PDA

View Full Version : Modern War Weekly Feedback (02/10/15)

Clementine
02-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Hello Modern War Community!

This thread is for you to post your valuable feedback on Modern War. Every Tuesday we will sticky a new weekly feedback thread so you can conveniently post your opinions on the game. This thread will not only give you an easily accessible place to share your thoughts with us, but it will also consolidate your feedback making it more efficient for Community staff to gather and report to the Development Team.

When providing feedback, please keep it constructive, on-topic, non-inflammatory, and break it down into the following categories:

In-Game Events
Customer Support
Community Support
Game Stability & Issues

Please note that this thread is not a substitution for reporting bugs and issues to Customer Support.

Thank you,

The GREE Community Team

andy2
02-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Could you actually provide us with a status update on the long list of existing bugs?

DieselPowered
02-10-2015, 03:34 PM
For the record i (and the rest of my faction) still hate the soldier equipment as was stated in the 18 page post asking the community for our feedback on it. There was no response in that thread. Would it be possible to finally get a response on the equipment?

truthteller
02-10-2015, 03:41 PM

This thread is for you to post your valuable feedback on Modern War. Every Tuesday we will sticky a new weekly feedback thread so you can conveniently post your opinions on the game. This thread will not only give you an easily accessible place to share your thoughts with us, but it will also consolidate your feedback making it more efficient for Community staff to gather and report to the Development Team.

When providing feedback, please keep it constructive, on-topic, non-inflammatory, and break it down into the following categories:

In-Game Events [COLOR="#4B0082"]Too many [COLOR="#4B0082"]
Customer Support
Community Support
Game Stability & Issues

Please note that this thread is not a substitution for reporting bugs and issues to Customer Support.

Thank you,

The GREE Community Team

*]In-Game Events

Too many non stop events (specially energy LTQs), perhaps change some energy LTQ for Stamina ones

Customer Support

This does not really exist, 99% of the time players get a "can" asnwers that has nothing to do with issue and/or issue is never resolved

Community Support

Only area that has shown good improvment, although it has slow somewhat lately

Game Stability & Issues

1- to much memory "suck in" by MW
2- cannot attack rival from rival list without the game crashing
3- after you hit/raid a rival, if you hit a NPC, you keep getting the battle results of the rival attack

Seph
02-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Game Stability

Hello,

Since the 5.0 update, I have been experiencing lengthy periods of lag when in game. I have not been able to figure out what exactly causes it, but I do know that exiting/closing all apps will help my chances to play lag free (for a period of time). When the freezing/lag is at its worst, it will literally lock my phone down for 5-7 minutes and does not react to anything I do (swiping screen, lock my screen, etc.)This is something that was never an issue prior to the update.

Also, I am on iOS - iPhone 6.

Thanks

Big John
02-10-2015, 06:46 PM
What did the latest iOS update fix?

Gabrielk74
02-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Why look for feedback you don't respond to the feedback already given

2000y2k
02-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Can you tell us when we will see the update we all got pop ups about and that you posted on Facebook about 10 days ago?

Will this include updated ranks and or rank units? It would be nice for the Apollo ranked players to get battle points again.

HypeTonic
02-10-2015, 11:03 PM
This isnt a big deal, But will there be a new loading screen for 2015? The current one is kind of boring seeing it multiple times a day.

MoM - Krypt
02-11-2015, 01:22 AM
A lot of people would like to know what the recent IOS update fixed other than the white screen when first loading game. Pvp hasn't been fixed. Vip section of game has not been fixed. As stated by someone earlier, attacking a rival then hitting a npc keeps repeating rewards from the pvp fight. That update did almost nothing! (At least that I've noticed)
EDIT: I forgot to mention: after viewing any in game pop ups like the ltb's when they were brought back or the current pop-up notice about lvl increase and expansion, etc. it always loads then as blank shades boxes on the game screen and you can't read the info. Another bug that needs fixing!

Smallfish
02-11-2015, 03:30 AM
Thanks for making it easier to add equipment. i had no problem with the way it was but this is quicker.

bam bam.
02-11-2015, 03:50 AM
Is this like a new system a month?. Why is it always a new process?. Why not just read the forum and listen to us. You just ignore these stickies when we require some actual work from you guys.

PVP cancellation/delay. Same old same old. 85% hated this way back when. But if you make a plan just stick to ur start n end times.

Lack of seeing you or other paid GReE reps and when we do here from you it is not concise or accurate.

