozy. The real shame is they could have avoided all of it if they had just listened from the get go.

Listened to the KA community.

Listened to the beta testers.

Listened to us before it arrived.

Listened to us shortly after it arrived.

Do you see the recurring theme here Gree? Three of the four worst months ever in the history of this game could have been totally avoided, if you had merely done in the beginning what we've asked for all along. Instead, now that you've done the right thing, it will still haunt you because you've waited so long for the reasons others have stated above. We've begged for months now for any kind of sign that we were heard in the official feedback thread, with nothing but stone cold silence thrown our way.

To the rest of the community, while I know many are beyond angered, remember this. It is what we asked for. Just months too late. Take it as a tiny win, or at least a draw, that the community was heard and responded to. It's not much, but it's something. On its own it doesn't mean much, but IF It's the first in a long line of things to come, then it's not without merit.

ezmunie
02-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Geez, why keep beating a dead horse?

They tried a new feature. It didn't work for all and many voices complained. They've done away with the new feature and put it back the way most folks wanted. Give it a rest.

Thank you for the announcement. I'll pass it along to my faction.

Agent Orange
02-12-2015, 01:17 PM
F
Agreed Ozy. The real shame is they could have avoided all of it if they had just listened from the get go.

Do you see the recurring theme here Gree? Three of the four worst months ever in the history of this game could have been totally avoided, if you had merely done in the beginning what we've asked for all along. Instead, now that you've done the right thing, it will still haunt you because you've waited so long for the reasons others have stated above.

Sadly so true, if they had listened in the first place or acted swiftly when it was still in it's infancy then this would be logical. However by NOT saying squat and then suddenly and without any warning springing it while an event is STILLdropping said useless pieces is truly beyond belief. Yeah I get that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't but incompetent doesn't come even remotely close to how this mess was handled.

Kefa
02-12-2015, 01:17 PM

Do you see the recurring theme here Gree? Three of the four worst months ever in the history of this game could have been totally avoided, if you had merely done in the beginning what we've asked for all along. Instead, now that you've done the right thing, it will still haunt you because you've waited so long for the reasons others have stated above.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Web323
02-12-2015, 01:19 PM

Not to mention the countless number of players that left the game due to it making accounts worthless.

Bone Daddy
02-12-2015, 01:20 PM
Soooooo you accidently deleted my account for 2 weeks, the week equipment was released.

I got my ass kicked in two WD events since my equipment, was, as my wife would say, less than adequate when compared to others.

I have gone stark crazy and blown through 4 vaults since getting my account back, so I could increase the size of my equipment.

And now I don't need equipment. I should of just purchased a strap on.

Rant over, drop the ban hammer if you wish.

smbass77
02-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Some people complained about the equipment, and now they are complaining it is not used in WDE. No wonder GRee doesn't listen.....some do nothing complain. Give it a rest guys.

Thanks for listening Gree

MW Flake
02-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Give it a little time to see how it plays out. It seems it will still have value, just not in the same way. I may not be the waste you are making it out to be.

Note to Gree; don't take too long to find another use for it, or you will just have this mess on your hands yet again.

Kefa
02-12-2015, 01:23 PM

They tried a new feature. It didn't work for all and many voices complained. They've done away with the new feature and put it back the way most folks wanted. Give it a rest.

Imagine being told, "this is what a car looks like now. It's the only kind of car you're allowed to drive on these roads from now on. It cost's this much. If you want to keep driving on these roads, you have to buy this car", then AFTER shelling out the time and money, you're told, "Exciting News! That car you bought is now no longer permitted to be driven on these roads, and you can go back to driving your old car that you ALREADY HAD before you spent the money".

The announcement was made less than an hour ago. The horse is not dead, and the money spent on what we were told was now part of the game going forward was spent on something that is now temporarily worthless, and likely to remain diminished in value to the point that it never would have been spent had we known.

Sparkle
02-12-2015, 01:33 PM
More details to come on how Soldier Equipment will be used to enhance your army.

We'll be back

ezmunie
02-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Thing is, it was part of the game going forward. They tried a new feature and after a couple of wars, not all the features work for all the guys. Instead of putting man hours into trying to satisfy everyone, while everyone was raising cane about it, they decide to dump it.

You chose to spend money on it. Many didn't. Regardless, the equipment is still in your inventory and I'm sure they implement it to your advantage at some point.

Patience.

Kefa
02-12-2015, 01:46 PM
http://forums.gree.net/announcement.php?f=30

Skittles711
02-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Some people complained about the equipment, and now they are complaining it is not used in WDE. No wonder GRee doesn't listen.....some do nothing complain. Give it a rest guys.

