PDA

View Full Version : We need a unified voice of our little community - TPP

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Our little MW community is adrift in a sea, being tossed about in a storm of confusion, despair, anxiety, and darkness.

For the most part, our little community suffers from what bothers most NON-MUSHROOM communities: we always seem to be in a dark, cool place, and constantly being fed inedible, indigestible stuff.

Now, I am not here to blame, shame, or defame anyone.

I suggest we (our community) elect a voice.

There are many qualified players who would serve us well.

We also need to trust the ones we elect, therefore I suggest we elect three members to be our unified voice.

These three spokespeople will be called The Player's Parliament.

I'll offer up a list of people, and hopefully we can all come together and elect our voices.

I'm not a wizard, and don't know everyone, so feel free to add others that seem to fit the bill.

The only thing I think our voices need is a working knowledge of this game and good common sense.

So, here's my list, let's elect our voices.

Poll your factions, and add their votes, too (or better yet, ask them to come and vote themselves).

Its time for us to stop the in fighting, the name calling, the invective, and see if we can engage Gree to get everything back on the "right" track.

The People's Ballot Box is open, let the best people be elected our voices.

After we've elected our spokespeople, we should all support them and see if we can do something besides whine, criticize, and complain!

The election will end at 08:28 AM (PST) on Friday, 28 February 2015.

I've made the poll private to protect your privacy.
The results are all that we (the players) can see.
I suspect only the Gree officials (or certain officials) can see who voted for who.

Stellaman
02-11-2015, 08:52 AM
I vote for andy2

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-11-2015, 08:54 AM
I vote for andy2

Great, but we each get vote for three people.

HellRaizer
02-11-2015, 09:19 AM
fyi. I cant see who has voted.
---
I regularly raise our issues. I've been playing for three years, created two factions and even tapped myself into debt during a brief stint in st-6. Nowadays my tapping is at a level of bam bams, but I continue to keep in close contact with my faction members who are slowly dwindling on taps especially during WDs.

Sparkle
02-11-2015, 09:37 AM
What's the matter with the voices that we have?

GSF Wingman GRI
02-11-2015, 10:44 AM
I would vote for Pirate Justice. Unfortunately he is no longer amoung us...:rolleyes:

DragCro
02-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Did you ask this people if they want to be nominated?
And why didn't you put in this list Danimal or Captain Buck Slayer?
Is this your personal list of your friends or what?
I see good people in this list but you didn't include all and that is why i think that you chosed yourself for which people should others vote

Kefa
02-11-2015, 11:37 AM
I would add Dek and Danimal to the list as well.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
02-11-2015, 11:38 AM
I see good people in this list but you didn't include all and that is why i think that you chosed yourself for which people should others vote

Thank you for voicing your opinion.

Your tone seems harsh.

I'm just asking, why are you flaming other posters?

MW Flake
02-11-2015, 11:48 AM

Is that not why he encouraged people to add those he may not have listed?

DragCro
02-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Thank you for voicing your opinion.

Your tone seems harsh.

I'm just asking, why are you flaming other posters?I just noticed that some people that helps Mw community are not on that list,and im shure there are more of them that are not on voting list
If you think that i replied harsh i apologies,but that wasn't my intention

MW Flake
02-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Lol. Shocked going down the list to see myself on there. A tough choice, and as such I will need to put in some thought on my final 3, as many are such outstanding choices.

DragCro
02-11-2015, 12:11 PM
My thoughts on voting is that people knows which players are most positive,helpful,good,constructive,knows about the game the most and they gained the respect of the community by posting,by being good and they know what is right and what is wrong,those players won't troll or be abusive to someone.
That is why i think that no mater if you vote or not you know wich player helps you the most.

MW Flake
02-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Why do I often feel like I'm in a group of peaceful protestors, with those one or two covert agents of the opposition standing among us? Whose sole purpose is to throw that first rock or fire that first shot, just so we all can be put down hard and fast?

Kefa
02-11-2015, 01:17 PM
My thoughts on voting is that people knows which players are most positive,helpful,good,constructive,knows about the game the most and they gained the respect of the community by posting,by being good and they know what is right and what is wrong,those players won't troll or be abusive to someone.
That is why i think that no mater if you vote or not you know wich player helps you the most.