Focus on gambling...not good. Unrestricted age game.

Gold confirms non existent still on a lot of things. How's about a setting, every time you login u have to turn gold spend on if you want to use it. Auto resets to gold spend off when you log out.

Data soak is massive.

Login delay time is redonk!.

Ltq requirements have apparently gone silly again.

Unpaid mods r as helpful as ever.

Raid boss jump was needed but seemingly excessive for all but top 25 teams.

Tramp78
02-11-2015, 08:18 AM
Can you tell us if our constant requests for a gold confirmation process is heard and just ignored or do you plan on doing anything about it. I lost 50 gold today due to misplaced finger taps. Honestly, nothing makes me hate this game more than blowing 20 gold by mistake on a scratch off card. So be honest. Is a gold confirmation in the works or is it part of your game design to drive up gold usage when people make mistakes? If so, is Apple aware of your game design and do they approve? They just had to settle a huge class action lawsuit over games that allowed people spend real money with no confirmation. Refunds and an iOS update were required. You sell gold and then litter your game with ways to lose that purchased good accidentally. You have been alerted to this by your users repeatedly and nothing has been done. This is starting to look like you are doing this on purpose. If so, if you have a legal department you just might want them to review this game design policy in light of recent major court decisions. But we as your users are getting really tired of being ignored on this issue and ignored people eventually escalate.

Annihilator2
02-11-2015, 09:57 AM
In-Game Events
I hate non-stop energy events and event overlapping.

Customer Support
I don't turn to customer support. Customer support does not help. Their help is not significant.
Bug resolving is also under customer service responsibility. They must press on marketing and development teams and achieve the bug fixes.
Do they do their work in this area? Not, game is not playable.

Community Support
Not good. We ask dedicated Gree employer as MW mod without any changes. We are not informed about changes at all. For example, formula for win/lost calculation was changed without proper informing.
Another example, stats shown in raid/attack report.
Next example is time table for bug fixes. E.g. When will invisible targets stop to be on maps?

Game Stability & Issues
So much issues and game instability that I don't start here any listing of these issues. We have the long list of issues that we wait, wait, wait to be fixed.

Annihilator2
02-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Thanks for making it easier to add equipment. i had no problem with the way it was but this is quicker.

How much equipment does have your army?
Implementation of the equipment is so bad that I don't understand about what you thank...

Annihilator2
02-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Is this like a new system a month?. Why is it always a new process?. Why not just read the forum and listen to us.

It is easier than really to resolve the bugs and issues.
There are no needs in reading because nobody will fix anything.

2MblaZ
02-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Did anybody hinted you that iLTQ's/fLTQ's are LAME and supa BORING when you run them non-stop like this now ALL time... Give us a break, I wanna finish my enemy encampment missions, but can't do it because some lame ltq cockroaches popping up everywhere straying me from true missions... :cool:

NexusImperium
02-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Here's a suggestion I posted in a different thread (slightly modified for this one):

1) Change how the rivals list works. Instead of match-ups by level, match by attack/defense stats (or rank). Change the news feed to have a 24h limit so players don't fear lengthy reprisals. Or, change the news feed so that they disappear after the players have been 'revenged'.
2) Have only 1 LTQ per cycle. Make them permanent (so, ah, not LTQ) and have very large energy requirements (for example, normal might have an energy requirement of 65,000 energy, prestige 130K, master 520K). All players can get the good rewards but some will get there sooner, and some will pay to get there now. But with these numbers, most players would hope to get the normal reward in 2 weeks, Prestige in 1 month, and master in 4 months.

Following this model, due to the overlapping nature of events, players would have to prioritize a bonus on Master or buy energy packs to keep pace with the monthly releases.

Players win, Gree wins.

2MblaZ
02-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Because it is LAME and got sooo overused and boring just tapping those bunched-up moving cockroaches everywhere all the time... Can you use some creativity cells left there and come up with something more exciting please?!?

MW Communitah :mad:

:cool:

No?... How about perhaps LESS of those during cycle?.... 1x FLTQ and 1x LTQ?.... Just sayin'...

MW Flake
02-12-2015, 03:38 PM
So in dealing with the fallout from removing equipment out of the blue, and ticking people off for not listening to us sooner, you follow it up with another Community Event like the failure at Christmas?

Seriously, I tried. I really really did try to give you the benefit of the doubt (again), but you come right out with yet another thing we told you WE DON'T WANT to replace removing the thing WE DON'T WANT.