Thanks for listening Gree

Once equipment was applied the game was changed. Once player spent gold on events to obtain said equipment there was no turning back. The rules of engagement had been adjusted and game play adjusted accordingly. Even crate events became more important because the had hi level (9?) equipment.

So to just suddenly make the equipment useless is not fair to those who proceeded with Gree's update. It just wipes out all of the time spent.

Tony81
02-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Thing is, it was part of the game going forward. They tried a new feature and after a couple of wars, not all the features work for all the guys. Instead of putting man hours into trying to satisfy everyone, while everyone was raising cane about it, they decide to dump it.

You chose to spend money on it. Many didn't. You can't up and demand a refund for your poor choice. Regardless, the equipment is still in your inventory and I'm sure they implement it to your advantage at some point.

Patience.

Please do explain how going after equipment was a poor choice by the players. I swear, some trolls appear just to give themself a stiffie.

Gree screwed up once again. You can't just erase something that people spent time and money on and say "exciting news!"

Greeny1
02-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Well glad to see Gree have come to their senses on this. But it's doesn't mean people will not agree as they have spent time and money to gain worthless stats, and they are still giving them out as ltq prizes now! My question is do we keep collecting them or are they going to be completely worthless? Also when will this be taken into account, will pvp be back to the old way as from now aswell?

sstuutss
02-12-2015, 02:20 PM
l
Late with the news as ever Gree and still closingbthreads to make it look like you were first.
Why not say 'we can't get it to work we're removing it' instead of the complete load of ummm 'exciting news' you're trying to feed us?
You didn't listen so stop trying to make it look like you're listening now, it's to late for many they are long gone and you know it. reap what you sow guys, then take a big spoon and you try eatting it.

p.s. I'm not expecting a reply to this post or any other post in this thread, thats how communication goes around here.

AgentCoulsen
02-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Attention Soldiers!

ok..everybody spend time money etc etc..

here is an idea!

since it will be not used anymore can we recycle it in a realistic way gold or unit's with decent deff/health regen I don't know bring it on!

ezmunie
02-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Please do explain how going after equipment was a poor choice by the players. I swear, some trolls appear just to give themself a stiffie.

Gree screwed up once again. You can't just erase something that people spent time and money on and say "exciting news!"

Going after equipment wasn't a poor choice... spending money on it was.

For many who have done nothing but complain about the equipment thing from the start, it should be "exciting news" now that they've gotten their way and it's gone. Congrats complainers!

J1mcrane
02-12-2015, 03:00 PM
I think the biggest mistake Gree have made here is allowing the soldier equipment to carry on and on. I can't say I'm disappointed that it's been removed but do feel for those that chased it, especially if you used gold.
The fact that Gree allowed it to continue on without any communication and suddenly removed it really does mean that they can't win. If only they had followed through with their communication drive, this could of all been avoided.

On a personal note, I won't miss it and glad I refused to chase it down!

TF160
02-12-2015, 03:05 PM
here is an idea!

since it will be not used anymore can we recycle it in a realistic way gold or unit's with decent deff/health regen I don't know bring it on!

Seems like the least they could do.
They set the goal and we aimed for the best we could get. They can't just change their minds without giving us some reward for our individual efforts.

Skittles711
02-12-2015, 03:13 PM

here is an idea!

Sounds like a good idea in theory however they have not even provided a way to see all of the equipment. So there would be no way to recycle.

Bobar
02-12-2015, 03:42 PM
do i get this right: you are just talking about SOLDIER EQ, not eq in general? The EQ is still necessary for the army, right?

Merc_mw
02-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Is it too late to say, Hey I like the equipment concept!

Just askin

WBS
02-12-2015, 04:12 PM
I wonder if the huge gold spenders will still spend? I understand it's up to them but common sense would say you can't trust this company anymore. We chase the equipment and now it's of a use we don't know yet. This game is not fun like it used to be.

East Coast Bias
02-12-2015, 04:12 PM
WTF. Are you telling me that I won't need to input "Gree Sux 69 666M 123 16" anymore?

GeoffW
02-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Attention Soldiers!

I actually liked the introduction of equipment, it adds a fresh element to the game. Yes there are some problems but its early days and these can be resolved.

So no, I am not excited by your sudden announcement that it no longer counts. It makes a nonsense of any attempt at strategic planning. Many of us have worked at obtaining equipment, sometimes at the expense of building attack/defence. If you really felt it right to change the way equipment is going to be used at the least you could have had the new scheme ready to bring in at the same time the old one was phased out. And how can you feel it right to announce that equipment is valueless in the middle of an ltq where equipment features heavily in the prize list?