DragCro, no offense, seriously, but the problem is that you are a moderator. The company has its hired representatives, and they have selected a few players as well, including you, to moderate the other players' comments. So you trying to influence the guidelines for who can act as spokespersons for the players is like a company's middle-manager trying to dictate to the labor union who they can or can't elect as their stewards.

ezmunie
02-11-2015, 03:47 PM
I did not vote. I'd rather speak for myself as I disagree with much that is posted here... especially the continuing negative remarks about the company, the developers and other employees.

bam bam.
02-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Thanks for putting me up for the worlds worst job dewin haha. I voted for MW Flake, and I would be more than happy for danimal, larry, agent orange, kefa to take on the job ahead of me. I spent years banging my head against a wall as a fan representing myself, I fear I would take on board the 100,000 frustrated players and my head would quiet literally EXPLODE!.

bam bam.
02-11-2015, 08:59 PM
I did not vote. I'd rather speak for myself as I disagree with much that is posted here... especially the continuing negative remarks about the company, the developers and other employees.

With good bosses you dont need unions. United we must stand if we want change. If you think your voice is loud enough without needing the communities support go it alone for sure.

You cant please everyone. For every dude who wants to rule the world another just wants to be free. The role would be to intelligently deduce what the community as a majority wants (whilst keeping the game competitive) and have that LOUDLY represented to the guys who currently refuse to listen to us.

The ultimate goal would be a glitch free model that can last, rather than running it into the ground. You dont want a system that relies on massive reinvention every few cycles. You want the core the same so your long time players stay and enough small changes that keeps noobs interested for long enough to become veterans. And To make gaming here fun again.

bam bam.
02-11-2015, 09:10 PM
DragCro, no offense, seriously, but the problem is that you are a moderator. The company has its hired representatives, and they have selected a few players as well, including you, to moderate the other players' comments. So you trying to influence the guidelines for who can act as spokespersons for the players is like a company's middle-manager trying to dictate to the labor union who they can or can't elect as their stewards.

here here.

Captain Buck Slayer
02-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Agent Orange, Speed Ump and Kefa are my votes :)

codys21
02-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Those are pretty bad options we have. After all, dewin nuttin was the one who started it.....but I would probably day Andy2, danimal, agent orange

ezmunie
02-11-2015, 11:22 PM
With good bosses you dont need unions. United we must stand if we want change. If you think your voice is loud enough without needing the communities support go it alone for sure.

You cant please everyone. For every dude who wants to rule the world another just wants to be free. The role would be to intelligently deduce what the community as a majority wants (whilst keeping the game competitive) and have that LOUDLY represented to the guys who currently refuse to listen to us.

The ultimate goal would be a glitch free model that can last, rather than running it into the ground. You dont want a system that relies on massive reinvention every few cycles. You want the core the same so your long time players stay and enough small changes that keeps noobs interested for long enough to become veterans. And To make gaming here fun again.

I am but one small voice, but electing anyone to be a voice for all of us, still won't stop the hundreds of negative posts that one must weed through to get to the real issues here. It's frustrating for me as a player, so I can only imagine any moderator trying to please everyone. It's not going to happen.

Vegaman
02-12-2015, 12:34 AM
I don't come here much anymore, but when i do i can speak for myself. All you are doing is creating another layer. So if we have a spokesperson we need another forum to get our points of view to them to pass to here to voice our concerns... This idea stinks.

sstuutss
02-12-2015, 05:14 AM
I don't come here much anymore, but when i do i can speak for myself. All you are doing is creating another layer. So if we have a spokesperson we need another forum to get our points of view to them to pass to here to voice our concerns... This idea stinks.
oh so the ways its done now is working? I'd have to disagree.

Agent Orange
02-12-2015, 05:36 AM

I think you summed it up very well, if gree tried listening more then this wouldn't be nessessary. Problem is that they put on the appearance of listening and then go the opposite direction frustrating those trying to effect change.

Perhaps the time has come to stand as a unified group, at this point it probably wouldn't hurt though the realist in me wonders if it would do any good since the company might continue to say one thing and do another. But if we could finally all stand as one perhaps there is hope...

In terms of the player mods standing up for us, highly unlikely except perhaps HR but for the rest they are towing the company line so it seems highly unlikely they could be impartial and effective.

So if we were to take on this task would we get immunity idols like they have on survivor or some form of witness protection?