There really is no getting through to you, and no hope for saving you.

truthteller
02-12-2015, 03:44 PM
I see

they want the "community" to kill 2.6m bosses

tier 1 751,221 kills for a care package
tier 2 1,502,443 kills for a 5% building output
Tier 3 2,128,460 kills for a 5% infantry DEF
Tier 4 2,629,275 kills for a 2% alliance DEF

So IF...........and only IF...............we get ALL 4 prizes killing a total of 2,629,275 bosses, then we "ONLY" need 17,529 players to kills 150 bosses and we are good

BUT

if each goal resets after its completion, then we need 7,011,399 kills or 46,742 players killing 150 bosses Each

I see GREEdy doing the same as in the 7 day WD screwup, Kills will count double, triple and quadruple so we can at least get a couple of prizes

well...........I like killing bosses, so kill at least have fun doing that and hope there are individual goals

East Coast Bias
02-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Don't worry, even if we fail, they will give us the prizes. No need to jump up and down and scream.

Kefa
02-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Don't worry, even if we fail, they will give us the prizes. No need to jump up and down and scream.

So true. And since it's community-wide, it really doesn't matter - we'll all either be ahead the same amount, or not, when it's all said and done. Net zero, excluding any new accts that start after the event, so let's be happy :)

MW Flake
02-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Like WD it will most likely be cumulative. But health is increasing so who knows what kills will be like. But really, who cares if we get them. Yes boosts affect everyone differently, but overall we will all stay approximately the same from anything we do get.

Pidgeot
02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
It can be good. They just dont need to overshoot the kills.

MW Flake
02-12-2015, 04:33 PM
It doesn't matter if there is 1 kill or 100b kills, there is no net gain for anyone, so the whole thing is pointless. It's just more inflation.

Ozymandias
02-13-2015, 02:11 AM
In-Game Events
- Personally I'm fine with them, you either do or don't do them.

Customer Support
- Remains shocking. I'm reluctant to use them as I know it will take multiple emails to get anything resolved.

Community Support
- You've acknowledged the need to communicate better, and have promised to do more, but it's getting worse if anything. The community is trying to help by reporting things to you and giving you feedback, but it seems to be a black hole. Reading between the lines there may be a disconnect between the developers and the community managers, and although you may be passing on feedback, they don't respond appropriately. The level gree communication and response this week has been very low, and there are important outstanding questions on how defence stats don't seem to be working and how the battle formulas have changed, which are absolutely core to the game, which haven't been answered

Game Stability & Issues
-- Defence stats appear to be broken, with people able to raid people with much higher stats, with result screens showing defence stats as much lower than profiles.

MW Flake
02-13-2015, 06:33 AM
Community support - what you did right here with my thread is just indicitive of the disconnect you have. Lumping every single thing into one giant thread to stifle and confuse discussions by us. Merge multiple threads on the same topic to reduce clutter, but don't merge every complaint as if it's one single issue. Sanitizing the forums is not going to save, or even fix, anything.

ezmunie
02-13-2015, 08:52 AM
I have no problem with Customer Support. All of my issues have been seen to and resolved immediately.

Talahaski
02-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Performance and Bugs
- Reduce Data Usage
- Reduce Game Load Time
- Fix invisible NPC's. When going to a map for the first time since opening the app, NPC's are invisible and slowly load over time, one at a time. Sometimes this can take a long time and there is no way to know when the map is fully loaded. Subsequent visits to the same map are ok, but after closing the app and re-opening the app, the map needs to reload again. I'm not sure what is happening, but maybe this is part of the cause of the data usage.
- Building Upgrades, Previously if you tried to upgrade a building and all your builders were busy, you would get a popup listing all your building currently being upgraded and telling you cannot upgrade anymore. Now you instead get a game error.