2000y2k
02-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks for answering the many questions we all have posted in this thread and clarifying our understanding of the changes to the game Gree.

For a minute I thought unpaid Mods would just edit multiple posts and not make a single reply. Thanks for not posting and calling it a weekend! Now let me grab my credit card for more fun.

sstuutss
02-12-2015, 04:37 PM
*And how can you feel it right to announce that equipment is valueless in the middle of an ltq where equipment features heavily in the prize list?
Well in fairness to gree I think they had no intension of announcing it in the middle of the LTQ. I'm sure they would have rather waited until it was over

For many who have done nothing but complain about the equipment thing from the start, it should be "exciting news" now that they've gotten their way and it's gone. Congrats complainers!
Do you really think gree is removing it becuase of complaints? If so then I have a bridge you might like to buy.

Kefa
02-12-2015, 04:40 PM

here is an idea!

Brilliant! THIS would make it right... allow us to recycle all of it at a value that would be comparable with what it cost to acquire. Fwiw, the Kevlar Vest from the first crate is comparable to about 75 health packs in gold lockbox timer-resets & opens vs gold health pack bulk buys. The rest of it is worth a little less, even though the first carbine rifle for the first 5.0 WD cost the same as the Kevlar Vest before it was later offered in LTQs.

Relic
02-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Thanks for answering the many questions we all have posted in this thread and clarifying our understanding of the changes to the game Gree.

For a minute I thought unpaid Mods would just edit multiple posts and not make a single reply. Thanks for not posting and calling it a weekend! Now let me grab my credit card for more fun.

I'm here! It's been a busy day and it's taken me a while to get back to this thread, but I'm here.

The announcement says that there will be more information coming. I'll be sure to pass along your questions to the development team so they can hopefully answer them all when the info is available.

dan2407
02-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Relic before I use energy to farm equipment can you tell me weather it will be used again?

bam bam.
02-12-2015, 05:45 PM
I am pretty sure in the very near future, equipment will be use for EB

God noooooooooooooooooo

MW Flake
02-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Look at the bright side. KA now has a 6 day WD.

bam bam.
02-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Imagine being told, "this is what a car looks like now. It's the only kind of car you're allowed to drive on these roads from now on. It cost's this much. If you want to keep driving on these roads, you have to buy this car", then AFTER shelling out the time and money, you're told, "Exciting News! That car you bought is now no longer permitted to be driven on these roads, and you can go back to driving your old car that you ALREADY HAD before you spent the money".

The announcement was made less than an hour ago. The horse is not dead, and the money spent on what we were told was now part of the game going forward was spent on something that is now temporarily worthless, and likely to remain diminished in value to the point that it never would have been spent had we known.

Yes, but isn't that exciting news!, bahaha

East Coast Bias
02-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Guys, they don't want to say it won't ever be used because that would open them up to refund requests, etc. They are playing this very cute on purpose. Don't look for a straight answer, and remember Relic doesn't know anything as he's new.

rambo 1st blood
02-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Guys, they don't want to say it won't ever be used because that would open them up to refund requests, etc. They are playing this very cute on purpose. Don't look for a straight answer, and remember Relic doesn't know anything as he's new.

If GREE take away equipment away at all than by law they must refund every single cent that was spent acquiring these pieces of equipment by every single player. It is illegal to sell an item on the internet and then decieve someone which is exactly what they are about to do

sbs2716g
02-12-2015, 07:07 PM

Speaking of it , I have 100 frontline unit which cost 5 gold each (which I accidentally bought when tapping too fast) are gone from my inventory.

Laurence1
02-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Lost for words

Laurence1
02-12-2015, 08:06 PM
No not lost for words.. If I did something like this in my company, I would be fired quicker than you could blink..
In any business the customer is always right even when they are wrong. Customer relations 101

DieselPowered
02-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Gree, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I, as well as many others, have hated this equipment. I tried to like it, chasing more gear, to try and stay somewhat competitive. I gave it a chance and still did not like it. I am glad that this is being removed from WD. I do hope that you will come up with a NEW event that will utilize what we have chased to some kind use as opposed to just being a waste of time energy and money. Speaking for myself, and most of my faction members, thank you!

Preacher Wolf
02-12-2015, 09:24 PM
A lot of people did not like the equipment, but the issue is not if we liked it or not. It's that gree put us in a position to have to spend money on gold so that we could get the equipment to stay competitive and then they take it away and say they are going to use it in away that we don't even know if we are going to use it or not. Heck we don't even know when they plan on releasing a update to use the equipment again. They have screwed us over time and time again and this time they really screwed up. According to itunes customer service gree can not advertise something that people pay money to get and then use it for something else.