Agent Orange
02-12-2015, 05:43 AM
I am but one small voice, but electing anyone to be a voice for all of us, still won't stop the hundreds of negative posts that one must weed through to get to the real issues here. It's frustrating for me as a player, so I can only imagine any moderator trying to please everyone. It's not going to happen.

Is this for a moderator? Or for a group spokesperson? If that person were part of a steering comitee that repesented the players in the development process of the game then it makes sense. As a player appointed moderator, I don't see the point of the excersise unless we were given the power to sanction other moderators, reinstate players unfairly silenced and reopen closed threads, and even then that would not affect any real change.

Agent Orange
02-12-2015, 05:44 AM

Appearantly the 'company' thinks so....

bam bam.
02-12-2015, 06:09 AM
I like HR, I would like him more if he wasn't a mod and was standing at our side. All the player mods r sweet hearts but it is a joke of a job where all they can do is upset us.

ezmunie
02-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Is this for a moderator? Or for a group spokesperson? If that person were part of a steering comitee that repesented the players in the development process of the game then it makes sense. As a player appointed moderator, I don't see the point of the excersise unless we were given the power to sanction other moderators, reinstate players unfairly silenced and reopen closed threads, and even then that would not affect any real change.

It's a pipe dream if you or anyone else thinks a committee of community reps is going to have any kind of power in this game. Not gonna happen.

Agent Orange
02-12-2015, 01:22 PM
It's a pipe dream if you or anyone else thinks a committee of community reps is going to have any kind of power in this game. Not gonna happen.

And yet that would likely be the most logical way to fix this mess since lone voices are dutifully ignored. But the odds of this happening are about as high as this forum turning into a happy place.

bam bam.
02-12-2015, 06:10 PM
And yet that would likely be the most logical way to fix this mess since lone voices are dutifully ignored. But the odds of this happening are about as high as this forum turning into a happy place.

*returning to a happy place. It used to be a great place with lots of banter and helpful info.

narsly
02-12-2015, 07:10 PM
*returning to a happy place. It used to be a great place with lots of banter and helpful info.

Yep... Now it sucks almost as bad as the game... Not quite.. But very close.

Mcdoc
02-13-2015, 06:55 PM
I actually would have volunteered for this :-)

bam bam.
02-13-2015, 09:39 PM

Wow, haven't heard from you for a while old mate. You still tapping away?

MW Flake
02-14-2015, 12:45 AM
I actually would have volunteered for this :-)Please do.

JimmyThePick
02-14-2015, 11:25 AM
This made me chuckle.
I've been playing for 3 years and exactly how often has Gree implemented anything the player base wants?
Exactly how often has Gree listened to the feedback of the beta test team?
One voice? Three voices? 10,000 voices will not change it; not one iota.
Complain or don't. Yell or don't. Suggest, implore, plead, negotiate (smiling, tongue in cheek) or don't.
The ONLY thing that talks is the almighty $$$$.

Agent Orange
02-14-2015, 03:42 PM

Perhaps be an alternate, what are the odds of someone getting banned.... ;^p

bam bam.
02-14-2015, 06:45 PM
This made me chuckle.
I've been playing for 3 years and exactly how often has Gree implemented anything the player base wants?
Exactly how often has Gree listened to the feedback of the beta test team?
One voice? Three voices? 10,000 voices will not change it; not one iota.
Complain or don't. Yell or don't. Suggest, implore, plead, negotiate (smiling, tongue in cheek) or don't.
The ONLY thing that talks is the almighty $$$$.

We have not had zero wins, -we got rid of full assault (granted we got its cousin frontline), got rid of PVP, got inventory upgrade, got small increases in vault-which don't really matter but we got them, we are able to clean up our inventories by recycling, gold confirmation on SOME aspects of the game, got cash and valor units updated- all of these things came from the community. Now I know some people liked some of these but the overwhelming majority was for most of these changes. We had to push hard, upset a few mods, kick over a few apple carts. We get wins but we have to persist and fight.

So what I am saying is a community spokesman is a good idea, so long as it is not me. Mods have zero respect for me around here haha

JimmyThePick
02-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Fair points bam bam.

Point by point rebuttal, keeping in mind we are both trying to be constructive & realistic. And I appreciate your passion for this game as I hope you appreciate mine. Fair warning as this is a bit long.