Events
- Stop the inflation of all events. If a character made it to 15/20 last time, and that character improved, the next event they should be able to get to 16/20 and feel like they are actually accomplishing things. Instead average players see that last time they made it to 15/20 and this time they struggle just to complete 14/20. When this happens you remove the sense of accomplishment and instead the player is disappointment and can result in players leaving the game because they feel like they cannot complete, especially somebody who is not yet addicted to the game. Not everybody is able to improve at the rate of inflation. This goes for rb also, the last 2 events were a real disappointment. I know this is a controversial topic because the top players want to continue to have a challenge. (please don't start a flaming war). I would suggest instead that the goals be redesigned so there are more sub-goals with achievements every 5 or 10 sub-task completed. Think of the Elite Boss, if you got rid of beginner/normal/prest... and only had a single ltq goal, it could be 1/50 and gets harder each round and every 5 task completed the reward is something unique, getting better rewards as you complete more. However there would never be any inflation, 15/50 would always be of similar difficulty. To add challenge to the top players, if too many people are able to complete 50/50, then the next event you add another 5 missions so the goal would go to 55/55. This will give the top players a continuous challenge, while average players can see their character grow each event. Last time they got to 15, next time they can get to 16. Players need to feel like they are accomplishing something.
- FLTQ/LTQ
+ LTQ requires way too much energy
+ NPC's for ltq are often in very crowded areas with too many other NPC's
- Bring back building raid events
- Event scheduling
+ Stop back to back energy type of events, give us a break between them
+ Reduce the number of events you try to squeeze into each cycle and cut back on overlap. Exception of box events, its not a big deal for those to overlap.
- War
+ I did not mind the equipment, but the chase to obtain the equipment was a pain.
+ The real problem with the previous change to war was the attackers def vs defender's att. Since the defenders attack skill was not shown, it provided way too much confusion. It should be clear to understand why you won or lost a war. Either provide us with the defenders attack stats or remove this from the calculation.

Other
- Would love to see improvement in base design. Nobody takes time to design a good looking base because they need to cram as many buildings into the limited space and it takes too long to buy a new square. Also its very limited to what we can put on our base. How about rivers, lakes, roads,all kinds of stuff.
- Would love to be able to visit my faction members base directly from the faction member list.
- Would love to see alias have some direct interaction instead of just being a few hundred useless numbers you add when your character just starts off and then never touch again. How about allowing me to visit a alias base once a day and have a mini game. I need to find and kill a spy that infiltrated my alias base or find and disarm a bomb. A daily goal of finding 20 spys might give me a small 1-day temp bonus.

MW Flake
02-13-2015, 10:57 AM
They would have to make decorations visible first. It's only been three years that's been broken. :D

sstuutss
02-13-2015, 12:48 PM
This thread makes my eyes roll.
Did they not have a long enough list of things that don't work or questions that need answering already? Why must they always start new threads to make it look like they are the ones iniating things?

Shame they can't stand by what they say either.

Konan-Barbarian
02-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Money buildings do not show the money bag when they become collectible while on the home base map.

You start game, after opening screens you have money buildings to collect, with a money ready icon over them. These collect fine. You wait, any period of time. Next if any other money building with the exception of the 5 minute supply depot, becomes collectible it will blink (like a screen refresh), but no money ready icon appears. If you are not watching screen, which you can't do for buildings off screen, you don't know they are ready to collect. Except over the supply depot (5 minute timer) which always appears. So you have to tap the ones you think are due or leave home base to another map and come back and then the money ready icon is visible over those buildings, but here's the thing, this takes time and throws things off schedule, yes a few seconds every day makes things worse. I like to collect on a specific schedule at set times, quickly and then move on to another game. In conjunction with this, the big honkin red collect all button does not appear when a building comes collectible, until you tap on one and then it will appear if there are others collectible. I don't like that button anyway as I sometimes leave specific buildings uncollected until their next scheduled time on my schedule to get hem in-sync with other buildings I collect at a specific time. also I think the collect all throws the times off a few seconds making things worse, so I don't use it. I've played for years not getting more than a minute off schedule over 6 months. Now it's like a minute a week and hard to keep resyncronizing my schedule.

This is as if the money ready symbol is place over the building and then the building is refreshed, hiding the money ready symbol, hence the flicker, as if they are calling the subroutine in the wrong order, a timing issue.

In addition to this, if any construction building, upgrading building or developing land grid becomes done, the screen does not update showing the completed whatever, no message 'whatever complete' in yellow scrolls up the screen and the yellow construction or upgrade sign does not go away. you have to leave home base to another map and come back to see the proper whatever.

plavine
02-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Epic boss :
Now too difficult for 75% of players

Bambamgunz
02-13-2015, 11:16 PM
Can You please turn LIMITED TIME (1/4 turn) Square instead of diagonal covering lvl individual and faction progress like it currently does!!7245

J1mcrane
02-14-2015, 01:42 AM
Can You please turn LIMITED TIME (1/4 turn) Square instead of diagonal covering lvl individual and faction progress like it currently does!!7245

Yeah I +1 this!!