MoD
02-13-2015, 12:21 AM
Attention Soldiers!

I will not be another GREE basher here as I still play the game and will go on playing. I guess at one point I will be upset enough and quit. Or even not that; one day I will overcome my addiction and quit.

So, as I want to still play and compete (probably as many others), and knowing that ranting will not help a bit, I will try to figure out what the OP was trying to say - as i fear I might not have understood everything correctly. And as I tend to seek hidden messages in GREE's communication, due to being *beep* in the *beep* too many times to be trustful.

Message: Soldier Equipment will no longer factor into battle calculations.
Question 1: Will Army Equipment also no longer factor into battle calculations?
Question 2: Will all equipment be of no effect in any action in MW for the time being?

Message: ...battle calculations will be calculated using only Army Stats.
Question 1: Are these army stats including the equipment?

You see, GREE, for me this message was not clear enough, so please clarify. It might be due to the language barrier. Then still clarify for me and all non native english speakers. Thank you.

Ozymandias
02-13-2015, 01:01 AM
also will attacker defence vs Defender attack still figure in the battle calculation (if indeed it still does).

Where are we are getting a response as to why defence stats during raids and attacks are significantly less than stated in profiles.

Thanks

MW Flake
02-13-2015, 01:19 AM
If GREE take away equipment away at all than by law they must refund every single cent that was spent acquiring these pieces of equipment by every single player. It is illegal to sell an item on the internet and then decieve someone which is exactly what they are about to do

Get over it. You spent your money to purchase "gold". Gree gave you gold. What you did with it afterwards does not constitute any type of legal transaction.

Theblacklamp
02-13-2015, 02:46 AM
I will not be another GREE basher here as I still play the game and will go on playing. I guess at one point I will be upset enough and quit. Or even not that; one day I will overcome my addiction and quit.

So, as I want to still play and compete (probably as many others), and knowing that ranting will not help a bit, I will try to figure out what the OP was trying to say - as i fear I might not have understood everything correctly. And as I tend to seek hidden messages in GREE's communication, due to being *beep* in the *beep* too many times to be trustful.

Question 2: Will all equipment be of no effect in any action in MW for the time being?

You see, GREE, for me this message was not clear enough, so please clarify. It might be due to the language barrier. Then still clarify for me and all non native english speakers. Thank you.

Good questions. I was wondering the same

Preacher Wolf
02-13-2015, 04:28 AM
Get over it. You spent your money to purchase "gold". Gree gave you gold. What you did with it afterwards does not constitute any type of legal transaction.

Attually you are wrong. Gree can't advertise something and then after people spent time and money on it and then change it for what it was originally intended for.

snozuloz
02-13-2015, 05:14 AM

Looks like gree has another employee right here. How about they got rid of it when we all asked for it. Not after 3 months of putting equip items out for us to chase and use gold to get.

Bluehavana2
02-13-2015, 05:50 AM
Well in fairness to gree I think they had no intension of announcing it in the middle of the LTQ. I'm sure they would have rather waited until it was over

How could they not announce in the middle an ltq? The ltqs are freakin continuous!

jeffvan
02-13-2015, 06:10 AM
Here I thought online gambling was a big waste of time. Opps, my mistake, this just became a new niche market of games called "online war gambling"!

R Ingersoll
02-13-2015, 06:21 AM
It seems a lot like the "coke/new coke" marketing scheme years ago. They release pure crap and make us beg for the original product that was going down hill any ways. This way, it can still be full of glitches, lost gold, severe lag, impossible missions to complete without mortgaging the house, form letter customer service, and communication that makes smoke signals seem like a fiber optic connection. But we will be happier with the new/old crap, because they sifted the peanuts out of it before cramming it back down our throats.

Z-Infierno
02-13-2015, 06:50 AM
https://i.groupme.com/720x720.jpeg.bcbe23f34c6c4c38a798b6ff2505308a.larg e

MW Flake
02-13-2015, 07:12 AM
Attually you are wrong. Gree can't advertise something and then after people spent time and money on it and then change it for what it was originally intended for.

The only thing they advertised for sale was fake Gree gold. They gave fake gree gold.

Can you show me anywhere, the advertised price for any single piece of equipment? Be it in legal tender, or fake Gree gold? Didn't think so.

So you used your non-legal tender fake Gree gold to get health packs, or energy refills, or whatever in the game which you got and used to finish an event. And at the end of the event you got the little fake sunglasses that were the reward for finishing it.

Tell me now, where did Gree sell you something different than what was advertised? Because the only legal transaction that took place, was buying that gold. Everything else was just a pretend function of the game. But even then, you still got exactly what you "paid" for at each step.