Frontal assault was an unmitigated disaster. Gree knew from beta testing that scrolling though 1,000s of units was a joke. In the 2nd & 3rd versions we were given 30 minutes & 10 minutes to deploy. Then frontal assault died.

PvP.... Dare I say much of this community liked PvP. It earned little revenue, so after 3 or 4 tourneys it also died. For the past year there have been numerous threads asking to bring it back. They have fallen on Gree's deaf ears.

Inventory upgrade? Not sure what you mean. Maybe 6 units per level rather than 4?

Cash and valor units. This was good until 'player appreciation month'. At that point, the bar was reset. And by the way, can anyone name a single event during 'player appreciation month' that worked without a problem or glitch?

Vault increases? Who on this forum asked for a vault increase? Can you please cite a thread? Most comments I recall are along the lines of: 1. Who cares? Or 2. Sure nothing better to spend fake money & time on, why not?

Recycling... Ok I will concede this point. But, how long and in how many threads was this feature asked for before it was implemented?

Gold confirmation? (Duly noted that you say some purchases.) What about grunts (1 extra ally) and scratchers as just two examples. These have been issues from day 1. Yes Gree has added SOME confirmations, but do you ever ask yourself why they are absent many places?

You say it is getting better, press on, persevere. I say you are overly optimistic and somewhat unrealistic.

Would you like to talk about the constant litany of botched events? Or how sometimes when Gree makes a huge programming error it is rectified while others aren't? Here is a recent example: Arjun tank recycle vs. the ability to buy 1 gold units from an opponent.
In one case nothing is done, in the other Gree fixes the problem. Why?

Would you like to discuss the pace of events? This issue predates the 5th WD event. Prior to FA, FL, Raid Boss, & FLTQs, Gree was asked to slow down the number of events by many members of this very community. Has that happened?

So I ask you, is it enough? You are passionate about this game. Does Gree share your passion? Or are they simply passionate about the numbers? Thats my $.02.

sstuutss
02-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Recycling... Ok I will concede this point. But, how long and in how many threads was this feature asked for before it was implemented?

Well for those of us it works for, but as per normal gree couldn't care less that it doesn't work for everyone.

bam bam.
02-15-2015, 01:53 AM
Yeah Jimmy I know nothing ever comes without a back-dooring from GReE haha.

Vault upgrades are in threads a lot mate. (Personally I don't think we need them)

PVP we will disagree on, I know some (i believe a minority) loved it and were vocal but it was also different days as events were not constant and you didn't have boosts as a reward. Either way, a rejigging would not be harmful.

I don't think people should be playing on, I think the opposite. Until time goes by and we see consistent improvements (hell 3 events in a row glitch free would be amazing let a lone a few cycles of consistent improvement) I don't thinking anyone should be tapping.

The pace of events is ridiculous and we need to keep bringing it up.

The inventory upgrade is the 'search functions' so we could look through our inventory without having to scroll through 20000 units to find the new ones.

The bigger army was also something we asked for 4units per ally to 6units was done at our request.

Level cap to 300 done at our request too.

I am just saying we don't lose every battle. So don't have no hope, just have very very very lil hope (the difference between the two is infinite lol)

Captain Steelman
02-15-2015, 05:08 AM
Not sure iamnasty and I am a cow works so well together.... LoL moo moo But other then that, I have no opinion... But I know I dont have time for it so dont vote for me....

good gawd noooo
02-15-2015, 03:00 PM
fyi. I cant see who has voted.
---
I regularly raise our issues. I've been playing for three years, created two factions and even tapped myself into debt during a brief stint in st-6. Nowadays my tapping is at a level of bam bams, but I continue to keep in close contact with my faction members who are slowly dwindling on taps especially during WDs.

personally seen you active in forums for long time but think being a mod should exclude you from eligiblity as you might have a conflict of interest . You maybe player first but your now unofficially connected to gree as well. no offense meant just being honest

SUPpose So
02-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Think you are Peeing into the wind with this one..... Next

bam bam.
02-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Think you are Peeing into the wind with this one..... Next

On a hot day that can be quiet refreshing, so I've been told.

ezmunie
02-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Who here has any clout with Gree?
Who do they really listen to?
Who can make a difference in the game as a whole?

Not talking about the top 10% who get catered to all the time.