PDA

View Full Version : Been gone awhile

ukwildcats5
02-12-2015, 05:32 AM
I haven't played in idk how long and was wondering what all has changed in the last year. Is it still an endless grind of never-ending money sucking events or has greedy finally scaled it back a little?

If I wanted to come back as a gold free user would I even have a chance considering my stats or am I to "out of date"

Lvl 129
109 mil att
85 mil def
24.1 mil iph

Don CH
02-12-2015, 06:00 AM
Your stats are fine but you need accomplies a new thing that is important to strenght so not only att/def anymore when you fight

The Hammr
02-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Your stats are fine but you need accomplies a new thing that is important to strenght so not only att/def anymore when you fight
And those accomplices arent readily available anymore.

But hopefully gree will figure out a way to get them out of the game. No one likes them

The Hammr
02-12-2015, 08:32 AM

But hopefully gree will figure out a way to get them out of the game. No one likes them

aarondavidsdad
02-12-2015, 10:27 AM
I like accomplices.

cajunman
02-12-2015, 10:34 AM

Does anyone here play modern war from Gree?
I hear they are taking accomplices away from the game, is this true?

guess accomplices wrecked that game too.

sister morphine
02-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Does anyone here play modern war from Gree?
I hear they are taking accomplices away from the game, is this true?

guess accomplices wrecked that game too.
There are no "accomplices" in Modern War. There is soldier equipment, which has been awarded during events. I've also heard a rumour that things will be changing there, but no idea whether that means the idea is being scrapped or just that they are introducing a new method of putting them out there.

I've also seen a KA screen which mentions amongst other stuff that new items and Hero equipment will be dropped during PvP. It's been a year since I played that so don't know if there's any Accomplice/Equipment equivalent.

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-12-2015, 11:08 AM
You have a decent iph base. It's enough to start getting you in to trouble. You've probably missed the last two +1 building upgrade modifiers. So that's gonna hurt.

But with your current stats, and without accomplices, you'd probably get roasted overall. Robbing is probably out of the question. If you come back, focus on accomplices and find a team that'll take you in.

cooch
02-12-2015, 11:11 AM
I haven't played in idk how long and was wondering what all has changed in the last year. Is it still an endless grind of never-ending money sucking events or has greedy finally scaled it back a little?

If I wanted to come back as a gold free user would I even have a chance considering my stats or am I to "out of date"

Lvl 129
109 mil att
85 mil def
24.1 mil iph

You're situation is almost like a new player. Even if you spend gold you will quit soon into starting because gree destroyed the ability for new boarders and players coming back unlike funzio with stat inflation even with accomplices. They have killed the ability for true sales growth and depend on the tolerance of present gold players to subsidize their company. That pool of players shrinks every day.

1. Right now the pvp formula is 50% stats and essentially 50% accomplices

Join today and you never win a pvp and will get attacked all day. Most free players have at least 250-1000 accomplices while gold players 1000-2000++

So don't re-enter or become a new gold player

2. Ability to obtain accomplices or high stat weapons as a new gold player or re-entering. How do you do that?

A. Ltqs: expensive, can be done, with several vaults at least. New player has no energy to complete so 5-10 vaults and levels up too quickly which hurts them as they cannot be competitive in game
B. Case events: luck of draw can be done with less than one vault to several if unlucky
C. Epic & Raid bosses: join a syn and can be done with a vault or more of gold. Although looks like best boss event for stat/accomplice growth, epic boss, is being eliminated
D. SA: best chance at high stat weapons and accomplices. Since stats don't matter as long as you spend 2-4++ vaults you can join a top team to obtain high value weapons/accomplices
E. War: unless you are in top 150 syn or top 3000 individual forget the war now.

Because of your stats you will not be accepted nor could you win pvp to even help syn (except walls) nor a shot at individual awards

In conclusion gree has made it nearly unreasonable for a new gold player or resuming gold player to want to play ANY of their traditional games except perhaps WON. The equivalent gold spend in competitor games will make you fairly successful at your levels or resumption of play.

Their poorly executed strategy of introducing accomplices with a formula of 50/50 value in pvp created a very short term window for gold on boarders and lost more high value (whales) than they gained. It might have been successful for the games life cycle extension had they done it incrementally so both present spenders and new spenders saw a chance to both succeed and not feel devalued.