So now those fake sunglasses have no value to you. Neither does my Kodachrome now that there are no chemicals left to develop it. It might be wrong, it might be underhanded even, but it's not illegal.

Caveat Emptor

c0t0d0s0
02-13-2015, 08:22 AM
This is madness.

Equipment was never the problem. Equipment or not, it was the bass-ackwards battle calculation formula with defender's attack vs. attackers defense stats as a part of it that was the main source of everyone's frustration, making the battle outcome hard to predict: this part of the formula combined with wildly disproportional plain old Army Atk/Def ratios across the game was screwing everyone up (you could beat someone's defense by a substantial margin, and still lose on "counterattack" because your opponents attack could be 4x your own defense). Once Gree got rid of that part of the calculation in the last WD, battle outcomes became once again predictable, with the equipment stats playing just the part they were supposed to, adding a new dimension to the game and all that, but Gree didn't even bother to announce this fact to the players.

At this stage, leaving the game logic as-is (with equipment stats but without dedender's attack vs your defense) and clearly communicating the change to the player base would be enough to keep most everyone happy! But getting rid of equipment now makes absolutely no sense, this is basically throwing out the baby with the bath water. Not to mention a giant FU to everyone who's been spending gold on LTQs to get the equipment just to stay competitive over the last couple months...

Yay Gree :(

ezmunie
02-13-2015, 08:27 AM
Looks like gree has another employee right here. How about they got rid of it when we all asked for it. Not after 3 months of putting equip items out for us to chase and use gold to get.

I'm no employee, it just doesn't make sense to complain about something for 3 months to get rid of something, then when they do, you complain because they did exactly what you wanted.

If you're in the middle of a LTQ that's loaded with items you don't want or need, then don't do the LTQ. And if you do, then don't complain about it afterwards. Nobody made you use gold to get items you no longer need or want. It was your choice and yours alone.

Ozymandias
02-13-2015, 08:49 AM
This is madness.

Equipment was never the problem. Equipment or not, it was the bass-ackwards battle calculation formula with defender's attack vs. attackers defense stats as a part of it that was the main source of everyone's frustration, making the battle outcome hard to predict: this part of the formula combined with wildly disproportional plain old Army Atk/Def ratios across the game was screwing everyone up (you could beat someone's defense by a substantial margin, and still lose on "counterattack" because your opponents attack could be 4x your own defense). Once Gree got rid of that part of the calculation in the last WD, battle outcomes became once again predictable, with the equipment stats playing just the part they were supposed to, adding a new dimension to the game and all that, but Gree didn't even bother to announce this fact to the players.

At this stage, leaving the game logic as-is (with equipment stats but without dedender's attack vs your defense) and clearly communicating the change to the player base would be enough to keep most everyone happy! But getting rid of equipment now makes absolutely no sense, this is basically throwing out the baby with the bath water. Not to mention a giant FU to everyone who's been spending gold on LTQs to get the equipment just to stay competitive over the last couple months...

Post of the day

MW Flake
02-13-2015, 09:33 AM
The day is still young. But a contender for sure.

Kefa
02-13-2015, 09:53 AM
This is madness.

Exactly!! The battle mechanic introduced in 5.0 was so confusing to the masses that they thought it was the equipment that was making them lose, when really it was the turn-based counter attack in 99% of situations. But since the release of equipment and the "hero" elements were coupled with the introduction of a turn-based mechanic with a weighted, sliding-scale average for each category, both for the attack and the counter-attack, many people blamed the equipment for their failed attacks. Introducing turn-based math into a game that previously was a simple greater-than / less-than mechanic was bound to stir up a big mess. A few people figured it out. Cody even had docbot sorted to implement it, but they pulled it now just as the dust is settling enough for the player base to settle in. So now, the tsunami wave of frustration just heads back the other way instead of settling into a rhythm.

MW Flake
02-13-2015, 10:53 AM
This is spot on!

If I were Apple, then this is what you'd hear from me when requesting a refund.

That I'm not so sure about though. From a legal standpoint, it's all most likely legit. But from a customer service standpoint, it's a flaming nightmare. If Walmart insists on selling crap that people constantly return, it's up to Walmart to either see to it the vendor improves the quality so returns are reduced, or drop the vendor from their shelves. The same goes for apple.

None of that however should be an excuse to not do your homework first, and continually buy junk products from junk suppliers. Buy the good stuff from the good dealers, and avoid the headache in the first place.

MW Flake
02-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Aaa-firmative.

Zepson
02-15-2015, 04:50 AM
I'll be sure to pass along your questions to the development team so they can hopefully answer them all when the info is available.