Cannot Connect To Server
02-14-2015, 02:21 AM
gree are the bug in cc and mw. get rid of staff who do not know how to program or test before dumping out broken sh.t and things might work again.

CJ88
02-14-2015, 07:32 AM
Updated to the latest version 5.0.2 and content version of mw_20150213_47016. Every few hours being kicked out by MW. Need to re-log in.

Also, whenever logging in need to kill all apps from the background. Pls solve the log in issues.

Bluehavana2
02-14-2015, 07:33 AM

Better yet, remove this box... All the green shaded boxes are limited time

WBS
02-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Cut down on how many events are run. It is way to many and it feels like work to do them. If a game feels like work it is no longer fun.

Mikelord
02-14-2015, 02:38 PM
They would have to make decorations visible first. It's only been three years that's been broken. :D

OMG YOU KNOW ABOUT THE DECORATION BUG ON IOS a...?.?.?.?,, I love you lol I been complaing about that for years. Lmao
AND CLEM, here some reviews... Under

Game play--- or what ever list.
Why can you not simply read the list we currently have for you, instead of posting this every week and starting new? The comprehsinve list of bugs and issues and hacks and lags and cheats and everything under the sun is already there for you, you simply have to utilize what we have created for you. (WELL BIG PROPS FOR ANDY2 for compiling it and updating it)

Agent Orange
02-14-2015, 03:48 PM

In-Game Events
Customer Support
Community Support
Game Stability & Issues

Thank you,

The GREE Community Team

Just curious but what happens to these threads on the following tuesday and does someone actually read this and pass on the comments? I realize you are swamped, and it is the weekend but since posting the opening comment you've gone silent which is one of the biggest complaints we the players have been posting.

It kind of makes us think this is just another waste of time which is a pity since opening up better dialog is crucial to the survival of this game.

good gawd noooo
02-15-2015, 03:35 PM
I agree more responses and quicker responses or updates or pending repairs would be very beneficial to the feeling of the players. there is a very long list perhaps during the weekly updates you can split the list of repairs done with list of old issues still pending thus giving players a sense that these issues are being addressed

MW Flake
02-15-2015, 05:42 PM
And the last time we had a weekly update was when?

East Coast Bias
02-15-2015, 06:02 PM
Please stop *****ing and keep the thread constructive.

sstuutss
02-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Well so far we seem to be talking amoungst ourselves. Pretty normal around here.

Mikelord
02-16-2015, 03:41 AM
Well so far we seem to be talking amoungst ourselves. Pretty normal around here.

Well to be fair, I think that's improved communication, with gree completely out of the picture there is no more problem. Problem solved. =] although I would like clementine to look over our comprehensive list of modern war bugs and hacks and glitches and broken items so she could start doing her job and pass that feed back to the developers.

bam bam.
02-16-2015, 04:00 AM

It's a distraction. "Look over here!", walks to other side of room and pours another cup of coffee.

MW Flake
02-16-2015, 04:36 AM

Maybe you could provide answer to the question instead of complainining about perceived complaining. It's pointless to ask for something in the weekly update if they aren't even providing the weekly update.

East Coast Bias
02-16-2015, 05:23 AM
Maybe you could provide answer to the question instead of complainining about perceived complaining. It's pointless to ask for something in the weekly update if they aren't even providing the weekly update.

You missed the sarcasm. Unhelpful mod asking for constructive comments when they've done absolutely nothing to improve the game.

MW Flake
02-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Yes, indeed. Missed it by a mile lol.

ezmunie
02-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Cannot block annoying players on iOS.

Web323
02-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Yet not a single answer to anything on here. It was stated that the EB would not have a health greater than 20 billion but yet boss 135 for 251-299 tier is something close to 150 billion.

MW Flake
02-17-2015, 07:37 AM
It was never said it wouldn't be over 20b, only that it wouldn't BE 20b. Gree symantics at its best.

Rolinz
02-17-2015, 09:09 AM
Plenty of responses and post from Players here.

Still no response on any items here from any GREEdy reps, mods, developers or community managers!

It has been a week now. Is this an improvement on your "COMMUNICATIONS" to your players?

A new "Weekly Feedback" should be posted sometime today right and no feedback from GREE about this Feedback!

It is like talking to a wall when trying to communicate with GREE!

Annihilator2
02-17-2015, 09:37 AM
New bug is in XP counting and leveling up in new MW version.

Relic
02-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Thank you for your feedback! We have started a thread for the week of 2/17/15.