In short find another game. You can try to play but review A thru E in one gree cycle and you will find I didn't lead you astray. Plus you would be out at least 10 vaults and feel like you were ripped off and not very happy with yourself

Edit: forgot, to be fair, you can buy special player packages, the equivalent of buy into higher rounds of a poker tournament, to progress faster. So technically you can spend vaults there then do a gree cycle and you may decide to play but it's a more expensive route and poor value

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-12-2015, 12:23 PM
He might be able to reasonably grow his iph. I wouldn't be surprised if Gree releases another +1 building mod, but cap it at three total. He could probably join a top 250 team if he's active enough. Don't need to play at the highest levels to enjoy the game.

cooch
02-12-2015, 12:32 PM
He might be able to reasonably grow his iph. I wouldn't be surprised if Gree releases another +1 building mod, but cap it at three total. He could probably join a top 250 team if he's active enough. Don't need to play at the highest levels to enjoy the game.

For the game to continue gree needs gold players. The big 3 games don't break top 100 anymore on daily basis.

Top 100 daily sales revenue is low for game app companies. So gree has long term trouble.

Not about free players which make up 98% of players (tapjoy just an offset to marketing costs).

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Disregard any and all information in this thread. Sticky Announcement just made all your stats relevant.

Forever Infamous
02-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Do yourself a favour ... Stay away lol

sister morphine
02-12-2015, 02:03 PM
For the game to continue gree needs gold players. The big 3 games don't break top 100 anymore on daily basis.

Top 100 daily sales revenue is low for game app companies. So gree has long term trouble.

Not about free players which make up 98% of players (tapjoy just an offset to marketing costs).
If we accept the game needs gold players to continue I'd point out that it carried on just fine on a far far lower level of spending before syndicates was introduced. There were a small number of players spending a lot of real money; I dread to think how much Sam (the Indian) spent to get his 400,000+ attack back in the day when nothing was more than a couple of hundred points and no mods.

If spending has hit a wall it's because the value for money is so poor. That might not matter to the handful of players with such high disposable income that money effectively has no meaning for them in their personal life, but for others it most certainly does. How many can afford to dump many hundreds of dollars (or equivalent) into a game month after month?

cooch
02-12-2015, 02:18 PM
If we accept the game needs gold players to continue I'd point out that it carried on just fine on a far far lower level of spending before syndicates was introduced. There were a small number of players spending a lot of real money; I dread to think how much Sam (the Indian) spent to get his 400,000+ attack back in the day when nothing was more than a couple of hundred points and no mods.

If spending has hit a wall it's because the value for money is so poor. That might not matter to the handful of players with such high disposable income that money effectively has no meaning for them in their personal life, but for others it most certainly does. How many can afford to dump many hundreds of dollars (or equivalent) into a game month after month?

Sister: You will have to accept the fact we need gold spenders or game over. You are referring to Funzio days when the company wasn't worth $350 million that Gree paid for it or whatever it was.

Fascinating business based articles, not game app junk, answering questions on how two game app developers could afford to put a super bowl commercial in when they cost $4.5 Mill/30 secs. Turns out that .15% (not 15 or 1.5%) of all players account for 50% of game revenue. The total amount of players that matter to all of us is about 1-2%. Successful game app companies such as those two continue to make the value of spending entertainment dollars worthwhile.

So yes we need gold players. Your point on the fact we pay for entertainment, a want, not a need, is correct. Gree US management has effectively forced enough of the .15% to look elsewhere to spend their game app entertainment dollars. Based on the past year of Gree strategy I don't see much hope for gold players to return or new ones to join. I stopped spending for one last year and see no reason to resume.

ukwildcats5
02-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Wow... well thank you all for your input and information. I believe I will continue to not play. Such a shame. Had alot of fun back in the day and met some pretty cool people.

cooch
02-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Wow... well thank you all for your input and information. I believe I will continue to not play. Such a shame. Had alot of fun back in the day and met some pretty cool people.

Good decision. Try the games advertised in Super Bowl. You will enjoy them. Say hello to Kate for me;)

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-12-2015, 06:13 PM

If you're looking for competitive play, then yes, the barrier to entry is expensive. But there's much more to the game.