Is there a development team? Are you sure? What are they developping?

levelhead
02-15-2015, 09:31 AM
That I'm not so sure about though. From a legal standpoint, it's all most likely legit. But from a customer service standpoint, it's a flaming nightmare. If Walmart insists on selling crap that people constantly return, it's up to Walmart to either see to it the vendor improves the quality so returns are reduced, or drop the vendor from their shelves. The same goes for apple.

None of that however should be an excuse to not do your homework first, and continually buy junk products from junk suppliers. Buy the good stuff from the good dealers, and avoid the headache in the first place.

Well said. I don't agree with most of the complaining much on here but thought a valid point there.

We have all been screwed over by GREE at some point. I feel sorry for both sides on this. GREE for lack of communication to everyone, on what the plans are. I thought something would have been mentioned via GREE to the community on this.
And when will ppl learn that spending loads of cash chasing something will be useless in time to come. I have been there myself and learned the hard way.

No doubt GREE will bring something in to make use of the items. Its all to do with the wording. And no doubt they will screw it up again lol
If GREE could get an icon for worst developers instead of best developer, I reckon GREE would be a big contender for it via android ;)

good gawd noooo
02-15-2015, 03:49 PM
gree dropped the equip on us without warning and it totally changed the dynamic of game . Many including myself had to focus on farming equipment. I have among the highest equipment stats for avatar and equip overall in my faction. Yet I am actually thrilled that they are (although temporarily) returning to the original format for battles. That is the style of play and game I feel in love with that is what has kept me tapping for 3 years. Yes it sucks that I wasted a ton of gold to get equipment but I was happy with how it was before equipment. Making this game more complicated isn't the answer to increasing sales. Since equipment came into play many long term players have left and I have been debating leaving as well. I like the simple play and the logical steps to take to make a strong account. adding in all these lil twist (even if mathematical) make it even more or a labour instead of relaxing simple amusement. They should also reduce the amount of events as well since as many have posted this is no longer a game it is a part time job that you have to pay to work at. Personally I am VERY happy to see equipment go away and I hope it is permanent. If only to make gree players happy they can always offer an exchange of one gold per point so if your equip value is 600/600 you get 1200 free gold. wont be as much as it cost but would be a gesture of apology

samtex666
02-16-2015, 02:06 AM
That's hilarious... Chasing equipment for nothing... Nice move Gree

Jaguar69
02-16-2015, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=GREE Official Updates;1464027]Attention Soldiers!

Exciting update: Beginning with World Domination... ... More details to come on how Soldier Equipment will be used to enhance your army.
[FONT=arial][I][I][I][COLOR=#500050]

More details will come. When? Within next Xmas??????????
I never saw in life a such poor customer service!
Try to ask to your customer if they're happy or not!

MW Flake
02-16-2015, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=GREE Official Updates;1464027]Attention Soldiers!

Exciting update: Beginning with World Domination... ... More details to come on how Soldier Equipment will be used to enhance your army.
[FONT=arial][I][I][I][COLOR=#500050]

More details will come. When? Within next Xmas??????????
I never saw in life a such poor customer service!
Try to ask to your customer if they're happy or not!

I already did http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?105578-Are-you-a-happy-customer

ezmunie
02-16-2015, 10:09 AM
Sick to death of equipment as rewards for a whole bar of energy. Not worth finishing any ltqs anymore. Just going to let my guys run amuck and not stick with any goals cause the rewards aren't worth the work.

raw2
02-16-2015, 07:38 PM
And I am sure that the announcement will be clarified here and also done in game before the next WD event has started . At least I hope I am sure . But I doubt it as I personally dont believe that anyone at GREE gives a rats behind about what is the right thing to do .

Bongo
02-17-2015, 01:29 AM
For a while now and equipment I get doesn't add to my tally on both my accounts. ..one is stuck at 735 and the other at 932...hasn't moved for days, even though I'm still getting new equipment.

CC1
02-17-2015, 05:15 AM
2/12/15 3:24pm (U.S. EST) bombshell dropped.
2/17/15 8:14am (U.S. EST) no further communication, explanation, or clarification.

Once again, a controversial decision is compounded by no REAL communication. If I were Gree, I would be less concerned with the passionate customer comments and more concerned with the players who are silent and have become apathetic. These are the ones walking away or on the verge of it. All those still passionate about the game wouldn't worry me in the least. I know the hook is still deep in the gills and I can swing the fishing pole in any direction I desire. Though they may fight, they will follow it right into the net.

I'm done complaining. It took a while but I finally learned my lesson. Now, I'm working my exit strategy. Some have encouraged people to quit at every turn rather than try to effect change. Congratulations he who shall remain nameless. You're getting your wish one by one.

Rolinz
02-17-2015, 09:12 AM
Attention Soldiers!

Do you plan to share any updates the night before you implement whatever new "feature" you come up with?

Or is that asking too much to keep us updated on what your GREEdy plans are?

sstuutss
02-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Do you plan to share any updates the night before you implement whatever new "feature" you come up with?
The're just waiting for their next big gree up, then they will try and pass it off as an exciting new feature. It should be along anytime now.

KCjamss
02-17-2015, 12:18 PM
I think the solider equipment is not a bad concept but I would like to not have the army equipment. That way we arent feeling forced to collect everything. Better equipment can be found on higher levels. Also a complete and meaningful clarification on how it factors would be nice.

Summary: drop army equipment and drop the percentage of randomness in attacks but only AFTER all the other major isues are fixed such as defense stats disappearing.

Annihilator2
02-17-2015, 12:57 PM
I don't understand about what you complain...
People asked to remove the equipment and Gree listened the people.
I am happy that Gree listens their customers.
And I am happy that equipment is removed. I will be more happy if Gree will totally remove the equipment in all places and formulas including from inventory.

It is your personal choice when you spent real money/gold for the equipment or any other item in the game. Gree is owner of all things in the game, not you.

Modern War Forum GF
02-17-2015, 03:20 PM
So This new iLTQ EQUIPMENT stopped dropping .. That makes intentions CLEAR!

GREE bought themselves Some time to figure out how to resolve THE EQUIPMENT disaster,

We all know how GREE plays iT .. So I would say make sure you all get your screenshots with Latest count on EQUIPMENT.
With delay tactics in place, and no way to see what we have, if we don't keep asking GREE whats going to happen next. In a few weeks days months they act like iT never happened.

Jg48
02-17-2015, 07:17 PM
Gree made everyone spend to get equipment and now they take away. That is called a bait and switch. Hence that is illegal. Now you can give refunds to avoid legal action

skywalker_98
02-17-2015, 07:53 PM
I would like to say THANK YOU! For the equipment not factoring in WD.All I saw was people complaining about it and I agreed .Now I see people complaining its gone and blame GREE. Sure they should come up with a event where equipment stats mean something for those who spent "Thousands of REAL money equipping.Seems to me and I might be wrong but the last couple of months the Majority wanted back the old way now it seems they want the new way back!..Talk about GREE being screwed up!

sstuutss
02-17-2015, 08:22 PM
I would like to say THANK YOU! For the equipment not factoring in WD.All I saw was people complaining about it and I agreed .Now I see people complaining its gone and blame GREE. Sure they should come up with a event where equipment stats mean something for those who spent "Thousands of REAL money equipping.Seems to me and I might be wrong but the last couple of months the Majority wanted back the old way now it seems they want the new way back!..Talk about GREE being screwed up!
Do you really still believe after this long that gree listened? as I said, I have a bridge to sell you.
They removed it for one of two reasons.
1. they weren't making the money they thought they would.... doubtful
2. they couldn't make it work..... much more likely in my opinion

It's possible it was a bit of both.

Of course there are people that know, but they aren't talking. Not that I'd believe 5% of what they say even if they were..So we are left to talk amoungst ourselves

Brandon Barber
02-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Listen to the community????? Ha, they didnt want to deal with the massive influx of errors and system meltdowns caused by last wds use of the broken eq system.....i was under thr impression that if i beat you on 2 of 3 the variables i win.....ive found that if you only beat them in both eq stats and they still double your power you will lose, so how can a logical computing machine allow for that illogical equation????

prowla
02-17-2015, 10:50 PM
i like how u have the nerve to call it an "EXCITING UPDATE" when its a backdate, gree get ur act together and blow ur headquaters up so we all can be happy and u can claim the insurance and we all get our lives back

nocebl
02-17-2015, 11:04 PM
Next exciting news will be Airplane mode glitch on iOS and gold glitch on Droid are coming back. Yay

MoD
02-17-2015, 11:56 PM

ABOVE SOME UNANSWERED QUESTIONS TO GREE FROM 5 DAYS AGO. MOD's PLEASE.

Sorry for me shouting but it seems you don't get any answer here being polite. Same goes for tickets.

Modern War Forum GF
02-18-2015, 02:32 AM
Comment on EQUIPMENT survey..

OMG, now you give us limited options to answer and then can say GREE did what community wanted.

I Miss options in THE survey.

EQUIPMENT was released THE way iT was, worked and planned. community spend their energy, health and gold to chase iT.

I think only option is to take iT away and refund each and every member accordingly.
finding an other use for iT is nothing short of a bait and switch and GREE knows iT.

EQUIPMENT still remaining in our inventory .. Same as all those items to unlock temp boosts.. Sitting in inventory doing nothing but making iT hard to find your health, stamina, energy packs. No wait the EQUIPMENT is no where to be found ..argh

MW Flake
02-18-2015, 02:48 AM
Gree made everyone spend to get equipment and now they take away. That is called a bait and switch. Hence that is illegal. Now you can give refunds to avoid legal action

Then call a lawyer. Let us know how long he laughs in your face before showing you the door.

shaunyp
02-18-2015, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=Jaguar69;1465710]

I already did http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?105578-Are-you-a-happy-customer

And have you taken in the results??????

MW Flake
02-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Sure. The result is, Gree doesn't care as long as the money rolls in.

Genen
02-18-2015, 09:21 AM
I doubt people spent a lot of gold chasing equipment. If they did it was not very smart

Modern War Forum GF
02-18-2015, 09:24 AM
I doubt people spent a lot of gold chasing equipment. If they did it was not very smart

Please explain WHY?

Kefa
02-18-2015, 09:42 AM
Just take the 4.0 code, rename it 6.0, and re-release it, along with some individual gold "gifts" in amounts comparable to what that person has spent since the 5.0 release.

Genen
02-18-2015, 09:55 AM
Why? Because it's calling playing smart.
I personally went specifically for equipment items outside of doing in the regular course of ltq and used gold once or twice. All and all I spent in these occasions may be 400-500k gold. Also I don't use "sleepless" nights in order to do ltqs. Who say we should?

Codys
02-18-2015, 11:49 AM
Why? Because it's calling playing smart.
All and all I spent in these occasions may be 400-500k gold.

400k/1500* $99 = $26,400

Seriously? What is the "smart" part? Gold free is not ok to play?

Brizzol
02-18-2015, 12:04 PM
Allow a recycle feature or something to exchange equip for boost units or something similar. I think the options on the poll are all terrible and it isn't fair to remove the equip after we have worked to get it. Needs to be something useful to exchange our equip for.

Agent Orange
02-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Attention Soldiers!

Sadly if gree had listened to the community in the first place this mess would never have happened. Sorry but gree credibility is shot.

General Nu
02-18-2015, 03:05 PM
I think we should get to dress up our defence buildings with equipment like little dolls. A great way to combine two dead game features.

Boss Roger
02-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Wait, AO are you saying that GREE previously had credibility?
Stop spending money on that game guys. Simple. I've been
playing since the beginning. Gold free since after the 1st year.
I have a digit or two less on my stat line than alot of the guys
I started with but other than that my game experience is pretty
much the same.

Boss Roger
02-18-2015, 03:10 PM
WAKE UP! I'm trying to help you...really! Lol

Agent Orange
02-18-2015, 07:11 PM
J
Wait, AO are you saying that GREE previously had credibility?
Stop spending money on that game guys. Simple. I've been
playing since the beginning. Gold free since after the 1st year.
I have a digit or two less on my stat line than alot of the guys
I started with but other than that my game experience is pretty
much the same.

Oh right that was funzio....

Agent Orange
02-18-2015, 07:13 PM
By the way could someone shut off the damn redirect to the poll page from the game, it's starting to wear a bit thin everytime I log into one of my players and after waiting a couple of minutes get punted there. Granted I suppose I could post 29 feedbacks from my 29 players but it ain't going to be pretty.

Boss Roger
02-18-2015, 07:52 PM
I can't believe we ever complained about Funzio...these guys are so much worse.

redizeli
02-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Absolutely agree buddy!!!

Skydiver2112
02-19-2015, 07:58 AM
A forced survey will lead to false survey results. If you want to conduct a survey about equipment you should not screw with players by constantly taking them to a survey page each time they try to log in and play the game. I for one might contribute valid answers given the option to participate. But if you set up a system to compel me to answer your survey I may have given you invalid answers because I don't appreciate trying to be forced to answer your survey question. Your tactics for this survey is at best very stupid and at worst an inept attempt to make me answer. Not going to happen. So whatever your survey shows you the results will be inacurate. Stop doing the forced survey it is a bad idea.

Lt Kije
02-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Equipment is ****, get rid!!!!!!!

Flatus Maximus
03-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Equipment was what it was... Good players soldiered on and then? Not sure how it didn't work, anybody?

Well, apparently those who accumulated got compensated with an A/D boost in assets?

And now skill points reset? Interesting concept, but no heads up..SNAFU or FUBAR'd. Remains to be seen.

MGSGT (that's 3 up and 3 down) with some trim in the middle...

Bolt
05-05-2015, 01:54 PM
We will create a new thread when we have an announcement.